kermo50

how has the dry wells affected your gameplay

I'm just wondering, hows everyone going with the limited water at the moment? I always play on the same server and things are tough at the moment, all beverages have been taken and it hasn't rained for days and I've been keeping hydrated off my supply of caned peaches haha..

Well it does not affect me.

I got 4 canteens and 6 packs of caned peaches.

I guess the biggest change was that I stopped stacking tactical bacon in favour of canned peaches.

I just take what cans I can find, and hope I run across a pond on my travels. If I hop in to a server that's raining I just fill my bottles and canteen up.

There's a thousand ponds on the map you must be able to find one. If not eat fruit, canned peaches, sardines, soda. I spawned in yesterday after a month or so since I last played and I'm fully hydrated and have only eaten the above. Another thing to do is remember where ponds are around the map. If you can mark say six of them across the map then you'll know you're never far from your next one and plan your route around it but keep an eye out for those tiny ponds along the way, there's tons of them :)

I am amazed how much hydration I manage to build up just by eating. I now find myself eating more often to the level of stuffed just to keep my levels up to par. The sodas and Rasuptin Kvaas have taken on a whole new level of importance in the game. I am very greatful that at this point we are still able to drink from open water without getting sick, otherwize we would be having a war were people were spending all their time looking for water purification tablets. LOL Bandits killing people for water purification tabelts!

Hey would that be a cool feature... Boil water to make it drinkable! This would give all those pots and pans a whole new value!

The dry wells affect me about as much as the fear of sunburn affects Usain Bolt. 

There's a thousand ponds on the map you must be able to find one. If not eat fruit, canned peaches, sardines, soda. I spawned in yesterday after a month or so since I last played and I'm fully hydrated and have only eaten the above. Another thing to do is remember where ponds are around the map. If you can mark say six of them across the map then you'll know you're never far from your next one and plan your route around it but keep an eye out for those tiny ponds along the way, there's tons of them :)

Oh ok cool, I was under the impression that drinking/filling up from ponds was disabled too

I wonder if the developers done this on purpose, to see how well the community managed without them?

I have been enjoying fulling up my water bottle every time it rains :)

• Like 1

Oh ok cool, I was under the impression that drinking/filling up from ponds was disabled too

Don't quote me, I haven't drank from a pond recently and I only read that Wells were disabled but, it seems moot right now with gear literally everywhere and food. Just eat the stuff I listed and you'll hydrate yourself at the same time :)

I have been enjoying fulling up my water bottle every time it rains :)

How fun it is to select an action repeatable. You must love hitting the middle mouse button...

Not to say its a bad feature, but still. 

Eating and drinking is not yet a concern in this early stage of the game, i hope it will be later on. 

You will stumble on soda cans each 10 steps, no need to care about wells.

I'm just wondering, hows everyone going with the limited water at the moment? I always play on the same server and things are tough at the moment, all beverages have been taken and it hasn't rained for days and I've been keeping hydrated off my supply of caned peaches haha..

Bugged water pumps have no effect on my playstyle, and honestly shouldn't have on the playstyle of anyone else...and that, IMHO is a big problem. Pheraphs unknowingly, Bohemia highlighted a major flaw in game mechanics: water-borne disease(s) are not implemented, eating solid food always grants you at least a minimum intake of water and, more important, once you hit any bright green status (like hydrated) it's extremely difficult losing it.

That means anyone can ignore thirst by drinking freely from ponds/lakes or eating food (with the exception of few food types, which actually decrease your hydratation level). That's not exactly a good thing, so to speak...and that's an hell of an understatement.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

Hasn't really effected me too much, I just roam from pond to pond now.
I only do that because I know I'm more likely to encounter some half decent people.

Current loot spawn has my backpack full of all the shit I need, I find myself dumping it or supplying the few "friends" I make.

I get by with the ponds and cans/fruit. I used to always carry a canteen/water bottle, I quit after a while but have recently begun to carry them.

But I still get this annoying bug where I tell it to drink all but I never get any, the bottle stays @ 100% and I have to "Cancel Current Action" to eventually do something else.

The well problem doesn't bother me, because I've been using ponds for a long time already. But that will change as soon as they put in diseases/infections and how ever that effects the water. 

I now rely more on purification tablets and just fill up my jugs every time I run into a pond or stream. Also, you can fill your canteen with the falling rain as well.

It's not a big deal to me.

I relied on the wells, so not having them.has caused me to seek hydration elsewhere, I don't really use sodas or beers, so when I find a pond it's like Christmas.  I remember when filling your canteen with rain water was 1% at a time, now it's 5% so sacrificing a few minutes during the rain doesn't bother me. I wish hydration affected my overheating more,  I can be fully energized, hydrated, and healing, and somehow manage to overheat while walking, it sucks. I do need to take notice of the ponds and remember their location, can we drink out of the ocean?  I wouldn't imagine so, never tried it.

It affected my gameplay a LOT.  I relied on those wells to save me room in my packs.  Now I'm carrying a water bottle and as many purification tablets I can find.  Of course I try to find sodas and cantines (except cantines take up a lot of room) but they can be harder to find now it seems.

Point of clarification - do you need to purify *all* water?  I know you can still drink the water but does it increase the chance of getting sick?

Point of clarification - do you need to purify *all* water?  I know you can still drink the water but does it increase the chance of getting sick?

No, At this moment it is safe to drink all sources of water without purification.

• Like 2

No, At this moment it is safe to drink all sources of water without purification.

GAH!!!!!  You know how long I sat by a pond filling a water bottle, purifying it, rinse, repeat????  And it took even longer cos I had some psycho maniac with a carbine firing off like it was 4th of july very near me trying to hit a zed ... I think he hit everything BUT the zed lol.  Luckily he didn't see or hear me drinking but with all the racket, I'm sure I could've been playing a boom box at full blast and he wouldn't have heard me.

Increased overheating (that demands for more water to be consumed) combined with broken water pumps.... Disaster!