SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Wow cheers for that. I cant find any info on this though, how many pieces to build the new full ghillie?

10 burlap strips and 4 netting afaik.

• Like 1

You have to find the spot where you got killed, usually your rifle or axe stays there and so does the rest of the inventory. It can be tricky sometimes but runnig around with your inventory up helps.

But dont you require to find a certain spot to loot a body? So using inventory while running doesnt really help, or did they change that?

EDIT: On another note, I have been getting a lot of crashes on this build. At .51 my game only crashed when I left the server.

Edited by Dafix

Wish I could join in on the fun..No not me instead I get Battleye kicks for a high ping of 180? Or the one that really got me upset was the kick when my ping was at 80... Really? I usually play just fine when my ping is like that... And before Anyone posts some list on ways to improve my bandwidth please don't bother wasting your time... It won't get read and I will prolly make fun of you..lol  

This update coming from experimental to stable something somewhere has really really messed up badly... Not sure where or how but I can't stay on a server more than about 3 minutes before I get the boot.,.,. And while my internet connection is far from fast it has been more than enough to play with little to no interruption at all...Am I the only one experiencing this? I can't be can I? I have read other posts about people being kicked for supposed high ping....

Count me in.

I get the "Session Lost" kick after a couple of minutes. Even on my fav' servers, irritating but nothing I can do about it.

Red

SFRGaming, on 20 Dec 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:SFRGaming, on 20 Dec 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:

Where are you guys finding all this netting?

You can strip the stockings of the whorish looking zombies.

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 3

Where are you guys finding all this netting?

Boats! All the boats along the coast. :)

I didn't get my char back. My character which was alive since 27th of October has been wiped yesterday. I gotta miss my Pristine Smersh vest, PM73-RAK and lots of other rare stuff I have spent time on finding.

Well, time to move on and play first person, my character there is still there!

Edited by Yazar8

I didn't get my char back. My character which was alive since 27th of October has been wiped yesterday. I gotta miss my Pristine Smersh vest, PM73-RAK and lots of other rare stuff I have spent time on finding.

Well, time to move on and play first person, my character there is still there!

First person is way better anyway :D

• Like 1

Hey guys, is anyone else having trouble with interacting with doors in 0.52? The symbol to open/close them doesn't appear for me on any door. The weird thing is, that it worked perfectly on expermiental 2 days ago. (Already reported on feedback tracker). 

Turns out I'm a bandit now...  <_<

Played for hours gearing up, full ghillie suit and hood, Mosin with LRS then got to Devil Castle and finally bumped into my first person. Instead of saying hello, I just panicked and shot at him. Obviously I missed and he got me. Game over. That was pretty stupid. Don't even know why I done it.

That's a lesson learned.  :(

• Like 1

Being a bandit is not as easy as it seems;)

Haha exactly mate! I am a born again good guy now.

is it me or do the doors seem to be more fluent?

The word you were looking for is "fluid" ;)

My experience on 0.52 last night in a private shard server was what I would describe as "normal." It was almost entirely done at night and I wasn't really looking for anything new, but it was otherwise unremarkable in a negative sense. Excellent considering that just a few hours beforehand everything was craziness.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or is it not possible to make splints anymore? My character finishes the crafting animation and nothing happens.

BTW, I don't think gunshots have been fixed. I'm still having trouble hearing mosin shots.

Edited by retro19
  • Like 1

Is it just me, or is it not possible to make splints anymore? My character finishes the crafting animation and nothing happens.

BTW, I don't think gunshots have been fixed. I'm still having trouble hearing mosin shots.

Not sure about that.  Maybe that's why I couldn't skin and quarter a player I killed who was blocking the doorway out of a barracks.  Did the animation and ended up having to cancel as it didn't finish.  Also, hide body wasn't an option either.

Played a couple of hours after the servers finally came online, both private and public. Perhaps I've had a lucky streak but no problems with lost session/disconnect/kick at all. Most things felt quite fluid, don't know if its just my mind, they case of fresh server start or something but things in general felt a bit more fluid then .50/.51.

On my brief tour I noticed a few things:
- Airfield hangars spawn ammo, and quite alot of it. 
- The, at least for me, in .50 and .51 rather elusive 7.62x39 ammo for SKS/AKM now seem to be plentiful, and by far most common ammo in military locations. A lootrun spanning Zelenegorsk - central base - NWAF with tents had probably netted me around 30-40 boxes at least if not more had I'd bother picking all of it up/count it properly. Felt like ammo in general have seen a increase and maybe guns decrese, but would need more playtime to get a definitive grip on that.

- PU and LRS worked as binoculars, however something seemd wrong with panning the LRS up and down, no problems sideways, perhaps someone else could test that out as well.  

- Found a NATO silencer under Zelengorsk christmas tree, however no weapon to try it out atm, so can't really comment on the use/if its working properly.

- Do one need to eat/drink even more in .52? Could be my tired mind playing tricks on me but felt a bit like it.

On a fail side of things I was unable to skin a boar in my quest to make a backpack, perhaps it was just a random one time glitch/bug gonna try again next boar I find to try and confirm. 

As for characters, all mine are still as I left them in .51, no problem with any of them (public 1st, public 3pp and 5x private). Though I didn't not attempt to play during the DDOS attack, so I'm guessing everything is fine for anyone who didn't. 

- Petrol cans seem to spawn more frequently as well, now I can't remember where it was I saw one, just that I was pretty sure they didn't spawn in that location in .51. So perhaps easier to get hold of now as well. 

All I managed to scramble in the short little .52 tour, hopefully getting a more proper gamenight tonight, DDOS free  B)

EDIT: Oh, and a thumbs up to devs, Hicks and Horton actually supplying quite frequent updates on whats going with the problems last night, that they were working on the DDOS attack and keeping ppl posted (even though quite alot of ppl seemed to miss it over here... :P). 

Edited by Bonesnap_SE

Guys, Is the ping limit a global thing now? every server i go, they kick me for latency being high and i don't have a server lower than 150 :(

there was a DDOS attack going on yesterday.

I randomly wiped at least 5 time last week on the .51 so i dont matter wiping joining today but i hope those random wiping will be past on the .52.

there is going to be a scheduled swipe within the next 3-6 weeks. They want everyone to 'start fresh' for 2015 which isn't really a bad thing.

No your great. Thank you and the teams hard work and dedication to bring us this new build before Christmas and also not leaving us in the dark about the development process. Unlike a lot of company's that practically leave people in the dark. This shows the true passion and dedication you guys have for the builds to finish;Which will bring  the game to come to life as a magnificent masterpiece. Looking forward to the project coming to light. Thanks for taking input from everyone.

I know your the guy to  talk to about marketing.Why don't you guys have 4-packs of the game on Steam for a slightly discounted rate; Rather then buying them separate for more money. Because no one wants to play Day Z SA alone and/or will give more communities/clans to take place or be created in day z SA. Would help drive the market up more on sales.

Great... great quote SmashT.

Having good fun so far. I've got more seeds than I can count, so I'll try my hand at setting up a big southern roadside farm, plant everything and hope it grows. Then bambis passing by can have some veggies while they look for other food.

• Like 6

I'm having amazing fun so far, although the bugs from last patch are still present somewhat. I've started a camp with my squad and a farm next to it :D

BTW netting is COMPLETELY broken, the most broken thing this patch. I searched one boat and found a stack of 2. Excited I searched the next few and found 8 netting. Searching 11 boats in total I found 32 netting on one server! Now my entire squad of 4 have ghillie gun wraps, hoods, bushrags and tops: it was harder to find the burlap sacks.

Feeding the bambis with a nice big garden. That's a noble idea and leaves you less exposed than handing them the food. The new pumpkins are huge! I made myself sick twice already by mistake trying to a whole one.

• Like 2

I'm having amazing fun so far, although the bugs from last patch are still present somewhat. I've started a camp with my squad and a farm next to it :D

BTW netting is COMPLETELY broken, the most broken thing this patch. I searched one boat and found a stack of 2. Excited I searched the next few and found 8 netting. Searching 11 boats in total I found 32 netting on one server! Now my entire squad of 4 have ghillie gun wraps, hoods, bushrags and tops: it was harder to find the burlap sacks.

Yeah netting is crazy right now I was finding netting at every boat and by the time i was done searching i had enough netting to fill up my entire dry bag backpack  :o

From some "testing" I found out that when character slides a meter or two, you can loot them, but if character slides over (about) 7 meters, you cannot. Also random crashes only happened to me on Persistance off servers. After the character had slid, it was just polygons, really really low texture and going back to where I killed him, I still could not loot him.

Desync is still an issue (even on servers where I get 10 - 30 ping), like it always will be, because of the engine...