OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

the problem is your golf analogy sucks.

It's sucks to you because it proves you're wrong. People have the right to act however they want on the golf course barring racism, destruction of property, etc. And that might be their allowable "play style" but that doesn't mean I can't walk out on them and play somewhere else with someone else. 

People have the right to act however they want on the golf course 

you must go to some shitty courses.

you must go to some shitty courses.

"People have the right to act however they want on the golf course barring racism, destruction of property, etc

Next time, don't just stop reading and then reply to that post. 

That's like saying "if you don't like playing with drunk idiots on the golf course, maybe this isn't the right game for you." No, I just don't want to play with drunk idiots.

If you don't like people combat logging against immaturity, maybe you should ask yourself are you playing the right game for you? 

Sorry man this comment is really just dumb... Dayz is a game made up with what you might call drunken idiots in golf.. it is a play style that is allowed and actively even encouraged with the mechanics in game. I realize this and thus adapt my play style to counter this. If while golfing it was the norm even at the top levels to play like a drunken yobo would you still play golf??

well thats what your doing here and instead of adapting you decide to break the rules and stamp your feet and like a child say i am going home with my bat and ball. Not to mention your using a come back that equates to i know you are what am i (the usual response of children in my day when being called a name.

I have been playing Dayz since may 2012 i have come to accept what can and will happen in dayz and i am willing to play it warts and all , my way within the rules, not spit the dummy because people aren't up to your high standards .

Thats what your doing mate its not actually being mature its being imature because your expecting people to play a sandbox game in a way that meets your standards(this isnt golf there isnt a dress code there isnt many in the way of rules no cheat /hacking or exploiting thats it.

I can live with that and as such i am happy to play dayz you cant accept it ,the players are to childish for you LOL.

• Like 2

Sorry man this comment is really just dumb... Dayz is a game made up with what you might call drunken idiots in golf.. it is a play style that is allowed and actively even encouraged with the mechanics in game. I realize this and thus adapt my play style to counter this. If while golfing it was the norm even at the top levels to play like a drunken yobo would you still play golf??

well thats what your doing here and instead of adapting you decide to break the rules and stamp your feet and like a child say i am going home with my bat and ball. Not to mention your using a come back that equates to i know you are what am i (the usual response of children in my day when being called a name.

I have been playing Dayz since may 2012 i have come to accept what can and will happen in dayz and i am willing to play it warts and all , my way within the rules, not spit the dummy because people aren't up to your high standards .

Thats what your doing mate its not actually being mature its being imature because your expecting people to play a sandbox game in a way that meets your standards(this isnt golf there isnt a dress code there isnt many in the way of rules no cheat /hacking or exploiting thats it.

I can live with that and as such i am happy to play dayz you cant accept it ,the players are to childish for you LOL.

I used golf/tennis as a analogy (which by definition means that it will not be perfect in every imaginable facet, so please don't try to pick it apart because that defeats its purpose) to prove one simple point - every player of any game on this planet has the right to play with whomever they want to play with. And regardless of whether or not you consider someone's "play style" to be legit, that doesn't mean that everyone has to play along. For you to say otherwise is the epitome of arrogance. 

Edited by Chepaco

I can't believe you're still here defending your faggy "play style". KoS is a proper way of playing the game, not "immature nonsense". Your comparisons are total shit son.

DayZ is obviously too much for a coward like you...

You must be part of the being a Killa makes you a badass! crew, how fun.

KoS is cowardly and cheap if someone doesn't even know you're there what challenge is there, I prefer to shoot at people that look like a threat then it's up to them whether or not they have a firefight with me or leave.

KoS is the "faggy" 12 year old playstyle.

Not that KoS isn't suitable under certain circumstances.

I don't think I've ever combat logged but I can see why, usually only get in to combat situations when I'm getting bored anyway so I enjoy getting groups of people to chase me through forests and such with guns, it's funny how much ammo they waste and get like nothing in return.

I used golf/tennis as a analogy (which by definition means that it will not be perfect in every imaginable facet, so please don't try to pick it apart because that defeats its purpose) to prove one simple point - every player of any game on this planet has the right to play with whomever they want to play with. And regardless of whether or not you consider someone's "play style" to be legit, that doesn't mean that everyone has to play along. For you to say otherwise is the epitome of arrogance. 

that's kind of like saying, if I want to play basketball and I am not going to bother dribbling because that's how play, that is my playstyle, and not everyone has to play along. if you don't like it, well you are arrogant / ignorant / whatever the hell else you've been repeating.

there are certain rules to certain games, dayz having like 2. sure, you can keep logging in combat because the dev implementation sucks or isn't working, but to seriously justify that shit? man, give it up, you are an 8 page running joke now.

• Like 2

that's kind of like saying, if I want to play basketball and I am not going to bother dribbling because that's how play, that is my playstyle, and not everyone has to play along. if you don't like it, well you are arrogant / ignorant / whatever the hell else you've been repeating.

there are certain rules to certain games, dayz having like 2. sure, you can keep logging in combat because the dev implementation sucks or isn't working, but to seriously justify that shit? man, give it up, you are an 8 page running joke now.

NO, it's like saying I won't play basketball with an opposing team that just shoots from half court every time instead of setting up their offense, because they think it's funny and cute. Is there a rule that says that a basketball team is not allowed to heave half-court shots all day long? Well of course not. But I don't have to play with them. And when they come to the forums, like so many of you have, and cry about combat loggers and how it ruined their "basketball" game because there was no one to goof off with, I really couldn't give a rip. They have every right to play the game that way if they want, just don't come here crying that people logged off on you. 

No the epitome of arrogance is trying to justify breaking the rules of a game on grounds that people arent playing the way you want them to when they are playing in a manner allowed ( even if it is an asshole way to play )

We shall go back to golf, if the club you played at had a rule about leaving a game during play would you leave the game? If it was enforced with penalty as it is with dayz( even if it is a very light one of having your character stay so those playing can kill and rob your body anyway) would you keep playing golf??

You run into people who play a way you dont like run from the combat and when you have lost them log out by all means and go elsewhere or take your death as intended by the devs and then go elsewhere.

There is no real reason to combat log,  nothing you have said was a valid reason, it can all be dealt with another way.

I have to ask are you really that bad at the game that you get often caught by these types of players?? 225km2 is alot of room to avoid players..

No the epitome of arrogance is trying to justify breaking the rules of a game on grounds that people arent playing the way you want them to when they are playing in a manner allowed 

And like I've said, a million times, there is NO RULE ANYWHERE that states we as players do not have the right to choose the kind of people we want to play with. NO RULE WHATSOEVER. Show me the rule, buddy. Btw, quoting a dev tweet, and adding your own interpretation and assumptions to it, is NOT a rule. 

show me the rule

no, that's not a rule

neitehr is that

see, no rule

/slowclap

combat logging = cowardly move

Of course it is, just like shooting people in the back is really, really brave.

Who said it was brave ? It's not, but at least the KoS'er is playing the game, not turning it off when it doesn't go his way...

Combat log all you want, nobody can stop you. Just don't try to justify it with your bullsh*t excuses and admit it's a cowardly move just like I have no problem admitting I act like an asshole when I shoot a bambi in the back...

• Like 3

Hey, guess what?

Combat logging is an exploit.

Thanks for playing.

Hey, guess what?

1+1=3

Thanks for playing.

See, I can make baseless claims and be completely wrong too. ;)

• Like 1

admit it's a cowardly move 

Yeah, because a fresh spawn is TERRIFIED of losing all his stuff he's spent hours collecting. What a coward...

You've made no sense since the moment you joined this thread. Give me a break.

Edited by Chepaco

Hey, guess what?

1+1=3

Thanks for playing.

See, I can make baseless claims and be completely wrong too. ;)

I wish someone else would field this.

Combat logging is INDEFENSIBLE.

Closing the application to evade mortal peril was not put in as a gameplay mechanic, it's an exploit of the personal computer platform.

If this was on a console you would have to kill your internet or unplug the console mid game to combat log. ;) ?

• Like 1

If this was on a console you would have to kill your internet or unplug the console mid game to combat log. ;) ?

Press start, leave game, then join another game that (hopefully) is not overrun with immature children. ;) 

That mechanic has been in nearly every game since the dawn of multiplayer games. 

I'd consider it cheating. Some people are cheats and rationalise their cheating by blaming racists, trolls, hackers etc. People rationalised wall glitching and duping as being ok too. Pity them.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

You've made no sense since the moment you joined this thread.

Bahahaha, oh the irony ! That's exactly what almost everybody in this thread think about you, coward !

BTW OP, all these "hero's" talking trash about how cowardly it is to combat log will be the first ones to bravely shoot you in the back.  Cause, you know, shooting you is the back is so manly.

Not sure how logic has brought you to this conclusion; I never KoS and yet I hate it when people log because it robs the game of its main ingredient: player interaction. It seems you'd rather label those against combat logging as KoS'ers than have a valid argument which doesn't really make sense. I've only been logged on twice as of semi-recent, but in both cases I was attempting a friendly encounter because I find that to be a more engaging and rewarding way to play. But, rather than playing the game as it's meant to be played, these two guys opted out for fear of death or getting "trolled" or whatever. Luckily they were unaware of the 30s timer.  :)

What does this have to do with combat logging? As much as I don't like being shot in the back, it's a legitimate style of playing the game. And as always, being KoS'd requires that you be in sight - something that I make a conscious attempt not to do. It's unbelievable how many players in this game run around completely oblivious as if they're the only one on the map; most all of my encounters involve me seeing someone and leaving them alone. Sometimes I feel bad for leaving them alone because they don't learn anything from it  :P

Edited by solodude23

what this guy seriously fails to realize is that Nothing has been done to stop trolls and immature/asshole kids (as he calls them) In fact it's been encouraged.

the ability to force feed rotten foods and poisons, putting a burlap sack over some poor dudes head, subduing and restraining an individual so they can't escape while the other players (and yes they are assholes and immature most of the time lol) do what they wish to your avatar/character. but those acts, again, are allowed and encouraged... even given the tools, commands and options to do so.

combat logging on the other hand is not allowed and there have been steps taken to prevent that from happening. whether or not those steps put in place are up to your standards is irrelevant.

the fact remains that being an asshole is allowed but combat logging is not. and before you reply just consider the fact that some asshole kid trying to bugger yours, mine or anyone else's character is combat.

they may not be firing at you with guns or chopping at you with axes... but it is still them verses you.

also consider this, when you log because you deem their actions inappropriate they still win, you took nothing from them, you didn't troll them, you didn't rob them of any satisfaction.

because they still see your logging as running home to mom for soothing hugs and kisses... and so does the overwhelming majority of people participating in this thread.

• Like 5

Not sure how logic has brought you to this conclusion; I never KoS and yet I hate it when people log because it robs the game of its main ingredient: player interaction. It seems you'd rather label those against combat logging as KoS'ers than have a valid argument which doesn't really make sense. I've only been logged on twice as of semi-recent, but in both cases I was attempting a friendly encounter because I find that to be a more engaging and rewarding way to play. But, rather than playing the game as it's meant to be played, these two guys opted out for fear of death or getting "trolled" or whatever. Luckily they were unaware of the 30s timer.  :)

What does this have to do with combat logging? As much as I don't like being shot in the back, it's a legitimate style of playing the game. And as always, being KoS'd requires that you be in sight - something that I make a conscious attempt not to do. It's unbelievable how many players in this game run around completely oblivious as if they're the only one on the map; most all of my encounters involve me seeing someone and leaving them alone. Sometimes I feel bad for leaving them alone because they don't learn anything from it  :P

Oh, did I prick a nerve there?  I just don't think anyone has any right to tell anyone what is right or wrong in a WIP like this.  I'll say it again, I don't combat log and I don't KoS, I only shoot if I am being shot at.  I do, firmly believe, that most, if not all the people who bitch about combat loggers are back shooters who feel they are being cheated out of some imaginary score that the game is not keeping.  There was a time when that was considered the epitome of cowardlyness, now it is such a common practice that you even called it a "style".  Sorry but I just can't agree with it as I am not your toy to be played with.  It's like the only time I was ever handcuffed, I logged out immediately, dude killed me, fine, no problem but I'd rather start over then play some sick ass bondage game with some psycho father raper.

Please show me, where exactly, it says how this game is "meant to be played".  A link or a video, anything.  

The same people who bitch about realism and what would happen in RL are some of the most vociferous whiners about combat logging.  Do you think this is how RL would go down?  If it is I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

Oh, did I prick a nerve there?

Absolutely not, hence me cheery tone!  :)  I just don't like it when people make wild accusations, especially when they are based on a (rather baseless) stereotype. 

I just don't think anyone has any right to tell anyone what is right or wrong in a WIP like this.  I'll say it again, I don't combat log and I don't KoS, I only shoot if I am being shot at. I do, firmly believe, that most, if not all the people who bitch about combat loggers are back shooters who feel they are being cheated out of some imaginary score that the game is not keeping.

That's where you lose me; you call people "back shooters" because they don't support a practice that is clearly frowned upon throughout the community and is obviously not intended as a valid tacit. Plus your little stereotype doesn't really even make sense considering that if you're truly killed on sight, there's no time to log. Hell, if I KoS'd I'd accept it as my own fault if I couldn't finish the guy off.  :D I don't like combat loggers because they (in my experience) leave a situation before it has a chance to develop. After hours of running around and seeing no one, I was elated to see someone else and have a little human interaction! But NOPE! Logged the second they saw me.

There was a time when that was considered the epitome of cowardlyness, now it is such a common practice that you even called it a "style".  Sorry but I just can't agree with it as I am not your toy to be played with.  It's like the only time I was ever handcuffed, I logged out immediately, dude killed me, fine, no problem but I'd rather start over then play some sick ass bondage game with some psycho father raper.

That really sucks to hear man; you robbed yourself of one of the true "anti-game" aspects that makes DayZ what it is and in the end, you died a coward. Just like SkyPig said in the post above you, you didn't rob them of any satisfaction; if anything, you increased their satisfaction by running away from the situation.

Last time I was handcuffed (long ago), I was robbed of my weapon and set free. That's not to say every situation goes that well, but that was a mechanic that the game is intended to have and you skipped out on it by use of a method that is not intended. Pretty ass backwards if you ask me. Not to mention it was your fault for getting handcuffed to begin with.  :P

Please show me, where exactly, it says how this game is "meant to be played".  A link or a video, anything.

Is the combat log timer not enough for you? It's a mechanism designed directly for the purpose of thwarting combat loggers.

The same people who bitch about realism and what would happen in RL are some of the most vociferous whiners about combat logging.  Do you think this is how RL would go down?  If it is I feel sorry for you.

Absolutely not, but I sure as hell know people wouldn't be combat logging. That being said, it surely wouldn't be pretty in real life. There are some sick fucks out there as it is, I don't want to imagine what it'd be like if everything went to shit. I'm sure killing on sight would be a thing (not to the extent at which it exists in DayZ), but I still imagine that that frequency of KOS will go down as DayZ develops.

what this guy seriously fails to realize is that Nothing has been done to stop trolls and immature/asshole kids (as he calls them) In fact it's been encouraged.

the ability to force feed rotten foods and poisons, putting a burlap sack over some poor dudes head, subduing and restraining an individual so they can't escape while the other players (and yes they are assholes and immature most of the time lol) do what they wish to your avatar/character. but those acts, again, are allowed and encouraged... even given the tools, commands and options to do so.

combat logging on the other hand is not allowed and there have been steps taken to prevent that from happening. whether or not those steps put in place are up to your standards is irrelevant.

the fact remains that being an asshole is allowed but combat logging is not. and before you reply just consider the fact that some asshole kid trying to bugger yours, mine or anyone else's character is combat.

they may not be firing at you with guns or chopping at you with axes... but it is still them verses you.

also consider this, when you log because you deem their actions inappropriate they still win, you took nothing from them, you didn't troll them, you didn't rob them of any satisfaction.

because they still see your logging as running home to mom for soothing hugs and kisses... and so does the overwhelming majority of people participating in this thread.

Well fuckin' said!  :beans:

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1