Cptn_Miller

Forum names = no kos

You have seemed to miss all the videos in the gallery where bandits proudly claim their kills, this is not a new idea nor a good one.

I don't get the parallel between this and the op...

I think it's a cool idea personally...

• Like 1

There's a lot of very openly KOS people on the forums. If you think that someone if friendly because they are from the forums you are very mistaken. They will kill you and post the video.

How do you avoid to KoS people based on name? You will always see them long before you will know their names...

I usually use Konstantin as my in game name. I've found [FOG] Irish on a server though!

When / if i reconize a name from these forums in-game i try not to kos and make contact... I'll admit iv only seen a few names in a game i recognized and never ran into those people but always wanted to keep that option open.  Seems like one of the few ways to potentially weed out a hostile and maybe even make contact with said hostile...

After many bad encounters, as we all know, many of us have turned into murderers - not by choice but by these horrific wasteland encounters that have warped our otherwise good natures...

Granted that these encounters can and prob will only happen on very low population servers where the list of names is short, would be very difficult on a 40/40 server - see a familiar name - then try to find that person lol.  Like Cpt Miller would say " Like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles..", altho he did find Pvt Ryan... maybe we can to and not die on a bridge...

My name doesn't fit in D: I am helpless!

There's a lot of very openly KOS people on the forums. If you think that someone if friendly because they are from the forums you are very mistaken. They will kill you and post the video.

Yeah i get that, the op does too, he never said the outcome of him trying to meet people from the forum in game was gonna end with hugs and kisses.

If you're kitted out like all hell, wandering around a military base, you're a threat to me. Being a bit more casual, maybe a little less threatening outside of a high risk area while I'm not in a shooty-shooty mood? Expect some ambush threats that slowly evolve into 'socialization.'

Though, to be honest, I don't give a shit what you guys on the forums say. If I'm bored and I see a group of armed guys, I'm going to engage. Why? Its fun. Combat is fun in this game. Even if I die, I've sacrificed my 'gear' for a tense engagement.

Of course, talking with people can be fun! Meeting friendlies, for sure! Except that can get a bit boring when the friendliest guy you meet doesn't talk and just kinda ignores your existence.

Basically, if the encounter is interesting - Both of us hopefully live! If it isn't, uh, well, then an engagement sparks out. Bad shit happens. Rounds whiz through the air. Someone's head goes SPLAT. The end!

• Like 3

Because most of them there use their forum name as their in game name, just like I do, though I'm no bandit.

• Like 1

I play as "What's a bambi?"

If you see my name - kill me, as large percentage of time I play a "baddie".

Well, my current ingame name is something like k+klasdfkjfaen. Not quite sure, but it starts with a k and there is a + in there somewhere in the beginning :).

Killed a dude named Smash yesterday on Epoch, immediatelly thought of this forum, lol. Names are a funny thing.

The only forumer I've met through name identification was leviski, and that was back in the mod days (shame we never met up).

try to be a friendly person, regardless of who you are/where you're from.

• Like 1

All you have to do is shift-tab in game to see Steam accounts, and usually they are close if not the same as forum names. 

Ive played with several forum members but have yet to actually randomly meet them in game.. Ive met many by metagaming and sending them PM's but no random encounters yet.

I did meet some really nice guy last night in Experimental, from Brazil. Our language barrier was a bit much, but I was able to at least tell him to head to the Escuela! and he knew exactly what I meant.. took me 5 minutes to find out if he needed the saline I had in my hands, finally he sees the saline and says, "oh hey man, I need that.. good good." (He spoke much better english than I did portuguese). Im fairly certain after sending him a friend request post server restart, and him logging off, that he is a forum member here.. His clan at least posts from time to time, I recognize the tag and a few names. In any event, its fun to not KOS from time even if you are a cold blooded bandit like me ;) 

• Like 3

If you happen to encounter any FOG clan members, let us know who you are here on the forums. Our guys have itchy trigger fingers lol.

Although I can't speak for every member, but if I recognize you personally, I'll make sure we don't give you a hard time.  ;)

• Like 2

i'd kill me if i found me..

Best post I've seen on these forums in a looooooong time  :lol:

• Like 3

That's why i like my name, am i the dead hero or am i the one who killed the hero, you will never know. Unless of course you meet me in game  :D

I am DoctorWhy here and always in game.

If I am by myself come say hi I'm playing my survivor man style.

If I am in a group it's totally random. You could catch a bullet or end up travelling with us. I absolutely can't control my partner Danger Ranger.

I'm usually on pimpsys loot mania, kilos wasteland, orcz or in hardcore dolina trading post.

Edited by DoctorWhy

If you happen to encounter any FOG clan members, let us know who you are here on the forums. Our guys have itchy trigger fingers lol.

Although I can't speak for every member, but if I recognize you personally, I'll make sure we don't give you a hard time.  ;)

I absolutely love the for older gamers videos. I'd love to join your clan for a round of craziness and trivia.

P.s c.n in c.n tower is Canadian national lol

• Like 2

Good to know, iv been on servers and seen FOG members, always got scared and left server cause there was like 3 or more clan members lol.... all those videos of clans banditing / raping people... the horror.  But if i see you guys ill give the hands up and spam my name and hopefully someone recognises it and dont rape me.

• Like 2

Good to know, iv been on servers and seen FOG members, always got scared and left server cause there was like 3 or more clan members lol.... all those videos of clans banditing / raping people... the horror.  But if i see you guys ill give the hands up and spam my name and hopefully someone recognises it and dont rape me.

Watch their vids if you're smart or cool you'll most likely live.

• Like 3

I think it would benefit the game to remove the names list. Tell us how many people are playing, but not who is playing. The names list has a direct impact on peoples actions in-game, I don't think that's a good thing for a game like DayZ. There's something about the idea of never knowing who is in the server with you that I like.

They also need to get rid of ALL of the server messages, idgaf who is losing connection.

I think it would benefit the game to remove the names list. Tell us how many people are playing, but not who is playing. The names list has a direct impact on peoples actions in-game, I don't think that's a good thing for a game like DayZ. There's something about the idea of never knowing who is in the server with you that I like.

They also need to get rid of ALL of the server messages, idgaf who is losing connection.

Meh. I think it is good that you can see who is playing in your server. And BTW how many times your game experience has changed because of the playerlist? I agree that server messages and BattlEye messages must go away for the most part.