SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Happened to me last night too but i solved it with just  a server switch.

Yeah way back when I started playing in January when the respawn button didn't work at all and you had to leave a server to respawn first pop to mind so I left but didn't work for me this time, I'd always spawn back at Vybor with no clothing.

Edited by RagedDrew

Yeah way back when I started playing in January when the respawn button didn't work at all and you had to leave a server to respawn first pop to mind so I left but didn't work for me this time, I'd always spawn back at Vybor with no clothing.

Yes i dont know whats up with that, first time i joined a 0.49 server spawned in vybor with another guy, we both had no clothes then i went around played normally for quite some time , on other servers, multiple days then all out of a sudden when i was in a hospital type building (not the one with multiple floors and hallways) i was just going down the ramps and 2 red messages popped up : my leg is in pain , my leg hurts really bad (or something) then bam, you are dead, no reason, then i had the same thing, infinite you are dead, and i clearly thaught that it was a hacker, since i died out of nowhere and i couldnt respawn, then i switched servers, i could spawn, but back at vybor again, really is kinda weird isnt it?

What exactly would you like to change? Serious question. Persistence seems to be disabled right now, but that will return and it will only get better as they fine tune it. That alone will make it harder for them to gear up -- it did on Experimental when it was enabled in 0.48 and earlier builds of 0.49. It was much harder to gear up unless you were very experienced and knew how to best utilize your time. Between a fully-implemented, fully-working system of persistence and constant tweaking of the loot tables, I think we'll be just fine. 

Mainly i meant amount of food in my backpack:) I know it will change, and i understand it have to be like that(i mean loot amount going up and down), but on experimental .49 i really enjoyed the lack of food and gear overall( and im really not an experienced player). I just wanted to mention it, after going through a village now i have everything needed to live for a week(maybe apart from weapons). I think that small amount of food will sieve out players who gear up within 15 minutes and then spend 15 hours camping on other player just for pkeasure of KOS... 

Omg i dont even know how to mark it here so it will be a quotation lol... Ok i found it...

Edited by zenonek2000

Ahh, my bad. I definitely have not seen any of those in 0.49.

Just to contribute, i found one ammo box in a helicrash in middle of airfield last saturday.

One minute later, someone shoot me with a mosin from somewhere...  :blush:

Just to contribute, i found one ammo box in a helicrash in middle of airfield last saturday.

One minute later, someone shoot me with a mosin from somewhere...  :blush:

Them Heli crash sites ;)

I have a question regarding the new tent spawn and am referring to the picture that Smash posted. (my quoting abilities are somewhat reduces, Im sending via mobile phone)

Does anyone know if that rooftop (it was the hospital wasnt it?) is the ONLY place it spawns like it was with dem feed shacks? If yes, this leads to an even more important question - are tents throwable???

Because I sense some difficulties getting that precious shelter off of that roof. Unless you have nearly empty hunting or mountain ruck at hand.

I did notice (by accident) that at least the ashwood stick stays in hand while climbing ladders now. I wasnt awake enough to test this with other things like rifle f.e. But since the tent is held in both hands when picked up, i somehow doubt that climbing a ladder with it would work...

So if anyone could share their knowledge and/or experience regarding this OR can hint me towards any flaws in my theory, this would be much appreciated (and help me through the bloody nightshift I have to sit through!) ;)

I have a question regarding the new tent spawn and am referring to the picture that Smash posted. (my quoting abilities are somewhat reduces, Im sending via mobile phone)

Does anyone know if that rooftop (it was the hospital wasnt it?) is the ONLY place it spawns like it was with dem feed shacks? If yes, this leads to an even more important question - are tents throwable???

Because I sense some difficulties getting that precious shelter off of that roof. Unless you have nearly empty hunting or mountain ruck at hand.

I did notice (by accident) that at least the ashwood stick stays in hand while climbing ladders now. I wasnt awake enough to test this with other things like rifle f.e. But since the tent is held in both hands when picked up, i somehow doubt that climbing a ladder with it would work...

So if anyone could share their knowledge and/or experience regarding this OR can hint me towards any flaws in my theory, this would be much appreciated (and help me through the bloody nightshift I have to sit through!) ;)

I went for a run through a bunch of those shacks that used to spawn tents to try and find one but realised that none of them had loot anymore, would be interesting to find out if others found tents in other places perhaps?

Yes. I picked up 7.62x39mm boxes twice today. Both times in barracks buildings.

No dude - a 300 round ammo box, not small cardboard boxes of ammo.

I went for a run through a bunch of those shacks that used to spawn tents to try and find one but realised that none of them had loot anymore, would be interesting to find out if others found tents in other places perhaps?

Found an answer here, looks like the tents spawn in tall and medium sized apartment blocks: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2grwgh/049_stable_anybody_know_where_tents_are_found/

• Like 1

Found an answer here, looks like the tents spawn in tall and medium sized apartment blocks: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2grwgh/049_stable_anybody_know_where_tents_are_found/

Thanks, Mate! That reddit conversation pretty much answered all my questions! :)

(Have some mobile Beanz!)

Edited by Haviland

Does the hunting knife fit in the military boots?

hey has there always been cars on blocks occasionally?Or is that some little new factor they added in....  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317632341 ico_external_link.gif   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317631878 ico_external_link.gif

Far as I know they've always been up on blocks

• Like 1

Does the hunting knife fit in the military boots?

Is the hunting knife even spawning right now? I don't believe I've ever seen one.

Is the hunting knife even spawning right now? I don't believe I've ever seen one.

I assume you're talking about the M9A1 Bayonet knife?  I have not seen it since the .48 update, if that's the knife you're talking about.

guys, memory leaks and fps drops still cant fixed?

Would you please make a Topic in the Troubleshooting sub Forum.

Full system specifications including OS.

Thank you.

If you are having issues spawning in game please take the following Steps...

1 : *Verify your local game files.

2 :  Log into game and test.

3:  If unsuccessful please remove the game and all related files (**?: Program Files x86/Steam/ SteamApps / Common & My Docs DayZ).

4 : Reinstall.

5 : Log into game and test.

6 : Report back here if this does not solve the issue.

* = Right click on DayZ  game tab in Steam Library /Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Cache...

** = Drive allocation (C/D/E).

Thank you.

• Like 4

I miss the numbers on the hotbar. Are they gone for good? Not even an option to enable/disable them?

So I'v not actually played this update yet as Iv not had time but I have been keeping an eye on my server with persistence turned on! 

Firstly, we would be getting between 10-25 players on our server before I enabled persistence. About 5 hours after I enabled it we went to 0 players for the next few dayz. I have been watching the cpu & memory usage.. Cpu seems fine even when there was a few players on but memory seems to be very erratic even when the server was a ghost town.

I am going to turn on persistence tonight and go on and check it out myself....

Here is the server IP if youz want to head on but persistence will be off until around 9pm uk time

81.19.216.161:2300

• Like 1

already

and

i can't see any solutions for this problem

I asked you to make a Topic, giving your system specifications and OS, please do so.

Just curious if anyone has been finding any mp5k stocks or mags? I found the gun itself in a police station on a shelf.

Also no sign of the police cars that used to spawn around police stations before they tried to implement random police car spawning in 0.48... or was it 7? I forget.

Though I have heard that police cars are functioning as part of the random events system. Do they simply spawn in one of the many positions they used to spawn now? Just curious.

I keep checking Svetlo incase a random police car spawn pops up.

Just curious if anyone has been finding any mp5k stocks or mags? I found the gun itself in a police station on a shelf.

Also no sign of the police cars that used to spawn around police stations before they tried to implement random police car spawning in 0.48... or was it 7? I forget.

Though I have heard that police cars are functioning as part of the random events system. Do they simply spawn in one of the many positions they used to spawn now? Just curious.

I keep checking Svetlo incase a random police car spawn pops up.

I found a 15 Rnd Clip in a Police Car that was half-sunk into the ground in Vybor.

I found a 15 Rnd Clip in a Police Car that was half-sunk into the ground in Vybor.

Great, so they are definitely spawning as events like the Mi-8's now... does anyone know if they are tracked independently of heli crashes? or if they are part of the same 3 events per reset?

Yeah, be aware that guns are rare, and magazines even rarer. I have found some mp5 magazines in the police stations though.