SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

I can confirm this duplication method. Happened to me when server restarted.

Hello there folks!

I have some questions regarding different hives on stable. I apologies if i am posting this in the wrong thread. Thanks for taking your time looking at my questons!

1. Do you have different characters for ''3rd person servers'' and ''1st person servers'' and private hives/shards?

2. Do you keep your characters when switching between these servertypes (when i enter a 1st person server i have a character tied to that server type and when i go to a 3rd person server type i have another character tied to that server type, they arent going to erase eachother?) In other words i can switch between different characters without losing progress on either of them?

Thanks for taking your time!

Hello there folks!

I have some questions regarding different hives on stable. I apologies if i am posting this in the wrong thread. Thanks for taking your time looking at my questons!

1. Do you have different characters for ''3rd person servers'' and ''1st person servers'' and private hives/shards?

2. Do you keep your characters when switching between these servertypes (when i enter a 1st person server i have a character tied to that server type and when i go to a 3rd person server type i have another character tied to that server type, they arent going to erase eachother?) In other words i can switch between different characters without losing progress on either of them?

Thanks for taking your time!

3rd and first person are different server types thus do not share.  You can play on any third person public server and keep the same third person character, same when switching to first person.  Public and private servers do not share and as far as I know, it's one character per private server.

I don't think you should be discussing how to dupe here. Submit it to Bug Reports, not share it with the entire world.

• Like 2

%7Boption%7Dhttps://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/

Because the PSO is an old scope, and the AK's are built a lot later? The PSO doesn't work with the M4 either, right? Maybe I'm mixing them up.

reason why is not the age of the scope it's the rail systems. New rail systems on the smaller caliber aks might not be the same as the ones remastered on the AKM which is a remaster of the AK47 and also M4 doesn't use same rail system because their military grade specs or some silly shit like that. Hope that helped.

reason why is not the age of the scope it's the rail systems. New rail systems on the smaller caliber aks might not be the same as the ones remastered on the AKM which is a remaster of the AK47 and also M4 doesn't use same rail system because their military grade specs or some silly shit like that. Hope that helped.

Isn't that the same thing though? I don't know much about the history of railsystems, but I do know that they're a relatively recent invention. That's basically what I meant. I mean, back in WW2 they didn't make use of rail systems. Rather you developed a scope for a particular rifle (and in some cases scopes that could be mounted on different weapons but these scopes weren't as good a fit which in some cases made them pretty bad, from what I've learned). So someone came up with the idea of fitting guns with systems, such as rail systems, to make scopes transferable between different weapon systems. I'm no expert in Russian assault rifles so I'm not sure if that's the reason here.

EDIT: Never mind. I re-read your post and I understand what you meant now. So, even if it's not the age of the actual scope, it is still a matter of age difference nevertheless.

Edited by Strawman

SAD DAY TODAY...

just found out some BUTT HURT LIL SCRUB is ddossing a server I use...

spoke to the admin and he has told me that using GAMESERVER to host dayz is and was a bad idea.

they have no ddoss protection unlike villayer... ALSO... if u remove the hacker from your server and they do get butt hurt enough to attack your server.

NO 1 CAN DO ANYTHING.... all u can do is watch the service u pay for be destroyed..

devs wont do anything... DO NOT USE GAMESERVERS TO HOST YOUR DAYZ SERVER... IF U DO... CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY!

looks like everywhere u turn for help about this game or its services theres never anyone to help?

hate to rant but this is a joke... also can someone explain why ip address's for servers are displayed for the world to see?

SAD DAY TODAY...

just found out some BUTT HURT LIL SCRUB is ddossing a server I use...

spoke to the admin and he has told me that using GAMESERVER to host dayz is and was a bad idea.

they have no ddoss protection unlike villayer... ALSO... if u remove the hacker from your server and they do get butt hurt enough to attack your server.

NO 1 CAN DO ANYTHING.... all u can do is watch the service u pay for be destroyed..

devs wont do anything... DO NOT USE GAMESERVERS TO HOST YOUR DAYZ SERVER... IF U DO... CHANGE IT IMMEDIATELY!

looks like everywhere u turn for help about this game or its services theres never anyone to help?

hate to rant but this is a joke... also can someone explain why ip address's for servers are displayed for the world to see?

Well, first off, this is not the right thread for this, but I personally highly appreciate the warning. I am currently renting with Fragnet myself, they seem to be fairly well protected, but their competence regarding bugfixing for the DayZ SA servers could definitely be better.

I reckon IP addresses are displayed so people will be able to connect to the server. Your IP is also visible to all servers you visit, so why shouldnt any visitors to your server not be able to see its IP? IP secrecy is completely unnecessary as long as the GSP has proper protective systems in place. I happen to be a customer of Gameservers (only for TS3, mind you) and am definitely going to reconsider my subscription with them after reading this. Thank you.

3rd and first person are different server types thus do not share.  You can play on any third person public server and keep the same third person character, same when switching to first person.  Public and private servers do not share and as far as I know, it's one character per private server.

They are not quite private servers they are private shards which means you can have more than 1 server on this shard. Such as the servers that i play on belong to the hell in a handbasket private shard which includes just 2 first  person servers. (but otherwise everything you said was correct.

Damn it, stopped playing for a while, now I can only play for certain periods then my fram rate goes down to single digits. Been doint what others are saying to change frame rate, but it is still happening. Funny thing is my FPS rate starts out at 30 FPS, then after a few minutes of playing I go down to single digits and I just log off. Anybody else experience this?

So when will the "Please Wait" screens be fixed? I spend more time looking at that screen then the actual countdown screen. 

So when will the "Please Wait" screens be fixed? I spend more time looking at that screen then the actual countdown screen. 

You mean the 60 second countdown when you switch servers too quickly? ;)

You mean the 60 second countdown when you switch servers too quickly? ;)

No, I don't care about that time screen. I care about having to wait almost double the amount of time of the actual countdown while the screen just stays on "Please Wait"

I sit here waiting 59,58,57... then please wait comes up, 2-3 minutes go by then I am finally loaded into the server. Almost everyone of my clan members have to deal with this.

I honestly want to know what the devs are doing, the development of this game is extremely slow, with almost 60mil just from alpha sales you would think they would hire more then 5 guys to develop the game.

Still no hotfix for .50...

Process of dayz sa, 1 step forward 100 things broken.

I don't mind the wait time but come on, how are you still breaking and creating the same bugs from last year?

No, I don't care about that time screen. I care about having to wait almost double the amount of time of the actual countdown while the screen just stays on "Please Wait"

I sit here waiting 59,58,57... then please wait comes up, 2-3 minutes go by then I am finally loaded into the server. Almost everyone of my clan members have to deal with this.

I honestly want to know what the devs are doing, the development of this game is extremely slow, with almost 60mil just from alpha sales you would think they would hire more then 5 guys to develop the game.

Still no hotfix for .50...

Process of dayz sa, 1 step forward 100 things broken.

I don't mind the wait time but come on, how are you still breaking and creating the same bugs from last year?

Bugs from last year ?! I didn't realize the standalone was released last November (it wasn't)! .. And if you don't mind the wait why are you complaining about the wait for these bugs to be fixed lawl ... But anyways the 2-3 minute hang really isn't that bad and i'd imagine it's tied to something deep like server optimization so it might not be as quick of a fix as people think . Patience padawan. Harrison ford is Han Solo once again .

Plus it only happens if you hop servers anyway...

Plus it only happens if you hop servers anyway...

No, it happens when you join a server after the server crashed, the game crashes, the server restarts, you logged out to go pee or whatever other reason you have for leaving a server. I leave a server maybe five or six times every play session and almost always its only volontary one of those times. It is really quite annoying as the wait can sometimes be quite long. But I would rather have the annoying false sounds fixed as its way more annoying hearing someone opening a soda, rifling through their ammo or shooting a bow even when theres nobody around.

• Like 1

I am so used to the waiting screen by now, I don't even mind it. I play a round of bejeweled, feed my dog, wipe the kitchen counters, ... I mean there's so much you can do to help those little minutes go by.

From the view point of "Well, I can't play all day and it's wasting my time.", Yes, I get that, and it does suck. Just have faith that eventually they'll get to a good system set up, until then, be patient and smile a bit just for fun :P

• Like 1

I am so used to the waiting screen by now, I don't even mind it. I play a round of bejeweled, feed my dog, wipe the kitchen counters, ... I mean there's so much you can do to help those little minutes go by.

From the view point of "Well, I can't play all day and it's wasting my time.", Yes, I get that, and it does suck. Just have faith that eventually they'll get to a good system set up, until then, be patient and smile a bit just for fun :P

Beans for your zombie dog.