SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

What is this Central Economy system?

They can control now how many of one items spawn and decrease or increase how many spawn in real time ( I think)

Does anyone know if they are going to push this to stable before the Christmas holiday starts or is that for when they get back, would be really cool to get this to stable for Christmas because the gunshot sounds are one of the things keeping me away form this at the moment.

Eugen Harton posted this yesterday evening:

"Small issues in the new economy with old items :) we should be able to fix that in real time. But tommorow is the day. Enjoy your unicorns."

One could argue that this may mean that they are updating experimental today or that they will fix the lootbug today and update experimental tomorrow or something.

Worst first impression of a new patch yet.

I died of starvation after 42 minutes. That would be ok if i didn't find any food, but during these 42 minutes i ate:

2 cans of tactical bacon

1 can of peaches

1 can of spagetti

1 can of sardines

1 orange

1 big green dildo thingy

2 bananas

1 kiwi

4 apples

3 red berries.

Seriously. How the hell can you die from starvation when you eat this much?

And they have not fixed the bug that make the game crash when you hit exit. Three times today i was on a server that restarted. Each time my game crashed when i tried to exit and change server.

(BTW: I know its an alpha. I know its experimental. I am just telling about my experience)

Was playing as a male and wasnt able to wear it :(

That's just upsetting. I want to wear a dress!

• Like 1

After 1 hour of playing in different servers and restarts, I can't seem to find anything. Yesterday I was able to find lots lots of goodies....

If you dont find anything from one town, move on to the next. Go more and more inland. I went through 2 towns before I found anything worth picking up.

mmm is this comfirmed? Would be great but I 've seen Wobo's video and a male player is wearing it. Enough already!

Male players can wear it. Maybe the server was lagging for him or it is dependent on the colour(which I doupt it is).

WFxfEZ2.jpg

S8glZ4i.jpg

• Like 2

- I have lost 10-15 FPS on average.

- I have desync problems

- I have rubberbanding problems.

- I died of hunger even i eat a lot of food.

- I just died of bleeding because i could not interact with my bandages.

- A lot more places with christmas loot.

- Military loot everywhere.

- Picking berries and apples are a joke. You use more energy searching in empty bushes and trees then you gain from actually finding them.

- Eating to much and throwing up seems to empty or stomach but let you keep a lot of the energy.

- Still a bug that crashes your game when you hit exit.

Hopefully a lot of this will be fixed before pushing to stable. For me this experimental is close to unplayable, and i do not recommend trying to play it in current build. 

Oh my, very excited to give this a go...

I think the only thing bothering me with this update is all the server crashes lol they don't stay on past an hour it seems.

Ok, I think the ENERGY one needs has seriously gone up, maybe it did in stable, too, but there is just soooo much to eat there that I might not have realised it. Either way, I once calculated that an apple gives energy for more than 4min of running, I doubt that is the case now.

Concerning FOOD, I always look into dayzdb for info about it, according to that a tomato has: Energy 18 kcal, Water 105 ml, Volume 111 ml. Sooo if you eat a tomato, and the figures in my head are right, a tomato gives you energy for running a little over a minute (15kcal/min) and takes almost 2 min to digest (1ml/sec), but I really don't have these figures confirmed. I think they were like that many months ago and memory may also play a trick on me. Would be interesting if someone can confirm that or update the correct figures. Point is, I think you will starve with planting tomatoes (or green bell peppers), because you cannot digest them fast enough. I found no info on pumpkins, tried planting them, but they did not grow... .

SOUNDS have changed some, I think. First I heard no glitch sounds, but that may be because the server was not really full. Gun shots were heard by my buddy / me after the first shot, the first shot was not heard. Also the shot after reloading was not heard. We did not have a lot of ammo to test and I only realized the reloading thing after we quit, so maybe someone can confirm any observations. I saw a streamer last night who said that all shots were heard by him, not for us.

LOOT gennerally is still messed up, we were serioulsy starving without picking apples in the Novaya Petrovka. Server change and we found enough food. Also after a server restart on UK 0-18 the exact same loot was were I picked it up before ... confirmed with 2 vests, and a blaze, and no, I did not pick them up directly before the restart. All three items were at the exact same location, the blaze definitely sticking through the wall the exact same way. Food that we found also was there again at the exact same positions I THINK. Something seems really off there.

Have a nice xmas, guys!

EDIT: We pitched 2 tents, one vanished without a server restart, if memory serves right.

Edited by bautschi

- Picking berries and apples are a joke. You use more energy searching in empty bushes and trees then you gain from actually finding them.

- Eating to much and throwing up seems to empty or stomach but let you keep a lot of the energy.

Nr1: I did not really try berries, apples did work for us, no problem there.

Nr2: Has been an exploit forever, I think. You get your penalty for throwing up (I think 1000 water and some energy), but you free up way more space in the stomach for new food than you loose energy. At some point they will have to calculate a kcal/mil in stomach-mix and you need to loose that additionally to the penaltiy that is now in place...well that is my thought on it anyways.

Oh my, very excited to give this a go...

Welcome back, buddy! :)

LOOT gennerally is still messed up, we were serioulsy starving without picking apples in the Novaya Petrovka. Server change and we found enough food. Also after a server restart on UK 0-18 the exact same loot was were I picked it up before ... confirmed with 2 vests, and a blaze, and no, I did not pick them up directly before the restart. All three items were at the exact same location, the blaze definitely sticking through the wall the exact same way. Food that we found also was there again at the exact same positions I THINK. Something seems really off there.

Loot is almost always going to be an issue in Experimental unfortunately. It's just the way it is. Too few servers for too many people means that no matter what, there's never enough loot to go around. It's a challenge unique to Experimental that has persisted across every version for months. Those of us who play Experimental all the time have grown used to it, I guess.

I got a chance to play yesterday, and suffice to say, I had an amazing time.

Starting on the coast was difficult. I struggled to find food or water, and my gear was fairly poor. The zombies were present in unusually high numbers wherever I went, and the constant combat had taken it's toll on me. By the time I reached Staroye, I was starving. With what little loot I had, I stumbled upon a shed. In my desperation, I ate a rotten kiwi to prevent death. As soon as I reached Guglovo, I found a stockpile of canned foods and started stuffing my face. However, I had become sick and my screen was extremely greyscale.

An hour later, I was just getting over my sickness when I stumbled upon a V3S in Stary. Sadly, the server restarted once I reached Kabanino.

This is a stellar update, props to the devs.

• Like 1

Loot is almost always going to be an issue in Experimental unfortunately. It's just the way it is. Too few servers for too many people means that no matter what, there's never enough loot to go around. It's a challenge unique to Experimental that has persisted across every version for months. Those of us who play Experimental all the time have grown used to it, I guess.

Yeah, true, but that thing with the blaze and vests really threw me off, there is something really wrong there. Never seen that before, even on experimental. Like I picked it up but when the server restarted, that info was not applied or the loot distribution from a much earlier state was taken, long before the server went down...

Edited by bautschi

*snip*

Hmmm. What do you think will change? Something to do with loot?

Welcome back, buddy! :)

This problem could be avoided by simply adding more spawning locations. Across the map there is enough loot for everyone, but when there is only a handful spawn locations there will always be a struggle to get going because everyone is looting the same buildings.

Why isn't there a spawn location in every village? Perhaps not on stable, but experimental should definitely have a lot more spawn locations. The main purpose is to test new items, functions, locations and general testing, but when everyone struggle to past the first hour then the whole point of testing starts to fade away. Instead of testing you are spending you time on searching for apples..

The main purpose is to test new items, functions, locations and general testing, but when everyone struggle to past the first hour then the whole point of testing starts to fade away. Instead of testing you are spending you time on searching for apples..

It's been stated a few times that the primary purpose of Experimental is to test server-related things. I do sympathize with your struggle though, I don't like it either.

• Like 1

...but when everyone struggle to past the first hour then the whole point of testing starts to fade away. Instead of testing you are spending you time on searching for apples..

The dev's are testing on Exp, not the players. We are only guinea pigs. :)

@Tatanko I think so, at least the problem with old items spawning is the only thing confirmed for today

But I think they want to change the loot distribution too, Hicks said loot will spawn correctly in stable, and the target for the stable release is tomorrow, so I think they try to iterate as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

@Tatanko I think so, at least the problem with old items spawning is the only thing confirmed for today

Any idea what "old" items they were referring to?

Yeah, true, but that thing with the blaze and vests really threw me off, there is something really wrong there. Never seen that before, even on experimental. Like I picked it up but when the server restarted, that info was not applied or the loot distribution from a much earlier state was taken, long before the server went down...

This happened in Stable when they first introduced respawning and persistence. I looted Olsha completely, and piled up all the loot I'd found in one single house. I went back on the same server the following day (presumably after a restart or two), and all the exact same loot was back where it was before I'd started collecting it all together the previous day.

I mean the exact same loot: same item, colour and condition, in every spawn location.

• Like 1