SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

When I heard exp update .50 #5 came out I gave it a little try. I was in first person(all the 3rd person server were full). I was succecfully able to find a mosin and and leather sewing kit and brass knuckes. When I was in cherno I decided to go to balota. When I got there a couple of terribly aimed bandits tryed to shoot me but wasted all there ammo. In the last prison my game crashed so I got of. When on my short journey I've noticed a lot of food a reasonable amount of gear and weapons. Not alot of bugs (except crash) so far. If you guys keep starving there's a first person server waiting. (Its your only hope sometimes). But I've wonder have any of you found the new guns. Right now all I've seen is youtubers weild the bran new weapons. Wondering if any of you guys can share some places were you found your new guns and other stuff. We all want the new stuff.

never saw this before :D

iovfqpcx.jpg

Ha a pig time to get some porckchop. But I swear I saw a pig in bernzino in the first exp update of .50. Might have been my imagination or a cow. Edited by DaNic2553

When I heard exp update .50 #5 came out I gave it a little try. I was in first person(all the 3rd person server were full). I was succecfully able to find a mosin and and leather sewing kit and brass knuckes. When I was in cherno I decided to go to balota. When I got there a couple of terribly aimed bandits tryed to shoot me but wasted all there ammo. In the last prison my game crashed so I got of. When on my short journey I've noticed a lot of food a reasonable amount of gear and weapons. Not alot of bugs (except crash) so far. If you guys keep starving there's a first person server waiting. (Its your only hope sometimes). But I've wonder have any of you found the new guns. Right now all I've seen is youtubers weild the bran new weapons. Wondering if any of you guys can share some places were you found your new guns and other stuff. We all want the new stuff.

Yup. Darringer, lever action rifle, pump shotgun, magazine for one of the new AKs. Truth be told, i "Found" the pump action by killing it's owner. I Isiah try to be peaceful on Exp, but i saw him running around and thought I'd try my luck with the hoe. One hit did it. But then i soon got my comeuppance when i was shot in the back in the same area...

Also saw the 2 new backpacks, and some of the other new items. Pretty neat.

No server or client crashes over 4 hours or so.

I think I found my repeater in a log cabin house, I'm a little fuzzy on that. I found several pump shotguns in the Novo hotel. And I think a repeater? But im not sure. I havent found a derringer yet.

Does anyone else thinks there is too much loot everywhere. I found at least 25 backpacks, most of them new dry bags.

Does anyone else thinks there is too much loot everywhere. I found at least 25 backpacks, most of them new dry bags.

New items always have a highly increased spawn rate.

New items always have a highly increased spawn rate.

I found lots of good old Taloons, sometimes 2 in same room. Havent found pistols from Svetloyarsk to Pustoshka

Your all a bunch of raging alcoholics <_<  

Nobody will consume such a Single Malt to get drunk. It's too expensive and a lot too special for that purpose...

• Like 1

I found lots of good old Taloons, sometimes 2 in same room. Havent found pistols from Svetloyarsk to Pustoshka

Because drybags and taloons share the same spawnpoints.

As for pistols, check black log cabins. Noone ever checks those, but they have a weapon spawnpoint. My current character found a 1911 and a Derringer there.

• Like 2

Something interesting for all of those who didn't follow the unofficial changelog on /r/DayZ, user Lord_Meshadieme found out that there is another player status in the gamefiles now called "Kuru".

So it seems we're going for cannibalism.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2kpqjo/1029_050_experimental_unofficial_changelog/clo72jj

• Like 2

As for pistols, check black log cabins. Noone ever checks those, but they have a weapon spawnpoint. My current character found a 1911 and a Derringer there.

In .50 I allways check those small houses that are yellow from three sides and wooden wall on side where entrance is. Found SKS and Rosi there (one on top of another) but no pistols. I usualy found Magnum and 1911 there. Anyway, there was too much loot on servers I played on. There was enough loot for 150 players not to starve and all have rifles and ammo. 

Something interesting for all of those who didn't follow the unofficial changelog on /r/DayZ, user Lord_Meshadieme found out that there is another player status in the gamefiles now called "Kuru".

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2kpqjo/1029_050_experimental_unofficial_changelog/clo72jj

That's only slightly creepy lol. 

But I've wonder have any of you found the new guns. Right now all I've seen is youtubers weild the bran new weapons. Wondering if any of you guys can share some places were you found your new guns and other stuff. We all want the new stuff.

didn't found anything related to the new AK74 and AKS74U except some ammo. youtubers and their friends hopped all the barracks continuously when last 0.50 was released. beeing the first to show the new weapons gives you a lot of views on youtube i guess...

less than 2h after the patch release, silo already had a video on youtube showing AK74, AKS74U and 30 round 5.45*39 mags, no wonder how he gets those <_<

well, you'll find loot everywhere exept the barrack wich are all looted clean

ps : i'm sick of hoppers, especially in exp where there are few servers :(

Interesting last post in this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207048-the-effects-of-starvation-cannibalism-and-injuries-on-the-players-body-and-using-the-natural-enviroment-to-your-advantage/?hl=kuru

• Like 2

Heh.. its almost like the Devs are encouraging KoS heh.. heh.. heh

I'm joking.

-edit-

Ran into a wierd compass bug. The needle got stuck, but relogging fixed it.

Also, I've been finding Military zombies like, everywhere lately, even in the middle of the woods on a nearly empty server, not near anywhere. Anyone else get this?

Edited by snwh

It seems the more you play the more you crash...when I wrote my last comment here I experienced zero crashes, both serverside and clientside. Now, after a few (non consecutives) hours of gameplay my client is crashing like crazy (servers seems pretty stable though). Today it happened already six times in a two-hour playing session...the last two pretty annoying - first in a house in Berezino when I was aiming towards another player, then in the middle of a field where I was going to hunt a hog to eat some good steaks.

Already checked my Steam files, everything's fine. Anyone noticed something like that? It seems it happens more often near cities or mid-sized towns.

Edited by DocWolf

Yeah, walk in the door and turn right. The spawnpoint is the far right corner. I've found a couple derringers, other pistols, even shotguns there.

I love this new experimental , I noticed you can easily walk out of the elevator shafts that are in those apartment buildings that tents spawn in, now looking for tents is a sinch seeing as I never have to glitch out of the bottom anymore ... Overall loving .50 especially this latest iteration I can't wait for it to go stable , I have yet to find the derringer or the two new aks but I've found the ammo for them , brass knuckles (which I keep as a backup melee ONLY for interrogating bandits , they are golden :) )

Quick question, if I go into Beta mode, am I able to access both exp and stable servers?

Quick question, if I go into Beta mode, am I able to access both exp and stable servers?

Only if the versions fit. But usually - no.

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1

I have read somewhere...dunno if it was twitter, dayzblog...or any of the million places they post info, that cannibalism "is probably likely". Think it was that Hitch guy posting.

Btw, do anyone know if the sounds from eating and drinking are still bugged?

Today I was on a full experimental server and there was opening cans and eating sounds non stop! :P

Even opening doors and other inventory sounds.

Edited by svisketyggeren

I guess they are working on controller support (if nobody else mentioned it so far). I had my xbox fight stick pluged in and the in game menu looked like this:

11rr5l3.jpg

Unplugged it and back to normal... let the elitist bile spill forth :P .

• Like 1