Death By Crowbar

Favorite things about .49 so far

I've got two things to say:

1. Southern spawns are back!
  2. I can hit zombies now!

I'm liking this build so far.

• Like 5

Sometimes I get those "no message received" messages like server restarted.

Anybody else?

Btw that's basicaly what I dislike so far at the last patch.

• Like 1

1. zombies can only hit you before they die.

2. doors make noise.

3. it rains inside buildings which is hilarious.

4. you can move better on stairs

5. hackers have to start over (not confirmed)

Edited by Red_Ensign

1. Southern spawns

2. Little more polished UI

3. Zeds dont hit you so randomly anymore

4. No duping

5. Balota is not that OP anymore

6. More towns in north

7. More clothes/equipment

8. New animations

9. Character wipe finally!!!

1. anyoning usless cold status

2. GHOST mask + swat helmet

3. all you wrote down :D

If doors are giving you trouble switch to first person (as in camera angle not server) and it should work. Had it a few times on those green building with white bottoms that you have to go up stairs to get in. They never used to spawn loot but do sometimes now. Basically in the porch area the door wouldn't come up as an item I could interact with until I switched camera. Annoying but at least it worked.

Love the door sounds, melee is better (no gimped hit boxes).

Cold is annoying, especially if I can't play for long and it's raining because the second my character steps outside he's instantly soaked and I've never had an option to dry clothes. The loot respawn is annoying at times too, I know in exp I often died as a fresh spawn because I would be running through towns that had absolutely nothing in, not even trash. Hopefully this won't be as much of an issue on stable because there are more servers.

Anybody else?

I get that from time to time now. It's the server either restarting or crashing. If you notice in your server browser, the server you just lost connection to will be empty. But yeah, it does tend to happen more after the patch.

I like that you can "wring" your clothes out, but i have only ever been able to do it one time. I haven't seen the option since then.

Edited by anderswhk
  • Like 1

There is not the faintest difference to killing a zombie in melee combat. You still have do dance around him eternally to avoid his attacks and to hit him eventually. And when you haven't got a firefighter axe yet as an respawn, it takes 10 minutes to kill three zombies that attack you in a new spawn area village.

1. The MASKA-1 Helmet

1. The MASKA-1 Helmet

3. The MASKA-1 Helmet with a Visor

There is not the faintest difference to killing a zombie in melee combat. You still have do dance around him eternally to avoid his attacks and to hit him eventually. And when you haven't got a firefighter axe yet as an respawn, it takes 10 minutes to kill three zombies that attack you in a new spawn area village.

Then you are doing it wrong mate.

One punch to the head of the zombie and it will drop to the ground, its so easy. And once it goes down, just keep hitting it in the head and it will drop over and over until it dies, 15 secs later :)

As far as axes goes, its just take one step to either side and swing at the head, boom its dead.

• Like 2

3. it rains inside buildings which is hilarious.

Isnt that a graphics setting? used to happen ages ago and I think it was either shadows or object quality that caused it.....may be wrong though :)

• Like 1

Easily my favorite thing in .49 is that the game actually responds when you try to switch whatever is in your hands now.

Having to press the number of whatever you want 15 times in varying intensities before you were able to take whatever it is out was sooooo frustrating.

• Like 1

As far as axes goes, its just take one step to either side and swing at the head, boom its dead.

Zombies will die with on hit from an axe regardless if you aim at their head, their body, or their toenails. The only zombies that require more than one hit (2 hits) are the militarized zombies. 

I've never once aimed for their head. It's just a matter of dancing around it until your axe lands a hit. 

If your most favorite thing isn't the measures taken against cheating then I want to fight you.

Edited by Parazight

Anybody else?

Yep, been getting that too. 

• Like 1

1. zombie dead bodies seem to stay in game longer before they vanish which is interesting when you come to a town and find corpses lying around, it gives you the impression that you are folloing in someones footsteps

2. Random doors opened/closed. Again this is a GOOD one. Now you have no idea if someone has looted a building or not and you can't judge a town by the doors being all closed making it even more tense than before

3. not sure if it was a bug my end as i didn't see this issue raised in the Changelog, but now if you want to use a sewing kit on damaged clothes you actually have to remove the damaged item first. It said that it fixed my clothes when i was wearing them, but the condition never changed until i took them off first

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 2

1. Loot toned down. This makes it much harder to just get a gun and go shoot someone.

2. Temperature. At first it was very annoying, but I got around that. I'm happy it's in the game now.

3. Improved zombies. No more hitting through walls. 

• Like 1

Zombies will die with on hit from an axe regardless if you aim at their head, their body, or their toenails. The only zombies that require more than one hit (2 hits) are the militarized zombies. 

I've never once aimed for their head. It's just a matter of dancing around it until your axe lands a hit. 

Very true, im just used to aiming at the head with everything, because i often run around with other melee weapons :D

I've got two things to say:

1. Southern spawns are back!
  2. I can hit zombies now!

I'm liking this build so far.

The new military helmet that can actually function with all mask is probably my most favorite thing about it. You can LITERALLY put it with any mask even the Payday ones and it looks AMAZING.

That and as you said being able to hit zombies easier is a big plus and the new animations they added to them makes them allot creepier.

Rains inside? Haven't had that happen in any building I've taken shelter in.

Great work imo, the whole patch is a great step in the right direction.

3. not sure if it was a bug my end as i didn't see this issue raised in the Changelog, but now if you want to use a sewing kit on damaged clothes you actually have to remove the damaged item first. It said that it fixed my clothes when i was wearing them, but the condition never changed until i took them off first

I think it is a bug, that mended item looks does not change unles you re-equip it.

Isnt that a graphics setting? used to happen ages ago and I think it was either shadows or object quality that caused it.....may be wrong though :)

You are right. Should be shadows.

If you just double click the item in question it should update the look of it. Certainly worked for me 90% of the time