Sign in to follow this  
huf757

Hoping for character resets!

I am hoping that after they fix the item spawning bug. They reset all characters and persistence storage.  There are many people out there with way too much stuff. How do you feel about it?

Edited by huf757
  • Like 2

Hello there

This will be  quite a emotive thread one would imagine, but lets go for it.

I would like to see regular wipes, but thats from a players view, there may well be very good dev reasons for not wiping on a regular basis.

How often in my utopia would I like to see it? Perhaps fortnightly.

Would it achieve anything? Be workable? Who knows?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Hello there

This will be quite a emotive thread one would imagine, but lets go for it.

I would like to see regular wipes, but thats from a players view, there may well be very good dev reasons for not wiping on a regular basis.

How often in my utopia would I like to see it? Perhaps fortnightly.

Would it achieve anything? Be workable? Who knows?

Rgds

LoK

Bad idea, imho.

Nobody would play the last 2-3 days before the wipe and who plays will just go for a deathmatch.

• Like 2

Bad idea, imho.

Nobody would play the last 2-3 days before the wipe and who plays will just go for a deathmatch.

this^

Regular wipes are bad. But I don't mind how frequent they are. Just every now and then to clear the database when required.

The branch has been reset or is getting reset pretty soon?

Edit: Nevermind, I read this from my ass.

Edited by Yazar8

Now this is a very single pointed view. Even though I agree on the idea reseting all the items, on the other hand I disagree. The reason I agree is that people have bcome too obsessed with their gear. Known as KOS (killing on sight). They are afraid to lose their gear, which is obvious. However, they are too scared. I would of course protect my gear, but I would try to give people a chance. Even though I know this means I could put my own gun at my head instead of him. This is not everybody though. I met nice people, I met others who are reasonable. After the last update I noticed I could find supplies and gear in just one day! This makes a fare share for everyone, but still we all are greedy at some point. This change makes people more comfortable to die and not compleatly ragequit for losing their gear, when they can gain it back in 20 minutes. After all, this is a survival game, the point is to gather and survive and handle a worst case scenerio.

However, I got some other reason I disagree with you. It does of course take time to gather good military gear. In addition it may be annoying to gather gear every single time. I admit it myself it's annoying when my gear get reset everytime on a other server, so I stick to only one. You also have to know your location everytime you spawn when you join th game again.

I have many other reasons, however, there is no need for that because you get my point. This change is most unlikly to happen unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind another global wipe once they get a better hold on the duping and scripting. 

All for it!

Bad idea, imho.

Hello there

Is it not mainly deathmatching already?

Remember Im not advocating this, merely throwing it out there.

Rgds

LoK

I don't agree with regular wipes, but considering the amount of loot currently available I think that it'll need to be reduced (or the bug fixed) and a wipe applied to reflect that.

I am hoping that after they fix the item spawning bug. They reset all characters and persistence storage.  There are many people out there with way too much stuff. How do you feel about it?

100% agree. Especially those who are playing on persistence enabled servers, I'm sure many people have tents/tents/tents full of pristine, end-game gear. The loot at the moment is way too messed up, NOT to reset all characters come 0.51

Edited by Act III

Hello there

Is it not mainly deathmatching already?

Remember Im not advocating this, merely throwing it out there.

Rgds

LoK

It is, but to a lesser extent.

I wouldn't play as much if there were char wipes, mostly because I enjoy the survival aspect more than the pew pew aspect.

Why do you need regular wipes when you have instant-death bugs, snipers, hackers and etc?

Today I killed a guy fully loaded with an AKM/AK101, tons of ammo with a sawed off shotgun, the most armed person in the game isn't really the best, and doesn't survive the longest.

Point is, it's pretty rare that a fully loaded guy is actually somehow negatively impacting your game in a major way.

• Like 1

I disagree with wipes just for the sake of it. If it's necessary for some dev reason (duped/bugged items) then fine but just to wipe every fortnight for no reason is nuts imho. I'm talking about when we are at 1.0 btw. Character wipes at this stage although sometimes a nuisance are fine by me.

Edited by freethink

I'd be completely alright with a wipe every time an experimental version was pushed to stable.  There definitely should be a wipe accompanying any update that resolves a duping exploit.

I say no, not just because I enjoy all this pristine gear but everyone with it will get so so comfortable and then when the game or players finally kill them they'll see how harsh the game has become outside of KOS'ing defenceless randoms, mwahahaha.

I like killing myself when an update is added to test out new things but...I appreciate the option it'd be annoying if they just wiped it all the time. Sure the game isn't complete yet but you could still have enjoyed many hours actually surviving and getting in to tense situations for that to be thrown away.

At best your character should be wiped if you're not active for a month or so.

I would accept it, if it was accompanied by actually working persistence and item respawn.  Otherwise no, not everyone filled themselves these loot orgies and there is no reason to punish everyone because they didn't fix a bug that was reported several times on the EXP forums during .50 testing.

Edited by Briljin

Alpha.. To be honest i expected there to have been more wipes during this phase ( we have had what 2 i remember) and having played alot of experimental branch i am pretty use to being wiped ( for a while there it was pretty much every week lol ).

People get so attached to there gear though so id expect  the usual out cry, but we seem to forget we are play testing an alpha not playing a completed game....

I don't agree with regular wipes, but considering the amount of loot currently available I think that it'll need to be reduced (or the bug fixed) and a wipe applied to reflect that.

No it only needs section based item limits to prevent server crashes, so the map needs to be split up in invisible sections for the game engine to handle it, and we expect regular wipes the loot rates needs to be increased to counter it, not the other way around, if we got weekly wiped the loot needs to be x times more frequent to counter act that, but right now i dont think most servers handle more than 5-10 players for a stable persistent server.

Edited by Elias79

Actually my friend if you switch over to Experimental this is precisely what happens with every publish and sometimes even when the exp publish is tweaked.  This is one of the plethora of reasons I like Experimental. 

Edited by Barnabus

It is not that people have too much stuff. Problem is that devs didn't fixed DUPING as promised. Why? What prevents that? I would prefer character wipes every patch or at least every month at least until game release. Unless of course they fix duping once and for all. It is too easy now. And this bugged loot. There were certain server where in Pavlovo military base you could find TONS of press vests, guns, other stuff too. At first I thought maybe someone was duping here too but then realized that loot system now is bugged like never before. Items either do not respawn or respawn on top of already existing items making servers crash eventually.