SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Loot is so broken.. Devs please look into this ASAP... so far since the patch I have logged over 25 hours and countless military bases, I have found:

- ZERO AK101 magazines, 7-8 AK101s

- 30+ AKM magazines, ZERO AKMs

- 10+ AKM-74u / AKM-74s, ZERO magazines for both

The only weapons I'm finding magazines for and also finding the weapons are the Makarov.

It seems if the weapon is spawning, the magazines for them aren't spawning at all.. and vica versa.. if the magazine is spawning, then the weapon is not spawning AT ALL

I've been putting some time into the game since the patch and even in the crazy loot baracks and buildings I have yet to find an akm, plenty of ak101's and ak74's but no mags, and like you the mags I find are always for the akm

the main problem right now in this patch is that it is way to easy to run all the way across the map and never be hungry or be thirsty. head more towards the survival aspect of the game so that we have a reason to hunt or fish etc, right now you just eat a few cans of beans and can run for a week. its stupid

Despite having no luck in buildings, I did in fact find one on the back seat of a car luckily in Severograd. Then typically after trying to find one for 2 or 3 days they started spawning everywhere.

Same as well. I started in the town next to nova sveljo or something like that and saw nothing. I even killed a player and nothing. Then I checked the train and found a mp 133 and mosin next to each other in the same cart.(was lucky indeed) I ended up taking the shotgun and continued my journey. In between severograd and nova the parking lot had a police car and inside I found a derringer with ammo next to it I looked a little more and found a mosin next to a truck. I went to severograd and went down into grishino. In grishino I noticed when I needed to stitch up I went to a ugly yellow and light blue house and inside I found a magnum. Not sure if this was a player so I took and went on. At the edge of the town I found another type like that and found another magnum.this tells me that this house now always spawns with a gun. Server restarted and so I joined a new server. I went back into the same house and found a long horn. This proves my guess that that house always has a gun it. I went down to the military base near nw airfeild when my journey was ended.(thinking of pfacticing more in shooting not very good at it). I also noticed that the barracks and prison were jammed with loot on some occasions. If you need a gun bad check a train, vehicle, or a ugly yellow light blue one story house. Almost garrentied a gun.

I just looted Staroye, it had bugged out and every loot spawn was PACKED with loot, like those screenshots people have been posting, In the police station I found 5 MP5Ks and loads of mags, loads of M1911s and P1s and mags for them and about 4 AK74s but not a single mag.

Its odd. Some places have no loot whatsoever even in police stations. But I go to a remote town with a police station all I see is crap tons of loot. The glitch is good and bad in some ways but I hope they fix it. Along with wells and guns randomly disappearing.

the main problem right now in this patch is that it is way to easy to run all the way across the map and never be hungry or be thirsty. head more towards the survival aspect of the game so that we have a reason to hunt or fish etc, right now you just eat a few cans of beans and can run for a week. its stupid

I wish I had this issue, I've starved and dehydrated several times.

I wish I had this issue, I've starved and dehydrated several times.

lol, me too      ;)

Also i've never shot a single bullet, the only time i found the right bullets for the gun i was carrying i got shot in the back      :(

Still an amazing game, even if i can't find any servers this morning.......is it just me?

Still an amazing game, even if i can't find any servers this morning.......is it just me?

Weekly server maintenance, every wednesday 6.00 GMT

Weekly server maintenance, every wednesday 6.00 GMT

Thx M8, didn't know it, i played the Arma 2 mod more than a year ago then bought the standalone late this year.

How long does it take usually?

Anyway the game is great, even if i was expecting more zombies. With the last patch they are more dangerous, but not as much as in the standalone, i have to make big mistakes to get kill by them.

Interaction with other players is great too, a lot kill on sight, and that's great, because you'll never know what the next player you meet will do......the other day someone revive me and heal my brocken leg, then we go around for a while looking for revenge.

It would be cool if the characters change, like the more you survive, the more you'll look old (longer beard, ruined face, etc).

How long does it take usually?.

Number one hate answer: Until it's done :)

Usually, it takes 3 - 4 hours, but the only real fact is that it takes as long as they work on the servers.

• Like 1

Number one hate answer: Until it's done :)

Usually, it takes 3 - 4 hours, but the only real fact is that it takes as long as they work on the servers.

ahahah seems legit     ;)

I don't think its stupid.

First off you need to be able to move around the map fairly quickly. Can you imagine how boring the game would be if you could not run across the map to meet up with your friend within a reasonable time? The unlimited run perk we have now is very much needed until we can get basic transportation.

Second thing i want to say is that in real life you could also go for weeks without starve to death. I agree it can't be this long in the game, because that will eliminate the need for food for most people. But i think current time frame to starve is not far off. In my opinion they just need to make food loot much more rare. Then you would be forced to fish and hunt. Food should be one of the most valuable items in this game.

Edited by skoms

Do anyone know if the 0,51 experimental will be rolled out today?

I'm ready to play DayZ all day, and it would be fun to test out a new experimental branch.

Do anyone know if the 0,51 experimental will be rolled out today?

I'm ready to play DayZ all day, and it would be fun to test out a new experimental branch.

Locked test-server 50.125415. Will prob. be up today..

Locked test-server 50.125415. Will prob. be up today..

Sweet:)

Thanks for answer.

Which is the complete opposite of how 0.50 was on Experimental... and it's purely to do with population density from what I can tell. Stable is always going to be "easier" given the same parameters to work with because the servers are generally thinly populated by comparison to Experimental where there are a very limited number of servers for everyone to play on. If they crank up the difficulty too high in regards to finding sustenance this early on, Experimental will become impossible to play.

Edited by Tatanko

Which is the complete opposite of how 0.50 was on Experimental... and it's purely to do with population density from what I can tell. Stable is always going to be "easier" given the same parameters to work with because the servers are generally thinly populated by comparison to Experimental where there are a very limited number of servers for everyone to play on. If they crank up the difficulty too high in regards to finding sustenance this early on, Experimental will become impossible to play.

Indeed There needs to be a slight balance to allowing the bambis to find food and gear up to a basic level in order to survive and having food overly abundant making the need to hunt and fish a moot subject. As you say, I had a terrible time in experimental trying to get to a level where I was not like a injuried/starving gazelle on the plains of the Serengetti. I was constantly finding the houses empty. The only real way to survive was to make your way to a secluded town, log out and then log in just after the server was reset and food was abundant for a short while.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

^^^If I recall correctly some people (no more than other patches from what I can tell) are reporting constant character reset. I think I have seen a few threads and replies to threads where people are still experiencing this.

I replied to a thread where a new comer to Day Z was getting very frustrated b/c his character was resetting after a server restart. He/She was joining the server too quickly after it restarted where you're subject to losing your charcater / resetting it. 

Example: If you're on a server where the start time is 12:30 and the server restarts - you'll notice in the server browser once its showing back up that the time on the server will show 08:00 for a few moments. If you join during that time, you risk losing your character and will spawn in a new location. If you wait and refresh the server browser until it shows the correct time the server should start at (12:30 in this example), then its safe to join and you won't lose your character. 

On another note regarding body temperature - I was hot again yesterday only wearing my UK assault vest, TTSKO pants and hunters backpack. I stopped running in fear i'd overheat too much so decided since I was near the coast to go for a swim. I stripped down all my gear and walked into the water and waded for 5 mins. Not once during that 5 mins. of wading in the water did I start to cool down. I had to swim closer to shore where I could go prone and lay under the water. As soon as I was fully submerged, I then began to "Rapidly cool off" and after then started to get the notices "I am running out of air". 

So needless to say, cooling off in the water needs a little tweaking. You shouldn't need to be completely submerged to cool off the entire body. Does anybody know if this has been reported to the dev tracker? I have a little video I made to document the process I just described. Be happy to upload it to youtube and share with the dev's if needs be. 

I thought all instances were suppose to reset today, its all the same stuff as yesterday on the private shard I'm playing on, wth?

Indeed There needs to be a slight balance to allowing the bambis to find food and gear up to a basic level in order to survive and having food overly abundant making the need to hunt and fish a moot subject. As you say, I had a terrible time in experimental trying to get to a level where I was not like a injuried/starving gazelle on the plains of the Serengetti. I was constantly finding the houses empty. The only real way to survive was to make your way to a secluded town, log out and then log in just after the server was reset and food was abundant for a short while.

I am typically against server-hopping, but even I concede to its necessity on Experimental sometimes. When you have no other choice, you do what you have to do. I would rather do that a couple of times and get back to exploring than waste all of my time struggling pointlessly. Stable is a different story.

Has anyone else noticed the massive spike in loot inside the firestation? Before I post a pic, was this planned, is it just Elektro, or could it just be the server I played. If no one else has experienced this, I'll post a screenshot. 

Has anyone else noticed the massive spike in loot inside the firestation? Before I post a pic, was this planned, is it just Elektro, or could it just be the server I played. If no one else has experienced this, I'll post a screenshot. 

No its an issue with persistence in 0.50. If you scroll back several pages you'll see people have posted about it. Its mainly why we turned it off on my server until another release. 

I thought all instances were suppose to reset today, its all the same stuff as yesterday on the private shard I'm playing on, wth?

I thought so too b/c I keep seeing the message that BEC displays in game stating to pick up your tents and gear before Wednesdays b/c they wipe everything out. Maybe they're not wiping characters, rather just loot on the ground.....

Edited by The Riddler

Maybe they are just refreshing all containers instead of servers ? Or maybe they will reset later tonight , id be very careful all day for you tent goers the "stuff reset" can happen any time :/ .....

Maybe they are just refreshing all containers instead of servers ? Or maybe they will reset later tonight , id be very careful all day for you tent goers the "stuff reset" can happen any time :/ .....

I think a more accurate way of putting it is that, "Anything can happen at any time."  :P

I think a more accurate way of putting it is that, "Anything can happen at any time." :P

This is very true , and frightening :0 !