iiDeepZii (DayZ)

The DayZ Shop

I was think about this idea ,and this could be epic. We should get a DayZ Shop, the currency would be coins. You can get coins by finding them through out  the world of DayZ. These coins could be spent on weapons , cloths and much more i.e a firefighters axe would cost maybe 100 coins. Lets hope this comes to the game !  :)  :D 

I was think about this idea ,and this could be epic. We should get a DayZ Shop, the currency would be coins. You can get coins by finding them through out  the world of DayZ. These coins could be spent on weapons , cloths and much more i.e a firefighters axe would cost maybe 100 coins. Lets hope this comes to the game !  :)  :D 

I think this is a big no. They stated they don't want ppl to pay to gain an advantage or anything like that.

• Like 7

me and my friend were planning on creating an in game shop when barricading is possible, we would search for loot and trade it for other items at our "shop", not the same thing as OP but more viable i reckon.

• Like 1

11746979.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about in game currency, but DayZ definitely needs to look into integrating a persistent economy of sorts if they want to stay relevant for many many years. Running around with nothing to do and nothing to accomplish other than one's own imaginative ideas is only fun for a little while before it becomes numbingly repetitive. 

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about in game currency, but DayZ definitely needs to look into integrating a persistent economy of sorts if they want to stay relevant for many many years. Running around with nothing to do and nothing to accomplish other than one's own imaginative ideas is only fun for a little while before it becomes numbingly repetitive. 

This might become something more along the lines a modder might do. But you never know really.

Sorry for the meme.

But yeah, no 'coins'. I've no doubt a mod will add some form of currency but I don't think it has any place in vanilla.

Epoch already has this and it's a DayZ themed amusement park, not DayZ.

me and my friend were planning on creating an in game shop when barricading is possible, we would search for loot and trade it for other items at our "shop", not the same thing as OP but more viable i reckon.

fun fun, grenade bait. but seriously, I encourage you to do so until I can't find what I need because you and your friend have hopped every server in my hemisphere to stock your shelves at which point I am so coming with that grenade. just sayin.

fun fun, grenade bait. but seriously, I encourage you to do so until I can't find what I need because you and your friend have hopped every server in my hemisphere to stock your shelves at which point I am so coming with that grenade. just sayin.

I eagerly await the re-introduction of satchel charges. :)

• Like 2

Hello there

Firstly, moving to suggestions area.

Secondly, I see what you are getting at put DAYZ should be player driven so if you and your friends want to set up a homemade store and barter for items then thats great. Its unlikely there will be any official in game currency though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

We rent our own server so we would only collect from ours. I ain't got patience to wait 60secs just to hop.

• Like 1

Oh boy! I can't wait to play Apocalypse Shopping Simulator 2014 - Chernarus Edition!

I like the idea of adding NPC traders.

• The NPC trader could just be a person that sits in a secure, reinforced building or vehicle and will trade an in-game pseudo-currency (e.g. cigarettes, alcohol, weed, bullets, etc.) for useful items or vice versa.
  • Players could be able to break into the trader building or vehicles, shoot the trader and steal his items but they would be banned from using any other trader on that hive for an extended period of time (> 1 month). Also, the trader would fight back with powerful weapons so it would, usually, take a group of players to rob him.
  • These traders would not be allowed to create many new items from scratch; they should mainly be able to trade the things that players have given to them.
  • Players could be ganked while purchasing items. No safezones.
  • The traders could give out Bounty Lists (new in-game item) of players that were blacklisted.
    • If you "use" a Bounty List on a dead/alive player you will be able to tell if that person is wanted.
    • Wanted players could be turned in for packs of cigarettes or whatever but you would have to deliver them to a trader. Dead or alive.
    • Traders could give a bigger reward for wanted players captured and delivered alive.
    • Bounties must be persistent.
  • If you are delivered alive to an NPC trader you are put into a small jail.
    • No suicide in jail. You would be provided with food and water. Starving to death should take a long ass time.
    • Your sentence could be something like 1 week, real time. You could choose not to login for a week or just serve your time in prison with the other prisoners.
    • After serving your time in jail you are allowed to use the NPC trader again.
    • It could be possible to break people out of jail but the player that opened the door would get placed on the bounty list as well.

Could be fun. Much better than zombies or packs of wolves like H1Z1. In fact, it would be cool to play this as a mod with no zombies at all.

Thats similar to a humanity system: It should not be ingame because it hardcodes mechanics that should rather develop within the game dynamics. Players should decide on their own what to use as currency and how trade should work just like they should decide on their own which moral codex to follow. If others agree they might put up some trading community.

Key is such mechanics being player driven instead of hardcoded within the game.

Edited by Evil Minion

Thats similar to a humanity system: It should not be ingame because it hardcodes mechanics that should rather develop within the game dynamics. Players should decide on their own what to use as currency and how trade should work just like they should decide on their own which moral codex to follow. If others agree they might put up some trading community.

Key is such mechanics being player driven instead of hardcoded within the game.

I am not sure if you are talking to me or OP but every item in-game entity is the equivalent of a "hardcoded mechanic". Zombies. Animals. Bandages. Trees. Everything. The fact that it looks like a human makes no difference. You hit a tree and a log comes out. You go to this NPC and he gives you items. It is a slightly more complex AI but it would be script-driven, just like trees. It seems that you are actually against complex entities being added to the game, instead of any hardcoded mechanic. Well, complex entities like cars are fine. Just not entities that take player items and give them other items in return.

An NPC trader could set a baseline for item worth, allowing for an in-game economy to form. Without setting a minimum value for items, as well as a giving an in-game item fiat worth, there would be no standard for trading. This is why Eve Online has CONCORD. Without it, the game would not exist.

I was talking about this feature as a mission/mod, anyway, since BIS seems to be against any NPC that looks like a human and interacts with the player in a non-violent way. It kinda' sucks because trading simply won't work on the public hive. Too many people with a griefing/hacking/deathmatch mentality that would do whatever they could to keep players from opening up stores. Random people who join the game will simply view DayZ as the Minecraft FFA DM it currently is then leave or join the DM.

Private shards would not need this as creating a player-based economy is as easy as adding a relatively safe trading mechanic that can be circumvented with some effort. A certain level of trust (and safety) is necessary for people that actually want to open shops.

Edited by scriptfactory

I am not sure if you are talking to me or OP but every item in-game entity is the equivalent of a "hardcoded mechanic". Zombies. Animals. Bandages. Trees. Everything.

Sure but there are major differences. Lets divide all those aspects in "natural" and "cultural". "Natural" aspects should be hardcoded because they provide a framework to work in and players do not have control over them - they may interact but they won't change the way of how it works. Those are things like you described. "Cultural" aspects on the other side should not be hardcoded but rather originate from the players - thats where you should be able to define how it works although mainly as part of a community.

Social interactions, trade, currency, morals - all those are "cultural" aspects that should not be defined and forced upon players by the game. Thats something players should agree on, enforce or even break. If I found coins I should not be sure about being able to trade them for something - because money is just a cultural agreement that may or may not find its way into the game.

I am not sure if you are talking to me or OP but every item in-game entity is the equivalent of a "hardcoded mechanic". Zombies. Animals. Bandages. Trees. Everything. The fact that it looks like a human makes no difference. You hit a tree and a log comes out. You go to this NPC and he gives you items. It is a slightly more complex AI but it would be script-driven, just like trees. It seems that you are actually against complex entities being added to the game, instead of any hardcoded mechanic. Well, complex entities like cars are fine. Just not entities that take player items and give them other items in return.

An NPC trader could set a baseline for item worth, allowing for an in-game economy to form. Without setting a minimum value for items, as well as a giving an in-game item fiat worth, there would be no standard for trading. This is why Eve Online has CONCORD. Without it, the game would not exist.

I was talking about this feature as a mission/mod, anyway, since BIS seems to be against any NPC that looks like a human and interacts with the player in a non-violent way. It kinda' sucks because trading simply won't work on the public hive. Too many people with a griefing/hacking/deathmatch mentality that would do whatever they could to keep players from opening up stores. Random people who join the game will simply view DayZ as the Minecraft FFA DM it currently is then leave or join the DM.

Private shards would not need this as creating a player-based economy is as easy as adding a relatively safe trading mechanic that can be circumvented with some effort. A certain level of trust (and safety) is necessary for people that actually want to open shops.

Have to disagree, Trading happens and is dynamic. Its all down to what you need. On Monday you may trade a vehicle for a tin of beans to avoid starvation, think if you were carrying a vital part for another, better, vehicle. Not only would you loose the car you had, but the part aswell if you die.

Then by Wednesday you are stocked right up onfood and would trade it all for a certain tool or whatever. To me that's a brilliant way for it to work. Setting a baseline means nothing has situational value, its always the same value....for me that would just make day conform to 99% of other games out there, and remove all the randomness from trade situations....when they actually occur.

I have no doubt that it will be a mod though for the private hives, and to those that would enjoy it I say have at it, for me its a no though :)

• Like 1

Coming from somebody who supports making DayZ as realistic as possible, I do not think this would be a good idea. DayZ is about the struggle for survival in a harsh scenario (this case, theres some zombies that want to eat you for lunch). Adding this will allow people to get gear without much effort. There are some servers which have shops (Ex: epoch). They'll probably be made in the DayZ standalone as private hive servers. I don't think the devs should make this part of the main hive.

• Like 1

I am terribly sorry to say this, but this is a terrible idea, it would ruin the entire survival aspect of Dayz.

First of all, this would create dayz in to a micro-transaction game

Second of all, if you were in the apocalypse, would bother with finding coins instead of valuable food and ammo?

And last but not least, I think dayz should encourage player interactions when trading, making the interaction precarious, for you do not know when you can a bullet to the head, but with AI shops you don't need to worry, for they just stand there doing nothing, and you are not in danger of dying for you are most likely in some "safe zone".

So no, it would ruin the game for many, or so I think.

DayZ likes to pride itself for being realistic. A static NPC with an endless supply of can food which accepts a now over inflated currency is a little silly.

If I remember correctly, the developers wanted as little event/NPC interactions between players. So zombies are about the only computer AI you will be experiencing. I am thankful for that, it lets players mold the world around them, not the world molded around the NPCs.

Let us have coins - nothing more just the item

let it be rare or only craftable with "gold" you can gather from "gold notes" like stones you get from rocks.