Zing Freelancer

Helicopter crash sites?

Probably in the police cars. Which I have not seen one of since .5 come to think of it.

I have seen a couple of Police cars since .50 so they are still here (i think!)

I remember the fun of a heli crash on the mod with loads of people all zeroing into the location making for some "fun" encounters.

In SA I've passed a few supposed crash sites but yet to find one. Are they random spawns?

I think its silly that any AR would ever be found without a mag in it. 

UNLESS ITS INSIDE A GUN STORE.

I mean.. think about it.. Helicopter crashes.. there was an AR on board, but it was not loaded, and there was no ammo on board for it.

WTF?!

Okay, next one.. Military Barracks. Not the armory. It has 2 AR's inside of it.. not one magazine or box of ammo. 

Again, WT-literal-F?! 

No wonder everyone in Chernarus died.. they were running around with empty weapons.  :|

Use your imagination. Your bunk mates turned, you had to put them down, you then go through their shit and take what you need before getting the f outta dodge. Months later, a survivor shows up, finding a couple of magazineless M4s and some other scraps.

• Like 1

Use your imagination. Your bunk mates turned, you had to put them down, you then go through their shit and take what you need before getting the f outta dodge. Months later, a survivor shows up, finding a couple of magazineless M4s and some other scraps.

Imagination is fun!

Now use it for the heli-crashes.. which is what this thread is about.  B)

Can anyone confirm or deny if the crash sites are mixed in with the police spawns.  Limiting the crash sites even further?  I have not seen one crash site and before over the weekend I would normally see 3 to 5.

I've only ever found 2 sites, I seems when I go looking for one I can never find it,  I always stumble upon them. Haven't found an M4, but I've found grenades and clips, the only way I would use an M4 is with a RDS or MI...whatever, I also get SUPER paranoid with an M4, terribly scared to lose it, especially if I spent a lot of time looking for one. I also play recklessly at times so that doesn't help. So to me it's not worth the effort.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the crash sites are mixed in with the police spawns.  Limiting the crash sites even further?  I have not seen one crash site and before over the weekend I would normally see 3 to 5.

I saw one last week, my one of two to have ever found.

If there is a possibility of 50 players per server, nothing should be ultra rare.

Current HCS mechanics need to be reworked to be a live event, instead of a spawn object on server restart.

Which wouldn't make sense unless for some reason, there's thousands of helicopters flying around and crashing all over the place, even months or years after the outbreak? I'd rather have the wreckage overgrown and difficult to spot, no smoke and you come across it by chance as a rare event.

Why shouldn't things be ultra rare?

Which wouldn't make sense unless for some reason, there's thousands of helicopters flying around and crashing all over the place, even months or years after the outbreak? I'd rather have the wreckage overgrown and difficult to spot, no smoke and you come across it by chance as a rare event.

Why shouldn't things be ultra rare?

Hmmm, well yeah I guess having overgrown helicopters makes sense.

Why no to ultra rare?

Well, it just does not fit in the current concept of the game.

Arguably it fits on private hives, as everything stays within the server, you can make certain items ultra rare. On the public servers where anyone can join and loot can easily migrate, ultra rare is a bad thing. At the same time, an item should be as easily obtained, as easily as it can be lost.

I would say that something can be classified as ultra rare when you put 12 hours to obtain a fully modded prestine M4A1. However if you meet another player, do you want to be paranoid and kill him on sight because you have an ultra rare item he wants? Or would you prefer to befriend him and help him obtain the same item?

This is why there must be a meaningful way to obtain all loot in the game. Helicopter crash sites should only serve as loot pinatas, not the only place where you can obtain item X.

Or there should be more helicopter crash sites, maybe ten.

Edited by Zing Freelancer

Why no to ultra rare?

Arguably it fits on private hives, as everything stays within the server, you can make certain items ultra rare. On the public servers where anyone can join and loot can easily migrate, ultra rare is a bad thing. At the same time, an item should be as easily obtained, as easily as it can be lost.

I would say that something can be classified as ultra rare when you put 12 hours to obtain a fully modded prestine M4A1. However if you meet another player, do you want to be paranoid and kill him on sight because you have an ultra rare item he wants? Or would you prefer to befriend him and help him obtain the same item?

This is why there must be a meaningful way to obtain all loot in the game. Helicopter crash sites should only serve as loot pinatas, not the only place where you can obtain item X.

You mean it doesnt fit your concept of the game and your concept comes from playing epoch not dayz. All i have read from you is threads about not finding enough ubber loot etc etc . sorry mate your not going to like where they are taking dayz ,but hey epoch is still going strong and hasnt it just started up on arma 3??

Why no to ultra rare?

Maybe :)

The concept of the game is a zombie survival right? So all these helo crash sites scattered over the map seem to go against the very nature of the game. The reason I say make them rare, like you come across one, on average, every 3 months, is because dayz is a long game. You're going to be playing for months, hopefully wit the same life but probably not. So playing for a long time means your going to find everything in the game - how about some elusive things that are that rare that if u ever find one your really excited about it. Don't stop with HCS - make some other things and have a pool of increasingly rare loot spots, for eg...

Crashed jumbo jet

abandoned military jeep/truck

abandoned camp site (maybe 2 or 3 tents and a campfire u can light)

etc

Whatever it is, it gives you something to strive for after you've seen everything else.

HCS become boring and commonplace if they spawn all the time. In Dayz there's going to be a lot of repetition as you strive to feed yourself and your friends. Having things pop up rarely just gives you that "Hey that was neat!" moment.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, it gives you something to strive for after you've seen everything else.

HCS become boring and commonplace if they spawn all the time. In Dayz there's going to be a lot of repetition as you strive to feed yourself and your friends. Having things pop up rarely just gives you that "Hey that was neat!" moment.

Base building?

The concept of the game is a zombie survival right? So all these helo crash sites scattered over the map seem to go against the very nature of the game. The reason I say make them rare, like you come across one, on average, every 3 months, is because dayz is a long game. You're going to be playing for months, hopefully wit the same life but probably not. So playing for a long time means your going to find everything in the game - how about some elusive things that are that rare that if u ever find one your really excited about it. Don't stop with HCS - make some other things and have a pool of increasingly rare loot spots, for eg...

They can be as rare as water in sahara, I don't give a damn as long as they are not the only way to obtain item X. After two days of running around looking for these damn HCS's and not finding anything decent after looting 5 of them, I would rather loot cycle NWAF to death than be forced to look for these helicopters again JUST TO OBTAIN A SMESH WEST.

This is not Guild Wars or World of Warcraft where grinding for items is acceptable, this is a zombie survivor FPS with permanent death and loss of all your gear.

You mean it doesnt fit your concept of the game and your concept comes from playing epoch not dayz. All i have read from you is threads about not finding enough ubber loot etc etc . sorry mate your not going to like where they are taking dayz ,but hey epoch is still going strong and hasnt it just started up on arma 3??

Well, there are many things I do not like, but this is only Early Access Alpha, providing feedback and hoping that developers would listen is what we can do. Besides, nothing wrong with standalone being more like Epoch, after all, Epoch is the most popular DayZ mod.

They can be as rare as water in sahara, I don't give a damn as long as they are not the only way to obtain item X. After two days of running around looking for these damn HCS's and not finding anything decent after looting 5 of them, I would rather loot cycle NWAF to death than be forced to look for these helicopters again JUST TO OBTAIN A SMESH WEST.

This is not Guild Wars or World of Warcraft where grinding for items is acceptable, this is a zombie survivor FPS with permanent death and loss of all your gear.

Well, there are many things I do not like, but this is only Early Access Alpha, providing feedback and hoping that developers would listen is what we can do. Besides, nothing wrong with standalone being more like Epoch, after all, Epoch is the most popular DayZ mod.

This is not guild wars ya da ya da hmmmm it as quoted by jexter its zombie survival, you finding a smersh because you like ubber gear has fuck all to do with survival ,again this is not epoch which was nothing like dayz was intended to be, it was a resource hunting pvp instant gratification game vs dayz meant to be gritty survival game the anti game but people like things easy so they flocked to epoch ( original idea didnt even have zombies)

Yes its early release alpha feed back is always wanted but i cant see them turning it into epoch ( that very mod was one of the main reasons rocket spat the dummy nearly 2 years ago and said there would be no modding of the SA which obviously he/BI have reversed there idea on it now.

I am sure once modding is in someone will do an epoch style but the main game will stick to its roots which is not an over the top resource hunter with npc stores in the middle of an apoc, who for some reason trade gold which would be worthless if the world had broken down.

As for it being more popular so SA should be more like it hmmm call of duty is the most popular fps in the world should the game be more like that ???

• Like 1

Usually when I find a crash site I'll set up a sniper nest somewhere near by waiting for people like you ;)

why you gotta reuse jokes man..

Base building?

I don't know what you mean by base building. Once you've built your base, if we build them at all, then you've built your base......?

I agree with you but you're changing your what you said initially. I didn't say they should be the only source of gear, what I said was they should be ultra rare but always have some top quality gear on them. I found a crash site once, the Mi-8 and it had 2 pairs of boots and a tactical shirt. I'd rather not have found it thanks. I hope the devs imagination can stretch a little further when it comes to crash sites.

• Like 1

Are this helicopter crash site always where it was found? or was it spawn randomly every server refresh? Find a few spot but there was none. I got killed in the process too.. oh well..

Are this helicopter crash site always where it was found? or was it spawn randomly every server refresh? Find a few spot but there was none. I got killed in the process too.. oh well..

Pretty sure they're random now.

I kinda wish the helicopter would spawn on its side or more in pieces than it is currently. I mean who "crashes" and manages to land on all 4 wheels dead level?

Pretty sure they're random now.

aight thx mate, guess I have to stop looking for it at the moment.

• Like 1

I've never found an M4 at a crash site, I've had about 5 of them so far and all of them came off people I killed. Don't matter how rare your gun is, when I slay you with a double barrel 12ga you'll be just as dead.

The M4 is alright but it makes you a target, every person who you see will want to kill you for it, you WILL get stabbed in the back if you trust someone while carrying an M4. I honestly prefer to stick with the low level weapons because people generally won't kill you for them. This new pump 12ga is a great gun for that, its weak for a shotgun but I love its capacity and fire rate.

Sites are still there but not on all servers right now I'm afraid. I've looted 16-17 of them in past 3 days. 6 american choppers and 10-11 russian, no smersh vest yet :( But I'll keep my search until I find my first one ever!

Found two russian crashes recently, both had nothing. Haven't seen an American one in a while.

I think they should just introduce more attachments for AKs. I have an M4 not because I use it, but so I can collect all the parts for it. I would be so much happier to carry an AKM if it has more attachments, like a russian red dot or something

I've searched the forum but didn't find anything regarding this suggestion. Sorry to put it here. Thought it fits best in a heli topic.

I would like to have the option to fake a heli crashsite with a campfire by burning plastic made materials such as bottles, protector cases, duct tape, desinfection spray etc.

By burning these materials and if the fire is hot enough (or cold enough, whatever is needed to make it smoke real bad) the smoke of the fire changes from white to black and can be seen over the same distance like the smoke of a heli crashsite. Should work with ruined stuff as well.

Once you get closer, you can of course see that there is no heli but from the distance or if there is a hill between you and the smoke, there is a chance to get fooled.

Edit: Please excuse, didn't notice this is not the suggestion section.

Edited by Survivor35

Found two russian crashes recently, both had nothing. Haven't seen an American one in a while.

I think they should just introduce more attachments for AKs. I have an M4 not because I use it, but so I can collect all the parts for it. I would be so much happier to carry an AKM if it has more attachments, like a russian red dot or something

Two words for you George.

Grenade launchers. :o