TheFarm

Christmas Ceasefire

I think the problem here is that PvE barely exists at the moment.

Sooo taking away PvP, even momentarily, is taking away generally any and all satisfaction of the game right now.

On that note, I'm not necessarily saying I refuse to participate in the ceasefire, just that it seems to be asking alot from people; and in that sense doesn't seem to be a realistic expectation. Lol. Now in the mod where we actually had a fair number of zombies to be somewhat of a threat (although still not much of one to the experienced hardcore player), it was at least plausible.

Running around without any threat of players just seems too easy, so I probably won't even play on xmas. But then again I don't play that much already since I'm waiting for a more polished state, more PvE threat in general to be specific. The game is awesome for what is is though. I've been playing this series since the DayZmod 0.60 days.

Edited by bonesnap

I played the game during last Christmas, but that there was some kind of "ceasefire" going on at the time is news to me. I certainly experienced none of it.

I LOVE this idea.. And so should EVERYONE. Its not like we expect everyone to be lifelong friends or change a whole way of Gaming.

That would be ridiculous.

But JUST for the Christmas period.  A Ceasefire. cant be a BAD thing surely.

Imagine NOT having to worry if that Geared up dude is friend or foe.

Being able to loot in peace. Have a laugh. Meetups And yes truck races lol

Decorate a town with Chemlights 

WTF guys.? Its ONCE a year.

Shake off the bandit for once.

I personally WILL abide by the ceasefire. And Hope everyone else does too.

What say you.?

You know dam good and well it will not work. Sure allot of people may follow even mingle......this is the standalone, you know dam well some asshat will start shooting and turn into a complete cluster fuck. Good luck with that. <_<

It won't work, when a streamer meetup happens and only subscribers know which server is the meetup (trusted people) even then people are likely to kill eachother for fun.

Plus, what will the foreigners do? They probably don't even know what ceasefire means, how are you going to make sure they won't shoot us in the face?

Edited by Yazar8

Or if they added drinkable alcohol get drunk and fist zombies while naked.

I mean fist in every sense of the word.

How drunk are you right now?

The only way a truce can be introduced is if it's applied server side and the weapons simply don't fire, ie: a "hard solution". Any other "soft solution" which involves players not to shoot each other would be broken in seconds by KoS/Bandits who will see this as open season.

The thing is, last christmas most idiotic teens 12-14 didn't have DayZ standalone.

By now I'm sure they all begged their parents money and now those squeakers you always here will decide to be "clever" and ruin this peaceful day.

Im not going to bother because of this truth. It is almost guaranteed that the game is flooded with annoying little shits that are off of school.

I don't celebrate Christmas though. I guess it wouldn't apply to me. 

We all know who the you tuber morgan freeman is...well his videos are staged basicly, but dam funny. From what I understand he did a "penthouse party" video, and he had recruited some extras if you will. Well guess what happened.......there of cource was an asshat in this group, he began shooting at the "party goers". They ended up in this really confusing shoot out were even morgan freeman ended up dieing. That was not staged lol You cant even shoot a funny staged you tube video about dayz without some fucking idiot screwing everything up and screwing over everyone.

X-mas cease fire my ass.......you wanna do this on a public server LOL good luck with that one. 

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

The only way a truce can be introduced is if it's applied server side and the weapons simply don't fire, ie: a "hard solution". Any other "soft solution" which involves players not to shoot each other would be broken in seconds by KoS/Bandits who will see this as open season.

This. A truly peaceful situation in DayZ is tenuous at best and will always have an air of tension about it even when nothing bad is happening or likely to happen. You could see this as bad, but I just see it as "the way that DayZ is." Really the only way to create even uneasy peace is for the people in attendance to be heavily screened, heavily restricted, and have something hanging over their heads as a consequence for violating said peace.

I don't celebrate Christmas though. I guess it wouldn't apply to me. 

http://gawker.com/christmas-is-a-wonderful-secular-holiday-1665427426

For what it's worth: rather than following a broad goal of getting the whole world to agree to a ceasefire, I'm throwing a small holiday gathering of my own in-game for a few friends :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

We all know who the you tuber morgan freeman is...well his videos are staged basicly, but dam funny. From what I understand he did a "penthouse party" video, and he had recruited some extras if you will. Well guess what happened.......there of cource was an asshat in this group, he began shooting at the "party goers". They ended up in this really confusing shoot out were even morgan freeman ended up dieing. That was not staged lol You cant even shoot a funny staged you tube video about dayz without some fucking idiot screwing everything up and screwing over everyone.

X-mas cease fire my ass.......you wanna do this on a public server LOL good luck with that one. 

Maybe this vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYvnviSD7lQ

• Like 1

This. A truly peaceful situation in DayZ is tenuous at best and will always have an air of tension about it even when nothing bad is happening or likely to happen. You could see this as bad, but I just see it as "the way that DayZ is." Really the only way to create even uneasy peace is for the people in attendance to be heavily screened, heavily restricted, and have something hanging over their heads as a consequence for violating said peace.

http://gawker.com/christmas-is-a-wonderful-secular-holiday-1665427426

For what it's worth: rather than following a broad goal of getting the whole world to agree to a ceasefire, I'm throwing a small holiday gathering of my own in-game for a few friends :)

Damn. I thought I was going to be off the hook.

One of the extras shoot another video too, he showed up to the party late and they were all dead. LOL What a asshat idiot that did that too....whats he trying to prove. I like love those morgan freeman videos.

Marry X-Mas! A perfect example of why an xmas cease fire would not work...LOL..

Edited by CJFlint

Ceasefire?! :huh:  

I guess Ill play something else for the day then.. :(

Ceasefire?! :huh:  

I guess Ill play something else for the day then.. :(

I vote for a Christmas Slay Ride

I came here because someone told me about it in-game. I found their tents in the wood and they were friendly enough to give me some bolts for my crossbow and a Leather Jacket. I hunted some game for them and we all happy now. This idea is controversial, but if the people quit being assholes it would be very productive

I vote for a Christmas Slay Ride

Was that a pun or did you mistakenly misspell sleigh? :p

Was that a pun or did you mistakenly misspell sleigh? :P

Guess we'll have to wait until Christmas to find out  ;)

if the people quit being assholes it would be very productive

you do realize were talking about HUMANS right?

I no understand this words? Sissy fire? This mean for to kill all noob?

k

As much as I love this game, I have better things to do on Christmas day, or is this supposed to be for the week? In either case, it will not be observed.

• Like 1

As much as I love this game, I have better things to do on Christmas day, or is this supposed to be for the week? In either case, it will not be observed.

You prob will not be missing much lol Even if they did do this "cease fire", it would prob turn into a gaint cluster fuck knowing this game.....I prob not playing on X-mas either..Hopefully if it does happen there will be some entertaining train wreck videos atleast. You know the video you watch and after it makes you feel sooo much better about your self LOL.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

The fuel stations are great gathering places. I can start a fire for us to keep warm.

• Like 1

The fuel stations are great gathering places. I can start a fire for us to keep warm.

Yeah I'll keep watch up on that hill near by, were I got a good view of the pumps......I ment I ment any bandits that might wreck the party...We will make sure no one hurts the holiday party goers ;)  ;)  ;)

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1