SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I share your experience. I also faced a lot of hate when bringin this up. 

So, how if we try to map where it is "easy" to play and where it is "almost inpossible". I mean wich servers, if it might be a issue on servers?

Those I have tried wich made me die of starvation within 10 minutes are Swedish, Brittish and German servers. Can someone who has a easy time starting as freshspawn tell on what servers he/she has played?

If you joined the server when they first updated then you'll find it easy for the first few hours. If you join,say, 48 hours later you'll find it very difficult. I actually tried a us server last night and checked out lapatino and it was empty of loot but given the time differences I'd guess the euro servers emptied of loot before the us servers as most players wouldn't get onto the us servers until after work.

Well Persistance for items NOT touched by a player seems to be working .. I saw an mpfive in the elektro police station but already had an mp133 so decided to keep the shotgun , after a reset me and a partner jumped back onto the same server (us northeast 0-8 first person) I ran over to see if the mp5 was still there for my friend and low and behold there she was still in the same spot .. Although I HAVE NOT checked to see if items picked up by a player then dropped are staying after restart , that could be a whole different issue ..

I was playing on the same server yesterday before class;The server reset ,but i didn't have same results. My character reset. I had the new shotgun before hand and lost it.Talk about nerve wrecking i had decent loot as well. Coincidentally it was when i ran into a couple other players though...

The one thing we can safely assume with almost every experimental patch is that some people will declare it unplayable. Yet by some miracle of the DayZ gods, some people will play it just fine.

Thank you! That's really all I'm saying. At least this time around, the game is actually difficult and people are complaining about real, legitimate problems and not just things that annoy them personally.

if you had read few previous posts then you would have known he isnt a single person facing that problem.

I've read almost every single post in this thread so far. I recognize that some people are facing difficulty. Those same people seem to think that their experience represents the experience of everyone... I am merely here to counter that with my own, opposite experience. Comment on the game all you want, just don't call it "unplayable".

But since you never tried to play the exp as a fresh spawn at this stage the servers are in right now your argument is invalid. 

Umm... I'm the one jumping to conclusions? Okay then. I guess you must have been following me around when I played last night -- otherwise you have no idea what my experience was like, or when I played, etc.

Can we drop the negativity and just agree to disagree? :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

i wonder why people keep playing UK01 which is full the whole morning when theres no items on it?!

stop wasting your time there it has no point... wait for a server reboot.

If they are running persistence, server reboot will not respawn loot. Only looting will respawn loot.

Umm... I'm the one jumping to conclusions? Okay then. I guess you must have been following me around when I played last night -- otherwise you have no idea what my experience was like, or when I played, etc.

Can we drop the negativity and just agree to disagree? :)

I'm not even close to being negative here mate. :) I'm just saying how the servers looks right now. I do know that the servers were filled (more or less 2x) with loot, and I had no problems at all getting loot, until the server restarted or crashed, dunno what happen really. Sadly my character was wiped, no biggie. I just started over, but sadly I was not able to find any loot at all on several different EU exp servers. But as Gubbjaveln wrote, this issue might only be on the European servers but I don't know. But I'm sure that if you start fresh right now (and the american servers have the same issue as the eu ones), you'll know exactly what I'm talking about :) 

the funny thing is, when Zed's somehow "see" you through the wall.

Then you open the door, and there are 3 Zeds already aggro'ed waiting for you xDD

afaik they are still on placeholder AI (while working on the real deal), which means you can't stealth them and they will randomly aggro on you based on vicinity rather than line of sight or anything other clever.

Can opening bug needs fixing!

Can opening are currently being reworked entirely, which is why it is bugged in the current version.

• Like 2

God dangit i fee like im missing all the action at school.

Alright, this is actually kind of insane. It's probably the biggest glitch that I've ever seen in DayZ, but it's really subtle, and you'd never know it if you didn't have a friend with you.

Watch this video and you'll see it. 

Here are the screenshots of an example. The first is his view of my female survivor...

6P9HsfC.jpg?1

The next is my view of him in the Gorka outfit standing right in front of his "sign".

S1gKAyL.jpg?1

Edited by Rags
  • Like 4

What the hell ? Planes walkers !! damn son so someone could be camping on an invisible firestation ? I'm scurred..

• Like 1

Just logged onto one of the 1st person US servers, I was in downtown Svetlo, there was no shortage of equipment immediately at hand. Fireaxe, pristine raincoat, worn down jacket, can of tactical bacon, banana off the top of my head and that was just what I saw in a couple minutes wandering around a very small space (the downtown rail area next to the harbor industrial). Presumably this is a high-traffic area as well.

Edited by Ebrim

- snip -

Wow, that's weird. But hey, you know what you should've done? If your friend claims that there is a gas station, you should've asked him to shoot the pumps. :)

• Like 2

Just logged onto one of the 1st person US servers, I was in downtown Svetlo, there was no shortage of equipment immediately at hand. Fireaxe, pristine raincoat, worn down jacket, can of tactical bacon, banana off the top of my head and that was just what I saw in a couple minutes wandering around a very small space (the downtown rail area next to the harbor industrial). Presumably this is a high-traffic area as well.

I'm guessing that the US exp servers are working fine compared to our EU "no loot" servers then. 

I'm guessing that the US exp servers are working fine compared to our EU "no loot" servers then. 

Maybe, I'll have to log onto an EU server later today and see what it's like.

Edited by Ebrim

I've had the same problem on this side of the pond as well.

I would join a server that had NO loot in it, and then I would just leave the server and join another and then...voila. Everything's right as rain.

I'm not even close to being negative here mate. :) I'm just saying how the servers looks right now. I do know that the servers were filled (more or less 2x) with loot, and I had no problems at all getting loot, until the server restarted or crashed, dunno what happen really. Sadly my character was wiped, no biggie. I just started over, but sadly I was not able to find any loot at all on several different EU exp servers. But as Gubbjaveln wrote, this issue might only be on the European servers but I don't know. But I'm sure that if you start fresh right now (and the american servers have the same issue as the eu ones), you'll know exactly what I'm talking about :)

May I make a suggestion? When you think your character may have been wiped following a server restart, try joining another server which hasn't recently restarted. There's often a hiccup with servers connecting to the central hive immediately following a restart that will make it seem as though your character was deleted. Playing for too long with the "new" character will overwrite your old one, though.

God dangit i fee like im missing all the action at school.

I feel that way at work :(

its all good to me now, thanks for whatever you guys did, i couldnt join a server all day now i can and its full of items :)

By the way, Is it new that your character refuses to light up a campfire due to safety purposes?

I tried to light one up inside one of those black log cabins and it wont work, only gave me a status message like "Cannot light fire, it's not safe" or similar, can't remember the exact text.

EDIT: Nvm, it just got adressed in this weeks status report.

Edited by ChainReactor

Since I hadn't played since last night, I was a bit intimidated when I finally logged on right now, because according to many here, I would basically be facing barren landscapes and starvation. Imagine my surprise when I logged into a European server and found Zelenogorsk chock full of loot of all kinds. Food and drink and clothing everywhere. I walked into a ground floor workshop and there was a yellow protective case in pristine condition lying right on the floor. I doubled my supply of shotgun shells for my MP133 and could probably have continued if not for server restart.

I logged on to my 1pp character whom I left in the outskirts of Elektro, and same thing, lots of good basic loot, no barren anything.

So I don't know what server you played on, but possibly you logged on to another plane with no loot (as a subtle hint to the somewhat disconcerting videos posted above).

Since I hadn't played since last night, I was a bit intimidated when I finally logged on right now, because according to many here, I would basically be facing barren landscapes and starvation. Imagine my surprise when I logged into a European server and found Zelenogorsk chock full of loot of all kinds. Food and drink and clothing everywhere. I walked into a ground floor workshop and there was a yellow protective case in pristine condition lying right on the floor. I doubled my supply of shotgun shells for my MP133 and could probably have continued if not for server restart.

I logged on to my 1pp character whom I left in the outskirts of Elektro, and same thing, lots of good basic loot, no barren anything.

So I don't know what server you played on, but possibly you logged on to another plane with no loot (as a subtle hint to the somewhat disconcerting videos posted above).

Yep, it's confirmed. All the EU servers has loot on them now for some strange reason. But not this morning though... Guess it was just some minor server bug.

I'm finding all kinds of loot...The only problem i seem to be having is the occasional crash and Some loot seems to be randomly disappearing(example:Moved a piece of rope from coat to backpack and completely vanished,Also When i was carrying a frying pan and went to drink a can of soda on the ground. The frying pan completely disappeared and even though it showed the soda in my hands it showed it on the ground as well.After i was done drinking it the soda disappeared,but the frying pan never re-appeared or was found). 

Edit: I forgot to mention there was an opened can of beans in the pan as well. I don't know if that could of helped contributed to it. Figured it might of something to mention as well. Because it might of...

Edited by Scarcifer

What?!!!! Loot is back!? Woohoo! 

Fantastic news! I'm going in!

To everyone saying loot is bugged because "nothing spawns": have you tried moving away from spawnzones and nearby towns? In the previous iteration of 0.50, for example, there was no loot (as in ZERO items) in Solnichniy and surrounding areas for ages, but I was able to find something in Dolina and something more around Shakhovka.

I don't know if it's the same with this iteration of 0.50, at the moment I was able to play a little just yesterday evening and got stuck in spawning areas: but maybe loot is respawning as intended, only not in the same area where you picked up but somewhere else. AFAIK if you loot an item it should reappear somewhere in a 2 or more km radius - most spawn areas probably respawn their loot a little inland. Did someone tried a trip in some of the nearest inland towns? I don't know if I'm correct in this, I'm asking because at this point I'm curious - may I have misinterpreted loot respawn feature?

You are wrong, picking up an item does not change the next place it spawns, if persistence is working correctly then all this will do is mean a new item will spawn there once the server restarts or after a certain amount of time and anything that has not been touched means that nothing new will spawn there as the old item is still there. Persistence does not change the place loot spawns.

Has anyone found a Rossi yet? Also Deer stands are excellent for finding pistol and low tier mags, they're full of Sporter, CR527 and pistol mags.

and HOW it has been found

11 rounds of pure awesomeness

• Like 3