SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I suspect all the test servers are official Bohemia/Dayz servers.  There is likely only one or two in the office who have access and they are all enjoying a beer!  

Well I hope the are enjoying my £19 worth... :)

They should give me the login detail's and I will fix it. :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER
  • Like 1

Well, remember they are in Europe. While it's noon here (Pacific Time), it's already 9 p.m. over there. I doubt they are having a night crew just for this.

i doubt they are that stupid to leave all the exp servers empty the whole weekend while they know about that server issue, theres always remote access.

and im sure the servers will be up soon again.

• Like 1

Yeah, this does seem like the most unstable Exp update I have tried. I know the whole point of Exp is that it's unstable, but in the past at least some servers have been working.

• Like 1

I'm thinking they need to dump down the data before this sort of hard reset needed.

This does 2 things (*for now).

Makes it so, A: The devs won't simply restart remotely or they will lose the data.

And, B: They have a smaller data pool to tangle with when they glean the data from it.

(*Until the bug is fixed.)

RIP Experimental Branch 10/10/14

May you rise again with the dawn in CZ Monday, like an infected Phoenix from it's own ashes.

Ultimately, this is only affecting experimental so there's really no need to go out of their way to restart them. We all have the perfectly valid option of going over to stable and playing there. Experimental exists for their benefit primarily*, we just sometimes get lucky to play around with new stuff early. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the servers functioning normally again when it's once more a civilized hour in Europe.

*For clarity it's in the long-run for our benefit as well, anything that helps the devs is to make a better end product eventually.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

I did manage to play for a few hours before the last of the 1PP servers went down.  I'm looking for confirmation of a particular bug I encountered where my wool coat just disappeared, right off my body while I was wearing it.  I was crouched in a wood shack wringing out my pants from the rain and all of a sudden, poof, gone, no wool coat.  Now what is odd about this is that at that exact same moment, loot spawned at my feet.  Some rope and a chem-light that had not been there prior.  Now the wool coat I was wearing with its four pockets contained a green rain coat.  Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I'm trying to provide as much detail as possible.  I also lost a lever rifle after setting it down to pick up an MP-133, 2nd floor btw.  I thought they had corrected that bug.  I also experienced some rubber-banding which was the result of some minor desync going on at the time.  Still had a good time during those few hours of play unlike the other day when the sever was barren.

I have a slightly different perspective on this.  While I agree that as you've stated that Experimental exists for their benefit, the issue with servers dropping off-line in short order approaching a weekend doesn't make any sense. You lose a large sample of play test data from a newly released update that has significant changes and new content added.  This is counter intuitive to progressing the product towards stable imho.

Ultimately, this is only affecting experimental so there's really no need to go out of their way to restart them. We all have the perfectly valid option of going over to stable and playing there. Experimental exists for their benefit primarily*, we just sometimes get lucky to play around with new stuff early. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the servers functioning normally again when it's once more a civilized hour in Europe.

*For clarity it's in the long-run for our benefit as well, anything that helps the devs is to make a better end product eventually.

• Like 2

Yeah, this does seem like the most unstable Exp update I have tried. I know the whole point of Exp is that it's unstable, but in the past at least some servers have been working.

It's an issue that has persisted since 0.49 Experimental, maybe even before that. It sucks, but oh well.

RIP Experimental Branch 10/10/14

May you rise again with the dawn in CZ Monday, like an infected Phoenix from it's own ashes.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE... back to Stable! :)

• Like 1

The last European server De - 05 just went down... was the only one left.

RIP

I can tell you what is going on in an unofficial capacity.

There is a issue/bug in 0.50 exp build that sometimes when a server restarts/crashes upon its automatic restart something goes wrong and the server never actually starts and gets stuck.  Hence they appear at their restart time, normally 09.00 and time never moves on.

Its seems it needs a server admin to manually restart the Dayz instance on the server.

So eventually they all stop working until intervention.

Yes this is true from what I can tell.  There were a few servers up last night, and slowly they went down 1 by 1 until all servers were empty.  When I woke this morning, most servers had 5-6 people in them.  I went on one server and it had absolutely nothing for loot.  It crashed shortly after that.  Went on another and it was loot heaven, stuff was spawning as I picked up other things in the room.  In about 15 mins, I was fully geared with guns, ammo, and food/drink up the wazoo.  I found the new pump shotty and messed lots of zombie up with it.  So fun.  Quite the contrast from last week, when you had to do everything possible to survive.  Now as I came home after work, all the servers are down, and I agree with what MadTommy said.  The servers crash and then cannot reboot for some reason.  We can only hope things get changed...cause I love exp.

Edited by RevolutionaryE

Yes this is true from what I can tell.  There were a few servers up last night, and slowly they went down 1 by 1 until all servers were empty.  When I woke this morning, most servers had 5-6 people in them.  I went on one server and it had absolutely nothing for loot.  It crashed shortly after that.  Went on another and it was loot heaven, stuff was spawning as I picked up other things in the room.  In about 15 mins, I was fully geared with guns, ammo, and food/drink up the wazoo.  I found the new pump shotty and messed lots of zombie up with it.  So fun.  Quite the contrast from last week, when you had to do everything possible to survive.  Now as I came home after work, all the servers are down, and I agree with what MadTommy said.  The servers crash and then cannot reboot for some reason.  We can only hope things get changed...cause I love exp.

Where I am at is 12 hours different from the CR, last night all the exp servers went down about 8:30 PM my time and were all back up and operational by 9:00 PM.  I am not sure if they have a duty officer who watches the Experimental Branch or not, would be nice.

Edited by Barnabus

So much for playing on Exp.  Apparently all the US one are hosed up and you can't join any of them...

Not Really Mean To Be Complaining as i Still Enjoy the Game and Can Laugh at the Situation

But People Are More Durable than Game Developers Give them Credit For

It Takes a Long time to Die of Starvation

If Humanity was this Fragile To Die Before even a Single Day Has Passed We Wouldn't Have Made it out of our Infantsy as a Species

I would love for food to be really rare, but fill you up and sustain you accordingly.

• Like 1

All 1PP still offline...meh!

So are the 3pp... double meh! :(

(I saw your name on one of the servers today and I was like, hey, maybe we'll meet ingame! Finally someone I know (at least from the forums) :D

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

So much for playing on Exp.  Apparently all the US one are hosed up and you can't join any of them...

This is world wide my friend all the exp servers got ebola and died.

I had such high hopes for jumping on Experimental this weekend.  GG Bohemia Interactive!

DayZ Bug Tracker - [Exp 0.50.125144] All servers dying after 2nd restart. Now all dead worldwide!

Vote this up so they understand it really is an issue for everyone. Also read the comment by 'Jonny' (Bug Tracker Moderator).

Up-voted for you!

I'd love to get in even just a few hours of 0.50 this weekend at some point. I did play 0.49 for a while though to do some stuff for the wiki and enjoyed myself.

Well, I think they should do something about rope. 

I dont understand how my caracter can wear is gun or axe on his back without attaching it with a rope, or something like that. So, we should have to find rope for being able to carry our guns on our back.

It will be more realistic (a thing i dont care about i admite) but it will also force us to make some decisions : "I have no rope, I take my axe or this shotgun with only a few bullets?".

Also, I think we shouldn't be able to use gears in our backpack without an animation or something forcing us to stop and to wait a second. 

For my part, I cant reach my backpack and pick items inside it (I mean, IRL) without stopping runing, opening it and scearching for what I need. 

We should only be able to fast acces to stuff positionned in clothes. 

I hope ruined clothes and bags will also becaming totaly unusable, like "ho fuck my pocket are teared, i cant pu anything inside it". 

I absolutely agree with this

• Like 1

It's friday night. Nobody is going to be at work on Friday night fixing bug so that you all can play on experimental. If it's so terrible just go back to stable.

It's friday night. Nobody is going to be at work on Friday night fixing bug so that you all can play on experimental. If it's so terrible just go back to stable.

At the time you posted this it was no longer Friday night in the Czech Republic, in fact it was around 0800 AM Saturday morning.  At any rate there are no experimental servers to play on at the moment, the only choice is stable at this point in time.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Maybe twitter is the place to get their attention and see if someone can resart them with remote access or a simple phone call to the data centre. All servers have 24/7 support.

I'm a twitter nub..not sure who to russel up!

Skate helmet and welding helmet worn at the same time. Some clipping going on:

skate helmet has it own slot and something can (or will be able in future) atached on it!!