SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Well no update to stable, I read end of the month so I assume next Wednesday? Fingers crossed.

Although a little bummed no update to at least help address server issues I decided to fine tune our scheduler and am happy to say we're having less hang ups and I found our server running this morning with a couple of players. We're restarting every 2 hours at the moment and it's preventing so many freeze ups. I played yesterday and had 2 hang ups but both times we were at 40 players. We held steady at 40 for about 30 - 35 mins before it was unresponsive so we manually had to restart.

I'm still having fun and have had no issues getting loot (we have persistence off right now). I agree you gotta start going further inland and you'll find towns/cities with lots of unlooted buildings. Also IMHO the northwest region of the map is full of good loot. You've got NWAF, the tents near myshkino, military base south of Zelenogorsk and barracks in that city as well. Lots of food, tools and of course weapons. Worth the hike and fun to explore.

Can you give me a copy of your script? also are your restart messages working?

Sent you a PM. The messages work sometimes and sometimes they don't but the server is indeed restarting every 2 hours. 

I hope to extend this to 4 hours in the future but for now this seems to really help keep the server running during the day while I'm at work. 

• Like 1

Sent you a PM. The messages work sometimes and sometimes they don't but the server is indeed restarting every 2 hours. 

I hope to extend this to 4 hours in the future but for now this seems to really help keep the server running during the day while I'm at work.

Thanks again!

So i reverted back from Experimental to Stable today. Both sides seem every city every town village or hut is completely empty. Coast to inland. Its very rediciulous that zeds are on all the spawns and dont lose interest in you. :( anyone else having these problems. I have tried both persistence and non persistence 

So i reverted back from Experimental to Stable today. Both sides seem every city every town village or hut is completely empty. Coast to inland. Its very rediciulous that zeds are on all the spawns and dont lose interest in you. :( anyone else having these problems. I have tried both persistence and non persistence 

You were probably following 20 minutes behind harteman's player (see here)   ;)

I just think its ridiculous. If i cant use it or eat it. I save it for the next person. If i cant carry it and im full on drink and food i leave it for the next guy. There really isnt any need to be rude like that. Makes you feel like why did i buy this game if you cant even find a single axe or apple to eat. I usally leave care packages in taloon bags that I cant carry. banages food other products but since the update or whatever I cant find any gear worth a damn. just crow bars and hacksaws and badly damaged hats

Edited by Zaytac
  • Like 1

I just think its ridiculous. If i cant use it or eat it. I save it for the next person. If i cant carry it and im full on drink and food i leave it for the next guy. There really isnt any need to be rude like that. Makes you feel like why did i buy this game if you cant even find a single axe or apple to eat. I usally leave care packages in taloon bags that I cant carry. banages food other products but since the update or whatever I cant find any gear worth a damn. just crow bars and hacksaws and badly damaged hats

That's a good way to do things :) that way deuchers don't ruin this game in an unrealistic way , I mean who would take the time in a real apocalypse to destroy or use everything of usefulness ? In my opinion it's a strange thing only done in video games , so when this games private shards , item degradation and global economy gets figured out I really hope these kids will realize they are only Hurting themselves because when they go back on the same server where they used all the loot there will be no more in that same spot for a while , effectively screwing themselves over if they have to return to the spot they used/ destroyed everything at .

• Like 1

Ya.... you would think in a survival game...surving would be the goal

Rather than having a goal, to make it so others can not survive lol

I take what I need and leave the rest for others,always thinking I could end up dead and have to retrace my steps...

For some people the best way to survive is to make sure there is no one else to compete with. If that means eliminating all the good gear and food then so be it. I don't agree with it, but I don't get mad every I get KOS'd. The reason all these kids are playing this game right now is because it's so easy. Once all the features are added and it's harder to survive there won't be many kids on to ruin the xperience for everyone else.

Anyone else having weird problems with sound? like it goes completely silent every few seconds or so.

Anyone else having weird problems with sound? like it goes completely silent every few seconds or so.

I've been noticing gun shots seem to be either delayed or you don't hear them at all sometimes. I've had buddies shoot right next to me and I don't pick up the sound.

As far as environment sounds, I have not had any issues other than the usual glitch of somebody eating, drinking and the occasional zombie sound that makes you turn and look around a few times just to make sure it wasn't a real zombie.

Here's to the end of the month and hopefully a release to STABLE!!!!!!!  

• Like 3

I have the exact opposite problem. I hear people eating from two miles away. I'm constantly hearing ammo being loaded, that shit makes me paranoid for like half and hour after I hear it. Not cool. 

Loot spawn system is terrible and I wish they implement the system the mod used. Why bother wasting an hour of my time scavenging through the whole entire city of cherno when I find nothing but jack sh** or even nothing at all because 1 or 2 guys looted the entire city 5 minutes ahead of me?

I'm about sick of this alpha..

Edited by Borges

Loot spawn system is terrible and I wish they implement the system the mod used. Why bother wasting an hour of my time scavenging through the whole entire city of cherno when I find nothing but jack sh** or even nothing at all because 1 or 2 guys looted the entire city 5 minutes ahead of me?

I'm about sick of this alpha..

FWIW man, give my server a shot. We have persistence turned off until a new update to stable comes out (COME ON WEDNESDAY UPDATE!!!!) and unless a city is just completely picked over, you should find some good stuff in the big cities for usre. Also as I mentioned further up in this thread, I have really been happy with my trips to the NW region of the map. There are lots of military places to visit and I've been able to find all gear i'm looking for. Its a long trip if you're coming from the coast but give it a shot; you might find a new joy for this game. 

• Like 1

Can we assume there will be a character wipe while .50 rolls out? It sounds pretty extensive so unless anything official has been said, I am just going to assume. I ask because I lost my last character but not sure if I should spend my evening gearing up only to lose it a few hours later.

i think they will wipe, and i also hope so ... and i hope some hacks will be made impossible like that speedhacking and loot magneting

Haven't seen anything about a player wipe in 0.50, not sure why they would need to? If I understand correctly, part of doing the player wipe in 0.49 was to eliminate those who duped somebody's gear now that they've fixed that issue and players can no longer dupe.  Sorry if i'm miss-informed but this was my understanding why they did a player wipe. 

i think they will wipe, and i also hope so ... and i hope some hacks will be made impossible like that speedhacking and loot magneting

been a victim of this "loot magneting" last monday. a guy that i don't even seen pick what he wanted in my inventory including  : 2 40 rounds m4 mags, 300+ 5.56*45 rounds, my 3 RDG5 grenades, all my mosin ammo inlcudind thoses charged in my mosin (twice) and he eventually got my military boots to conclude <_<

teleport and drop your weapon are pretty bad, but if you don't cross the way of the hacker then no problem. with this magnet hack, being on the same server as the hacker seems to be enought.

i keep telling myself not to care about my hard earned stuff, but losing it this way is sick !

Haven't seen anything about a player wipe in 0.50, not sure why they would need to? If I understand correctly, part of doing the player wipe in 0.49 was to eliminate those who duped somebody's gear now that they've fixed that issue and players can no longer dupe.  Sorry if i'm miss-informed but this was my understanding why they did a player wipe. 

i think you're right, they wiped caracters last stable update to erase dupped gears. so i think there will be no wipe this time.

i hope that single log house with blue and yellow wall and pickup cars will still spawn good loot

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

been a victim of this "loot magneting" last monday. a guy that i don't even seen pick what he wanted in my inventory including  : 2 40 rounds m4 mags, 300+ 5.56*45 rounds, my 3 RDG5 grenades, all my mosin ammo inlcudind thoses charged in my mosin (twice) and he eventually got my military boots to conclude <_<

On airfield at the prison near the firestation?

Oh, I am sorry :P

I feel the developers are working hard at the hacks and its thanks to us out there that help report the hackers. Our feedback is valuable to them, but  I know its very frustrating to lose 2 days worth of gear to a hacker.I have gotten into the routine of always recording my game play when our server is full and i'm near a coastal city or other popular place on the map. Simply recording has helped us track down a couple of hackers and with luck on our side, we were able to get their names and report them to the appropriate contacts. It doesn't help get that precious gear back, but I've also learned not to get used to gear or possessing it; I know i'm going to die and when it happens I simply respawn and keep on keepin on trying to learn from my last experience. 

I feel the developers are working hard at the hacks and its thanks to us out there that help report the hackers. Our feedback is valuable to them, but  I know its very frustrating to lose 2 days worth of gear to a hacker.I have gotten into the routine of always recording my game play when our server is full and i'm near a coastal city or other popular place on the map. Simply recording has helped us track down a couple of hackers and with luck on our side, we were able to get their names and report them to the appropriate contacts. It doesn't help get that precious gear back, but I've also learned not to get used to gear or possessing it; I know i'm going to die and when it happens I simply respawn and keep on keepin on trying to learn from my last experience. 

Thats all you can do, and it is appreciated. I really do wish there was a way to view peoples names when they are in view (provided you are logged in as the admin). that would be so helpful.

• Like 2

About the hacking. I don't understand why we can't see deathmessages. Only the person who dies could see the name. If you say this would ruin the game? Then, well, this is not the game, this is the alpha. When the game goes to beta or a full fledged game, then by all means, take away the possibility to see those messages. Until then though, it would help a bit. No?

Edited by ivar
  • Like 1

Anyone know if Persistence-Enabled-Server still going to crash so easily or is it now working fine with tents?

Is it normal to relocate loot from buildings in order to see new loot spawning? I think loot should still despawn regardless if it is droped by players or it was never touched. If this is not happening, a natural selection will happen, valuable loot will be taken by player and unusefull loot will remain untouched. All houses will start to hold untouched unusefull loot and no one will do loot relocation during a normal gameplay. They will head on to the next town.