Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Private Shard Pricing is Outrageous

I would have loved to set up a private shard, but at those prices no way.

No, official GSP's only.

Is that the plan for the game as it moves past beta and into full release aswell, or will the server files have to be released at some point for modding purposes....opening up the option to host ourselfs?

• Like 1

Good, you want your own PvE servers that are just a name for loot farms, since passwords are allowed, well pay up. 

^^^ This. I like Zod. Sometimes.

I would have loved to set up a private shard, but at those prices no way.

Is that the plan for the game as it moves past beta and into full release aswell, or will the server files have to be released at some point for modding purposes....opening up the option to host ourselfs?

No one knows for sure but it's likely that you will be able to run your own DayZ server in the future.  However it is very unlikely that it  will be connected to the Hive.  It'll be a standalone DayZ Standalone server.

Good, you want your own PvE servers that are just a name for loot farms, since passwords are allowed, well pay up.

Loot farm? Player playing on a Private Shard will have separate character on that shard, that can't be used anywhere else (like with 1st\3rd person servers).
  • Like 2

Loot farm? Player playing on a Private Shard will have separate character on that shard, that can't be used anywhere else (like with 1st\3rd person servers).

yes loot farm. The admin and his cronies loot the server all to themselves gathering the best gear and then allow others to join.

yes loot farm. The admin and his cronies loot the server all to themselves gathering the best gear and then allow others to join.

If they do so, no one will join, and they can't leave...

ill rent a shard when I can set the spawns and everything my way

ill rent a shard when I can set the spawns and everything my way

There are currently no plans to allow users to manipulate loot spawns etc.

• Like 1

There are currently no plans to allow users to manipulate loot spawns etc.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Let's hope it stays that way.

No, sorry. Let's hope it doesn't stay that way.

Why?

Private servers will eventually allow modding. If modding is never added, Rocket and Bohemia can kiss my candy ass, because I will never support them again.

When they allow modding, guess what would be nice to do?

To make servers with either lower loot spawn rates or, well, the obvious higher loot spawn rates. I'd love to be able to play a custom version of the game where, say, there is a lot less bullets, a lot less food, and a lot more challenge. I wouldn't be able to do this if, you know, you got your way.

I know what you fear - The DayZ Mod servers. We all fear that, but, really, this is a fucking video game and people will make it into easy mode if they want.

Just wait for the more rare hardcore servers when we reach that era in a few years...

• Like 3

Players would only be able to jump between servers on that private shard

So yes if there several servers in the shard it will be a loot farm. 

Why?

Private servers will eventually allow modding. If modding is never added, Rocket and Bohemia can kiss my candy ass, because I will never support them again.

To make servers with either lower loot spawn rates or, well, the obvious higher loot spawn rates. I'd love to be able to play a custom version of the game where, say, there is a lot less bullets, a lot less food, and a lot more challenge. I wouldn't be able to do this if, you know, you got your way.

I know what you fear - The DayZ Mod servers. We all fear that, but, really, this is a fucking video game and people will make it into easy mode if they want.

Just wait for the more rare hardcore servers when we reach that era in a few years...

Honestly, I hope not.

If modding is allowed, mark my words, DayZ will go the same way as the mod... The masses will flock to the easy mode servers, and no one wants to play on an empty server, so everyone else will be forced to join them. There will probably be a few "vanilla" servers left, but they'll more than likely remain empty for the most part.

• Like 2

Players would only be able to jump between servers on that private shard

So yes if there several servers in the shard it will be a loot farm.

It doesn't matter if they rent a server or servers, if they'll give themselves an unfair advantage, other people will not come to play, so the'll have a lot of loot and empty servers they are paying for...

Why?

You're going to be that butthurt you won't ever support them again?

Modding is why Epoch is the most played DayZ game now. All modding will do is take away all the infection problems, have 1000 barracks and starting gear. As it is at the moment it's unspoiled and there's no reason BIS can't make a Hardcore hive either, or produce new DLC like maps.

Honestly, I hope not.

If modding is allowed, mark my words, DayZ will go the same way as the mod... The masses will flock to the easy mode servers, and no one wants to play on an empty server, so everyone else will be forced to join them. There will probably be a few "vanilla" servers left, but they'll more than likely remain empty for the most part.

I fear that this will be the case, and I also fear that BI knowingly or not, are heading in this direction. Just follow the money, at least this time unlike the mod, BI gets to take a cut of all those gaming communities that generate income from providing their members perks for their donations.

With that obvious link, then the more successful servers there are, the more monthly income BI receive from GSP. It is therefore in BI interests to make private shards a wholly customisable experience as so that communities continue to rent server from GSP.

However BI are providing a public hive, which will give us access to an unaltered version of the product. And currently private shards are not looking attractive to anyone (very limited control ) I just highlighting an economic pressure that could cause private shards to become more customisable.

Which is sad because modding can bring amazing things ( i.e this game ) but to prevent dayz from been watered down modding has to be severely limited or  non existent. 

Why are people so obsessed to force others to play DayZ in a certain way?

I hate Epoch, Origins and all that crap but I can clearly see that those mods are very popular.

Sure, it sucks that it's so hard to find a vanilla DayZ server but do you really think that this will change if we prevent people from modding the game?

Guys that play on those servers will just move on to another game and DayZ will die. But right now, maybe, just maybe, every now and then some player on those servers will think: "Man, this is too easy." and try the regular mod.

There would be no SA if modding wasn't possible or forbidden.

• Like 3

Why are people so obsessed to force others to play DayZ in a certain way?

I hate Epoch, Origins and all that crap but I can clearly see that those mods are very popular.

Sure, it sucks that it's so hard to find a vanilla DayZ server but do you really think that this will change if we prevent people from modding the game?

Guys that play on those servers will just move on to another game and DayZ will die. But right now, maybe, just maybe, every now and then some player on those servers will think: "Man, this is too easy." and try the regular mod.

There would be no SA if modding wasn't possible or forbidden.

Because Dean's vision.

/s

I agree, the more options, the better. Hell many people abandoned the mod long time ago yet you still can fin vanilla servers, sure, overpoch is the most popular but you can't tell other people what they should like or dislike, thats pathetic

You're going to be that butthurt you won't ever support them again?

Modding is why Epoch is the most played DayZ game now. All modding will do is take away all the infection problems, have 1000 barracks and starting gear. As it is at the moment it's unspoiled and there's no reason BIS can't make a Hardcore hive either, or produce new DLC like maps.

This is a PC game. Modding is nearly a requirement, especially for a game based off of a mod in the first place. Edited by One-Eyed Paulie
  • Like 1

, have 1000 barracks

Seems like the devs will do this all on there own the rate they are going at lol

This is a PC game. Modding is nearly a requirement, especially for a game based off of a mod in the first place.

Not every game has modding as a requirement - Counter Strike, which is only modding skins, Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc etc etc. So, while this game started as a mod, there is no reason to stay this way.

I would very much like Bohemia to never allow modding and for private hives, a maximum of LOWER spawns and no custom loot rules than the public. SO, in effect, ANY server will never be able to have higher loot that whatever the master is set by the devs themselves. Yes, I strongly believe this game should never go away from it`s original vision - which is "vanilla" - the minimum level of survivability, if you want; we can make it harder than that and we should be able to, but never easier, and for that we don`t need modding past a lower number in loot spawns, or disable some altogether. 

• Like 1

*Force feed disinfectant to 'Just lil me'*

Was that found on a 5000+ spawn rate server?

And yes, I do believe that we all should be playing the same game, where rules are strictly enforced by the devs and private servers have VERY few options to go astray. And no spawn rate, anywhere, should be higher or "better" than what the devs intended.

If the ARMA guys believed in that, we wouldn't have DayZ... MODing adds verity, allows customization and extends gameplay. While people who are opinionated about how others should or shouldn't play or enjoy are annoying as hell.

This is here, is nothing but a subset of the good ol' 1st vs 3rd person.

Edited by Mor
  • Like 1