SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I've seen one zombie walk through a door, all the rest I've encountered have been blocked by them. So I must admit I haven't noticed any difference in that area since introduction of the nav mesh.

I didn't have a single zed walk through a wall or door yesterday.

A couple of them stood outside an open door and basically let me punch them in the head.

I didn't have a single zed walk through a wall or door yesterday.

A couple of them stood outside an open door and basically let me punch them in the head.

I get wary of zombies stopping at the door now. My experience has been that about 2/3 of the time, when that occurs, it's because my hitbox got stuck outside the building... and the zeds are about to start bashing me when I'm nowhere near them  <_<

Has everyone been getting character wipes with every small experimental update recently?

It doesn't really bother me, just curious. I think every patch for the last month or two has wiped my character, even the small incremental ones. Is this the case for everyone?

Cheers for any info.

Yep, this is normal.

So I haven't played a lot but it seems for footwear it's sprinting that really does the damage. My jog/walks through town seemed to cause a lot less wear and tear*.

*Which itself is pretty heavy, my poor wellies just fall apart.

Edited by Ebrim

At this tender moment in our history Ladies and Gentlemen i think its only fitting to offer a Prayer to Saint Hubbins. :rolleyes:

bTAUqEN.jpg?1

• Like 5

This shoe wear is killing my feet. Need new shoes every 5 minutes :(

Edited by escobert

Welp, as far as this current run goes: No matches, no heatpacks and the only way I can stop "shaking" is when I wear a down jacket and run for a good long while, then I "slowly warm up", but it never works for very long.

How do gloves and hats alter the rate of heating up / cooling down? I think it's time I brush up my knowledge about the cold / heat system and clothing items and their relevance to it.

And I think there are more Zeds around... or is it just me?

Sure seems that way.

Welp, as far as this current run goes: No matches, no heatpacks and the only way I can stop "shaking" is when I wear a down jacket and run for a good long while, then I "slowly warm up", but it never works for very long.

How do gloves and hats alter the rate of heating up / cooling down? I think it's time I brush up my knowledge about the cold / heat system and clothing items and their relevance to it.

Wobo's videos are always very infomative in my opinion. Mostly answers all the questions I have! ;-)

Edited by Haviland
  • Like 4

Dankeschoen, genau das was ich gesucht habe! :D

(Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!)

• Like 1

At least this update has changed my outlook on the game, I used to be so happy to find an M4 or AKM etc, now I am elated at finding a box of matches a waterproof coat and a 5 spare pairs of shoes.

Edited by Durzos

Ole McYano Had a farm E-eye E-eye Ohhh yeahhh baby !!

oT4ylSV.jpg?1

VmxwiMf.jpg?1

Plants are amazing looking , right down to the little "hairs" on the stalks. Really well done

• Like 10

Plants are amazing looking , right down to the little "hairs" on the stalks. Really well done

Before I scrolled down to see the rest of the post, I actually thought your first picture was a blurry real-life photo of tomato plants  :huh:

• Like 7

Before I scrolled down to see the rest of the post, I actually thought your first picture was a blurry real-life photo of tomato plants  :huh:

Same here, some really nice work there.

• Like 1

I'm just getting the hang of posting pics so i lost a little of the quality along the way from Imagur to here it appears when i reduced the size, but i didnt think anyone needed to see poster sized pics :D

I just planted my first greenhouse, I'm hoping the server reset doesn't kill my tomatoes. :(

Ok I promise no more giant pics of tomato plants , but small details like this in just plants shows me that whats in store for the future of this game is going to be mind blowing.

FWeRTrX.jpg?1

• Like 4

So I wanted to test what happens with sore feet as clearly it does some amount of damage.

As a healthy person, energized to the point of healing I stripped naked in the valley north of Svetlo and started sprinting along the roads. By the time I got to Svetlo I stopped healing, which was good because whenever I'd stop even briefly it would only take a couple seconds to get back to healthy status. Obviously then the amount of damage sore feet does is vanishingly small. Anywho I sprinted from Svetlo down the coastal road to Three Valleys before I got bored and decided to end myself trying to make a gas station blow up by punching whilst getting hit by zombies. It actually took the zombies a surprisingly long time to kill me even though I should have been taking constant damage ever since I left Svetlo. Whatever the case it's safe to assume for this build that the only real practical impact of shoe degradation and condition of your feet is that one shouldn't really count on the warmth factor of their footware. Perhaps for aesthetic reasons one might want to maintain their footware but that's going to be a rather challenging task with the current levels of decay. Maybe just maybe the foot condition may play out as somewhat significant to newspawns who are suffering from the "millions of newspawns coming through here" wasteland effect in the south but I doubt even that.

I'm really interested to see where this goes in the future though. I can imagine all sorts of interesting things that could be related one day to not taking proper care of your feet.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 4

How To Grow Plants / Tomato Seeds - DayZ Standalo…

Tomatoes take 10 mins pookie has some other useful guides too

ah thx mate :thumbsup: I was trying it last night again, and it works really well.

A screen of the different growing status of the plants.

ctm8rans.jpg

And yes, as Yano said, the details are very nice :wub:  But, for me, 6-10 tomatos would be enough for one plant.

Someone asking about getting sick in experimental. Before the last exp update this wednesday, I saw sick too. I ate 3 or 4 cooked steaks and got the sick status. Past ~30min I was healing again and the sickness was gone.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

sorry for double post....

Edited by xCAPx

I wish I could play for more than five minutes before I disconnect. 

• Like 3

3 things i want to share:

1. Not even one CTD for me (didnt expect that)

2. Servers restarting like crazy !

3. Found small bug, you can't chamber makarov with .380 it says "it doesn't fit there" :huh:

• Like 1

3 things i want to share:

1. Not even one CTD for me (didnt expect that)

2. Servers restarting like crazy !

3. Found small bug, you can't chamber makarov with .380 it says "it doesn't fit there" :huh:

1. CTDs still happen to me, at about the same rate, i.e. pretty often.

2. Yep.

3. This bug exists in stable version too.

Here is my experience so far. Gear galore...especially food. Within 15 mins I had everything I needed. Guns are everywhere especially sks. In less then 2 hours I had my hands on a mosin, sks, repeater, pump shotty, reg shot gun, ak101, and almost every hand gun but fx and magnum. If you carry two guns, the dropped one disappears, and you must log off/on to see it again.

I haven't had any CTD, but I've had maybe 2 of them in over 600 hours of play. Servers are restarting almost every 20 mins on average.

Shoes are degrading at an alarming rate. Be prepared to get a new set of shoes in every town and I've started carrying an extra pair. I can confirm that there is some health loss from ruined shoes as I was constantly in healing mode much of the time.

Zombies haven't been going through walls as much. They seem to hit a lot harder, and seemed like when bleeding, my screen was turning black and white a bit faster...But really unsure if this is the case.

Gonna play some more, just went through nwaf without seeing anyone, in fact have only seen one player, but he didn't see me.

I can imagine all sorts of interesting things that could be related one day to not taking proper care of your feet.

2elf8lc.png

• Like 7