SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

There are no pants. You have the three pieces you know from 0.51 and in addition to that, you have the new full ghillie, which is one piece on it's own. It can only be combined with the "old" headpiece.

( and could you please remove the pics from the quote? )  thanks :)

okay i have hood, gunwrap and top now... how do i build the full ghillie?

okay stupid me....

so it's 10 burlap stripes and 4 nettings?

Edited by drunkenteddybear

From some "testing" I found out that when character slides a meter or two, you can loot them, but if character slides over (about) 7 meters, you cannot. Also random crashes only happened to me on Persistance off servers. After the character had slid, it was just polygons, really really low texture and going back to where I killed him, I still could not loot him.

Desync is still an issue (even on servers where I get 10 - 30 ping), like it always will be, because of the engine...

I thought desync was server related, nothing to do with the engine necessarily?

okay i have hood, gunwrap and top now... how do i build the full ghillie?

okay stupid me....

so it's 10 burlap stripes and 4 nettings?

Yes mate that's it exactly!

done.

too bad that you can't spraypaint it?! :/

Yeah I had that problem too. I painted my hood then went to paint the suit and couldn't so I was mismatched! :( Edited by Rossco

Character sliding should definetly be taken form the game or it should be fixed. It is just ridiculous.

So I hear footsteps behind me, turn around, and see a guy running at me with an axe. At first I try to run away, but he hits me with his axe, thanks to lag/desync, so I turn around and shoot him, he goes unconscious and his character slides away like if he was using a speed hack, 40 seconds later he is back there and trying to kill me, so once again I shoot him and he falls, and slides away...

anyone found a chainsaw yet?

Yes, I have in a single story house and a shed. I tried to use it on a tree but all it would let me do was inspect it. I have found the pink teddy bear more useful but we need Marvins pink pig from RED.

Is it just me, or is it not possible to make splints anymore? My character finishes the crafting animation and nothing happens.

I had an issue with it but finally got one made, then I had an issue using it, but that finally worked out too.

Played a couple of hours after the servers finally came online, both private and public. Perhaps I've had a lucky streak but no problems with lost session/disconnect/kick at all. Most things felt quite fluid, don't know if its just my mind, they case of fresh server start or something but things in general felt a bit more fluid then .50/.51.

PU and LRS worked as binoculars, however something seemd wrong with panning the LRS up and down, no problems sideways, perhaps someone else could test that out as well. 

Inventory switching does feel more fluid, still have the drink all waterbottle hang up.

Had the same problem with the long range scope in hands, even tried aiming it down before I look, but it snaps to the level position.

Is it just me, or is it not possible to make splints anymore? My character finishes the crafting animation and nothing happens.

I guess i had the same issue. I couldnt skin the boar in the same way.

I also noticed i dont get a chance to pour water from/to canteen/waterbottle anymore and when i broke my legs and tried using f11 to suicide, my character got kind of stuck for a while and refused to do anything but to *click* (he didnt have a weapon to execute himself in his hand at the time).

Saw teddy bears on xmas tree in elektro... how sweet :D Awesome idea...  took the pinky one with and added a can opener to it, just to give it to a fresh spawn i met soon after :D

Edited by halp

So heli crashes are in fact visible on persistent servers correct? Don't wanna look for em if they don't exist..lol like I have somewhere else to be in this game hah

Got in many hours today in both private and public servers. Overall, pretty good in terms of performance. Still had some issues with BattlEye kicking me for ping whenever it was barely over 100, but that seemed to be a short spat of time that eventually subsided.

I didn't try it out myself, but other people I played with today mentioned having difficulty creating and using splints as well for those of you who were discussing it.

• Like 1

Yes, I have in a single story house and a shed. I tried to use it on a tree but all it would let me do was inspect it. I have found the pink teddy bear more useful but we need Marvins pink pig from RED.

Did you fuel it up?

I haven't had a problem making splints, I had to make 7 yesterday (zombies broke my bloody arm 5 times and my friend broke his leg and I gave him a backup)

Client crashes in a vehicle - Log in - Fresh spawn. CHEERS GUYS! 3rd time in two days i've been whiped.

Got in many hours today in both private and public servers. Overall, pretty good in terms of performance. Still had some issues with BattlEye kicking me for ping whenever it was barely over 100, but that seemed to be a short spat of time that eventually subsided.

I didn't try it out myself, but other people I played with today mentioned having difficulty creating and using splints as well for those of you who were discussing it.

Yeah a ridiculous journey yesterday, spawned in under a bridge but had no loot unfirtunately, looked to my right and there was a V3s truck! pretty happy with that, so i drove to the NWAF, found a pink dress in Vybor and an ak74 in the barracks, while I was in the prison some stole my truck so i chased them down the Airfield with my baseball bat and dress, looked ridiculous! Searched the other prison on the south edge, legs broke for some reason, and then I had to crawl over to the firestation, took like 40 mins! once there i made a fire and shot myself in the head

Pretty 

• Like 1

I have no problem making splints either, however i dont get the "search for splints" option when approaching bushes or grounds that used to have them.I could still search for rocks.

was that removed on purpose?

edit... i get like 5 fps when entering elektro. i had way over 30 before this update.

Mind sharing what's causing al lthese problems? :/ my game runs like shit ever since the update, constant stutter and low fps :/

Theres also a new graphical glitch added with the rain glitch. now it doesnt need to rain because the sun lightening does the same...

this should really stay on experimental for a while longer. I got so many issues with the game in the last update its not fun at all...

Edited by halp

Dont play much anymore when they release a patch i have ago i have a huge drop in fps in this build.

Are fires working? I'm still cold after sitting by them.

Yes, they work. They are "turned down" a little now though, so they won't heat you quite as quickly. It was done in response to people complaining that they got hot really fast after sitting next to the fire for all of a minute. Personally I feel they should have turned down the intensity less and just made its effective radius smaller so that you could sit near it without getting hotter and hotter.

Where is the best place to find burlap sacks? They seem pretty rare, rarer that netting actually. Found 7 netting under 2 boats next to each other between Kamarovo and Balota.

IkllFc4.png

Also the bomber jacket looks pretty awsome

l97LXaQ.png

Rolled a truck into a creek bed. Truck with me in it sunk below the map and I was forever stuck. Logged out, waited a few minutes, logged back and was informed it couldn't load my character so I reset. 

Just a warning to any who drive off road. Steer clear of creeks and don't roll the trucks over :P 

Where is the best place to find burlap sacks? They seem pretty rare, rarer that netting actually. Found 7 netting under 2 boats next to each other between Kamarovo and Balota.

sacks are kinda common if you know where to look for them.

i grinded a LOT in berezino.

just check every shed and garage behind houses.

also here in the room with the shelves: land_housev_1t.jpg

Does anyone have info on helicrashes? Do the spawn? Are they visible? 

I spent the last 4 hours using the entire running-cycle of a server to look for some crashsites...and zip. Nothing at all. I've used a V3S and have pretty much checked all the usual crash spawns.

Are they invisible? Do they not spawn all the time? I've found a single (loot free) MI-8 crash on another server that I searched up and down on. Not a single NATO crash.