therandomredstone

Taping Together Mags?

So I have two ak101 30 round magazines, and I have duct tape! I was wondering if I could somehow tape the two magazines together to have sort of a 'duel mag'? I've seen YouTube videos where people have two M4 magazines coupled like that, I was wondering about mine.

• Like 1

You can't craft them for the M4 either. They should be removed IMO.

• Like 1

You can't craft them for the M4 either. They should be removed IMO.

Nah they shouldn't be removed, they just need to be fixed. Right now coupled M4 Magazines act like a single 60rnd magazine, but in reality coupling them acts like a quick reload. Instead of dragging the magazine all the way to your vest and dragging the other one to your gun, you just simply switch the two couples magazine which saves alot of time during gunfights. They should just fix it and make you able to tape similar 30 round mags/ 40 round mags together so you can speed reload during gunfights.

here is a picture of an AK74 with coupled magazines

coupled_mags.jpg

Edited by Sgt Joe1
  • Like 1

Yes the 60 round M4 mag is like the most unlogical thing I have ever seen. The magazine won't feed the weapon after you fire off 30 bullets. Because the other mag is not even attached to the weapon at the first place!

Edited by Yazar8

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just love that picture. Notice how the young fellow on the right has found himself a nice flowery cushion to sit on, that's some good thinking.

And what is up with those helmets? They are enormous! What are they hiding up there?

• Like 1

Sorry for the off-topic, but I just love that picture. Notice how the young fellow on the right has found himself a nice flowery cushion to sit on, that's some good thinking.

Reminds me of the service time. Every youngster will do anything to get themselves a comfortable place to sit and wait :)

And I really like this to come. So if you've taped mags you can press R to reload the other side. When you need a new mag you need to open up the inventory and hope that you've the mag in your pockets and not in the bottom of the backpack.

• Like 2

Yes the 60 round M4 mag is like the most unlogical thing I have ever seen. The magazine won't feed the weapon after you fire off 30 bullets. Because the other mag is not even attached to the weapon at the first place!

The problem is, there's no mechanic for reloading double-mags. The game just sees it as 1 magazine with 60 rounds inside. I hope they add downsides to using larger mags (increased inventory size, feed problems, weight, etc).

Even though it's a very old post , those helmet's are from the era when the soviet's were in chechnia , made from titanium plate's I believe .... almost bought one when they were surplused ....

On 12/19/2014 at 5:28 AM, SFRGaming said:

The problem is, there's no mechanic for reloading double-mags. The game just sees it as 1 magazine with 60 rounds inside. I hope they add downsides to using larger mags (increased inventory size, feed problems, weight, etc).

I agree.