SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

When aiming down the sights of a weapon (LRS/Irons), my view twitches violently. This also happens with the binocs. Does anyone know why this happens?

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them?

You may be also cold, even without the status. Happened to me today, after a rainy night in Cherna. I had to sit by the fire close to 15-20 minutes (!) in order to get rid of it.

• Like 1

You may be also cold, even without the status. Happened to me today, after a rainy night in Cherna. I had to sit by the fire close to 15-20 minutes (!) in order to get rid of it.

ahh that might be it actually. Thank you, ill try and warm up on my next play session.

- one thing that gets me everytime is the delayed number keys for you inventory. I hate it and its not smooth. I normally end up bashing my board till it switched. Its not consistent when it does happen to work.

The hotbar seems to be much more responsive when you open your inventory first. It took me some time to get used to it, but now it works quite well for me.

When aiming down the sights of a weapon (LRS/Irons), my view twitches violently. This also happens with the binocs. Does anyone know why this happens?

Eating human meat causes violent twitching, which is increasing in severity over time. No way to heal it yet, it will stay like this until you die. If you're freezing you'll have a constant shaking rather than random twitches.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

To add, I ate cooked human steak before so maybe that is a cause? Because I know it brings in that annoying crying as well. And I made sure to aim down sights

when I had my breath and sway wasn't all crazy. 

It seems to be a bug.

I have it too.

It is stuck to that character and wont go away until you die and restart.

• Like 1

To add, I ate cooked human steak before so maybe that is a cause? Because I know it brings in that annoying crying as well. And I made sure to aim down sights

I wouldnt call it a bug. I've experienced same problem ans I started to try out what might cause it.

Conclusion: When your'e under a certain temperature, somwhere under 35.5-35.7 you will be shaking and there wont be a cold status message on your inventory screen. Keep running/make a fireplace, or  get some warm clothes and run, etc and once your temperature goes above 36 degrees, the shaking will go away. I had exactly the same type of shaking with binoculars and different weaponsights.

I've also noticed, in some very rare cases the cold/hot status wont show up. I've had my temperature all the way from 34 to 40 without any message indicators, but this was in few very rare occasions and I dont know yet what caused this bug.

• Like 1

Ok so what the hell is going on now? My character is gone after being alive for over a week and no loot spawning on two server so far will update as I try more

Also am spawning in different locations each time...

Is the hive down or what?

edit: Ok so Jumped on atleast 5 other servers just like that.... NO respawn timers... No loot... Different location each spawn... Weird...Hope its nothing major..

Also checked one private shard server and the odd thing is I saw no loot there either...

Edited by Masprotech

Ok so what the hell is going on now? My character is gone after being alive for over a week and no loot spawning on two server so far will update as I try more

Also am spawning in different locations each time...

Is the hive down or what?

edit: Ok so Jumped on atleast 5 other servers just like that.... NO respawn timers... No loot... Different location each spawn... Weird...Hope its nothing major..

Also checked one private shard server and the odd thing is I saw no loot there either...

I can confirm this, tired 6 different servers that varied in first person, first/third and one private server, all my characters are new spawns and there is no loot to be found at all.

Edit: Servers are good now.

Edited by F22RaptorDude

1. 'skinning' works, but I had some problems too. Simply walk around the game and try to find a proper distance, then the option should come up.

2. LRS - same here.

3. No info on 1911.

4. Always been a huge problem. Nothing worse, nothing better in 0.52.

I did skin it. That's why I thought it was weird.

I did skin it. That's why I thought it was weird.

Maybe the Pile of Guts took the empty place in your inventory? Also, I think sometimes you need to take the pelt in your hands in order to access what is beneath it. Other than that, i have no clue. I skinned several animals and the meat was there (guts not always).

Maybe the Pile of Guts took the empty place in your inventory? Also, I think sometimes you need to take the pelt in your hands in order to access what is beneath it. Other than that, i have no clue. I skinned several animals and the meat was there (guts not always).

Yup, I got nothing. I'll try again. Just don't want to use to much ammo.

Have a look at this video. It shows exactly what it looks like when you start to twitch from consumption of human flesh. If you're not shaking like that, then you're most likely just cold. 

• Like 2

Has anyone found the sword, cleaver or hunting knife this update? I can't find them anywhere.

I have not. My buddy and I spent an hour and a half looking for a sword the other night in several different castles on a few different servers (separately) and never came up with anything.

Ok here is what I've noticed so far until now (played like 5 hours on this stable).

- Can't skin animals. My character does the animation of skinning and even finish it but it seems not be able to collect any meat (the only option is to cancel current action).

- The same goes with the option of collect rain water with canteen. Character will do animation, finish it, but never get any result, so I have to cancel.

- Also the option of pouring water of one canteen to another seems to be inexistant for me right now.

- I also had some problems combining wooden sticks with bandages, as someone have said already. This is inconsistent, as it seems to happen only in certain circumstances (which I'm unaware of).

- "While scouting using the LRS, I could not move up and down. Only had movement on the horizontal axis. This was with looking, not walking" (Exact same thing someone said before).

-  I noticed the delayed number key for inventory too.

Have a question. Any of you guys find any new .52 items all I've found was a hockey stick,silencers,teddy bears,and a cooking tripod nothing else. If you did find something can you please tell in a reply to this comment to were you found it plz thnx happy holidays.

I've found all of the above, as well as the new bomber jacket and a chainsaw.

• Like 1

Anyone know if persistent vehicles are in the pipeline...? I am most curious about this. ...Or are plans to keep them 'disposable'? 

I would be greatly obliged to hear any rumors on said matter.

Yours, in good faith, verily this yuletide eve,

Harmonica.

• Like 2

Is the issue with items not being able to be picked up a problem that requires a restart? I'm finding that when I encounter this(which is quite often), that I am having to reconnect in order to pick up any items at all.

Ok here is what I've noticed so far until now (played like 5 hours on this stable).

- Can't skin animals. My character does the animation of skinning and even finish it but it seems not be able to collect any meat (the only option is to cancel current action).

- The same goes with the option of collect rain water with canteen. Character will do animation, finish it, but never get any result, so I have to cancel.

- I also had some problems combining wooden sticks with bandages, as someone have said already. This is inconsistent, as it seems to happen only in certain circumstances (which I'm unaware of).

All of this happened to me in 0.51 and 0.52 (plus not being able to drink from a canteen), but it always works when you just 'cancel current action' and try it again. Remember this is alpha, so when something doesn't work, just retry. ;)

• Like 1

Anyone know if persistent vehicles are in the pipeline...? I am most curious about this. ...Or are plans to keep them 'disposable'? 

Harmonica.

Persistence doesn't work very well in general for anything let alone vehicles (well it doesn't work for vehicles at all). My guess, a couple months or more. Persistence was pushed out in July and it still does not work so I'm assuming it is very hard to get to function correctly.

Edited by blindwuzi
  • Like 3

when driving the v3s, is the voip bugged/cant be heard over the sound of engine ? i spoke to a guy earlier and as soon as we entered the vehicle he didnt say a word after, nor responded to me.

This was like the third mute trucker i encountered. Just a coincidence or am i talking to myself without success?

Yeah - I had trouble hearing passengers/drivers in V3S's until I turned up my VOIP volume in settings. If you encounter this again maybe you can tell them to do so in chat.

- one thing that gets me everytime is the delayed number keys for you inventory. I hate it and its not smooth. I normally end up bashing my board till it switched. Its not consistent when it does happen to work.

I know it's a temp fix but if you hit tab then the number keys seem to work much better.

Edited by solodude23

I am probably wrong but maybe you need to add some sort of flammable liquid to the rags and then rags to the stick and then light it?

Tried that with rags and burlap strips, no soap.  Has anyone tried to combine a t-shirt and sticks?

Edited by Barnabus

I got a decent amount of time today in the game and noticed a few things. If anyone else is experiencing the same things I'd like to know.

- shot a deer with a 1911 and could not harvest the meat with my kitchen knife. I had plenty of space in my inventory and it didn't show up on the ground. It happened on two deer I killed.

- while scouting using the LRS, I could move up and down. Only have movement on the horizontal axis. This was with looking, not walking.

- after loading a single round into my 1911 and later removing it, I couldn't combine it with my other .45 acp.

-It may be sequencing, I shot a cow yesterday and had this problem since I put away my rifle after I got the skin and quarter option and grabbed my machete, the option to skin disappeared. Then I killed a second cow, this time I put the rifle up, grabbed the machete and looked for the option to skin and quarter and got everything I needed off the cow, like I said I used a machete.

-same issue, The PU Scope on the other hand works ok but I prefer binos anyway over a PU.  I wonder if this bug has something to do with the zoom on the LRS..

-I know it's a pain but try logging out and back in, sometimes ammo does this, I had this happen with a .45, a CR 75, an SKS, an AKM and an AK101 well before this particular build.

-Same, sometimes I'll be carrying what is in number 2 and want to switch to number 1.  I'll hit 1 and the only thing that happens is I put up number 2 and do not take out number 1.  It's almost like my character "forgot" what I wanted him to do..  Worse is having no item in hand, hitting the number you want ONCE, the character grabs the item and promptly puts it away two or three times before keeping it out and in hand to use.

I've found all of the above, as well as the new bomber jacket and a chainsaw.

I am digging on the Bombers, I have found it in Blue, Black, Brown, Maroon, Grey and Olive.  A great variety of colors, it is now my go to jacket, if it isn't raining.  Black ones seem to be pretty rare, I have found only one of those so far but many of the others.

Harmonica.

I had a strange thing happen the other day, I am driving a truck, stop, get out, check a shed for a fuel can and the server resets.  I go back in thinking damn, bet there won't be a truck at that spawn point.  Wrong!  I look up, I am not at the shed, I am actually standing back where I found the truck and low and behold, there's the truck, right in front of me again.  It was a DayZ miracle!! 

But why would you want a persistent V3S at this point anyway?  Where would you put it that someone wouldn't, eventually, find it?  Besides, even if you drove it way out into the Forbidden Zone (aka Great Nothing in the north) to hide it you'd need to have plenty of fuel to get back.

Edited by Barnabus

It seems to be a bug.

I have it too.

It is stuck to that character and wont go away until you die and restart.

Not a bug, operating exactly as it is designed.

Solution: Stop eating humans. (Well, in the future - for now that character is screwed)

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure the hatchet and hunting knife aren't spawning, maybe the devs forgot to add in spawn points as they kind of did with the ak74 mags in 0.51. I don't think the supressors spawn apart from in Christmas trees either