SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Punches or lunging, grabbing, clawing, biting zombie attacks?

Zombies. Which aren't "actual" zombies. They are essentially just people. I don't know about you but I've never met anyone that can hit and bite a biker jacket and ruin it in a few seconds. I guess not knowing the backstory really I SUPPOSE they could be super human. 

• Like 1

I tried cooking some deer meat.  As it was cooking in the pot (on a gas grill) it went from raw to burned.  Nothing in between.  I stood there watching it cook in the pot.  Pretty sure that is not working as intended.

You require a frying pan to cook meat on a stove

Zombies. Which aren't "actual" zombies. They are essentially just people. I don't know about you but I've never met anyone that can hit and bite a biker jacket and ruin it in a few seconds. I guess not knowing the backstory really I SUPPOSE they could be super human.

They are esentionaly apes again so it makes sense that they bit and claw but I agree the leather jacket needs a fix

wuz crouched on a balcony in cherno suburbs, ate a tomato and fell down the freaking building after the animation was finished because, for some unrealistic reason, the character does a tiny step forward after eating... Will this be fixed? Is it even considered as an unrealistic bug or do we just have to live/die with that when the game hits final state?

wuz crouched on a balcony in cherno suburbs, ate a tomato and fell down the freaking building after the animation was finished because, for some unrealistic reason, the character does a tiny step forward after eating... Will this be fixed? Is it even considered as an unrealistic bug or do we just have to live/die with that when the game hits final state?

If you hit a key like the W or C or whatever it will wait till the eating animation finishes and then will activate that movement. Perhaps you hit it while you were eating?

If you hit a key like the W or C or whatever it will wait till the eating animation finishes and then will activate that movement. Perhaps you hit it while you were eating?

nope, i was to scared of the height to hit anything. Just ate and fell down. That useless balcony railing doesn't do sh*t either - i just glichted through... It's Arma all over again

I think the 0.49 patch is buggy as it made the game too difficult to play.  In addition to hunger, thirst, zombies able to insta-spawning and track you like Terminators, now we have cold, soak, hypothermia, and invulnerable zombies which can break your arm and legs with a few hits.  

Sitting in a garage for over a half hour waiting for the rain to stop.

...fun game. =P

edit: Changed servers,..... pouring rain. Non-stop.

/sigh

Edited by Versteckter

This is odd, for some reason i can't hold my breath when using a long range scope anymore.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Yesterday it worked fine but today nothing happens when i press my "hold breath" hot key, i've tryed changing it, different servers and i've also tryed to drop the mosin and the pick it back up but nothing works. Is this a known bug or?

Anyone else notice that the sewing kit does not seem to be repairing anything now?  It says "you have successfully mended......"  but the item still says badly damaged. I tried it on Hunter pants and a fire fighter jacket.  Nnow i realize the fire fighter jacket could be an item that is not able to be meneded but it says it was sucessfully mended rather than saying that it can not be mended. 

Anyone else notice that the sewing kit does not seem to be repairing anything now?  It says "you have successfully mended......"  but the item still says badly damaged. I tried it on Hunter pants and a fire fighter jacket.  Nnow i realize the fire fighter jacket could be an item that is not able to be meneded but it says it was sucessfully mended rather than saying that it can not be mended. 

Mended several things last night. Seemed okay for me.

And you can't say it's not hackers. My clans server is ranked in the top 10 most of the time and has been #1 in the world a few times, and I can tell you with absolute fact, really popular always full servers are "Full" of hackers, seriously.

Dynamic Heli Crashes are spawning. But the new Russian crashes are bugged as they do not smoke and are a little sunk in the ground, making them very hard to find. Best place to try, right outside VMC, in the field between VMC and Industrial/Chimney. Had the new Russian Heli spawn there 3 times now.

No not yet. This was in the patch notes. Private server owners can "Opt-in" for persistence to try it out, until it is rolled out for all servers in the next month or two. But no one seems to be able to find out how you Opt-in. It's still buggy basically.

What do you mean by VMC? i would like to explore this area if possible  B) Also if they spawn in the ground can you still get loot out of them?

Edited by Dudester100

Not tested the sewing kit (I've been barely able to find food, clothes or melee weapons so far...) but when you cannot mend an item with it, it says so.  Looks like a sync issue. 

Where is veresnik? i cant find it on the map  <_<

Veresnik is a hill south of the NWAF, between Vybor and Kabanino. North of the hill is the military base.

Veresnik is a hill south of the NWAF, between Vybor and Kabanino. North of the hill is the military base.

Oh that base! i go there all the time i didn't know it had a name tho lol i always called it the small base under NW but yeah il run around the fields in that area and try to find some static crash sites wish me luck!  B)

Edited by Dudester100

The shotgun finally became the hot smoking gun it was supposed to be. Shot it at a zombie and I got a instant nerdgasm. That sound. That power. That realistic range...

Yessss! I'm so glad the shotgun doesn't suck anymore. Lately, shotgun rounds seem to be the most plentiful which is a plus.

Today I wasn't able to skin and quarter a boar with a damaged kitchen knife? I could on experimental 049.

Uh oh. Were you successful with anything else?

I found a relatively quiet spot in the woods, chopped firewood and kindling but couldn't light the fire because of the rain. I understood lighting a fire in a building doesn't radiate heat. I took shelter in a shed but that didn't help.

I wonder if being under cover with a fire but still "outside" actually counts as truly outside in the context of this heat issue. Hmm.

I agree, an important item now is rain gear. However, I could wring out my clothes yesterday but it seems broken now.

Yeah, the clothes-wringing has been broken since the last Experimental build. Hopefully they get it working again. I definitely agree that a good rain jacket is almost a must now.

awesome update, cooking rabbit legs is not working by the way

Were you able to successfully cook any other type of meat?

You require a frying pan to cook meat on a stove

Didn't know that. Thanks!

Where is veresnik? i cant find it on the map   <_<

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Military_Base_(Veresnik)

Thanks for the help but nah mate, i was joining back to the same server, I had my character wiped about 3 times yesterday, everytime after a server crash/restart and joining back to the same server after restart.

Tip 1 : don't join servers after restart , wait five or more minutes because some servers suck at connecting to the hive.

Tip 2 for people confused about fires : don't start them inside there's a semi-known bug that doesn't allow you to warm up while next to a fire inside certain buildings (some work like the open construction buildings with two rooms)

Tip 3 for all people who can't seem to figure out melee : if you have a low end PC a bad connection or are on a server with anymore than 100 ping you will be desyncing and lagging. That paired with how the melee system isn't so robust equals very frustrating melee matches (especially if the zombie is desyncing too which seems to be a thing now that adds into your own Desync Maybe I'm cray cray ).. If you literally ALWAYS go through the zombie then you(or the zombie or both) are lagging (or desyncing or both) because of your fps or desyncing from server ..

I say this with confidence because I don't ever have issues with certain weapons(admittedly some weapons do suck and should never be picked up) on my home servers (but my friend does have melee issues he gets 20 fps less than me at all times which adds to his lag which then adds to confusion of where the zombie really is which ends up in missed strikes), but like everyone has said over and over and over again if you know you can't melee zombies don't do it !

Don't pick up a baseball bat don't pick up a crowbar don't pick up a wrench/shovel... Only go for hoes axes stun batons (with batteries) and while you are fighting , stand still (you don't have to get hit if you understand strafing) right when you see the zombie move or grunt you move fast to the left or right , not so hard it just takes a while longer and people are impatient ..

Also just run if you can't deal with zombies(don't tell me they hit you while running cuz they only do that if your dicking around on a 150+ ping server or if you just normally get 15 fps lol) and last tip : if you get hit by a zed and you're bleeding and they are still chasing you and you can't bandage , climb up any ladder as fast as you can (that gas tank around gas stations with the little ladder can be used to avoid Zeds as well as all the ladders on bigger buildings) the Zeds no longer can hit you from the bottom of the ladder unless you're on the ladder at the time (even If they get you while you climb the ladder it's better than being incredibly frustrated runnin around trying to find a better weapon to kill the zombies chasing you )..

Problems solved :) well at least for me as when I follow all the little things that are annoying but keep me alive I end up having a great time because I don't die of BS which is ultimately THE most frustrating thing , not doing these little workarounds of glitches, Desync and bad melee to stay alive ..

Oh and random (but relevant to some that don't know) side note : remember sweatshirts are just about as thick as starter t shirts so don't expect to warm up in a sweatshirt hat gloves and pants while it's raining or cold out :0 !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Were you able to successfully cook any other type of meat?

haven´t tried

Should just be a sync issue. After mending, put the item on the ground and then back on again. It should be in the correct state.

I tried cooking some deer meat.  As it was cooking in the pot (on a gas grill) it went from raw to burned.  Nothing in between.  I stood there watching it cook in the pot.  Pretty sure that is not working as intended. 

I think this is an existing bug when using the pot. Cooking any meat works fine when directly on a fire, though you still have to watch carefully. Not sure about frying pans.

Dammit, was almost fully geared and died of hypothermia, within about 5 minutes I guess. I didn't have rain gear and when I started to get the messages I was hypothermic I found a relatively quiet spot in the woods, chopped firewood and kindling but couldn't light the fire because of the rain. I understood lighting a fire in a building doesn't radiate heat. I took shelter in a shed but that didn't help. So I tried to reach a building but died on the way there. What should I have done to not die?

Did you wring out your clothes? This reduces you from soaking to damp in most cases even if just for a little while will help you extend your life. Also find that down jacket when you start getting the cold messages, even the wool coat is better than the hoodie also find a warm hat, not a ball cap or a hart hat or a cowboy hat, these have little to no heat value.

Did you have boots over athletic shoes? Boots are warmer. Did you have gloves? Gloves help too.

This build has kind of changed my looting priorities.

Should just be a sync issue. After mending, put the item on the ground and then back on again. It should be in the correct state.

You can even just put something in or remove something from the item in question. This will also update the wear status of the item. I suggest the sewing kit itself after you have used it to get a more accurate state on that after you have used it to mend something..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Did you wring out your clothes? This reduces you from soaking to damp in most cases even if just for a little while will help you extend your life. Also find that down jacket when you start getting the cold messages, even the wool coat is better than the hoodie also find a warm hat, not a ball cap or a hart hat or a cowboy hat, these have little to no heat value.

Did you have boots over athletic shoes? Boots are warmer. Did you have gloves? Gloves help too.

This build has kind of changed my looting priorities.

I was wearing a tactical shirt, wellies, hunter pants, gloves and a bandana. Wringing your clothes seems broken at the moment. But indeed, I now carry extra clothing if I fnd it. Good thing is they act like a container so in fact don't take up any extra room in your gear. You seem to need something like a shirt or hoodie and a raincoat / Gorka coat. Not sure if the SSK jacket is also waterproof.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

This is odd, for some reason i can't hold my breath when using a long range scope anymore.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yesterday it worked fine but today nothing happens when i press my "hold breath" hot key, i've tryed changing it, different servers and i've also tryed to drop the mosin and the pick it back up but nothing works. Is this a known bug or?

My friend and I had the same annoying bug yesterday. Can't snipe sh*t past 300 meters without holding breath.

Sad day. It's better be a bug...

-snip-

Oh and random (but relevant to some that don't know) side note : remember sweatshirts are just about as thick as starter t shirts so don't expect to warm up in a sweatshirt hat gloves and pants while it's raining or cold out :0 !

Awesome write up and good tips, I would add that a hoodie or even a track suit jacket is better than nothing and you absolutely need a warm hat or balaclava. The ushanka (for some reason beyond me) and the bandana are just as useless as any ball cap as far as warming up goes so if you have the need to warm up the beanie or the zjimovka have worked best for me.

Radar cap is pretty warm too.

Edited by Barnabus

Mend it and then take the item on and off.

• Like 3