SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Well, Gas I may have, grass... probably not, - but hey, I can search for kindling! Would that be something? :D

Agreed, but they won't even use them. In the mod, vehicles were generally squirreled away somewhere in fear of losing them. That or I just happened to take the quietest and most inactive routes through Chernarus, because I rarely ever saw or heard any vehicles throughout my many journeys. The helo was probably the most common, ATV second. Perhaps, it's the peeps that were populating those 1000 vehicle servers that I avoided like the plague? In the end, I guess I should be a little more excited that others are excited about vehicles because that could mean a more intense experience if people actually use them. All is quiet, looting away and then sudenly, the roar of an engine  at a distance, getting closer and closer. What to do?

I believe the intention with vehicles in the Standalone is to have them be pretty rare, so I don't think you'll be seeing them roaring around the map unfortunately :( I only hope that they wait until things like bicycles are added before they go nerfing the run speed.

• Like 3

I believe the intention with vehicles in the Standalone is to have them be pretty rare, so I don't think you'll be seeing them roaring around the map unfortunately :( I only hope that they wait until things like bicycles are added before they go nerfing the run speed.

Yeah, me too. I have gotten very used to just go go go and wham! You're wherever you need to be in like 20 minutes. I'll miss it somewhat, but if they make it up to us with bikes that are not a totally rare occurence, that sounds great.

Oooohhh... I'd love to have a Kawasaki Ninja! Did they ever talk about putting motor bikes in, even if it's just a Vespa or something?

• Like 2

Downloaded 236.5MB :)

No servers yet.

edit. servers up.

Are you sure? Only one that's showing up is US Central 01, and that one's locked.

Oh grr... Can't be too much longer now though, hang in there folks!

Edited by Demonica

Downloaded 236.5MB :)

No servers yet.

edit. servers up.

or not... session lost and then no servers anymore !

It still gives me a reason not to trust anybody. I'm gonna gear up for hours just to get shot by somebody I think is friendly? Nah, not anymore.

Oh well... You're just becoming part of the problem instead of the solution. Suit yourself. Putting more importance to your gear instead of your overall experience and enjoyment is overrated, but maybe your enjoyment comes from being "fully geared" and hidden in the woods...

To each his own I guess, just don't go around killing everyone you see because you "don't trust" them, because you'll be the reason they become like you. Vicious circle we got there.

Have fun! :lol:  (Until you CTD... In the hopes experimental can get a fix so we can test out those V3S! :thumbsup: )

• Like 4

Rapes his Refresh server key in-game, firing up the pipe !!! 

MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I have a job interview at 11PM and I cannot blow it off.

Ugh, I have a job interview at 11PM and I cannot blow it off.

Aw man :-/ But good luck! We'll be here when you get back, I promise :D

• Like 1

there is (Was) central server up but unable to load till my character, white screen only :(

Edited by docjiggy

Said server is a locked one, hence not accessible for us mere mortals B)

• Like 2

It's pretty clear we're all a bunch of Experimental groupies! We probably need real lives somewhere along the way. Now hurry up and get them servers up so I don't have to contemplate real life.

• Like 3

It's pretty clear we're all a bunch of Experimental groupies! We probably need real lives somewhere along the way. Now hurry up and get them servers up so I don't have to contemplate real life.

I do have to say, real life does have quite impressive immersion for me. Now I saw a server that was also locked, but this time it was a German Server... Oh Boy oh Boy, what are they doing I wonder?

• Like 1

Oh well... You're just becoming part of the problem instead of the solution. Suit yourself. Putting more importance to your gear instead of your overall experience and enjoyment is overrated, but maybe your enjoyment comes from being "fully geared" and hidden in the woods...

To each his own I guess, just don't go around killing everyone you see because you "don't trust" them, because you'll be the reason they become like you. Vicious circle we got there.

Have fun! :lol:  (Until you CTD... In the hopes experimental can get a fix so we can test out those V3S! :thumbsup: )

Being back-stabbed and shot on sight isn't a good experience. Dying over and over again isn't fun. Maybe it is for you but not me. My enjoyment DOES come from interaction but 90% of the time that interaction is ruined because people are so paranoid. I haven't KoS'd since the beginning. Because part of me goes "I don't want to ruin this guy's experience and frustrate him". But too bad that thought has got me killed 99.99% of the time. I've literally only ever met 3 friendly people ever who didn't decide to blow my face off. There is no solution. You have the people that kill you for your gear, the people that'll just kill you for the satisfaction and the people that KoS because they fear you want to kill them and take their shit and that's over 50% of the population.

• Like 1

That's okay, as long as they can make it today. I'm sure they're working their hineys off. I have to get started on lunch anyway, so I am energized and hydrated for the apoca-cars :D :beans:

• Like 3

Being back-stabbed and shot on sight isn't a good experience. Dying over and over again isn't fun. Maybe it is for you but not me. My enjoyment DOES come from interaction but 90% of the time that interaction is ruined because people are so paranoid. I haven't KoS'd since the beginning. Because part of me goes "I don't want to ruin this guy's experience and frustrate him". But too bad that thought has got me killed 99.99% of the time. I've literally only ever met 3 friendly people ever who didn't decide to blow my face off. There is no solution. You have the people that kill you for your gear, the people that'll just kill you for the satisfaction and the people that KoS because they fear you want to kill them and take their shit and that's over 50% of the population.

I understand mate, and I don't want to tell you what to do honestly. I'm just part of the other 50% of the population. ;)

If you ever see my name in the player list on experimental, then you'll know that you have at least 1 chance of not being KoS, or betrayed by a player on the server. B)

Take care man. And here, :beans:  have some beans for the harsh road ahead!

• Like 5