SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Anyone besides hoppers....are there ak74 mags? Been scouring but no luck. I'm tempted to post up in military areas and start taking or hoppers. Only one Barack has had loot the last 3 days.

couldn't find one... i think they only spawn in barracks and barracks are hopped all the time. so with a lot of luck you may find one if respawn mechanics works properly. best chances to get one is to kill one hopper.

i'm actually posting up in military places on server UK 0-16 1st person to get some hoppers. so far i got one who spawn right next to a barrack (sadly he only had AKM stuff), and i lost another one that spawn inside a barrack and log off after hearing me sneaking around. (i though he was waiting for me inside... he probably had valuable stuff to be such a pussy). anyway, camping military barrack is boring, i won't do it any longer.

Loot respawn works. If players hang around high-traffic areas (spawn zones, military installations, areas around police/fire stations and such) they will find only scrap and junk.  I've just logged off after touring Dolina-Shakhovka-Staroye before going towards Mogilevka in a 50/50 UK server...good amount of loot in the usually ignored small towns, and it wasn't "christmas barns", all the things were evenly distribuited in various buildings. While I was in Berezino (southern part) there was almost no loot around, just useless leftovers of previous scavengers.

Don't know if it's something already re-introduced in previous patches, but burned out vehicles (trucks, pick up and such) spawn loot again. During previous patches I never bothered searching them, but those burned out vehicles are spawning like crazy now.

Loot does respawn, but loot respawning system does not work properly or a least need to be tweaked A LOT. devs already said thath they will work on it for a few more month. i hope that finding only junk in high-traffic areas is not what is intended ;)

• Like 1

Well, a few hours ago there were only four 3rd person view EXP servers on the european area. That's 200 people playing in the EU, with a (I suppose) rather long queue behind them.

I suppose it's quite normal finding few things in high traffic areas...too many people playing on too few servers. And all those people often hang around the "usual" zones, creating a vicious circle. I hope loot spawn/respawn will get sorted out quickly, but on the forum and in game there are too many people complaining it doesn't work.

It's not true...it works, the problem is we're too many in the same areas. Spread out guys...there's a whole country outside military installations and the southern cities :D

• Like 1

Happy Halloween everybody :) did you all forget ? ;)

I didn't forget  :P  Happy Dayz Halloween Everyone!!!    :D

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 2

Happy Weenies to y'all, what a sausage fest it will be! :P

No party for me this year, DayZ is all the Horror I need at the moment. The new door sounds make even more paranoid LOL.

I've only been able to play for an hour last night, but again the dev's did a great job and I hope they keep up the great work.

No crashes in the one hour, switched 1st/3rd once after 30 minutes and it was all good.

Tons of Leather Kits and I'm happy to report that I finally start finding kitchen knives every once in a while!

So yeah, Go Dev Team, and happy Halloween to all!

:beans:

• Like 1

Military grade magazines seem almost none existent at least to me. Iv found AK 74s but no damn magazines yet for them. Im hoping this gets fixed.

Iv found ammo for it but has anyone been having issues with the magazines?

• Like 1

Has anyone found a MP5k in .50 experimental yet? 

If so... does it have a stock again? I will be gravely disappointed if not.

Quick question, if I go into Beta mode, am I able to access both exp and stable servers?

U cant access both types of servers at once. But u can have two seperate folders, one for stable and one for experimental...then u do the good ol switcharo with the folders as u want to play stable or exp. But its tedious and sometimes messy when there is a new patch out. There is a guide on you tube...somewhere.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 1

finally put my hands on the AKS-74U !!!

141031104922956512.jpg

it fits well in my backpack, takes 4*3 slots. i need to find the mag now.

sorry for the poor bastard that was carrying it in his backpack

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

I guess they are working on controller support (if nobody else mentioned it so far). I had my xbox fight stick pluged in and the in game menu looked like this:

Unplugged it and back to normal... let the elitist bile spill forth :P .

Cool. Now my console-only son-in-law will want to try the game.

On a related note, TrackIR support is awesome. You can look around, even zoom, while the inventory menu is open.

Is that possible with a controller?

Edited by whiskeytango

I hope there's going to be a few iterations of .5 before it goes to stable as it's super buggy atm. Have to say, despite all that, I've played the latest .5 since the aborted push to stable and have enjoyed it more than ever.

The main thing holding back stable for me is how broken the loot economy is at the moment. Everything is pristine, some areas are filled to the brim with loot and others are not respawning anything at all.

So everyone is having a hard time finding the right AK magazines i guess?

On the upside i freaking LOVE the new Dry Bag Colors and even the more military type rain resistant pack they released.

• Like 1

So everyone is having a hard time finding the right AK magazines i guess?

On the upside i freaking LOVE the new Dry Bag Colors and even the more military type rain resistant pack they released.

indeed !

So the SPOSN bag is rain resistant ? thanks, i didn't know that

a lot of of highly geared players at the military base next to vybor tonight on 1st person server, saw 5 different guys in 15 minutes. good PVP session !

indeed !

So the SPOSN bag is rain resistant ? thanks, i didn't know that

a lot of of highly geared players at the military base next to vybor tonight on 1st person server, saw 5 different guys in 15 minutes. good PVP session !

Yeah if you have one or find one read the description. It says rain resistant right on it! :)

I hope there's going to be a few iterations of .5 before it goes to stable as it's super buggy atm. Have to say, despite all that, I've played the latest .5 since the aborted push to stable and have enjoyed it more than ever.

Overall this version's felt pretty good to me! No crashes or major bugs/issues except:

1) Sometimes I can't pick up items. Has happened with just about any kind of item. The only way it lets me pick it up is if I pick an alternative option such as opening the can of beans directly from the ground.

2) Pretty bad lag/desync at times. Hotbar is slower to respond than previous versions and it seems like half the times I run into Zeds they lag out and look like they run past me when in reality they're right next to me.

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues? On the other hand doors have been doing a great job keeping zombies out. 

Overall this version's felt pretty good to me! No crashes or major bugs/issues except:

1) Sometimes I can't pick up items. Has happened with just about any kind of item. The only way it lets me pick it up is if I pick an alternative option such as opening the can of beans directly from the ground.

2) Pretty bad lag/desync at times. Hotbar is slower to respond than previous versions and it seems like half the times I run into Zeds they lag out and look like they run past me when in reality they're right next to me.

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues? On the other hand doors have been doing a great job keeping zombies out. 

1) it's intermittent for me. Some stuff I just can't pick up. Other times if I go into inventory and click x on the stuff in my hands(even if nothing is showing) and then try pick up again it works.

2)yep

Also invisible zombies from time to time plus zombie hitting the outside wall of a building when i'm upstairs and me bleeding is a common thing.

I've lost loads of stuff too. It's a huge gamble putting anything on the floor as it could go anywhere.

Loot respawn works. If players hang around high-traffic areas (spawn zones, military installations, areas around police/fire stations and such) they will find only scrap and junk.  I've just logged off after touring Dolina-Shakhovka-Staroye before going towards Mogilevka in a 50/50 UK server...good amount of loot in the usually ignored small towns, and it wasn't "christmas barns", all the things were evenly distribuited in various buildings. While I was in Berezino (southern part) there was almost no loot around, just useless leftovers of previous scavengers.

Don't know if it's something already re-introduced in previous patches, but burned out vehicles (trucks, pick up and such) spawn loot again. During previous patches I never bothered searching them, but those burned out vehicles are spawning like crazy now.

I spawned in Berezino last night and I went to the construction sight. I didn't find any firearms, but there were six of everything else that you could possibly want. Definitely one stop shopping!

+1 on the p/u trucks. Found a double barreled shotgun and a double barreled rifle.

Has anyone found a MP5k in .50 experimental yet? 

If so... does it have a stock again? I will be gravely disappointed if not.

Found a MP5 in a police station. Sorry, no stock was attached.

Found a MP5 in a police station. Sorry, no stock was attached.

Damn devs.... this is one of the most un-gamebreaking but annoying bugs for the mp5k users

finally put my hands on the AKS-74U !!!

141031104922956512.jpg

it fits well in my backpack, takes 4*3 slots. i need to find the mag now.

sorry for the poor bastard that was carrying it in his backpack

Were you at the kamenka forest base in a barrack? cause i was carrying an aks in my back pack but a guy who said he was russion killed me with a sawed off double barrel... was this you?

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 1