SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

i've picked about 20 apples and they won't bring me out of the "i'm starving" zone - don't know whats wrong...

They should sustain you until you reach another location to try looking for actual food. It takes a lot of apples right now.  Heck, it takes a lot of food once you hit the danger zone

• Like 1

right now i'm starving in mogilevka (DE-06 / 1st Person) because there is no food at all. Anyone around there who would share some food? :D

I think i won't make it to vyshnoye or stary...

I am in Komarovo. I could help you.

Has anybody noticed the invisible infected yesterday evening? I lost my gas can because I had to run.

hmm - tried to plant some tomatoes, it says the ground is too dry for them to grow. Is this new? I've never needed any water for Tomatoes to grow (in 0.50)

hmm - tried to plant some tomatoes, it says the ground is too dry for them to grow. Is this new? I've never needed any water for Tomatoes to grow (in 0.50)

Yep thats new. You need to water them now with a water bottle. ( Take into hands, look at the ground, hit scrollwheel. )

I have avoided experimental since I found out vehicles were implemented.

I might switch over tomorrow afternoon hoping things have quieted down....

Thanks for the updates and info people!

I hope people keep in mind that everything we see is a placeholder for a placeholder. :P

I like the VS3. I'm really impressed with it so early on. Some glitches of course, and i got killed by the door, but handling and physics are ok. The vehicles will be very good in final version.

And there is no need to avoid experimental. 1st person servers are usually half full when i play.

• Like 2

Apples and berries are your friend  ;)

Apples are useless.

When you think about the time it take to gather the 20 apples you need to stay alive for an extra 5 minutes, its complete nonsense to stop searching for apples. You are better off taking your chances and run to the next village. There is way to low energy in apples and you use most of it to search for more apples.

Anybody get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video? I hadn't consumed human meat, had healthy status, no fractured limbs, hadn't been sprinting, etc. Any one else experience this &/or no what triggers this?

Yeah I was seeing this too. Perfectly healthy character, no hurt limbs or otherwise.. very strange.

When I play the stable version I can run it on Very High with 60 fps, but when I switch to experimental, it drops to like 10 fps. I've tried putting everything on very low but it doesnt help. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so how do i fix it?

I was wondering the same thing.  It gets SOOOPER choppy around villages/towns and I'll get full-on 2-3 second freezes. I've also had my connection timeout several times (which never happens on Stable unless the server resets) so I think Battleye is still temperamental. 

• Like 1

Anybody get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video? I hadn't consumed human meat, had healthy status, no fractured limbs, hadn't been sprinting, etc. Any one else experience this &/or no what triggers this?

I wonder if you're getting colder? I saw that your clothes were wet.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Yes, after a gun fight in which both my arms & legs were in pain, I believe it to be the result of a state of shock, unfortunately I never lived to tell the tale  or see if the effects disappeared !

This is what I though it was too -- state of shock. I've only gotten that effect after a gun fight, regardless of being hit or not. I'll likely test this next chance I get.

pick up dem walkie talkies!

I roam the countries in EXP calling out on the base signal, and have yet to hear a response. :(

Are they working as of .51? I remember they became bugged a couples of patches ago, & I've yet to see an official statement of them being fixed. So I've been paying them no mind.  :(

I wonder if you're getting colder? I saw that your clothes were wet.

Yes you can see at the very end that my pants are wet, but I've experienced this multiple times with multiple characters. Wet or not.

Just wanted to get a community response in this.

I find that people, even well geared people on exp kos exponentially less, is it just me? Or do you lovely people also find this to be true? I would assume likely character wipes on exp propagate this, thus people don't really care...

I find that people, even well geared people on exp kos exponentially less, is it just me? Or do you lovely people also find this to be true? I would assume likely character wipes on exp propagate this, thus people don't really care...

Merged to experimental discussion.

I would say that was true until 0.51 debuted on Experimental a few weeks ago, but I think that was a temporary uptick due to cannibalism. You'll see the same thing happen when the general public gets 0.51 on Stable, and it will probably die off after a while in a similar fashion.

Up to this point though, Experimental definitely had less KoS. Probably a side effect of the demographic that tends to stick to Experimental -- that is, those of us who prioritize exploration over player interaction for the sake of finding new things.

• Like 2

to awnswer a quick question, instead of quoting and deleting things.

Yes the Walkie Talkies work now, if the chat channel wont switch hold down the < or the > ( , . )

I've heard that experimental was a "more" friendly place to explore but it hasn't been the case for me.  Every stranger encounter I've had so far since the .51 update has resulted in an exchange of blows or bullets.

Punisher

to awnswer a quick question, instead of quoting and deleting things.

Yes the Walkie Talkies work now, if the chat channel wont switch hold down the < or the > ( , . )

Switch to what, Direct von/voip ?

I've taken a quick look earlier today and wasn't sure, switch channel binds work and I've set a direct talk bind which works fine (not talking chat channels btw).

Is it the same little mic symbol as direct talk that shows ?

I should know all this but hey, everybody needs a :facepalm: now and again.

• Like 1

Netting is far too rare/the loot spawning is way off atm, I've searched dozens of boats and found no netting but loads of raincoats, boonies, wellies etc.

Netting is far too rare/the loot spawning is way off atm, I've searched dozens of boats and found no netting but loads of raincoats, boonies, wellies etc.

As it should be.  Not everyone should be running around playing a walking bush.  Hell, most people couldn't make a ghillie suit if their life depended on it and all we need is a little bit of netting and some burlap and become basically invisible?  lmao

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

I agree. Should be very rare. Haven't seen a ghillie yet. But maybe that's the point! ;)

Of course many things are still not as they should be, but in general apocalypse does not mean "land of milk and honey".

I had hard times as well, but could always manage to stay alive by picking berries and apples, and later i found just enough other stuff. It´s also not too easy to get fully geared at the moment. But are we playing a game because it is easy or because it is hard?

Ya I dont know, the combination of pouring rain, tones of zombies and nothing at all near the coasts is just broken. Making it work once for you doesn't make you cool, it just makes you lucky.

Not sure at all what the respawn concept of loot is. After the wednesday update I made it to NW airfield easy. And then after that guy was sniped made it fully north and checked out all the towns there till I got sniped again. So that is about 10 hours of play. I guess I am as tough or tougher then you.

But then with the server picked clean and the rain on it was nearly impossible to get off the coast. The zombies respawn, sometimes before you can get 100 feet away, and I did see a back pack spawn right in a feed stand while I was in it. But the towns anywhere near the coast are so picked clean as to be useless. And some areas are not spawning anything at all. When you see building after building with nothing at all in them, you know nothing did spawn. As opposed to the buildings with nothing in them but books and flashlights.  You know they had something once upon a time.

When the map is picked clean all the way to GORKA, its broken. But again, not sure what they are after. 

Might have something to do with being cold, and even though you warmed up the game decided to leave the heebidy jeebidies inside you

and to eeveryoneelse!

pick up dem walkie talkies!

I roam the countries in EXP calling out on the base signal, and have yet to hear a response. :(

Hmm, so they are still working. I suppose I got a busted radio or something, because when I tried on this version I wasn't able to change my chat channel to the radio. I'll have to give that another shot then.

In the previous version it was working for me, and I would do the same with the same results you've been getting. Dead silence. For most I imagine, it's just easier to load up a 3rd party app so that you can talk telepathically to your friends. Who wants to go through the trouble of earning such a right, eh?

Only made contact with 3 or 4 people in the last couple days (saw several more but avoided them) and they were all friendly. :)

i wish I could say the same. I have run into one maybe two friendly people on exp so far, I do my best to stay hidden but it does not always work.

Guy drives up I run he shoots me in the back

Guy comes up behind me kills me with a fire extinguisher

Guy says he is friendly accuses me of stealing his car and fire axes me to death

I am fighting a zed guy comes up and shoots me

Drinking water, shot in the back

Guy tries to one punch me fails tries to talk friendly to me I come after him and lag out then I am dead

This is how 99.99% of my encounters are with people on DayZ. My FPS drops drastically too, (to like 1 or 2) making getting away or fighting pretty difficult. Sometimes it is like being in Six Million Dollar Man Solmo without the benefit of bionics.

Edited by Barnabus

I don't understand this picking berries and apples at all.  I tried last night for a few hours and I could not get far enough inland to get an food spawns before I dide.  I would try picking apples but out of 20 tries only received one apple and out of 15 tries for berries I only received one set of berries and they were poisionous.  So I dont get the live off the fruit part.  Could not fish cause I could not find an axe to chop down a ashewood tree. Could not hunt cause screwdrivers and pick axes will not allow you to kill prey cause they run away if you get too close.  The closest I got to the west was Grishino before dying.  But I sure did have my pick of back packs and books though. :)

As it should be.  Not everyone should be running around playing a walking bush.  Hell, most people couldn't make a ghillie suit if their life depended on it and all we need is a little bit of netting and some burlap and become basically invisible?  lmao

At the expense of not being able to carry a backpack though? It completely balances it out. It's another draw away from the cycle of spawn>loot>PvP>die repeat that has been in place since release, it gives players an incentive to use the persistence features.

Edited by a_ruttle
  • Like 1

At the expense of not being able to carry a backpack though? It completely balances it out. It's another draw away from the cycle of spawn>loot>PvP>die repeat that has been in place since release, it gives players an incentive to use the persistence features.

Did I right that read? You can't carry a backpack when you are wearing a gillie suit? Just asking to make sure, I haven't been able to build one of my own yet.

Trying to get off the coast has starved me several times. In my last, desperate attempt to make it to Kamenka (since "off the coast" didn't do anything for me) had me passing Three Valleys where to fresh spawns ganged up on me. I had nothing on me but my T-shirt that I had torn to rags.

Kids these days... tztztz.

On another attempt I lost my entire backpack while trying to cool off a little in the ocean - probably stupid on my part since I knew the risk. But question: Is that actually a bug or a feature, losing stuff when swimming? Never figured that one quite out since I thought I had read they were "fixing" it like 8 patches ago.

Edited by Demonica