SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Now, while we were up till the wee hours catching service side issues such as misconfigured servers, folks connecting with the experimental client, etc - the issues you report (save the server crashes, which are tied to a system that is opt-in) haven't repro'd.

If you had the time I would love to have specifics in a feedback tracker ticket so we can address the behavior you have seen. Data such as the exact time you experienced the issues, the specific server IP and Port, your client version, etc

The port and client version will be the same as everyone else's since we all need to be on the same version, to join a stable server and you can't manually select an older version.

The port for every server is the same, the exact same way every server on Arma 2/3 has the same port also.

The port and client version will be the same as everyone else's since we all need to be on the same version, to join a stable server and you can't manually select an older version.

The client-version is to track issues for the future. If you do not include the version (which you can't anyway, as the tracker should prevent you submitting it without a version) - how would anyone be able to keep track of it with the next updates - or do a cleanup of old issues?

Always include the version.

The port for every server is the same, the exact same way every server on Arma 2/3 has the same port also.

Incorrect. Standard port for servers is 2302 - but you can have more than one DayZ server instance running on a dedicated server and they can not use the same port - obviously.

Edited by kichilron

Damn i just dont get it i was playing .49 for experimental with no troubles it goes to stable and it has been nothing but bugs for me :(  massive desync instant death when i log back into servers( just instantly gush blood and have everything turn to ruined legs broken etc , in the middle of nowhere. always spawning at vybor in my undies ( everytime) i have reinstalled game no change for some reason .49 stable just doesnt like me ( maybe because when it was experiemental i said they should wait a week to iron out more of the bugs which were nothing like i am getting now....

The update has been pretty fun. I spawned in, ran to Svet, and by that time I was freezing and hungry. Found some food and supplies but no axe to chop wood for a fire. Then I ran into a guy with an axe, we were both friendly and both freezing so I suggested we make a fire to warm up (I had matches and rags). We ran into the church and figured out how to light a fire, at that point I was hypothermic. I passed out before I could warm up and my friend said he was doing CPR or something, I was unconscious so I could see what was going on. That didn't work, but he remembered he had seen an epipen in a building near by but had no room in his bag at the time. So he ran off to go find it but I died. The reason I tell this story is because we needed each other to survive, I see teamwork becoming a much bigger factor in survival, not just squad battles. 

I personally found that performance was worse after the 0.49 patch, especially in big towns. Never really had an issue before, but it was bordering on a slideshow when I tried it last night. Out in the sticks its all nice a smooth, but in towns, man, its bad.

I only have one problem so far and thats every time i am on a server that restarts my character resets. Even if i wait 5 min and join the same server. Happened for the 4th time now so i'm waiting for some sort of fix or solution. Anyone?

• Like 1

Damn i just dont get it i was playing .49 for experimental with no troubles it goes to stable and it has been nothing but bugs for me :(  massive desync instant death when i log back into servers( just instantly gush blood and have everything turn to ruined legs broken etc , in the middle of nowhere. always spawning at vybor in my undies ( everytime) i have reinstalled game no change for some reason .49 stable just doesnt like me ( maybe because when it was experiemental i said they should wait a week to iron out more of the bugs which were nothing like i am getting now....

While I sympathize with the issues you're having - I cannot investigate this without very specific information such as:

• Client version and build number
  • Server version and build number
  • IP and Port of server you were experiencing this on
  • Time/Date during the issue reported

I only have one problem so far and thats every time i am on a server that restarts my character resets. Even if i wait 5 min and join the same server. Happened for the 4th time now so i'm waiting for some sort of fix or solution. Anyone?

I'm going to have Eugen reach out to you via forum PM so we can use you as a test case to try and track down the exact cause of this.

While it is not a wide spread issue, I'm very interested in the cause - and we can track down exactly what is happening on the hive side by following your logins.

TLDR; I'm going to have Eugen PM you - please reply to him as soon as you can. :)

• Like 12

I just played for... about one and a half hour, for the first time after downloading the patch...

Spawned north of Novo. I found it very hard to find proper clothing - or anything of use at all, for that matter. I couldn't find a proper melee weapon, but I could find about two dozen crowbars - I tried one and discarded it after I tried to hit a wall four times and couldn't hit it twice (tell me, how the hell do I miss a wall I'm close enough to I could lick it?). Hitting a moving zombie has become even more of a hassle than in the last patch, but at least I seem to be able to hit them when I hold still and let them hit me...

I was actually amazed when I managed to get healthy after about an hour of pretty fruitless looting.

The buildings have become a bit confusing. Usually I could tell which buildings always had open doors and which buildings always had closed doors, but now it's all different...

Other than being "Cold" just once, I've had no problems with the temperature mechanic. A hoodie seems to be a bit too cold, and after putting on a wool coat I got no more messages other than the very occasional "I am slowly warming up".

Also a little bug I managed to reproduce thrice: Opening a can of food with the M91 Bayonet will leave a duplicate of said can in the item slot you got it from. You can not interact with this duplicate. It seems to disappear when you pick up another can.

Another thing that bothers me: You can't scroll through your inventory while dragging an item. Was it always like this?

49.124971 same as the servers version(49.124971) the first server i tried was hell in a handbasket Australia ip 119.252.190.93:2802 its a first person view only server but my results are the same on every server i can go on (thats first person ) with a ping of less than 150 which is about 8 of them, all the same results. Been experiencing this since 3pm gmt+8 till now (still trying as we speak) the server listed i cant even spawn there as it locks at please wait. Going to any other first person server results me spawning in my jocks south of vybor by that little pond.

Hey Hicks. I'm very Happy, seeing devs help single users with their problems. Keep up the good work :-)

• Like 2

Now, while we were up till the wee hours catching service side issues such as misconfigured servers, folks connecting with the experimental client, etc - the issues you report (save the server crashes, which are tied to a system that is opt-in) haven't repro'd.

If you had the time I would love to have specifics in a feedback tracker ticket so we can address the behavior you have seen. Data such as the exact time you experienced the issues, the specific server IP and Port, your client version, etc

Okay, I will try to gather some info and make a ticket if I experience it again. Of course, last server I played on was performing well, just after I posted, it's like going to the doctor :)

I do have a video with the texture problems but I have no info about the server I was on at that moment, let me know if you are interested.

2014-09-18_00003.jpg

Time just then server version 124971 build 49.124971 server name pipsi AU/NZ dayz hardcore ip 119.252.190.28:2802.

• Like 1

Hicks_206, and what about mass FPS drop and problems with memory after last update?

I'm going to have Eugen reach out to you via forum PM so we can use you as a test case to try and track down the exact cause of this.

While it is not a wide spread issue, I'm very interested in the cause - and we can track down exactly what is happening on the hive side by following your logins.

TLDR; I'm going to have Eugen PM you - please reply to him as soon as you can. :)

I've contacted him now so guess we are going to find out :)

I played for several hours last night and luckily I haven't been having the problems some people have been experiencing, for me it's been a good update.  I spawned into Cernaya Polana to being attacked by zombies, ran a bit and figured out where I was.  Got to the fire station and got an axe, shotgun, food and clothing got energized and hydrated.  Headed to Torovo where I found an SKS  and ammo.  From there worked my way West, hitting the good spots along the way.  Servograd is much improved, found a police care in a shed!  Headed to NWAF encountered a friendly player (he wasn't armed) and upgraded all my gear. 

From there went to the Vybor military base and then Vybor, headed to the far North to where the rumored new military base might be but didn't see anything in the area.  Server reset and I now have an AKM, drum mag and am almost as kitted as I was before the wipe.  Also found a Russian chopper crash but the only loot was a green tactical vest.

For me and my friend this update is business as usual with some improvements and added feature, please keep up the good work devs!

Punisher

Edited by billyjo
  • Like 1

Ok is it just me or does sks ammo only spawn in airfields now? cause when im looting civilian areas i find plenty of mosin ammo and other ammo but no sks ammo then as soon as i hit the military bases i find boxes upon boxes of sks ammo wtf?  :huh:

So is the hunting knife really in?

This is my unicorn so far as well. It will be found. :)

Increased amount of hackers now???

I got killed 5 times on 5 different Servers by people who where clearly teleporting - and yes, i can tell the difference between lag/desync and teleporting/speedhacking.

Most ridiculous deaths that happened:

I was on Green Mountain Tower and saw a guy rapidly crossing the field, he saw me and crossed that field and ran up that hill through the forest within 2 seconds - then he stood next to me and killed me. No climbing up ladders, no footsteps - literally nuffin - he just appeared next to me and killed me.

I respawned, got some gear (different server) and saw a guy looting Balota barracks while i was in one of the hangars - a second later he was with me in that hangar and axed me... seriously...

Then a guy in Zeleno killed me again (in the forest west side where that red roof barn is)

He was on the top floor in that barn and i saw him, got scared and ran west into the forest while watching the barn behind me - a second later he was next to me and killed me again.

Why is the Vybor spawn even included if it is bugged? Can't it just be removed for now?

Two of my buddies got stuck on the "You're dead" screen after spawning there.

Also, players and zombies move way too fast. Maybe it is because the game runs better, but even if melee worked properly (which I feel like it works worse than the last patch) you wouldn't be able to hit anything that is moving. Run speed on steps and even overall needs to be reduced by at least 25%

Also noticing servers restarting constantly. Lost so much stuff because of it each time.

I do like the performance enhancements, and the door sounds/random door mechanic.

49.124971 same as the servers version(49.124971) the first server i tried was hell in a handbasket Australia ip 119.252.190.93:2802 its a first person view only server but my results are the same on every server i can go on (thats first person ) with a ping of less than 150 which is about 8 of them, all the same results. Been experiencing this since 3pm gmt+8 till now (still trying as we speak) the server listed i cant even spawn there as it locks at please wait. Going to any other first person server results me spawning in my jocks south of vybor by that little pond.

I've got Eugen tracking this behavior down with another user. I suspect it has something to do with the purge, we'll dial it in - and then address it for all users. 

Just need a little patience :)

• Like 2

A ticket has been filed: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=16986

Tried to filter search before asking.  With .49 are their new spawns for the chopper crashes as well?  Was in about 20 servers in balota between last night and today, have not seen one.  I know it is a random chance, I was just curious if they had removed, added, switched spawns