SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Seems quiet at this time of night on servers, good time to test patch, got some nice gear and like that you can bundle clothes together in backpack. Managed to survive an injured leg with a splint just struggling to find matches. Only problems I have so far is arming the telescopic baton throws cattle prod on the floor and a graphics glitch where bits of balaclava show through my snappy wooly hat. Other than that jolly good show.

• Like 1

Game is totally fucked. Z's are indestructible and they hit through walls and around corners.

No it isn't and no they are not and that may be but you can still beat them.  You need to keep your battery and get you a stun baton, greatest weapon since the fire axe, if you are dead set on chucking your battery then go with the Farmers Hoe.  Fight z's in the open and try to see them before they see you.

I have been searching for 2 days now every hut I can't find where tents are suppose to spawn i just wondered if anyone has found one since the new update???

I believe that persistence is off so tents are out for now. 

Edited by Barnabus

Yes there is. It´s called not shooting. Very simple and very useful when one tries out new things to ensure it´s not flawed or bugged. If people don´t want to play on such a server, they are most welcome to not enter.

HA!  Like that will ever happen.  What you probably don't get is that I don't like it any more than you do but it is a fact of this particular post apocalyptic  game, if you can't get used to it than I suggest Fallen Earth, it is F2P, Post-apocy, has vehicles and PVP is optional.

It's about presentation too, if you are in a military zone, well, you are gonna get killed by people you don't know because they don't know you or your intentions.  They won't want to talk to you either and really don't give a flying F if you are "friendly".  I have been killed by enough people who say they are friendly to just want to shoot the very next person who says they are friendly to me.   But don't worry, I'll be your friend and I will stab you in the front.

By the way...  The servers you speak of are in violation of the TOS by restarting because of player kills, especially if it is the server admin getting killed.  That is server admin abuse my friend.  Suggest you take a close look at the naming convention (found here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/ ), even naming a server "friendly only" or "no Kos" is a violation.  So careful what you wish for..

Something I really thinks sucks ass is that folks are gonna assume that if you are in a balaclava you are a bandit.  All I wear the damn thing for is to keep warm.  It's a frigging character in a game, I have no need to hide my face to be a bandit.  Besides who cares?  I get Kos'd all the frigging time any way, bala freaking clava or not.  Like the man said, practice the art of not being seen.

Edited by Barnabus

I thought with 0.49 patch persistence is on I am the admin for Pipsi server and we have been told by Vilayer that persistence is on in our server.but i dont know now lol

So ive noticed a really bad ,,habit" in this update, never seen before. I could usually play decently at 30 fps, which was bad, but it was decent. Now, i noticed that my fps isnt what it used to be with this new update.... But it was still playable, not steady 30 fps tho.... When i looked at a city my fps dropped like a brick, but only to say... 20 fps? It would still be playable, but starting from yesterday, after i died of hypothermia, i respawned near a big ass city i think it was novo maybe, could not make out the city sign(it had a sign like electro has) but that matters less, If i just looked at it, my frames would instantly DIE , like , dead, and they would drop to an unplayable 2 frames... per ... second ! And im noticing wierd things when i look at cities fps seems to drop in a different manner now, like , object's textures start flickering and dissapear (when im in a house) and quickly reappear and the buildings textures keep switching to low quality then back to normal......Like its not the many objects in a city that causes me lag, something is making the game re-render everything near me when i look at certain points, like i walk forward and it starts happening even if im not looking at a city, then if i wont change where i look it will just keep going in 2fps so i look back or somewhere and its fine then it happens again and agaiin, the game worked fine in the past but now something is wierd like the textures keep re-rendering themselves when i look in random directions like they all go low quality and the floors in the houses dissapear and i can only see the buildings as a flat texture , like an image from paint with no detail, no doors opening, then i need to look in a nother direction to make them appear again... Im saying if this whole re-rendering or reapearring of textures didnt happen i could play just fine, so why does it happen? Anyone encountered  similar problems?

Does anyone know if the devs have said anything about the "hold breath" bug?
Don't really see any point in playing before this has been fixed, if one ends up in a pvp situation with a mosin and you aren't able to hold your breath you are more or less fucked.

Edited by Halven

So ive noticed a really bad ,,habit" in this update, never seen before. I could usually play decently at 30 fps, which was bad, but it was decent. Now, i noticed that my fps isnt what it used to be with this new update.... But it was still playable, not steady 30 fps tho.... When i looked at a city my fps dropped like a brick, but only to say... 20 fps? It would still be playable, but starting from yesterday, after i died of hypothermia, i respawned near a big ass city i think it was novo maybe, could not make out the city sign(it had a sign like electro has) but that matters less, If i just looked at it, my frames would instantly DIE , like , dead, and they would drop to an unplayable 2 frames... per ... second ! And im noticing wierd things when i look at cities fps seems to drop in a different manner now, like , object's textures start flickering and dissapear (when im in a house) and quickly reappear and the buildings textures keep switching to low quality then back to normal......Like its not the many objects in a city that causes me lag, something is making the game re-render everything near me when i look at certain points, like i walk forward and it starts happening even if im not looking at a city, then if i wont change where i look it will just keep going in 2fps so i look back or somewhere and its fine then it happens again and agaiin, the game worked fine in the past but now something is wierd like the textures keep re-rendering themselves when i look in random directions like they all go low quality and the floors in the houses dissapear and i can only see the buildings as a flat texture , like an image from paint with no detail, no doors opening, then i need to look in a nother direction to make them appear again... Im saying if this whole re-rendering or reapearring of textures didnt happen i could play just fine, so why does it happen? Anyone encountered  similar problems?

I noticed that my fps was bad around 20-30 but when I lowered shadows from very high to high my fps was very good again. It raised from 30 -> 60fps only with that tweak. Though your issue doesn't sound like mine but you can try out if it helps.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I noticed that my fps was bad around 20-30 but when I lowered shadows from very high to high my fps was very good again. It raised from 30 -> 60fps only with that tweak. Though your issue doesn't sound like mine but you can try out if it helps.

Heh my shadows are on low lel, yeah its not that.... But thanks for your time !

I have been searching for 2 days now every hut I can't find where tents are suppose to spawn i just wondered if anyone has found one since the new update???

Hicks hinted that they have changed the spawn during the livestream yesterday

It's so strange when you have Balaclava on your and Gorka helmet with visor but when you press tab your character face is exposed like you don't have Balaclava from top to the end of the visor. 

XRP026O.jpg

• Like 1

Heh my shadows are on low lel, yeah its not that.... But thanks for your time !

Try turning shadows off completely, this last patch broke shadows somehow and it seems to affect my textures too :(

Try turning shadows off completely, this last patch broke shadows somehow and it seems to affect my textures too :(

i guess i can give it a try. Thanks!

OUCH! That sucks. That really REALLY sucks. if only you were 30 seconds sooner :/

just shot a guy 4 times in the back with an akm from 5 - 10 yards away inside a jail top floor... the scrub was walking up the stairs back turned...

eats all 4 rounds...IN THE BACK! I roll and fire again.... 2 hit his chest... he pulls out a Makarov... 2 shots gg!

seeing your pic... after getting stomped by scrubs that hack.. makes me sad..

being done like that for the first time... just had my dayz cherry popped!.. always read about em... never seen them..

the 0.49 hackers are real..  ( KTS ) CLAN MEMBERS... <<hackstaz

(cant speak on mic.. mrs was asleep.... I don't KOS... had to 1x4 with no mic.. just f.y.I...)

Turning off the Shadows doesnt seem to improve anything, i changed my resolution, but i dont think that made a difference to my problem. Now, it does the re-render reappearing thing but only for a couple of times and then they stay like that no matter where i look.The buildings stay low res and without any floor or doors and yeah.... when im inside one everything is transparent so its kinda cheaty cus i can see outside but if someone would come inside i would probably die since i dont know where the hell is the door XD. And despite the fact that everything is locked in low res with transparent insides, i still get barely 12 fps when i should get double that, with the textures rendered normally.... I really dont know whats happening.... maybe its to do with the cities i am in? Dont think so but i am willing to just head in any direction and see if it persists...

Question about something I've noticed in yesterdays Twitch DevStream:

When he ran up that hospital roof at about 10:30 the whole landscape seemed to shimmer/move horizontally.

Is this intended and if so, what is it suppose to simulate?

I am asking because I get this a lot and I always think that something is wrong with my hardware or video settings.

Edited by robophant

Question about something I've noticed in yesterdays Twitch DevStream:

When he ran up that hospital roof at about 10:30 the whole landscape seemed to shimmer/move horizontally.

Is this intended and if so, what is it suppose to simulate?

I am asking because I get this a lot and I always think that something is wrong with my hardware or video settings.

Likewise mate, having this problem after I sprint along for a while. But then it goes away.

fixed my battleye client not responding issue. Did this:

To fix this please go to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\[game name]" (make sure that you can see hidden files/folders if you can't find this directory) and delete the BattlEye folder there.

It's supposedly the fix for some other issue but it worked for me.

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

This patch is running surprisingly well for me. 35-45 fps in the wild & 20-30 in cities. I get a 2 second pause every once in a while but seeing im on a Verizon Wireless USB 3g connection (1.5-2 down at best), I figure that's to blame.

No it isn't and no they are not and that may be but you can still beat them.  You need to keep your battery and get you a stun baton, greatest weapon since the fire axe, if you are dead set on chucking your battery then go with the Farmers Hoe.  Fight z's in the open and try to see them before they see you.

I'm over the the nerfing of melee weapons.  I'm not saying one hit kill, but I hit a Z 12 consecutive times with the shovel last night and didn't even knock it down.  The pickax and hoe are somewhat effective, but wtf is the deal with the shovel and pitch fork? You can forget about the bat, pipewrench, machete, and fire extinguisher.  I think the root of my problem is that the zombies are extraordinarily persistent and can track you from a pretty great distance.  So any new spawn basically has to run constantly with a pack of zombies following until you can locate one of the three melee options that actually work. The nav mesh system is a HUGE improvement, but now that they can run up steps and through doorways it would be swell if the doors worked more than 10% of the time (in my experience).  The alternative to un-nerfing the rest of the melee weapons would be if the doors actually kept the zombies out, this gives a new spawn a fighting chance to loot buildings and stop to eat.

I hope they get the hit-box thing squared away.  In a separate post someone mentioned that your hit box can actually get snagged on an open door or on an obstacle, which means you might be 30 feet away but the Z is still hitting your previous position.  That's totally what I'm seeing too, makes sense as a diagnosis.  

• Like 2

Likewise mate, having this problem after I sprint along for a while. But then it goes away.

its a post process effect to simulate exhaustion - if it becomes too annoying you can disable post processing in your video settings and it will stay gone.

Edited by Elle