anderswhk

Mistakes you see people do all the time in DayZ

What are some classic mistakes you see lots of people doing in DayZ? 

One of the highest on my list, would be exposing your position by eating/drinking in high traffic areas where many people go looking for trouble, like military bases. I lost count of how many times i will get near one of the buildings at NWAF, and I can hear some dude slamming down drinks.

• Like 1

messing around in their inventory in the middle of a field. that would be when whoever's been watching you takes their shot

People dying horribly in doorways, stairways and windows.

Edited by Trizzo

Stopping in front of road signs to look at a map.

I've never seen anyone do that, and stop talking about me.

Well, not anymore anyway. :lol:

• Like 2

People who assume that because I don't have any weapons on my shoulder it means I don't have any weapons.

• Like 1

People mistakenly using the direct chat button instead of their team speak button. Its pretty funny to see how people react when they realize their blunder. They always seem to have that oh shit look when you pull a pistol or sawn off shotty and then pop them for broadcasting that they intend to rob a kill you soon and need some assistance just in case

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 1

I have to say it's players who do their trading right out in the middle of a town, without seeking cover or having anyone on lookout.

A close second is the players who kill someone and proceed to loot the body without checking to see if there are other players accompanying the victim.

Also, pausing to bandage a bleeding wound while not in cover.

In the mod, the dumbest thing I saw the newbies doing was trying to go after and kill every zombie the instant they got a melee weapon, as if they were worth points or something.

• Like 1

People acting like the world is at war and they're being hunted at all times. You and your can of beans aren't that special.

React to stuff when it happens, not before. It's way more fun to live on the edge than to cower in the bushes. After all, it's just a game, you can respawn.

People that take risks with players that are "unarmed".

I keep a combat knife on me for a reason. You'd be amazed how many attempted robbers who've ended up getting stabbed in the face trying to handcuff me.

Rolling in 3 or 4 men groups just running through the streets like because there in a group there untouchable...

People drinking or eating in close proximity with a complete stranger they just met. Put a .357 round into a kitted players head today for doing just that. Playing friendly doesn't mean you should trust everyone.

People reaching for their weapons when they're at gunpoint.

• Like 1

Logging into a high pop server in the novo admin building.

Shooting zombies.

Typing instead of owning a working microphone.

People that take risks with players that are "unarmed".

I keep a combat knife on me for a reason. You'd be amazed how many attempted robbers who've ended up getting stabbed in the face trying to handcuff me.

Knives can't stop Skodas 

• Like 1

It simply has to be the Three Year old Syndrome..

Guy in field get's shot at, panics and goes prone "If I cant see shit past this grass that guy cant see me ....... BANG,DEAD"

Yo guys, i'm looking for players on dayz, i'm alone at the moment and i am looking for another player or group. Awesome, reply to me if you want to meet up on dayz.

Steam name: Justsaz

thanks ;)

Met up with a dude in Novy I had a mosin but no ammo. we struck up a convo. He asked me if I needed anything.  I asked him if he had any extra mosin ammo.  He dropped me 5.

I only needed 1.  

I got his stuff.

Give people food and water but NEVER give them ammo.

Edited by DoctorWhy
  • Like 1

Of i type my groped, people may stop doing then, so i won't share.

But to the "typing insteadof a working mic" thing... I often type, because talking can give away your position...

Of i type my groped, people may stop doing then, so i won't share.

But to the "typing insteadof a working mic" thing... I often type, because talking can give away your position...

Isn't that kind of an exploit though?  IRL you can't type or mind meld.  If you choose to answer, they will know where you are.

Of course I could extend that to groups using teamspeak which is even better than having football mics in your helmet.  And for the record, I use teamspeak.  My brain just exploded from a truth rush.

• Like 1