yazar8

So everyone is right handed?

I myself am a right handed man.

But there are people left handed too, but at the game everyone is right handed.

Should there be the possibility to be left handed? I don't know, what do you guys think about it? Discuss.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 7

I'd like that. I play counter strike, and I use left-handed in that. It's very strange playing right handed on DayZ...

• Like 1

Not worth the work that would be required.

I say this as a left-handed person. I shoot right-handed, though.

Think about the last time you saw a FPS game where your character fired left-handed. Are there any at all? Nobody thinks it's worth worrying about.

Im left handed, yet I play everything right handed, and shoot guns irls right handed.

Not worth the time.

I would surely like to have a left-handed option. In most cases it would just come down to mirroring which shouldn't be that hard.

The only point that would require more work is firearms - because most are made for right handed people. This means left-handed survivors would need special animations and would be at as disadvantage when using certain guns. Which is actually not that bad either - it would make less people play as left-handed character (which is authenic as there are more right-handed people) and add some value to guns that are not strictly right-handed.

Might make for an interesting addition and would probably be worth the work.

• Like 3

Being left handed, I would like the option.

Us lefties are only 10%, so it's not something devs usually put much time into.

And in all, I could see the only real difference being in the arc of melee weapons.

I would like the option, not really a big concern until later, much much later in development. Its not a big deal for me as a lefty in fact it may throw a monkey wrench into things if I had to account for a left handed character

I do absolutely everything lefthanded. My knife is in my left hand, my pen is in my left hand, my guns in games however have always been righthanded. I do not know where this question is coming from, as a lefty (in both senses) I don't really care how my alter ego is holding his gun. It doesn't affect my playstyle.

• Like 1

I thought if you were right-handed and you played Counter Strike it was just called Strike

My knife is in my left hand, my pen is in my left hand,

He has a knife and a pen in his left hand. That man is dangerous.

EDIT:  The pen is mightier than the sword = kichilron is mightier than himself

(that's Philosophy)

- and look out!  What's he doing with his right hand ??

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I am right handed, and shoot left handed.

Not being tech savvy, I have no idea how hard it is to create and program, but it would be cool to have an object. Make the game attempting levels of realism be a little bit more realistic.

I would surely like to have a left-handed option. In most cases it would just come down to mirroring which shouldn't be that hard.

Not quite, a bolt wouldn't magically be on the left side, neither would ejection ports be. I shoot left handed and it'd bother me a lot if all of the mosins I picked up were lefty.

I myself am a right handed man.

Should there be the possibility to be left handed? I don't know, what do you guys think about it? Discuss.

As a Lefty i Say that i Want to Play as a Lefty in All Games But they Never Give me the Option Dx

Nice to See Right Handers Also think its unfair ^_^

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 1

Not quite, a bolt wouldn't magically be on the left side, neither would ejection ports be.

Funny thing is that you stopped quoting me exactly before I was coming to this.

For this reason left-handed survivors would probably be at a slight disadvantage. So there might be less people picking a left handed one. Which is fine as in real life there are also less left-handed people.

Funny thing is that you stopped quoting me exactly before I was coming to this.

Nono, I meant an emphasis on the mirroring. In any game I can think of where you can have a weapon left handed in first person the model is literally mirrored to save time and it looks awful.

Looks like this thread got LEFT in the dust

hee hee

hahaa Guess it is Left up to the Dev Team If they Want to Add it huh ;)

Clearly the lefties were genetically vulnerable to the infection that started the zombie apocalypse

• Like 2

It seems that barely anyone actually cares, if people did then it would have been in the game since the Arma1 days :P

It seems that barely anyone actually cares, if people did then it would have been in the game since the Arma1 days :P

lol not necessarily true  Games Have come a Far way Since arma 1 Days

Space For data is More efficiant and they Are More free with Adding Features than they Used to Be :)

I was about to create a thread suggesting this! Left Handed prease!

Would it take too much time to mirror animations and such? I guess its a cool feature that adds immersion tbh and its a cool customization option, but I wouldn't be sad if this didn't make into the game. But hey, can we make this into the game?? Thanks devs I love you

Edited by Avant-Garde

My wife is left handed and watching her write is fucking creepy.

No left handed should not be in the game because it's weird and probably a sin.

Seriously though I remember when my brothers were playing paintball competitively and one brother who can't blink his right eye and learned to shoot left and right handed as a child preferring left when possible. It can actually give an edge in CQB type shooting being someone who peeks the "wrong side" of cover while exposing less of their body.

I doubt they'll add it though.

• Like 3

..//.. It can actually give an edge in CQB type shooting being someone who peeks the "wrong side" of cover while exposing less of their body.

AND in all other serious 1 on 1 sports - tennis, fencing, boxing, etc - It's no surprise that, with 10% of the population left handed - more than +20% of champions in face-to-face sports are left handed.. they have played against right handers since they started (so they know the moves they come up against), but the right hander has done the same (right against right)  - so he's always seriously less experienced and in danger when he's facing a left hander. All being equal, good left hander's tend to win over good right handers.

I'm sad for you 90% but that's how it is.

• Like 4