Sign in to follow this  
over9000nukez

Can we stop this instant-ruined-everything stuff?

It happens every time, you find a nice piece of clothing, maybe a weapon, or even carry your food in your pant/shirt pocket because your backpack is full, then, the one who carries God's hatred comes, the gurgling dead smacks you once, and suddenly your glorifies rider's jacket, looks like it got run over by a track team 40 times, had been used as a condom 50 times, and was used as a tampon.

This is annoying. especially with the current zombies, I've lost firefights i should have won because i didnt have anywhere to put my pistol, and the first zombie to come at me ,destroyed it in mid fight.

Now a way to solve this would be to: make it so when a zombies DOES damage your clothing (ruin) it will only go down 1 damage grade...

Meaning pristine<worn<damaged<badly damaged<ruined (like it should be honestly)

Or for now just get rid of the zombies doing damage to clothing for the meantime. because this has made me angry (because i like my clothing looked nice, and not shat on)

Anyone else feel me?

Edited by over9000nukez
  • Like 18

I would like to see the damage on items inside a ruined article randomized. Should be fairly easy to do in arma.

• Like 1

I would like to see the damage on items inside a ruined article randomized. Should be fairly easy to do in arma.

What do you mean randomized ?

Only the items that were hit should be damaged which means no more than 2-3 items per hit. One bullet does not ruin vest, pants or jacket it makes one rather small hole. Unless the bullet is  40mm HE grenade. Than yes. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 6

I assume its place holders for the final inventory damage system.

What hurts a jacket should not hurt a metal rifle magazine.

I assume its place holders for the final inventory damage system.

What hurts a jacket should not hurt a metal rifle magazine.

Unless it's the 40mm grenade. That hurts everything.

I believe it was Dr Johnson that once said:

"lol n00b. Git gud or git rekt."

Or it might have been Boswell - it sounds more like him.

• Like 2

You know what would be nice?

If the next 2 years of development for DayZ happened over night.

If you think this issue should be a priority or is "game breaking" then maybe it's time for you to take a break from DayZ and follow the devtracker until you hear that they are working on this one specific factor in the game.

People are saying, "half done" because experimental is at .50 when the numbers don't mean anything!

The game is more like 1/3 done and probably won't really satisfy most gamers until at least Beta.

• Like 1

What do you mean randomized ?

Only the items that were hit should be damaged which means no more than 2-3 items per hit. One bullet does not ruin vest, pants or jacket it makes one rather small hole. Unless the bullet is  40mm HE grenade. Than yes.

How do you determine which item is hit?

If you think this issue should be a priority or is "game breaking" then maybe it's time for you to take a break from DayZ and follow the devtracker until you hear that they are working on this one specific factor in the game.

People are saying, "half done" because experimental is at .50 when the numbers don't mean anything!

The game is more like 1/3 done and probably won't really satisfy most gamers until at least Beta.

Well pointing out the issues is a good way to have them solved, not sitting around and saying that eventually they will be solved.

This isn't really gamebreaking as much as its just annoying, don't even know why they couldn't just fiddle with some numbers to ruining items, and put it on experimental, the chance of something being ruined should just ruin it straight out, but put it down 1 damage grade, so every 5-10 zombie slaps will make your item worn, that sounds MUCH better then ,1 zombie hit, then you look like you got run over by a tank then burst into flames.

It just makes the experience really annoying and tedious, and yes, that's what alpha is, but again, saying "oh they'll solve the problems later" will only add less stress to a topic that should get fixed.

What i should be saying is, that the damage system is a huge part of the game, and having it be broken for this long is not very 'nice'

Edited by over9000nukez
  • Like 2

something similar to _damageditem = [_fulldamage, _middledamage, _lowdamage] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; er whatever

Might work better if you called random on an array (like _damageditem = ["fulldamage", "middledamage", "lowdamage"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom) but who knows, I'm just a coding noob

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Well pointing out the issues is a good way to have them solved, not sitting around and saying that eventually they will be solved.

*snip*

This issue has been pointed out from the beginning and often enough really (no offense).

I'm confident that the people who will eventually balance this factor are working on things we would likely agree have more priority.

If you spread yourself too thin when you have many complicated tasks in hand, the quality of the work will suffer immensely.

• Like 2

How do you determine which item is hit?

Well you get hit in the lest side of the chest, than the items on the left side of your vest / jacket / shirt take damage. Left leg ? Same deal. 

Simple hit detection. 

• Like 3

In 600hrs+, 1000 zombies + killed and thousands of KM running around everywhere, it only happened to me 2 times, Riders Jacket from Pristine to ruined, while most vest get damaged or badly damaged.

I don't know why it happens so much to some players, but in all honesty, I couldn't care less since it almost never happen to me. (How selfish of me, right?)

I don't think it'll be "fixed" in one day, mostly getting more balanced as the netcode gets better and better. (better netcode = less "desync" and zombies hitting you when you're not even there...)

• Like 1

What I do is keep one extra set of close. I pair pants, one shirt. Civ close I dont even care about. That way you ruin on through your spare on. Tactical shirts are great as a spare, cause you got for slots of storage with them. So it dosn't take any room. Carry a sewing kit too, sometimes 2. Pesky zombies are what degrade my close norm. So I can just do a quick mend, it problem solved.

When that once hit zombie crap happens to me its always on laggy servers its seems like, just log off and find a smoother server. Theres nothing but stupid issues on laggy servers.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

I understand a zombie attack ruining a weak item like a compass or glasses.  But all canned food in a tactical vest (as it happened to me)?  Come on, I could be run over by a truck and probably all canned food could be still perfectly edible.

Keep all your important stuff in your back pack. I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

• Like 1

Keep all your important stuff in your back pack. I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Get shot in the back and all your important stuff is gone. 

Spread your gear. some important items in pants, some in the vest some in the bag pack. This way one shot will never ruin all your gear. 

Get shot in the back and all your important stuff is gone. 

Spread your gear. some important items in pants, some in the vest some in the bag pack. This way one shot will never ruin all your gear. 

Not taking that advice, learned over time that does not work for me. For me that is much less likely then getting hit in the front. I never store important items is my vest or pants. Its a resipe to lose it, some point. But we all have dif exp though. Norm the damage I take is from the front. I have managed to keep my through improtant several lives with out having it ruined. But I will not discount what your saying it is posible you are more of an urban pvper then I am, and with that said a shot to the back can happen. Hell dieing in gereral is allot my likely in an urban setting. I shot people in urban areas from outside...Does this mean I dont put any thing in my pants or vest....no. But the items I value the most have a spot in my pack.

I'm a over watch player when I do pvp. I generally don't get hit from the back. In fact it is down right rare for me.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

urban pvper

That would be one reason. 

Other would be as engineering student I follow the redundancy rule. So if I carry 3 snap loaders for my Blaze each will be in a different piece of clothing so I don't get all three ruined from one shot. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

This is annoying. especially with the current zombies, I've lost firefights i should have won because i didnt have anywhere to put my pistol, and the first zombie to come at me ,destroyed it in mid fight.

dont put your pistol in your shirt or vest. Thats your stupid choice not the games.

Currently items in clothing are protected until the clothing is ruined. Then the items in your clothing take damage, then you take damage.

No the system is not perfict, alpha.

Its also not to hard to avoid zombies.

Its not their fault you put your gun somewhere other then your backpack.

So you're just going to copy and paste this on relevant threads now? It's true so beans for creativity.

• Like 1

dont put your pistol in your shirt or vest. Thats your stupid choice not the games.

Currently items in clothing are protected until the clothing is ruined. Then the items in your clothing take damage, then you take damage.

It's their fault if it's in your jacket or something and you lock yourself in a building to avoid zombies and they just come charging through the wall like an unblocked linebacker anyway.  With the way they can just hit you through walls, through the floor, from 20 ft away, walk through closed doors, walk through walls etc. etc. etc. it's totally ridiculous that zombies even give damage right now.  The zombies are so completely broken it's almost impossible to not be hit by them, regardless of where you keep your stuff.

• Like 2

well first off you should start a conversation by calling someone stupid,

secondly the next line you spelled perfect wrong,

its really hard to avoid zombies in combat with another player in a major city while they keep spawning

(and btw, what happens when you have a gun and you don't have a backpack to put it in? instantly I'm a stupid person for having my pistol ruined to a stupid glitch, or a "not hard to avoid" zombie who can hit you while your behind it.)

• Like 2