boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Cleared out some bickering. Please stay on topic and refrain from insulting one another. 

Thanks

• Like 2

I have a 70MB connection so I don't see lack of bandwidth causing the issue although I don't have a ping in the teens it is generally no more than 40-50.  But we shall see.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the next couple of updates.

Also I broke my leg twice last night on the 3rd floor of a house.  Same house, nothing crazy, just randomly broke it.  And last week it happened on the 2nd floor of the fire station.  So that bug still exists.

I crashed a few times tonight in game now :( Here's what changed on my system:

- I loaded Dayz this evening for the first time since the night before (no system restart or restart of steam)

- upong loading I noticed the resolution was very low and messed up. 

- messed with all the settings attempting to get my resolution back but couldn't get it to display the option for my resolution (1920 x 1080)

- made my DayZ cfg file "non-read only" and change my resolution in there to 1920x1080

- this fixed my issue and started playing but realized some of my settings were too high/low from what I had the night before but decided to leave them  the way they are and just PLAY!

However, the game CTD about 15 - 20 mins in 2X in a row without going through some of my graphic options and restoring them to what I recall I had before I had all the issues with my resolution. I then played after changing again for over an hour and 1/2 and so far so good. I'm gonna play again for another 2 hours or so and i'll see if I don't crash. This might not mean anything and have nothing to do with the crashes but took notice of the fact that I started CTD in game for the first time tonight after messing with my graphic options. 

No , you came here to start shit with people who don't agree with you ... "I came here to post about the ctds and how thy are an issue for the majority of player " LOL are you and your ten people that have had the same problem the majority of one million people ? Get real buddy , and just face the facts that you are impatient, and incredibly ignorant if you think that picking battles with the "kiddie trolls" is going to help you ... Are you trying to be some hero to the many asshole trolls who think this game is shit ? Take a look at your own comments buddy , Tatanko didn't do shit except for defending his view point , the view point shared by the REAL MAJORITY of these forums and that opinion is : the game is fine and you're just here to BITCH ... So please drag up all the "evidence" supporting Tatanko being unproductive , hell do it for me cuz I guarantee you you will find nothing but highly researched or experienced evidence based off a number of things and not just "boo hoo my game crashed and so did my friends , this game is broken " grow up and stop throwing around insults to get your point across "baddest ass" .

I think the problem is that you're just picking and choosing what to read. Tons of people were reporting crashing in the Experimental thread, people who said that haven't been experiencing crashing up until this point. Have you just absolutely not been paying attention? Posting "it's just ur computer because my friend's dayz crashes and his computer sucks". is not helpful, that's trolling, take it elsewhere. People are complaining about crashing, specifically with this patch - and you're trying to trivialize it with your ignorance. If you aren't going to be helpful, then please get out. Every one here complaining in this thread is obviously posting issues that didn't arise until this specific patch.

Nobody is here "just to bitch". Does the game not crash for you? Good for you - nobody cares, this thread is for people experiencing issues with the patch, as unfortunately many posters here aren't sharing your luck. Also, this is a recognized issue and hopefully may be fixed soon, so obviously it's real.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

Guys, if you're crashing, at least have a look at the appcrash in your event viewer to see if it hints you to the cause before you start messing around blindly.

No ctds on my end , none for my friends or my whole squad of ten last night ! No issues with this patch in my opinion , except my friend crashes when he hears a v3s (lawl) so I told him to turn down his audio and it works (his computer just sucks) ! :)

I can't wait to get on and play today with my other group of 3 , we will vigilante the streets for loser bandits , while simultaneously getting eerily stoned in real life ... Can't wait for a new experimental either I'm really looking forward to these next three months and I hope getting persistence working 100% is one of the first things in those three months to work on , it would make the game feel so much different if we don't have to search for proper servers to make camp on !

Kush, then you are the lucky one because everyone I know is crashing and I'm willing to bet the majority of dayz players are crashing thanks to what I've read here and on twitch.

• Like 1

Kush, then you are the lucky one because everyone I know is crashing and I'm willing to bet the majority of dayz players are crashing thanks to what I've read here and on twitch.

Yep I'm just lucky like that , great dayz Karma , I guess all the other people ranging into the tens of thousands playing right now have the same luck ! Damn majority , why do you 50 people have to be so unlucky ! Lol .. Get on and play for those that aren't experencieng ctds , I can't even believe you're not playing just cuz some people have crashed mid game constantly ... Which happens every patch btw !

Edit : going on to play crash free , let's see how lucky I am ! :)

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Haven't had any CTD's either except for the one upon exit which is more helpful than harmful.  :)

Haven't met much of anyone having issues with CTD's either so I certainly wouldn't say a majority of players are experiencing this. That's not to say the crashes don't exist - but it is MUCH better than when vehicles were initially added.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

My game CTD and .exe quits responding when closing the game out,other than that small issue the game runs fine while playing it.The infected seem capable of killing or knocking uncousness with one or two hits now,or so it seems at least.However there not bad all in all,and I see fewer glitches with Infected now,so all in all pretty good actually.

Great patch so far all in all.keep up the good work!

These last two pages on this topic, Rags be like

scyMUbe.gif

• Like 4

I'm not one usually for excitement when you kill somebody, but running people over in the VS3 is exhilarating :D.

A few sad soul's today in Cherno thought they'd be tough and stay in front of the truck while we came passing through at full speed.  All 3 got wrapped up in the back axles making their character look like it was a stretch doll  :D

• Like 1

Still not anyone has elaborated what exactly causes the crash.

There seems to be an issue with the version of MS VC++ Redistributable coming with DayZ. Uninstalling it and replacing it with the 2010 SP1 directly from microsoft version helped a lot of players ( choose 32 / 64 depending on your system )

If the crash is pointing to MSVCR100.dll, you might try this.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 4

There seems to be an issue with the version of MS VC++ Redistributable coming with DayZ. Uninstalling it and replacing it with the 2010 SP1 directly from microsoft version helped a lot of players ( choose 32 / 64 depending on your system )

Thank you for A) recognizing the issue and B ) providing a solution. I couldn't locate any logs at all pertaining to my DayZ crashes (doesn't show up in Event Viewer) so I couldn't provide anything helpful. I'm definitely going to try this and report back. I'm just not sure why this just now would become a problem because I've had DayZ installed with the provide Redistributable for many months and I haven't gotten a single CTD since the last patch on Stable. Hopefully this works. All we need is a good B.E. update and I'll be back at it again :P

Edited by t1337Dude

scyMUbe.gif

Lol best comment this week ... Oh mj you used to be something for everyone ... I can't wait for Monday to see if there's a .52 update :) here's to hoping ...

Ty Chain!  I will give this a go and see if it helps the crashing.

Thank you for A) recognizing the issue and B ) providing a solution. I couldn't locate any logs at all pertaining to my DayZ crashes (doesn't show up in Event Viewer) so I couldn't provide anything helpful. I'm definitely going to try this and report back. I'm just not sure why this just now would become a problem because I've had DayZ installed with the provide Redistributable for many months and I haven't gotten a single CTD since the last patch on Stable. Hopefully this works. All we need is a good B.E. update and I'll be back at it again :P

Do you have any results on your testing yet to see if it helped your crashes?

scyMUbe.gif

yeah, but then he turned zed on the way home....

I'm not one usually for excitement when you kill somebody, but running people over in the VS3 is exhilarating :D.

A few sad soul's today in Cherno thought they'd be tough and stay in front of the truck while we came passing through at full speed.  All 3 got wrapped up in the back axles making their character look like it was a stretch doll  :D

this is gonna redefine Road Kill Stew me thinks.
  • Like 1

This needs further testing, but I belive that if you swing with a melee weapon (tested with the splinting axe) and make a rapid moviment with the mouse to the left or right the tracers break and don't show up, thus registering no hit.

Imo would be good if the melee animations had a bigger release time (time where the damage tracers are drawn), so the tracers have more time to show up, giving you more control over your swings during the damage dealing moment of the animation. Now they are way too fast imo.

But I guess this is all polishing and if done, it will be in beta..

This needs further testing, but I belive that if you swing with a melee weapon (tested with the splinting axe) and make a rapid moviment with the mouse to the left or right the tracers break and don't show up, thus registering no hit.

Imo would be good if the melee animations had a bigger release time (time where the damage tracers are drawn), so the tracers have more time to show up, giving you more control over your swings during the damage dealing moment of the animation. Now they are way too fast imo.

But I guess this is all polishing and if done, it will be in beta..

yeah, in beta, in a year...

There seems to be an issue with the version of MS VC++ Redistributable coming with DayZ. Uninstalling it and replacing it with the 2010 SP1 directly from microsoft version helped a lot of players ( choose 32 / 64 depending on your system )

Thanks just Uninstall x86 version and reinstalled x64 to see if it helps. Will report back!

Edited by witalit

Crashing so much its become unplayable.

What are your launchparameters?

What are your launchparameters?

They were 

-nosplash -noPause

I have removed them and updated my post above.. will report back thanks. What should normal launch para's be?

Thanks

Some of the crashes I have are pointing to that DLL.

Well I already had this version of Visual C++ installed, it did a repair because it was already installed, didn't change the crashes, still getting random crashes.  Most of the time it is 3-4 people crashing at the exact same time while we are on the same server.  Which again, leads me to believe it is something server side taking a shit and crashing clients.

Some of the crashes I have are pointing to that DLL.

Well I already had this version of Visual C++ installed, it did a repair because it was already installed, didn't change the crashes, still getting random crashes.  Most of the time it is 3-4 people crashing at the exact same time while we are on the same server.  Which again, leads me to believe it is something server side taking a shit and crashing clients.

Ditto everytime me and a friend was playing yesterday we both crashed at the same time mostly.. Seems after I did the reinstall I haven't had a crash but didn't play for too long. Will report back soon as I have tested for more hours.