Sign in to follow this  
kakysas666

The good and the bad of 50th patch

So it is kind of a rant kind of a heads up to developers or those interested.

BAD: New bugs, like nearly impossible to locate a context menu to climb the ladder of the school building, especially in hardcore mode.

BAD: Wells do not work

BAD: Random weapon disappearance when you carry two guns (one behind back, one in hands) happened to me 3 times, but could not reproduce it on purpose. You simply start running with two guns and after a while you see that your hands are empty and you are holding an air. Backtracking didn't seem to help

BAD: Zombie sound direction, you hear zombie scream from the left side, zombie runs to you from the right side.

GOOD: There are certain servers with fucked up loot respawn system, and actually I found 5 (I repeat, five) press vests in a single building. Won't say where but I am sure some people already know it. Also loot seems to respawn 2-3 times more than it should (or was in previous patch after each restart).

GOOD: All items spawning are pristine. And zombies seem to be weaker or something as they didn't ruin me a single item.

GOOD: Tents finally spawn normal loot. Actually too much loot one can carry away.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 4

I'm only experiencing the problem with wells and a major influx of loot, but other than that I'm not having problems with any of these things you've mentioned. Maybe it's just my lack of play time recently. Oh and just flip your headset around? xD

Yeah looting is weird.

Went into a large building, (also won't say where) and found 2 shotguns, a Blazer, sawn off mosin, normal mosin,  1911, and magnum in 2 rooms next to each other.

Only complaint I had was figuring out which to carry.

Edited by o5pr3y
  • Like 1

Another "Good" that I have come across is that Zombie hits don't seem quite as damaging to clothing at this time. I have taken several hits while sparing with my axe and to date only one pair of cargo pants were ruined. inside the pants themselves one item damaged an one ruined.

If you ask me this is a big gain. I used to get so frustrated when after long searching a matching ensamble was afinally aquired only to see a vest or backpack ruined from a chance Z hit.

One little glitch I have come across is a tendancy for my charactor to suddenly start punching wildly for several minutes. If you are not trying to be stealthy and your hands are empty or only holding a melee weapon it isn't all that bad. But my buddy was less fortunate when holding an assult rile which promptly emptied it's clip, wounded another player and advertised is presence to a wide area. I have found the easiest work around is to make my charactor pick up an item and the punching stops. I have now noticed that the punching starts just after I return from an Alt-Tab to another off game screen. Doing another one or two Alt-Tab switches seems to cure the problem.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch
  • Like 1

I have a dim memory of the hours and days following previous patches featuring near-universal pristine items.

The heat/dehydration is seriously out of balance.

I like the small visual tweaks (eg to inventory), and some of the new items (backpacks, etc).

Not sure about the heli crash position yet, as haven't been able to run for long or far enough to find any.

and where's the Ugly? :D

l5s3pjnqycws.jpg

Btw:

I can open a Can of Bacon with brass knuckles xD

(Only gives 30%, but still)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

BAD: Random weapon disappearance when you carry two guns (one behind back, one in hands) happened to me 3 times, but could not reproduce it on purpose. You simply start running with two guns and after a while you see that your hands are empty and you are holding an air. Backtracking didn't seem to help

I've had this and have been able to recreate it every time.

From what I can tell, if you are carrying a 2nd weapon and you move something from your inventory to your hands, (eg matches, bandages etc) you will drop the weapon you're holding and it will appear on the floor at your feet.

So far so good.

If you then return the item you're holding back into your inventory, (clicking the red cross in the hands box in inventory) the first item, (your 2nd weapon in this case) will automatically appear back in your hands, and remain on the floor.

I've found that the weapon you're now 'holding' isn't real, the real weapon is the one still on the floor. 

Once i'd got over the disappointment of realising that 'auto pick-up' isn't actually a thing, I've taken to manually picking up the 2nd weapon again, like I used to.

I've also had attachment weirdness with this glitch too.  Sometimes when I pick up my 2nd weapon some or all the attachments are missing.  

(A 'naked' M4 is a weird thing to behold.)

I simply dropped the weapon and picked it up again to fix it.

I will submit a bug report soon.

• Like 4

I don't think I can agree with Bean King to say having all items in Pristine is a good aspect of 0.50 but I see what you mean, its nice to have it easy once in a while :)

Edited by V0rador

GOOD: All items spawning are pristine. And zombies seem to be weaker or something as they didn't ruin me a single item.

I think it's just about a server refresh. I found a badly damaged backpack on a server.

Good:AKS-74u fits in a backpack

Bad: No fucking mags after 12 hours of playing

I have a mag, but no gun..

Maybe we should team up..lol

I don't think I can agree with Bean King to say having all items in Pristine is a good aspect of 0.50 but I see what you mean, its nice to have it easy once in a while :)

Bean King isn't anyone's name, by the way. It's one of the post-number-based user titles of the forum :p

• Like 1

played for 30 minutes.

Found a 30 rund and 10 round .22 magazine.

A CR-75 mag and a M1911-mag :D

played for 30 minutes.

Found a 30 rund and 10 round .22 magazine.

A CR-75 mag and a M1911-mag :D

Can you post or message server IP please?

BAD: Zombie sound direction, you hear zombie scream from the left side, zombie runs to you from the right side.

This, at first I thought my speakers are failing. 

This, at first I thought my speakers are failing. 

There is no positional audio for the infected screams or thunderstorms.  If you hear it on the left and turn left in the middle of an infected scream, it still sounds on the left.  

Can you post or message server IP please?

Sorry I left the server and it doesn't display in the "History".

It was an official german normal server, though

There is no positional audio for the infected screams or thunderstorms.  If you hear it on the left and turn left in the middle of an infected scream, it still sounds on the left.  

What if I hear a zed from left but he arrives from right ? Wasn't like that in last patch. 

• Like 1

Sorry I left the server and it doesn't display in the "History".

It was an official german normal server, though

You can check your file for lastMPserver. Its located in your documents ->DayZ-> yourusername.dayzprofile

What if I hear a zed from left but he arrives from right ? Wasn't like that in last patch. 

Ya, the infected had positional audio before.   Has anyone tested this with in game voice?  To see if it has positional audio?

You can check your file for lastMPserver. Its located in your documents ->DayZ-> yourusername.dayzprofile

the IP is 185.16.84.95:2502 and it is in and around Chernogorsk on the construction site, the green piano house near the woods and the sky-scraper-city and the school-building.

Same here, played for about 5-6 hours yesterday and another 2-3 hours the day the patch came out...

Managed to find the bullets for the gun, but not a single clip to put them in... Got to all military areas, soucted a few towns (Every Building) and never ran into a single clip ! :( Had to give up and drop it to get a trusty mosin in my hands... BTW, new wrap looks awesome !!!!

I found dozens of sks + a lot of pu and long range scopes.

the bad well i found 1 in numbers ONE clip for the about 30 sks i could have owned in the last 10 hours.