bfisher

Nothing reduces PvP KoS like...I don't know...EATING PEOPLE!?!

Did I read that correctly in the release notes?  Skinning characters and getting sick from human steaks is now on the menu?!!

I'm horrified!

And yet strangely curious.

It pretty much is the same as hunting animals in game, you walk up to the body, do the skining and stakes appear. I does not show the process of skining don't worry.

Me I think its kind over the top eating people in game. I think it maybe time to give this game a mature rating, before some dumb ass kid ends up on the news and they blame dayz.

You only get sick if you don't cook it first.  The sickness seems to be mostly psychological and not physically harmful.

However I have a suspicion that you can get sick from being hit by zombies as well. At least two of my exp characters seemed to suffer from the disease, yet I have not had them eat any human flesh at all.

Yeah, one of my clanmates has serious plans to nom nom nom on people who try to kos. Not sure if I'm more curious or disgusted by the whole idea. Don't get me wrong, its good that the cannibal finally have something to role play, I just think its kinda over the top

Ok so apparently killing and skinning an other mans body to eat his flesh is ok... but when I brought up a topic about adding voluntarily sex and rape option on handcuffed prisoners it should be locked after few minutes because it was not ethical to discuss such a suggestion... ok... I suppose we live in an age were putting your genitals inside an others person genitals is far more violent and gross than killing him and eats his dead meat....

Cannibalism can be used as a method of subsistence. Rape cannot.

I suppose we live in an age were putting your genitals inside an others person genitals is far more violent and gross than killing him and eats his dead meat....

I suppose there is no other way of making you understand this, so I will just send you on a break.

I don't even understand what kind of world your mind is floating in that you think rape is acceptable in any kind of way. That's just plain disgusting.

• Like 2

Explain to me how cannibalism would reduce KoS. The title of this thread doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

I will not be eating anyone unless they bring Kate Uptons character into this game B) even then I will only eat certain very tender parts of her

the-best-kate-upton-videos.jpg

Explain to me how cannibalism would reduce KoS. The title of this thread doesn't make any sense.

I think it's sarcasm..........  <_<

• Like 4

Who said they aimed to decrease KOS PVP? This is DayZ, if you want to punish certain play styles of survival then kindly fuck off to another game.

Do the man-steaks say where they came from, I hope they dont as I want to open a roadside grill, feed survivors and scream out TAINTED MEAT! over comms.

You only get sick if you don't cook it first.

No - you will only reduce the chance. You will reduce the chance further by burning the meat but you won't get it to zero.

Also the chances seem to be significantly higher than they were in experimental.

No - you will only reduce the chance. You will reduce the chance further by burning the meat but you won't get it to zero.

Also the chances seem to be significantly higher than they were in experimental.

Source?  I've searched but still can't find anything but uncooked meat causing the disease.  This is something I'd really like to know for sure.

Source?  I've searched but still can't find anything but uncooked meat causing the disease.  This is something I'd really like to know for sure.

Try it and find out.  That's the best solution.

• Like 1

Do the man-steaks say where they came from, I hope they dont as I want to open a roadside grill, feed survivors and scream out TAINTED MEAT! over comms.

Even better. Hit someone on the head, get them unconcious, cut steak out of them.

As they wake up, hand them the cooked steak and after the first bite ask "How do you like yourself?"

This cannibalism thing creeps me out more than anything

Even better. Hit someone on the head, get them unconcious, cut steak out of them.

As they wake up, hand them the cooked steak and after the first bite ask "How do you like yourself?"

This cannibalism thing creeps me out more than anything

Sadly they have to be dead in order to cut them up.....  :(

Do you know what reduces PvP KoS? Removing guns and making us kill zombies with power of love.

I think this update is awesome.

What...like that film Warm Bodies?

I was planning on starting a topic for a discussion about whether cannibalism was too much annd if it needed to be in the game. While cannibalism is heard of in few survival situations, the situations in DayZ are the magnitude of a stubbed toe in comparison. Some say its a needed thing for some role players, but when you run into ten people playing insanity coming at you woth a knife to harvest your flesh, it can seem a bit much. Does it need a place in a simple survival game dayz? In my opinion, its alright but it needs more consequences. More sickness.

Edited by WilliamTheConqueror
  • Like 2

Im still confused as to why introduce cannibalism? Unless future updates will make the cans of food really scarce.

Then again dayz is apparently set in early days of outbreak which explains lack of post apocalypse feel, so cannibalism doesnt really make sense.

Games like The long dark or even The forest, i could understand the need for cannibalism but not dayz. Could dayz developers be trying to cash in on the terminus situation in TWD?

Edited by ld-airgrafix
  • Like 1

I've found knives to be exceedingly rare. It probably won't cause much of a problem if people lack the tools to fillet a player.

You can eat people in Rust and they seem to be getting KoS under control in Experimental. The same with Breaking Point. Because of their class systems and grouping systems KoS seems to be way lower than in DayZ. Because of my experiences in other sandbox games I believe cannibalism has no effect on KoS.

I've found knives to be exceedingly rare. It probably won't cause much of a problem if people lack the tools to fillet a player.

Can't you use a machete? Those are pretty common. I accidentally skinned a human the other day. I immediately threw away the meat. Bleh...

• Like 1

Can I just say that the laughing/crying noises cannibals make is really, REALLY fucking creepy?

Heard it for the first time today...

Edited by Whyherro123