SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I feel like after the last week, tonight's build its going to feel like crazy easy mode. Still excited to play.

I almost hope that it won't be too easy. If build 125073 was "December" and 125xxx (today's update) is "September", I'm wondering what the default conditions were prior to 0.50? Like, spring... I guess? April? June?

Also hunger and thirst numbers got tweaked.

You sure? I kind of get that impression from what eugen said on Reddit, but I don't remember seeing him state that outright.

any chance for an release today ? 

.49 is unplayable for me

No way is 0.50 going to Stable today or even this week. How is 0.49 unplayable? 0.49 is a EASY mode compared to 0.50.

Updating from Experimental, 311.6 MB.

Nice! Thanks for that. Can anyone confirm a build number for me? (I'm still at work).

To anyone who's interested, an unofficial changelog is already started on Reddit and the MP-133 has already been spotted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2iom32/unofficial_changelog_050_0810/

So far every single building I've entered has loot in nearly every room, including buildings/rooms that previously had none.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

need some pictures from those rangefinders and welding mask :)

@solodude23

Edited by Aamunkajo

So far every single building I've entered has loot in nearly every room, including buildings/rooms that previously had none.

Gahhh! I need to hurry up and get done with work so I can go looting before it's all gone :p Too bad that won't be for a few hours.

Steam isn't grabbing this update for me yet. :/

I need to step out for a bit and just wanted to have it ready when I returned....

Loading the game brings up .50 and verifying cache did nothing.

Oommmm, oommmm, oommmm. *sigh*

After reading Eugene's tweet I feel a bit better about experimental, however if this is the direction Dayz is going I will be taking the winter months away from the game.

Living here in the frozen north, we tend to get some pretty nasty weather( was -50 Fahrenheit for well over a week in the winter and roughly 20 degrees colder than normal) I used Dayz as a way to escape the horrid conditions. Please don't get me wrong, I love Dayz and I am for some realism but when the games I play try to be too realistic its just time to put it away. Not that this is anywhere near realistic, eating and drinking after walking 1 km or freezing after 20 minutes.

I'm sorry but when I can go outside when its below freezing with a sweatshirt, sweatpants, work gloves and my hat and shovel snow for hours on end and not freeze or need to eat and drink every 5 to 10 minutes, come inside and boot Dayz up and listen to my character bitch and whine like my teenage daughter on her menstral cycle, its just time to walk away.

I had big hopes for Dayz but I think dean and the devs have been smoking way too much of that European bud to properly craft this game. Hell we might as well add the ability to piss and shit all over the place in the name of realism. The hunger/weather systems need some serious tweaking because even in the winter, it shouldn't be this bad. Yeah yeah tldr and git gud and stop being a carebear whiner Tobias

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 1

need some pictures from those rangefinders and welding mask :)

@solodude23

Some of these may not be my pics. Also, why can't I post pics here from steam? Says file extension not support or something like that.

MP-133 Shotgun

6GJdH46.jpg

Welding mask

2RgUfoN.jpg

Skate helmet

9s2H01N.jpg

Firefighter helmet

Y2EeCrK.jpg

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Yeah found me a skate helmet as well in the 5 mins I had before I CTD. Combined with the short canvas pants and I am a 1990s skater. Or a massive doofus, probably a bit of both.

• Like 2

first impressions: lots of loot and i was able to get (dark) green statuses pretty easily. not yet at full health. the movement bug is fixed for me. I have a welders mask

First bug found: Neither machetes nor kitchen knives open sardines. :( They will open cans of beans/peaches though! Edit: Tried a can opener to no avail.

Edit: Finding loot in places that I haven't seen it ever/ for a while. (Small sheds, certain rooms of buildings, even the wooden houses!)

Edit again: Found a welding mask! Also, loot seems to be spawning very fast. Seeing items around me that weren't there a second ago.

Also found a rangefinder.

also screwdrivers dont open cans either now

Rangefinder:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324040471

Yeah, Sardines seem to be indestructable now. BUT you can open cans with the crowbar now, which is quite plenty. They spill most of the food tho ( mostly they leave you 18 - 25% of the food )

Edited by ChainReactor

I almost hope that it won't be too easy. If build 125073 was "December" and 125xxx (today's update) is "September", I'm wondering what the default conditions were prior to 0.50? Like, spring... I guess? April? June?

You sure? I kind of get that impression from what eugen said on Reddit, but I don't remember seeing him state that outright.

No way is 0.50 going to Stable today or even this week. How is 0.49 unplayable? 0.49 is a EASY mode compared to 0.50.

Nice! Thanks for that. Can anyone confirm a build number for me? (I'm still at work).

To anyone who's interested, an unofficial changelog is already started on Reddit and the MP-133 has already been spotted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2iom32/unofficial_changelog_050_0810/

thirst/hunger deffo got tweaked imo (just from my experience playing)

• Like 2

Not so much in 3rd person servers, much, much more so in first person servers.  So much so that I can't play 1st person right now because that bug makes me dizzy and slightly nauseous when it hits.

that Means it Can Get Even Worse :o lol only Play 3rd Person thus far xD 

Wonder if it is a Connection issue  or what :| I Usualy Have a Ping of 64-125 tho

i dont Know its Quite Perplexing Hope with New Experimental Version thats Coming this Issue Goes Extinct ^_^

Edited by NokyoOkami

After reading Eugene's tweet I feel a bit better about experimental, however if this is the direction Dayz is going I will be taking the winter months away from the game.

Living here in the frozen north, we tend to get some pretty nasty weather( was -50 Fahrenheit for well over a week in the winter and roughly 20 degrees colder than normal) I used Dayz as a way to escape the horrid conditions. Please don't get me wrong, I love Dayz and I am for some realism but when the games I play try to be too realistic its just time to put it away. Not that this is anywhere near realistic, eating and drinking after walking 1 km or freezing after 20 minutes.

I'm sorry but when I can go outside when its below freezing with a sweatshirt, sweatpants, work gloves and my hat and shovel snow for hours on end and not freeze or need to eat and drink every 5 to 10 minutes, come inside and boot Dayz up and listen to my character bitch and whine like my teenage daughter on her menstral cycle, its just time to walk away.

I had big hopes for Dayz but I think dean and the devs have been smoking way too much of that European bud to properly craft this game. Hell we might as well add the ability to piss and shit all over the place in the name of realism. The hunger/weather systems need some serious tweaking because even in the winter, it shouldn't be this bad. Yeah yeah tldr and git gud and stop being a carebear whiner Tobias

I agree with you for the most part and they are working that out. One thing to remember is we are all fairly healthy, well fed, and well rested. During an apocalypse our characters will be fairly unrested, and malnourished. This will lead to our characters being susceptible to disease and reduce their ability to maintain homeostasis (ie. maintain body temperature). With that said once we can fortify houses or build structures so we can sleep safely and peacefully, and grow fresh food to maintain a balanced diet we should see an increase in our character's ability to withstand cold and not need as much food and water because our reserves (fat, glycogen) will be strong.

Let's hope they get it right. 

• Like 1

Hey so have they figured the control bug out? I don't want to reinstall exp just for my character to run around every which way. 

Thanks

Seems to be fixed; only time will tell.

Having the non-opening can bug too.  It would SUCK to have a can of food and a can opener when you starve to death.

Z

No walking bug as of yet. 

Seems to be fixed; only time will tell.

Having the non-opening can bug too.  It would SUCK to have a can of food and a can opener when you starve to death.

Z

I couldn't get anything to open a can of sardines, but I found that can openers only open beans and knives/axes/machetes will open everything but sardines.

Edited by solodude23

Agreed, lol Also From the Frozen North And it isnt that Bad xD Maybe they Havent Seen a Winter and its all Fear Speculations?

I agree with you for the most part and they are working that out. One thing to remember is we are all fairly healthy, well fed, and well rested. During an apocalypse our characters will be fairly unrested, and malnourished. This will lead to our characters being susceptible to disease and reduce their ability to maintain homeostasis (ie. maintain body temperature). With that said once we can fortify houses or build structures so we can sleep safely and peacefully, and grow fresh food to maintain a balanced diet we should see an increase in our character's ability to withstand cold and not need as much food and water because our reserves (fat, glycogen) will be strong.

Let's hope they get it right. 

My Character Eats Far Better than i Ever Have And Far More often and they always Complaining they are Hungry and Cold

Then Go and Die on me in Experimental lol was Already a Bit Bad in .49 But Now they Are even Worse about Eating to Much

Last Character: 2Cans Bacon+2CansPeaches+Can of Beans +3Oranges and a Zuchinni And drops Dead from Starvation Before i Make it out of Berezino where i Started lol xD

(Keep in Mind the Sun Has Barely Moved in the Sky so We Know Not Much Time Passed)

Not Really Mean To Be Complaining as i Still Enjoy the Game and Can Laugh at the Situation

But People Are More Durable than Game Developers Give them Credit For

It Takes a Long time to Die of Starvation

If Humanity was this Fragile To Die Before even a Single Day Has Passed We Wouldn't Have Made it out of our Infantsy as a Species

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 1

I found a Rangefinder, didnt get to play with it just got a screenshot b4 server crashed/restarted lol, ill get more pics later with it showing the distances ect

DayZ2014-10-0812-09-14-16_zps36d45e72.jp

DayZ2014-10-0812-09-35-52_zpsd1bb241d.jp

• Like 3

Steam isn't grabbing this update for me yet. :/

Loading the game brings up .50 and verifying cache did nothing.

You sure it didn't update in the background? Check your Downloads page.

Yeah, Sardines seem to be indestructable now. BUT you can open cans with the crowbar now, which is quite plenty. They spill most of the food tho ( mostly they leave you 18 - 25% of the food )

Boooo. This is going to change what I pick up quite a bit. Good to know that crowbars can be used now, I see them quite a bit. I also saw screwdrivers a lot though, and you can't use them anymore  <_<

thirst/hunger deffo got tweaked imo (just from my experience playing)

Good to hear!

New "hot" inventory screen status. (Unless I've just never seen it before)

That's definitely new.

Game just crashed three times in the space of 10 minutes, never had this happen this bad before. I will try and log in one more time and see what happens and will update this post.

Also loot is much better and so is hunger, thirsty and freezing so they are on the right tracks again, without the constant crashes i was actually enjoying the games with full servers.

Edit : Just CTD another two times in the space of ten minutes, not sure if it has something to do with something i have on me as when i first started i did not have any issues until about half an hour in but now it is every five minutes, big shame i wont be playing again until next patch as my game just will not stop crashing, i can't even fathom speaking to someone at the moment since i can't risk ctd half way through the conversation.

Edited by anotherdeadhero

Not sure if its new but now you can see when rain drops are actually hitting your body

BTW CTD for me too