Leonidus_Maximus

What happened to Pax Prime?

What Happened to the footage and "Special Build" at Pax Prime? I've been trolling DayZ Reddit and these forums for day(Z) and expecting it, what's up?

Anyone w/ information if it's coming out would be awesome!

EDIT:

I already saw the recent "Dev Blog" but I coulda swore we were going to see some video footage shot at Pax Prime a "Special Build", or was that the "Special build"? (The Dev Blog)

Thanks!

-Leonidus Maximus

Edited by Leonidus_Maximus

I got the feeling devs are working their arse off to bring 0.49 to the stable.

I'd rather have new patch on stable, than just read about it :-).

• Like 1

Before they bring it to stable I think they finish the features they were adding to experimental, to make sure everything is working.

Before they bring it to stable I think they finish the features they were adding to experimental, to make sure everything is working.

Yea but is patch 0.49 the "Special Build" we were going to see at Pax Prime?

Thanks!

-Leonidus Maximus

Thanks!

-Leonidus Maximus

Special build sounds very much like an early preview of PS4 port. Or a showoff of the new engine changes.

Thanks!

-Leonidus Maximus

I actually got to see the server, it was called astro and showed the same version as experimental.

When I spawned in I was at Churno which I don't think currently happens in exp yet.

So there may have been some small differences, but having the client exp build at the time I probably wouldn't have seen anything different that isn't done by the server. I didn't get many errors or anything so I don't assume much was different.

Today is last chance to update Eperimental if they want to push it to stable this wednesday! If it doesnt hapen today, they will pospone stable update for another week!!!

Today is last chance to update Eperimental if they want to push it to stable this wednesday! If it doesnt hapen today, they will pospone stable update for another week!!!

They could always push it straight to stable with no open testing on experimental. They might do that if they've tested it a lot themselves.

• Like 1

they only did it once, and they had to do hot fix on friday! :)

its about time for update, I didnt play for more than 2 weeks. And .48 needs fixes and persistence to work!

0.49 looks like it hit exp some time ago, so it looks like they're doing a QA run to minimise the inevitably biblical proportion of cry set to spill over the forum and server alike.

That said, excited for new features and additions :)

0.49 looks like it hit exp some time ago, so it looks like they're doing a QA run to minimise the inevitably biblical proportion of cry set to spill over the forum and server alike.

That said, excited for new features and additions :)

I hope 133 , Rosi 92, SPOSN meke tu stable on wednesday

• Like 1

tbh i don't use the lever action currently in game enough/at all.

also let me use the sporter mag plzzzz :'( so rare. i just wanna 22.

deviation from my standard mosin/sks/ak mix would be great

I actually got to see the server, it was called astro and showed the same version as experimental.

When I spawned in I was at Churno which I don't think currently happens in exp yet.

So there may have been some small differences, but having the client exp build at the time I probably wouldn't have seen anything different that isn't done by the server. I didn't get many errors or anything so I don't assume much was different.

Were you at pax prime ? Otherwise I don't know how you got on there :/ . But the build was supposedly "super secret" they didn't let anyone record the build show off at the convention so it has to be something big / new ... But they did say they were recording it instead of streaming it so my guess is when .49 hits stable they will release it (the video of pax prime ) .. Or maybe well never see It and just forget it ever happened lol .

The build was merely the latest development build, nothing crazy but it did have some newer things obviously. I assume the panel will be uploaded at some point but the team is busy preparing 0.49 at the moment.

Our aim with he panel was more to have a discussion about the game rather than save up information. Now we tend to let th community know quite fast what is going on, so there is not much to save specially. The build we have on the floor is the latest development build so it has some quite new changes in it. Unfortunately the byproduct of quite high transparency is not much to pin to hype at events. From the outside that might seem to suck, but we had an awesome discussion during and after which is really what I think pax panels are supposed to be about - interaction between devs and players

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209798-reddit-rocket2guns-on-pax-dayz-panel-requesting-attendees-information/

Bit of a let down that with the whole "special" build thing. I thought they might have a basic showcase of something big....like a vehicle or early basebuilding :(

That's the general idea, yeah.

Why that laptop have "improbable" on it ?.... hmmm....how weird.....I know, trust me to notice that.... :D

I didn't watch the full hour, just the first 10 minutes...it sounds that they doing a lot more than just working in a new engine, i wonder how long the overhaul is going to be.

Watched it all. Was nice but not any kind of revelation or such.

Also wonder about that special PAX build, there was nothing shown in this vid.

Btw another interesting "thing" was this Shannonzkiller killer in first row.

Edited by Hombre