danz

Cannot find AK gear

Having trouble finding AK accessories ( PSO-1 scope,  AK hand guard rail, bipod ) on 0.50. I've looked in all right places both military/civilian/russian helicopter, from one end of the map to the other. Across multiple persistence off servers, for the longest time. The only scopes I'm finding are PU/LRS scopes.

It says that the PSO-1 scopes can be found in civilian areas on the Dayz wiki, so I checked (house with pinkish roof, sheds, police stations, pubs, tech building with the little room at the top), but I have never seen a PSO-1 spawn in any of these locations.

I should of found everything I need by now, are they around? Or are they so incredibly rare that's it's just a waste of time looking for them? Because it sure feels that way to me.

Yea, I haven't had an AK with a magazine and ammo in quite some time. Of course, I normally avoid military bases for the most part. Of course, that means I see less people with AKs, too. So that's a plus. 

I don't mind them being so rare, but them seem excessively rare nowadays. All that really does, it seems, is encourage people to server hop to get them.

It isn't fun either, I get so bored looking for them that I just log off.

• Like 1

It isn't fun either, I get so bored looking for them that I just log off.

Elaborate. Is all you do look for AK parts? There's a whole lot of game in between the military bases. You know, walking, meeting people, surviving, looting...I don't know how you would get bored looking for AK parts. Is the hope of finding a Kalashnikov the only thing that keeps you invested in the game?

I haven't had one in AGES and I have a gay ol' time with DayZ. 

No I do all those things to mate, I just meant it's boring looking for stuff that isn't spawning. 

• Like 3

No I do all those things to mate, I just meant it's boring looking for stuff that isn't spawning. 

Then...maybe don't look for it?

• Like 2

About 200 hours into the game so far, I've had probably 50 or so AKs, mostly AKMs, Let me list the rarest things for you from this mostly new players perspective:

Bipod - I have never even seen this item

AK scope - I have never even seen this item

The SMG that isn't the MP5K - I have never even seen this item

The .22lr pistol - I have never even seen this item

The Tent - I have only found one of these, in the woods next to the NWAF (lol thats a super safe place for it right? No one ever goes through those woods, ever.)

The M4 - I have only seen this item in the hands of heli crash hoppers and that is a sad statement

M4 Accessories - I found a buttstock once

FNX 45 - I have found probably 10 mags, only seen the gun once

The AK Scope and Bipod are stupidly rare, in fact, I don't actually think they spawn in the game anymore because none of my friends who have been playing for a year have seen one in the last few months.

I found a PSO scope yesterday, they are still in the game (military barracks). As for bipods, I'm pretty sure they were removed.

I found PSO and rail from barrack, but it was in private shard(0.50), also wouldnt be suprised if those are only ones in whole shard. so rare atm.

I've had a few PS01's, folding buttstocks and clips for AKM and AK101 but never seen a bipod since .49. Really struggling to find the new AK74 clip though. :(

Ninja edit: All found in barracks.

Edited by Tactical Nuke

Found a bugged Pavlovo Military Base. Every attachment other then the PSO-1 spawned... I don't think it is working right now in the loot tables, buddy.

Finally found PSO-1 at the new military base near Kamensk in the barracks, I've had the same character for about a week now, so that's how long it's taken me to find one.

Edited by danz

I have came across with several PSO scopes, drum mags, AK 30rnd mags, lots of AK74s, lots of AKMs, lots of AKS74u's and AK74 mags, lots of folding buttstocks and handguards over the past 2 weeks.

I found them without server hopping but checking a couple of christmas loot servers every 2-3 hours.

The M4 - I have only seen this item in the hands of heli crash hoppers and that is a sad statement

If you mean people who determinedly look for (or used to look for...) crash sites so we can get the gear we like and trade parts...why is that 'sad'?

Bipods haven't spawned since 0.48. Amphibias, M4s. M4 accessories and FNXs are incredibly rare because they spawn at UH60 heli crash sites, which are very rare compared to 0.48, or even 0.49.

Agree that AK parts and PSOs also seem much more rare to me. I think much of anyone's luck with this is down to whether they find a Christmas server.

• Like 1

Yea, I haven't had an AK with a magazine and ammo in quite some time. Of course, I normally avoid military bases for the most part. Of course, that means I see less people with AKs, too. So that's a plus. 

I don't mind them being so rare, but them seem excessively rare nowadays. All that really does, it seems, is encourage people to server hop to get them.

People server hop regardless.

Server hopping needs a nerf thats all - if you decide to do it, fine but you should not get a huge advantage as it is now.

Having trouble finding AK accessories ( PSO-1 scope,  AK hand guard rail, bipod ) on 0.50.

Its a feature. Most AKMs should look like this rather than this.

If you mean people who determinedly look for (or used to look for...) crash sites so we can get the gear we like and trade parts...why is that 'sad'?

Bipods haven't spawned since 0.48. Amphibias, M4s. M4 accessories and FNXs are incredibly rare because they spawn at UH60 heli crash sites, which are very rare compared to 0.48, or even 0.49.

Agree that AK parts and PSOs also seem much more rare to me. I think much of anyone's luck with this is down to whether they find a Christmas server.

No I mean people that go to the heli crash sites that are common, like the ones around green mountain, and just server hop until they find one.

What is always nagging me is the feeling, that server hoppers cleaned all military installations before I get there from the coast.

Ofc it might not always be the case, but the feeling man...the feeling is there and nags the hell outta me.

Oh well, since private shards are appearing, time for me to settle down somewhere. Somewhere where hoppers just can't get their filthy pawns in.

OK, where are finding AK accesoaries, including magazines. I play on low-pop private server (because Im coward and my PC sucks) with persistence enabled. So far I found one of each AK-74, AK-101 and AKS-74U. Since PSU-1 scopes are very rare I kept AKS-74U, I found lots of ammo at tents but I cant find any magazines. Im circling trough all baracs but nothing. I want to at least try out new AK.

1. Where can I find mags? 

2. How to triger loot respawnig in baracs and in which ones?

3. Are helicopter crash sites working on persistence servers?

Rule 1 for finding THAT ONE THING:

Clear your mind from WANTING and the goods will be found by you.

• Like 4

People server hop regardless.

I'd say the rate of server hopping has increased since how ridiculously rare the magazines and such are.

What is always nagging me is the feeling, that server hoppers cleaned all military installations before I get there from the coast.

Ofc it might not always be the case, but the feeling man...the feeling is there and nags the hell outta me.

Oh well, since private shards are appearing, time for me to settle down somewhere. Somewhere where hoppers just can't get their filthy pawns in.

I was playing on a private shard and people would still get to the barracks after the restart before me, :(

Edited by Quackdot

Seen one PSO-1 in 200h of playtime. If I ever again find it I would drop any weapon I would have at the moment and search for AK, thats how rare it is.

Yesterday I found the AK-74U and the stock to go with it. Never found a mag for it but I did chamber a round.  Never fired it since I got killed on sight in the NW military camp <_<

I find PSOs like most of my scopes in civilian storage lockers. The barrack beds are also good bets. You've just had bad luck and/or visited already cleared locations. It's a situational scope, when you've been running around it sways way too much and you're better off with iron sights. If you want to snipe, the AKM is a poor choice. Useful in the 200-400 meter ranges when you're posted up that's about it.