SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

No mention of a hotfix and they pushed 0.51 to experimental a lot sooner than I was expecting. What i'm hoping is they roll 0.51 to stable next week which would address the well issue for sure. Can't really speak to the other issues, but on the subject of heli-crash sites - I found one on my way up to Vybor last night and was very happy to find a 60 round (30X2) clip(s) for my M4 :) No issues with looting it. 

The riddler - was that a persistant server if u remember? Because I've been hearing people say they haven't found crashes when going to every site, but a lot of people saying they've found them in the same 3 spawn points - 1 at vybor and 2 at the nwaf. I'm confused atm, I can't wait till they're fixed

No mention of a hotfix and they pushed 0.51 to experimental a lot sooner than I was expecting.

The reason they pushed 0.51 to exp was obviously the introducion of the new active anti cheat because they deemed it ready for it to be tested on a larger playerbase than their internal builds. No major addition in terms of mechanics or items otherwise. And wells are still buggy, but not completely broken anymore.  ( Can drink from any, but can only fill up canteens and bottles on some ).

Edited by ChainReactor

The riddler - was that a persistant server if u remember? Because I've been hearing people say they haven't found crashes when going to every site, but a lot of people saying they've found them in the same 3 spawn points - 1 at vybor and 2 at the nwaf. I'm confused atm, I can't wait till they're fixed

Sorry I should have been more clear. I was on my own server with persistence off. I have not found one yet on a server with persistence on.  

Hopefully the experimental branch, which happens to be performing 100x's better than stable, will be pushed out next week.  Fix all the broken shit this last patch caused

Stable will only get an update once a month unless somehow completely unplayable by EVERYONE.

Experimental gets weekly updates and the combination of the work from those updates is packaged into a most comprehensive and playable stable that then gets released.

I have a feeling you knew this already but may have forgotten.

"Hotfixes" are not necessary just because you some people think they are.

That would be a real waste of resources in my opinion.

Have we even seen any "hotfixes" on stable ever?

I think I recall a couple for experimental but only when causing widespread crashing.

Edited by BioHaze

Yup, just the 1 then?

This illustrates my point; hotfixes would usually only be pushed out if found needed for widespread crash fix, like the fixes listed in the link.

Point is, the experimental build is running way better than stable is.  As in, things work.  In my eyes, it's good to go live on stable.  Whether or not they do this doesn't matter to me.

I quit playing until a fix is addressed and will shut off my master server until it is addressed we password and locked up last night hopefully these are fixed by sunday or the servers going off for awhile

I quit playing until a fix is addressed and will shut off my master server until it is addressed we password and locked up last night hopefully these are fixed by sunday or the servers going off for awhile

Elaborate on a fix?

No problem. You're welcome to try mine (see signature below for server info) ! I'm going to be on later this afternoon and am going to stick around Vybor to look again for another crash site. We restart every 4 hours so plenty of opportunity to find one! I was so surprised to find a 60 round clip (2x 30 round clips). My buddy also got a skull mask. Other than that, it was a bunch of military hats but still cool to find. 

Edited by The Riddler

Can someone edit the 1st post to add list of knows issues. 

I'm having overheating status when i'm on hold or hot server....i even had hyperthermic status and i had to jump to the lake to cool of but it only came to overheating....i've been there for like 10 minutes and nothing happers. 

My overheating status is always there. Is there a solution or it's a bug?

Can someone edit the 1st post to add list of knows issues. 

I'm having overheating status when i'm on hold or hot server....i even had hyperthermic status and i had to jump to the lake to cool of but it only came to overheating....i've been there for like 10 minutes and nothing happers. 

My overheating status is always there. Is there a solution or it's a bug?

The only way i've been able to successfully cool off is if you completely submerge yourself while in the prone position. Make sure and take off your gear b/c you risk losing it in the water and you can't fish it back out. 

Follow up to my previous post about .5 I'm at 183 hours now and haven't died since the new update

- *** Massive bug *** - You can put items in 6 slot shirts and vests into 4 slot spaces. Shirts inside of shirts inside of vests. Which means.... near limitless storage as long as there are more shirts and vests to find. This could explain a massive lack in loot availability as server hoppers can hoard it all. I think this would also protect the items inside too. Using items not on the hot bar would be a pain in the ass haha

- Helicopter loot seems pretty crappy. Found 3 helis since .5 not really any good loot

- Loot spawns seem universally odd. On many servers just about everything is empty in every town and than just a few over loaded buildings 

- Wells, yeah .51 fixes this woo

- Food. After you spawn and get to healthy status you don't need to eat again unless you take damage

- Hydration the rate will be fine once wells are fixed a bit annoying to only fill from ponds/rain for now

- Military loot is odd....  I have never seen an AK74 or AK101 mag. Never seen an AKM 75 round drum. I find AKM mags occasionally. Seen one Mp5 and never an MP5 mag. 

- Could we have all bananas be usable for the face and head? I have seen only two face wearable bananas ever. 

- Still have never found a tent ever

- Items disappearing when dropped still happens. Especially with items like guns in your hand.

- Major annoyance is a animation glitch with rangefinders / binoculars where you keep rising and lowering them hard to break the cycle

- Still have odd noises every once a while that don't make sense. Chewing /drinking etc when no one is around. 

Other notes:

- I haven't broken my legs randomly woohoo!

- Performance is a little chunky around some towns now. Yet, the game is a LOT more stable overall when it comes to less frequency of crashes.

- Cooking works now!!!!! At least with a fire place kit I'm so happy with this.

Anyway yup I know it's an Alpha well aware of this. Just reporting my findings so far. Huge progress with this update and so exciting to see vehicles coming soon!

- *** Massive bug *** - You can put items in 6 slot shirts and vests into 4 slot spaces. Shirts inside of shirts inside of vests. Which means.... near limitless storage as long as there are more shirts and vests to find. This could explain a massive lack in loot availability as server hoppers can hoard it all. I think this would also protect the items inside too. Using items not on the hot bar would be a pain in the ass haha

This isn't a bug, and was always like that. The first time I saw this was back in December 2013, where I didn't like the TTsKO jacket much, but since they had 6 item slots, I used them to store items just like the yellow protective cases, and use to wear a green hoodie or raincoat instead. Not really a bug, since you can't directly access items by using "show content" like the cases, but you can still put mags and clips in the and press "r" to reload your weapon, or put other items and use the action bar numbers to quickly access them.

- Helicopter loot seems pretty crappy. Found 3 helis since .5 not really any good loot

This is very random, but I've been actively searched them, and found quite a few. I've found quite the good loot at these, so it's pretty much luck, but still, UH-60 crash sites had great loot for me.

- Military loot is odd....  I have never seen an AK74 or AK101 mag. Never seen an AKM 75 round drum. I find AKM mags occasionally. Seen one Mp5 and never an MP5 mag. 

AK74, AK101 : Those mags only spawns in long barracks. Be sure to check under the beds. I've found more AK74 mags than AK101 in 0.50 stable. Again, various experiences will occur.

- Items disappearing when dropped still happens. Especially with items like guns in your hand.

Those usually are due to desync, and are dropped at the last updated position of your character, so you need to trace back your footsteps. Sometimes, the items will go back to where you picked them due to this desync glitch.(Yes, item disappearing still happens, but they don't disappear completely...)

- Cooking works now!!!!! At least with a fire place kit I'm so happy with this.

Well, the first time I cooked meat was in 0.45 experimental, on May 25nd, and it was working. You had to be quick, and you still do, to remove the things you're cooking before they burn. The cooking time has always varied, but now it varies more depending on temperature and various weather.

• Like 1

Why is the Ashwood Improvised Bow now white? And also whenever you're eating something and you right click a M9A1 bayonet, it says cancel skinning and quartering. Just thought I would throw it out there

yeah i have the same experience with loot... Sometimes i explore entire city just to find books and other useless junk, even after server restart i came in the same house and it had the same loot in it as before restart. I often find like 15 books in one pile. i serverhoped like 15 times while in pavlovo military base and it was allways looted. Im just unlucky i guess.

How about sticking to the truth and telling everyone how you were warned for calling the Moderators and Devs names as well as spreading lies without backing it up with evidence to make the development look bad?

You shouldn't really be surprised if you get a timeout for that.

dont want to argue in this thread here, but to let you know:

here you get the backup about my "lies": http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2bopv3/i_can_only_hope_that_one_day_the_dayz_anticheat/ somewhere in the middle. rocket said its not possible for hackers to effect players. but it was still when i quit playing.(months after his post!) also exactly the patched hacks still worked.

look into the "whats the actual hackingstatus" thread. when someone started to talk about the "group teleport" and a mod answered "Pic or it didnt happened", as mods you shoud act more serious about that! and not stamp this guy directly as a liar.

there are still more things ive seen but i forget where.

and to bad i dont remember the thread, which someone started to ask a question and a mod answered with a trollpost. and after this another user asked him why he starts to troll him- and the mod tried to bluff it out.

and now tell me how does it appear when there was a hackingthread, is getting locked at the same time where nearly everyone is complaining about that hacking is getting out of control? Same happened to every new thread started about hacking.

yeah and complaining about that got me banned

thx

Edited by newguyzombie

Well, "pics or it didn't happen" is a valid way of telling you to STFU if you don't have proof .. We all know there are hacks in the game just please suck it up and when you're called out on something you can't provide proof for , don't get embarrassed just simply tell them "I don't have proof this time , but I will do everything in my power to RECORD next time". It's really not that hard and if you don't have the care to just record your play session next time then the devs should not have to care about Delving into one of the many (most likely) fraudulent "hack accusations".

It's like a witch hunt , people can't just believe you on your word , I mean if you were a dev working on the game would you stop everything you're doing to go see if these 100 kids complaining about hacks with no real proof are actually getting hacked (ten times a day as well ) ? That's counter-intuitive and instead you could just be a responsible alpha player and record at all times if you're this paranoid of both hackers and "trolling devs/ mods" ..

It's not like they (devs/mods) don't care but when a thousand of "you people" come to a reddit thread to say (without evidence) that you've been hacked , it's more of a blatant "your incompetent devs " considering all these kids that get hacked start out with " this game fucking sucks , there's still hax after almost a year Of alpha ?!?" And even if they don't start like that they get like that when a mod (justly so) says "pics or it didn't happen ". So let's end this witch hunt , zombie if you don't have proof don't bother posting because we know there are hacks but no proof accusations make NO difference and don't help at all .

But on another note I can't wait til cannibalism makes it's way to this stable branch :) such madness ...

Well, "pics or it didn't happen" is a valid way of telling you to STFU if you don't have proof .. We all know there are hacks in the game just please suck it up and when you're called out on something you can't provide proof for , don't get embarrassed just simply tell them "I don't have proof this time , but I will do everything in my power to RECORD next time". It's really not that hard and if you don't have the care to just record your play session next time then the devs should not have to care about Delving into one of the many (most likely) fraudulent "hack accusations".

It's like a witch hunt , people can't just believe you on your word , I mean if you were a dev working on the game would you stop everything you're doing to go see if these 100 kids complaining about hacks with no real proof are actually getting hacked (ten times a day as well ) ? That's counter-intuitive and instead you could just be a responsible alpha player and record at all times if you're this paranoid of both hackers and "trolling devs/ mods" ..

It's not like they (devs/mods) don't care but when a thousand of "you people" come to a reddit thread to say (without evidence) that you've been hacked , it's more of a blatant "your incompetent devs " considering all these kids that get hacked start out with " this game fucking sucks , there's still hax after almost a year Of alpha ?!?" And even if they don't start like that they get like that when a mod (justly so) says "pics or it didn't happen ". So let's end this witch hunt , zombie if you don't have proof don't bother posting because we know there are hacks but no proof accusations make NO difference and don't help at all .

But on another note I can't wait til cannibalism makes it's way to this stable branch :) such madness ...

this was told by the form mods. not by the devs. and the fact is "pic or it didnt happened" means you call someone a liar. and i got banned for ranting about such behavoir in a rant topic(special made for ranting). and if you are a forum-mod, you have to be respectful or the whole system doesnt work - trolling and stamping users as liars is not respectful! and i just wanted to post the proof here that i was not lying other than kichilron said.

Edited by newguyzombie

Anyone else opened a can of food and got .380 bullets instead of food?