Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Private Shard Pricing is Outrageous

No, mods never ruin any game. Mods in DayZ Mod only provided alternate gamemodes that you, personally, did not like. There were still 'hardcore' and 'vanilla' servers, just many preferred to play on what they considered enhanced versions.

Just because you believe DayZ must be played in one singular purist way does not mean everybody else does. Not allowing modding will detract from both custom 'hardcore' modes and custom 'easy' modes. Let people have the tools to make what they want with the game. How the fuck is that bad?

There is no difference they don't ruin the game per say,but they don't make extra cash for the game devs that made the game either so why would you spend time making mod tools if there is no cash in it for the game devs?

I wouldn't make it base solely on that if i ran the company...

Then i would start making maps and charge you 15dollars for them....

And that is every body that wants to play on them..

Go look at COD ,the battlefield series..there is your answer..

And trust me it will come in to dayz at some stage..

People got the chance to mod Arma 2. This eventually produced DayZ mod and then SA title that already made some nice profit for Bohemia.

Anyway, I can't believe how stupid some people are:

"I like apples, I don't like oranges. Banning oranges is not enough, we need to force everyone to eat apples!"

• Like 1

Hello there

I dont think mods ruined the game, what was a pain was that so many peoples wanted an easy ride and that many sys admins provided that style server as they were popular.

Mods greatly extend the life of games.

When DAYZ gets opened up to mods youll see a shift towards the easy and "Dayz life" games by many. Hopefully there will be some stalwarts Admins who dont go down the easy "donations" and 1000 vehicle route.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

No, mods never ruin any game. Mods in DayZ Mod only provided alternate gamemodes that you, personally, did not like. There were still 'hardcore' and 'vanilla' servers, just many preferred to play on what they considered enhanced versions.

Just because you believe DayZ must be played in one singular purist way does not mean everybody else does. Not allowing modding will detract from both custom 'hardcore' modes and custom 'easy' modes. Let people have the tools to make what they want with the game. How the fuck is that bad?

No they did ruin the game. The game is a survival game in a zombie apocalypse scavenging for gear. That is the game.

1000+ vehicle and barracks, gear everywhere plus dumbed down zombies that are a nuisance is not a zombie survival game.

Modding does not always make games better, no matter how many times you keep asserting it.

Presumably Armed Assault 2 unmodded is another version of DayZ but without zombies and gear to pick up as well, right?

There comes a point where something completely diverges from something else and is no longer part of the original. This is why you control your vision of the game so it doesn't turn into a sack of shit like the mod did.

why do you keep hiding my posts admins ?

im mentioning the prices ?

dont you want people knowing the prices or finding out a deal has been done with private shards/servrs?

private shard servers are a third dearer than normal servers for no reason !

admins are just hiding posts illustrating this. go to multiplay check the pricing.

there is no technical reason for charging you a extra third for the same thing.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/dayzs-dayzsprivateserverandhive/

normal server price 30 man = per month £33.01

private shard price 30 man = per month  £50.94

please hide my post again then it goes on all media sites. hiding basic info that is true just because you dont like it. so sad.

why do you keep hiding my posts admins ?

im mentioning the prices ?

dont you want people knowing the prices or finding out a deal has been done with private shards/servrs?

private shard servers are a third dearer than normal servers for no reason !

admins are just hiding posts illustrating this. go to multiplay check the pricing.

there is no technical reason for charging you a extra third for the same thing.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/dayzs-dayzsprivateserverandhive/

normal server price 30 man = per month £33.01

private shard price 30 man = per month  £50.94

please hide my post again then it goes on all media sites. hiding basic info that is true just because you dont like it. so sad.

Take your tinfoil hat off for a second... They're more expensive because they require their own hive, therefore more resources...

Your posts are probably being hidden because you're posting the same nonsense over and over again. Do you really think it makes a difference if people know the prices? Do you not think people might check them before renting a server?

Edited by Mos1ey

i posted it once and was hidden. that why i posted it again.

it was the first post with the actual prices. so tin foil hat off. :rolleyes:

i posted it once and was hidden. that why i posted it again.

it was the first post with the actual prices. so tin foil hat off. :rolleyes:

The OP has the prices. :huh:

• Like 1

How many players would want to pay for playing on a public hive? Not much. How many would pay to play on a private shard? Quite a lot. That explains the prices. Those guys are there to make money, they are not non-profit organizations.

Edited by Karakoz

The OP has the prices. :huh:

this is exactly what i mean !! :rolleyes:

they arent even the right prices :rolleyes:

take ya tinfoil hat off :lol:

the prices i posted are correct on multiplay. so instead of hiding my posts and guessing at my intentions read and understand.

this is exactly what i mean !! :rolleyes:

they arent even the right prices :rolleyes:

take ya tinfoil hat off :lol:

the prices i posted are correct on multiplay. so instead of hiding my posts and guessing at my intentions read and understand.

You didn't even post the prices, you just went off on one about how the private shard servers are more expensive than other game servers per slot, which is a moot point because you're paying for the resources not the number of players the server can hold, and started encouraging people to boycott the server hosts... I mean gas is more expensive than water per litre, must be conspiracy, right?

Your second hidden post included a link to multiplay's site amongst a rant aimed at forum admin, more conspiracy mongering and threats to post the prices on social media (lol)...

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

How many players would want to pay for playing on a public hive? Not much. How many would pay to play on a private shard? Quite a lot. That explains the prices. Those guys are there to make money, they are not non-profit organizations.

I think more people are paying for public hives. Clans use their servers to gear up, rarely to actually play on. Unfortunately a lot of the server rules are not followed. One of the funniest server names I've seen recently on a 30/30 server was "Ongoing maintenance, constant restarts expected hosted by gamingdeluxe" IE, they're loot farming but think the name will stop people reporting it.

You didn't even post the prices, you just went off on one about how the private shard servers are more expensive than other game servers per slot, which is a moot point because you're paying for the resources not the number of players the server can hold, and started encouraging people to boycott the server hosts... I mean gas is more expensive than water per litre, must be conspiracy, right?

Your second hidden post included a link to multiplay's site amongst a rant aimed at forum admin, more conspiracy mongering and threats to post the prices on social media (lol)...

Hrmm, as a means of boycotting he is going to provide free advertising for the server hosts over social media sites? That'll teach them. I hate how annoying my girlfriend is, I'll teach her a lesson by buying her a new handbag.

• Like 2

They're more expensive because they require their own hive, therefore more resources...

20£ extra, for a locally run DB.. I am extremely doubtful.
  • Like 1

I think more people are paying for public hives. Clans use their servers to gear up, rarely to actually play on. Unfortunately a lot of the server rules are not followed. One of the funniest server names I've seen recently on a 30/30 server was "Ongoing maintenance, constant restarts expected hosted by gamingdeluxe" IE, they're loot farming but think the name will stop people reporting it.

That's still a minority of players. I would never pay for that, because that's cheating imo. But I would pay to play on a private shack. If each player pays 1-2 euros a month, then it's easy to host a server. And they know that. It will just take some time for people to organize their private shacks, but at the end of the day they will make a lot of money with that. Server rules are not respected, that's true. And I'm sure that they don't do much to prevent that because it makes a lot of money. The most stupid name I have seen is "making a video, don't join."  :D

20£ extra, for a locally run DB.. I am extremely doubtful.

Well I obviously don't have access to the DayZ server files so it's hard to say with any amount of certainty, but I would have thought that they can run considerably fewer servers per box and the extra cost is to reimburse them for that.

Well I obviously don't have access to the DayZ server files so it's hard to say with any amount of certainty, but I would have thought that they can run considerably fewer servers per box and the extra cost is to reimburse them for that.

lets cut through the bs . just because its private its being milked.

it doesnt and wont cost the extra third they are making money from doing so. lets not make out they not .

they could provide the same servers for the same price but they are making money they are a business,

i did link the prices before and linked to multiplay. so stop saying i didnt.

basically they have looked at how dayz is.

noticed what groups do and know private hives will often be run by groups who donate to play on those type of servers. so they have added the extra on top.

the stupid thing is they are pricing the servers to dear which means less servers.

funny thing is if you own your own dedibox you could do it yourself . lets see if that changes then you will know if a deal has been done and somekind of extra fee is applied.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Hello there

I dont think there is any conspiracy to fleece folk out of their hard earned cash. Look at PA Early access how much was that?

There could be a multitude of reasons why the prices are the way they are.

Have you thought of Twittering at a dev or looking through reddit?

BI dont have a history of being money grabbers and if anything youll probably find their cashflow rather healthy, It could bell be infrastructure and running costs. Dont forget its not JUST the servers its the infrastructure around them.

For eg, if you ran your own server you need to power it, man it and keep it somewhere. Yes, you have yourself and your house, but those all have to be paid for dont they? Food, clothing etc etc etc it all adds up, so the costs are there but not always where you expect the costs to be.

Rgds

LoK

lets cut through the bs . just because its private its being milked.

it doesnt and wont cost the extra third they are making money from doing so. lets not make out they not .

they could provide the same servers for the same price but they are making money they are a business,

i did link the prices before and linked to multiplay. so stop saying i didnt.

basically they have looked at how dayz is.

noticed what groups do and know private hives will often be run by groups who donate to play on those type of servers. so they have added the extra on top.

the stupid thing is they are pricing the servers to dear which means less servers.

funny thing is if you own your own dedibox you could do it yourself . lets see if that changes then you will know if a deal has been done and somekind of extra fee is applied.

Are you planning on backing any of this up with logical reasoning or am I just wrong because you say so?

Like I already explained - private shards require more resources. They can run fewer servers therefore they obviously can't offer them at the same price... There is no conspiracy here. If they wanted to rip people off, they'd just make all the servers super expensive.

Let's see if what changes? :wacko:

BI dont have a history of being money grabbers 

K then. I'm gone. Mods here are just trolls. Bye

Edited by Mos1ey
You don't need to quote the same post 4 times...
  • Like 1

Are you planning on backing any of this up with logical reasoning or am I just wrong because you say so?

Like I already explained - private shards require more resources. They can run fewer servers therefore they obviously can't offer them at the same price... There is no conspiracy here. If they wanted to rip people off, they'd just make all the servers super expensive.

Let's see if what changes? :wacko:

your right im wrong whatever i say youll or someone else will hide my responses. got really silly on here last few months .

simple thing is this . does it cost one third extra on every server they rent to cover the cost of te private hive = NO!

its that price because they know like the mod this is what most will want and be mainly donations from groups of people . so they will pay it. all the bs about it costs that much it doesnt. a few extra servers would manage the data but they seem to be charging one third extra on every sale to compensate :lol:

its not like each server they rent or each 3rd server needs a server is it ? so basically its just for profit. they are businesses thats what you do its just the they doing it for the resources bs i cant take. just say its business im happy with that.

also if you know otherwise post what extra servers are needed to man the hive and details so we can see the actual figures. ;)  .

Edited by dgeesio

Daniel from Fragnet responded to a lot of the similar sentiment expressed in this thread on Reddit for those interested.

http://www.reddit.com/user/FNET_Daniel

Excellent thank you.

K then. I'm gone. Mods here are just trolls. Bye

Farewell.

L

• Like 2

your right im wrong whatever i say youll or someone else will hide my responses. got really silly on here last few months .

I still don't understand why you're screaming at us this whole time. We're not the ones selling those servers and nor is it BI.

• Like 2

You're buying a server to an insanely horribly optimized game in it's present state. Wtf do you expect? Wait for better server optimization.