Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Face It - This game is PvE

Got you in here didn't I? Some of you are about to rage aren't yer? Hold on. All bugs, gltiches, hackers aside.

Everything and I mean everything wants to kill you dead.

- The weather wants to kill you

- Your basic needs want to kill you

- The zombies want to kill you

- The other players want to especially kill you

Face it, it's all environment. With the same result. "You are Dead." From the minute you enter as a fresh respawn, the clock is ticking.

This game "could" be everything for everybody. You just have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone. When the PvP player says get rid of PvE they will miss out on a new, fresh experience. Same for the PvE player saying get rid of PvP. For some reason we all jumped on this ride called Dayz. Why? Because it's concepts are new and fresh. It saddens me to see players leave due to one or the other reason. Leaving to wait for a better experience I can understand. Hang in there. It "could" be great. Even thinking down the road it would be interesting to play in another country. A different setting. I don't see why not once they get the engine in. Maybe official expansions down the road. There are so many same old same old games out there. 

There is another point I want to make. All my opinion of course. My fellow PvE players. Stop asking for the KOSers to stop playing their gamestyle (not speaking to hackers). Does it really matter if a guy is geared to the max, the finest rifle, 10000 rounds of ammo? I'm speaking all future here. After all, it's gonna take him awhile to be this geared. If he survives, he's earned it. Don't go where they will probably be. And if you want the challenge, hunt him down, and kill him. They are geared like Rambo and probably very cocky. Or paranoid, they should be. I always get amused when I see a non geared player whack "the Terminator". Nothing they have should have an affect on your gameplay. You, of all people, should be playing smarter. If your expecting to sit back and survive easy, you're making the same mistake as PvPers. Right now the scales are tipped toward PvP and deathmatch. With what I see coming I don't necessarily think that will continue. If a good balance is achieved. 

So, to you Charles Manson wannabes, "Go for it". I will have your gear. 

Disclaimer: I am not, now or ever, a KOSer.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 11

Is there an actual point to this thread? I've read it twice. I don't get it.

• Like 15

There is no point in trying to define a game soley as "PvE" or "PvP" or "PvZ" when all these elements come together to make the full experience. Zombies are part of the Environment, the Environment pushes Player interaction, Player interaction may (often) result in combat.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 3

Is there an actual point to this thread? I've read it twice. I don't get it.

Sort of I guess. The point is: choose a playstyle and go for it. To coin a phrase, "It's all good". Btw, must there always be a point?

As the Samurai said in "The Last Samurai". Paraphrasing, conversation is good.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 1

DayZ is something in its own category. I think there is misunderstanding of what PvE and PvP means. PvE means you are playing by yourself or with other players and there is no chance of other players attacking you or vs. versa.....None. PvP is means your player vs player, open season on other players. The entire reason for it is to fight other players.

DayZ is PvP and PvE both. Anywhere you go in DayZ other players can attack you at any time. There are no safe zones. But if you tend to play on light servers, the chances of being attacked are much less. But the threat is still there. So unless you have your own server by yourself, it is not really a true "PvE" game at all.

Case in point. I used to play Pirates of The Burning Sea...a MMORPG. It had pvp zones on the map were people would fight each other, unless you were in one of those zones, or in a skirmish or duel it was pretty much a pve game. It was vary clear were could fight other players and were you could not. DayZ SA once your in the game pvp can happen anywhere, same with pve for that matter. There is no serpration

Edited by CJFlint

Grimey Rick asked a question, "what's the point of this thread?"

There are many points I suppose. Shed a little light perhaps. Give somebody something to think about. Encourage those who want to toss the game to hang in there, give it a chance. Conversation in and by itself is always good.

I was an avid anti PvP player at one point. I thought the so-called COD kiddies were ruining the game. But little by little I came around to the place I am now. These seven words a poster wrote in some thread clinched it for me. He wrote, "You need me. I'm the bad guy." From then I wanted the whole experience, griefs and all.

So yeah, there is a point.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Got you in here didn't I? Some of you are about to rage aren't yer? Hold on. All bugs, gltiches, hackers aside.

Everything and I mean everything wants to kill you dead.

- The weather wants to kill you

- Your basic needs want to kill you

- The zombies want to kill you

- The other players want to especially kill you

Face it, it's all environment. With the same result. "You are Dead." From the minute you enter as a fresh respawn, the clock is ticking.

This game "could" be everything for everybody. You just have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone. When the PvP player says get rid of PvE they will miss out on a new, fresh experience. Same for the PvE player saying get rid of PvP. For some reason we all jumped on this ride called Dayz. Why? Because it's concepts are new and fresh. It saddens me to see players leave due to one or the other reason. Leaving to wait for a better experience I can understand. Hang in there. It "could" be great. Even thinking down the road it would be interesting to play in another country. A different setting. I don't see why not once they get the engine in. Maybe official expansions down the road. There are so many same old same old games out there. 

There is another point I want to make. All my opinion of course. My fellow PvE players. Stop asking for the KOSers to stop playing their gamestyle (not speaking to hackers). Does it really matter if a guy is geared to the max, the finest rifle, 10000 rounds of ammo? I'm speaking all future here. After all, it's gonna take him awhile to be this geared. If he survives, he's earned it. Don't go where they will probably be. And if you want the challenge, hunt him down, and kill him. They are geared like Rambo and probably very cocky. Or paranoid, they should be. I always get amused when I see a non geared player whack "the Terminator". Nothing they have should have an affect on your gameplay. You, of all people, should be playing smarter. If your expecting to sit back and survive easy, you're making the same mistake as PvPers. Right now the scales are tipped toward PvP and deathmatch. With what I see coming I don't necessarily think that will continue. If a good balance is achieved. 

So, to you Charles Manson wannabes, "Go for it". I will have your gear. 

Disclaimer: I am not, now or ever, a KOSer.

I agree, the fact that people are so geared is because they managed to stay alive and everything you find in that life cycle is earned. I also don't mind that there will be rifle significantly superior towards others, weapons don't need to be balanced out, some weapons are simply better than others, if you find one, lucky you and you deserve it.

Leaving to wait for a better experience I can understand. Hang in there. It "could" be great.

The thing is, many players have become used to PVP because the game has been facilitating this... so no surprise some are leaving, I dont mind, they may be back - or not. Im staying anyway!

At least 80% of my deaths have been from getting shot on sight, regardless of where, what gear I have or whether I make contact with them [friendly etc]. This game is a glorified shooter at the moment.

He's simply saying the point of the game isn't to kill each other, and he's correct. How you choose to survive the in the apocalypse is up to you, even if that means attempting to kill everyone you see.

With unlimited glitched mags and duping apparently getting fixed with the .49 build you'd think that ammo would be a little more scarce and those who play this more CoD style than survivor style should get toned down a bit and become more rare.

They're going to need to rename the game from "DayZ" to "Everything in the game is trying to kill you" or maybe "StairOfDeathZ".

To my mind, multiplayer games are always competitive. Even if you're PvEing for the most part, the mere presence of other people in the server gives it that edge, and at the very least means that you have their success in the game to measure your own against.

But that is not to say the only way of competing with each other in DayZ should be in armed combat to the death. If alternatives are provided by the devs, I'm sure people will use them.

Edited by Pillock

But that is not to say the only way of competing with each other in DayZ should be in armed combat to the death. If alternatives are provided by the devs, I'm sure people will use them.

Handcuffs, burlap sacks, disinfectant spray, blood bags (give them the wrong type!),  broken legs, the ability to knock someone out, direct chat, emot animations (the F keys), paper+pen=note, etc. There's already a lot of alternatives that are provided. I can't wait to see more!

The only problem I have with PVP advocates is their predilection to claiming that there isn't anything else worthwhile in DayZ. I am not against PVP, I think it needs to be in the game. I also think there needs to be enough PVE threats that PVP takes a back seat as the primary threat to a player. It still needs to be a threat, but all those other factors need to be as much if not more of a threat.

• Like 1

snip

Did somebody fart? It smells in here.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

What weather ? They still haven implemented negative effects from rain and cold. Unless you mean the game WILL BE PvE at some point. 

Edited by General Zod

Log 1,000's of hours in the game (between the SA and the mods), and tell me you still have fun with the PvE.. 

Then we can talk.  :)

• Like 2

Don't forget that the stairs are trying to kill you, too.

An environmental threat that matched that of a player? I don't think that will ever happen.

What they should do though is get rid of the health regen.

Blood bags and eating cooked meat should be the only way to regain health (blood)

Blood bagging should require a second person.

Log 1,000's of hours in the game (between the SA and the mods), and tell me you still have fun with the PvE.. 

Then we can talk.  :)

Done. I still have fun with the PvE. Do you want to have an honest talk now? I'll say the same thing I've been saying. 

An environmental threat that matched that of a player? I don't think that will ever happen.

What they should do though is get rid of the health regen.

Blood bags and eating cooked meat should be the only way to regain health (blood)

Blood bagging should require a second person.

Why?

Instead of viewing the "healthy" status as health or blood, view it instead as "shock", the condition your body enters whenever injured, no matter how minor. Shock can have many effects, such as blurred vision, trembling, vomiting, loss of senses, confusion, loss of conciousness, and even death.

To treat shock, you must first remove the cause of the shock (bleeding; stop bleeding and pain, broken limb; immobilize and stop pain, etc etc.) Once the shock is stopped, you can recover via rest, re-hydration and the consumption of food....

Doesn't that sound familiar? I've always considered "blood" and "healthy" to mean shock, because I have somewhat of an idea how the human body works, and shock seems far FAR more plausible than blood. It also explains how we survive gunshots to the torso; adrenaline is preventing the primary symptoms of shock until 1)after the adrenaline wears off and/or 2) the shock symptoms overwhelm the adrenaline response.

Done. I still have fun with the PvE. Do you want to have an honest talk now? I'll say the same thing I've been saying. 

Are you the OP now? No.

So walk.... away...

..forum.. warrior.  :|

Edited by lrish