Sign in to follow this  
SniperwolfMR

1st person dying breed

Well I'm certainly not keen on having a restricted FOV whilst having to deal with silent sometimes invisible zombies all while struggling to find anything useful on persistence enabled servers to not starve or freeze to death, the game is hard enough now it stops being remotely fun when you have to double tap alt constantly just to make sure nothings just about to smack you when any normal person would have heard and seen that zombie sprint right up to you from that angle.

First person is just annoying as it is it's neither hardcore nor realistic it's just a chore. Of course it's not any less realistic than third person but it's nice being able to avoid zombies somewhat since they chase you like forever, are a bitch to hit half the time and spawn in backup.

I wonder if any game will be able to make first person properly imitate the real FOV? Are we really going to have to wait for complete virtual reality?

If it's enabled in the server you're on there is no value to not using third person, people are going to use it against you why give them an edge over you.

Probably would have to hook it up to your brain or something like a drug if you'v ever seen the movie Strange Days. Good movie you should watch it if you haven't lol.

Actually video games pretty much already are kind of like a drug lol. They get you hooked. Wouldn't doubt it happening to be honest.

• Like 1

To be fair, it's hard to 3PP camera someone when you're, say, running across a field and they're hiding behind a wall.

you're def right. it just changes the playstyle, pretty significantly. i find being patient, and extremely slow between moves pays off more in 3pp, in 1pp players tend to miss way more of what's going on around them. 

i just find it ironic that OP is raving about "instant gratification era kids" or whatever, and the reality is that you can be WAY less careful / sprint around / loot faster in 1pp and get away with it.

• Like 2

Thank god, 3pp is just much better in every way. After playing first person i found the interactions so boring and not funny i almost wanted to jump off the apartment roof though i was fully geared through boredom, it's as if only people over 50 or with the mindset of a 50 year old that play on them.

Not wall glitching, but peeking around corners using 3rd person view.

You said both, why mention something that isn't even a thing now? Oh and you could also wall glitch on 1st person servers, so what servers did you play on if you don't want to play on the "see through wall" servers?

Well I'm certainly not keen on having a restricted FOV whilst having to deal with silent sometimes invisible zombies all while struggling to find anything useful on persistence enabled servers to not starve or freeze to death, the game is hard enough now it stops being remotely fun when you have to double tap alt constantly just to make sure nothings just about to smack you when any normal person would have heard and seen that zombie sprint right up to you from that angle.

First person is just annoying as it is it's neither hardcore nor realistic it's just a chore. Of course it's not any less realistic than third person but it's nice being able to avoid zombies somewhat since they chase you like forever, are a bitch to hit half the time and spawn in backup.

I wonder if any game will be able to make first person properly imitate the real FOV? Are we really going to have to wait for complete virtual reality?

If it's enabled in the server you're on there is no value to not using third person, people are going to use it against you why give them an edge over you.

Thank you for saying this.  I understand the complaints about 3PP when it comes to looking around walls.  But after that, 3pp is far superiour in a more realistic way.  Yes, I just said that.  No its not realistic because you have a view above your head.  But it is more realistic because it opens up something that FPS cant seem to do, even with huge FOV, and that is Peripheral vision.  Something that is almost a must in a survival game.  A huge open world, and you have nothing but tunnel vision with 1pp.  Its beyond annoying.  3PP allows you to have a view to your sides that you always have in real life even if your are unaware of it.

Ive seen someone post in here a game that made it so you couldnt see people without direct LOS even though you could see the areas they were at with 3PP.  Thats all this games needs to do.  If they figure out how to do that, everyone should be happy.   

• Like 6

I play both. I like first person better for immersion obviously also pvp and looting. But while traveling I do like third person. I find myself opening my inventory a lot while running through the woods in 1st person servers.

• Like 1

Exp only encourages 3PP, on account of there being almost no 1PP servers there at all.

For awhile half were 1pp and mostly empty with the other half 3pp servers full 24/7. It's no wonder they switched more of them to 3pp.

you're def right. it just changes the playstyle, pretty significantly. i find being patient, and extremely slow between moves pays off more in 3pp, in 1pp players tend to miss way more of what's going on around them. 

i just find it ironic that OP is raving about "instant gratification era kids" or whatever, and the reality is that you can be WAY less careful / sprint around / loot faster in 1pp and get away with it.

I actually disagree. I think you missed what I was saying. It's much easier to play 3PP because you can observe without risk. Need to see if a room is clear? Instead of actually stepping inside as is required in 1PP, you can just stand outside and free look around. You have to be *more* careful in 1PP because you can't observe without exposure. The same cannot be said about 3PP. And you also reinforced another point, 3pp makes it's easier to see more of what is going on around you, since the camera is detached from your body. While it may not be "COD", 3PP is still a far easier play style than 1PP.

• Like 2

I have 1 gripe about 1st person view... You can hear a player drinking, eating, reloading ect, however the whole coming up behind you (no footsteps sounds) and or the whole (No gunshot sounds) needs to be looked into big time, Another thing that needs Devs on the spot looked at is the video WOBO just did on the spinal Bone hits...Check his vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wky22FdMY5w THAT SUCKS for Long Term Players...

Sorry I am in my Drink again Mods =P Luv ya!

TuT

All the more reason to Fix third person view.

1. Fix third person view so players don't render when you can't see them.

2. Adjust the cameras position so that it would painfully hard to use it to see over cover this would remove the instances where people pop into existence .

3. Implement a Civilian friendly stance system that is not unlike arma 3 so that players have more control over what they see while in first person view.

4. Remove hardcore and consolidate the community into one rule set.

i noticed this lastnight died on 3rd person epically failed. then though oh yeah my hc. i love that shit. log in to 1 of 5 servers max 10/40 on 1 server. depressing

What happened to the Idle Thumbs server?  It switched from 1st person to 3rd with the recent release, before that I kept getting an authentication error trying to log in.  Sorry about Aloha is for Tourists going down, I lost my job and had to make some cut backs.

I actually disagree. I think you missed what I was saying. It's much easier to play 3PP because you can observe without risk. Need to see if a room is clear? Instead of actually stepping inside as is required in 1PP, you can just stand outside and free look around. You have to be *more* careful in 1PP because you can't observe without exposure. The same cannot be said about 3PP. And you also reinforced another point, 3pp makes it's easier to see more of what is going on around you, since the camera is detached from your body. While it may not be "COD", 3PP is still a far easier play style than 1PP.

Thank you, my fellow first person comrade. 

I hope hardcore doesn't die out - it's nice to run two characters.  my reg is for lootwhoring and my hc is for roleplaying.

• Like 1

I love it when people post their high-horsing about how easymode-seeking children only play on 3PP servers.  Yes, you strong men playing with purely 1PP (that's hardcore, for you other weaklings) and your SPARTAN GENES are a dying breed, alright.  

I love it when people post their high-horsing about how easymode-seeking children only play on 3PP servers.  Yes, you strong men playing with purely 1PP (that's hardcore, for you other weaklings) and your SPARTAN GENES are a dying breed, alright.  

Yea it's silly.

3pp should be attacked due to how it ruins the game not because of who or the reasons why people play that mode.

I wouldn't say strong, spartan mentality men...just more intelligent, mature men.

Ya ya, laying on a rooftop in 3pp makes you cream of the crop and a bad ass player.  Yup, being able to see someone sneaking up behind you while in 3pp makes you elite.  We get it.  3pp is the way to go because it's so tactical.  News flash, it was in OFP and ARMA for the tactical gameplay of controlling AI.

Anyway, thread is again beating a dead horse and deserves to be locked.

Edited by Caboose187

I wouldn't say strong, spartan mentality men...just more intelligent, mature men.

lol......egp trip much, this has to be the funniest thing iv ever read....reality check time...

You are running from peekers...nothing more

Man up, pick a populated 3pp server, hit num pad enter and really test your intelligence.

The only ting 1pp servers offer is a safety net. The guarantee you will not be peeked on.

Cheers though, needed a laugh before work :)

What in the hell has happened to the hardcore community? I'm trying to play some DayZ at 8 PM on a Friday night and the best 1st person only server I can get is 10/40. I remember back when the ZaP servers were the hot thing (which was about 2 months ago) you couldn't get into them without attempting to join for at least 5 minutes. 

Why is no one playing hardcore anymore? Have the COD kids officially taken over? 

My friend and his buddys wiped the zap guys twice in a row. They killed him than banned him from their server.

Thats why we dont play there.

Now ya the 1pp servers are slim now. I hope with a shard and persistence there will be a couple well run servers that are populated.

Well im 30 years old myself and find 3rd person to be a much better playing experience than first person. So what if you can see your character? Ppl should be allowed to play on whatever server however the hell they want.

Always wanted someone to articulate this preference. But the only reason they ever give is 'because i like it better. Why do you like it better? There are several compelling reasons this game should not have 3pp included. I never seem to see any articulate, compelling, game design and gameplay influencing reasons to keep 3pp in the game. Can you offer any?

• Like 1

What in the hell has happened to the hardcore community? I'm trying to play some DayZ at 8 PM on a Friday night and the best 1st person only server I can get is 10/40. I remember back when the ZaP servers were the hot thing (which was about 2 months ago) you couldn't get into them without attempting to join for at least 5 minutes. 

Why is no one playing hardcore anymore? Have the COD kids officially taken over? 

I dislike first person and I am certainly not a COD type player. I find first person claustrophobic after adjusting to the extra situational awareness afforded from the third person view. 

Also I find a small irony in the implied equivalence of those who play third person in DayZ to a player base from another game that is first person only. 

I dislike first person and I am certainly not a COD type player. I find first person claustrophobic after adjusting to the extra situational awareness afforded from the third person view. 

Also I find a small irony in the implied equivalence of those who play third person in DayZ to a player base from another game that is first person only. 

I agree with the comparison with COD.

I would like to ask you why you think that having extra-situational awareness is better for the game? A horror survival simulator.

Yea it's silly.

3pp should be attacked due to how it ruins the game not because of who or the reasons why people play that mode.

I don't see how, if we have separate servers, it ruins the game for anyone. 1st person folks play on 1st person servers and 3rd person players do the same. Win/Win right?

I don't see how, if we have separate servers, it ruins the game for anyone. 1st person folks play on 1st person servers and 3rd person players do the same. Win/Win right?

There have been countless examples how it ruins the certain aspects of the game.

It is undeniable that wall peeking and seeing over obstacles ruins pvp and stealth in the game.

Having two seperate game modes isn't the solution if half the game is still broken.