SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

huqmtsX.jpg

Nice!! I haven't been able to find a map of the north to see what cities are new and don't wanna waste my time running all over.  :P

BTW how did you "craft" a map? Has this always been a feature?

Nice!! I haven't been able to find a map of the north to see what cities are new and don't wanna waste my time running all over.  :P

BTW how did you "craft" a map? Has this always been a feature?

You don't have to craft it.  There are random pieces of it lying around.  Each piece shows a portion of the map, if you find all portions, you have a full map.  And yes, it has been in the game for months.

Ok, so the loot are presents during the holydays, I get that...But when it gets back to normal I think there should be a really small chance for things like Acog sights, military backpacks, M4 and AK mags and ammo and such to spawn in cities (please note...LOW chance) considering that the military should've been in towns to try control the outbreak

You don't have to craft it.  There are random pieces of it lying around.  Each piece shows a portion of the map, if you find all portions, you have a full map.  And yes, it has been in the game for months.

Yeah, I was just referring to the text in the bottom left of that picture I quoted. "You have crafted map"

Edit: Anyone else having issues with fires not warming them up?  Also been experiencing a higher-than-normal amount of items vanishing when I drop them. Usually I can find them nearby but in this case they seem to just go *poof*

Edited by solodude23

Hey guys just had a tent pitched went to loot for no longer than 2mins came back an it was completely gone. I was in the northeast city Bereski when this happened, the tent was in one of the boats, I pitched it next to one of the three houses, looted inside them came back out and it was gone. So I'm guessing tents are still not fixed, obviously  

Hey guys just had a tent pitched went to loot for no longer than 2mins came back an it was completely gone. I was in the northeast city Bereski when this happened, the tent was in one of the boats, I pitched it next to one of the three houses, looted inside them came back out and it was gone. So I'm guessing tents are still not fixed, obviously  

Same thing happened to me; placed a tent and it disappeared along with the items I put in it about 30s later.

Still can't get fires to work either....and I'm so cold.  :(

Pouring water from one container to another seems to be bugged as well.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I'm finding a lot of tents.

I walked my first spawn off a small embankment and died, oops.

I spawned in the NE corner where the boathouse and tiny fishing village are and grabbed a lot stuff from the boats and few houses there.

Following debug border I set myself to the NW and soon I found another small town, also with loot intact.

Besides seeing some out of place loot it is interesting to see a different loot table in action.

Definitely seeing less canned food/drink as someone else pointed out, which is nice.

The hunger is real!

Edited by BioHaze

I'm getting a lot of CTD... no similarities between each instance, i.e. random amount of time, random action/non-action at crash.

I'm finding nothing. Only rotten food. I have a sickle to fend off zeds, and that's it.

I'm finding nothing. Only rotten food. I have a sickle to fend off zeds, and that's it.

You had to be there to hop on the instant the servers went live.  Anyone who didn't is shit out of luck,

I have found my new home!

2014-12-17_00006.jpg

Successful first harvest!

2014-12-17_00008.jpg

Unlike my last tent which disappeared in 30s, this one has survived a few restarts.

2014-12-17_00007.jpg

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 8

Really? I see a Carbine rifle + ammo, a Crowbar and a Splitting Axe.

There's a pickaxe, a farming hoe, a shotgun and lots of other goodies worth your while to kill zombies in my opinion. Temporary I guess, but still does the job! B)

You're right guys, I missed those things :p

I have found my new home!

Where was that at? I've been to a couple of the new villages so far, but not all of them, and I didn't explore each in great detail.

So this was fun:

5wYQm5m.gif

• Like 3

So this was fun:

There are different suicide animations for Pistols, rifles and bladed melee weapons depending on what you hold in your hands while pressing F11. All three look awesome.

EDIT: 5 V3S now per server, but spread across 71 spawnpoints.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 3

Where was that at? I've been to a couple of the new villages so far, but not all of them, and I didn't explore each in great detail.

Right here, or below at the crosshair.

2014-12-17_00009.jpg

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

I don't know what the hell is going on, but this is the ONLY loot I've found in 3 or 4 hours

NvE1NEe.jpg

I've been on empty and full servers, middle of the day or at the restart and nothing. Not even in the christmas trees. This is really boring. Can't even get a decent spawn to explore north :(

Well i was first thrown into some shady luck with the .52 EXP Curse everyone is raving about.... To my surprise i was saved by a house full of goodies , but first chernarus tested me and made me eat a bunch of rotten fruit making me sick like a dawg which darkened my vision within only 30 minutes (while also being energized and hydrated)... After lightly gearing up i figured i was going to die soon anyways due to my black and white vision so i decided to run til i dropped... I ended up running to another shack of godly goodies,and got a High Cap vest, Gun and plenty of other goods inlcuding a tent. Being all giddy and such i ran as far as i could and ended up unexpectedly back close to the coast, at Blunt Rocks (hehe) so i decided to get Blunted at the Rocks and pitch tent, here's my photos of my spot and a picture of the goodies obtained in the shack:

zVFsotj.jpg

iunG2PO.jpg

Then, suddenly, a dingy ass smell of diesel befell my nose, and then the noise of a V3S loomed over the rocks... I went to investigate and caught a glimpse of the vehicle that alerted me, before i had to lay down for cover: 

0iE5c66.jpg

After the sighting of the wild V3S driver i ran back to my tent and the server restarted =( I'll report back to tell if it survived restart on us east ... Anyways I found many new items and content , i have to say that it's the best patch by far as it's been overall very smooth and literally no crashes yet except for when i exit . Now i just need to grow my own pumpkins and peppers and find that new town (towns?).

• Like 1

That MP5 rail looks a bit large for the MP5K (plus seems pointless for anything but the flashlight considering the MP5K has a built-in foregrip.)

Full-length MP5 confirmed??? :)

Also, here's to hoping they keep the heart animation ingame and just make the various anims selectively bind-able rather than only having (up to) 12.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2

Found an M4 in a shed by a castle. 

It was Worn

PHXOJUD.jpg

• Like 5

You had to be there to hop on the instant the servers went live.  Anyone who didn't is shit out of luck,

Untrue, but it certainly is feast or famine, if you are out side a loot bubble nothing is spawning except berets (the most useless item of equipment EVER) and books.  I got lucky and found one that had an MP5 for my 30 round mag I found right off the bat, that was about an hour before I posted this.    If there is nothing around keep moving, you'll find a bubble and there'll be more than you can carry.

Pretty much this^. You gotta run quite far inland in order to get anything good.

I couldn't even find a single book at Cherno, everything was cleared out, same with the little area just north of cherno. Got couple of items from Nadezhino but most of the goodies were from Pulkovo, even saw another dude there.

Playing as Conan the Barbarian and screaming "Crom!!" as you kill zombies confirmed.

Translation: The sword seems as effective as an axe or sledge in dispatching zombies.

gAF5UML.jpg

• Like 4