hothtimeblues

Ok. Can they please either reduce armor from clothing.... Or

It was stupid of them to add armor to plain clothes and army vests that don't actually have armor in them. Armor right now should just be the press vest and helmets.

From the looks of it the press vest is Kevlar like what the police use. Funny, those types of vests do absolutely nothing for high powered rifle rounds. They are designed for low sub rounds such as pistols and such. I really havn't seen in game the heavy military vests. They are heavy bastards and would cut down your stamina a lot. They do have the design to stop high powered rounds as seen on Live Leak. In a game, especially, an unfinished game, there will be silly balancing issues. In the end I'm sure there will be a happy compromise (hopeful).

Why is it stupid they do the same damage? They are virtually the same round, just slightly different sizes.

lrn2bullet

7.62x54mm (and 7.62x51mm, for that matter) is a full sized rifle round.

7.62x39mm is an intermediate cartridge. Much less power.

• Like 1

I wish mosins were a lot more rare. just seems like a good majority of the people who play just camp out cities and snipe people . shit whatever floats your boat play how you want im just saying it would be nice to be able to go into a city without 4 people sniping you out.

Do you know how many Mosin Nagant, 91/30 Rifles were made? Probably, with only slight exaggeration here, there were MILLIONS of these  rifles made. The Soviets made stockpiles of these things 20 feet deep, to the point where you can buy one in the US for $120 for a good rifle, and $90-100 for an "average" one.

TL:DR Mosin Nagants could easily be the most common firearm in the game. However, they shouldn't have any attachments with the exception of the bayonet and the PU scope.

• Like 1

Can be a bit annoying not getting the kill after landing a great first shot with the mosin but at least it gives the person a chance. At 400m though I would wait till the target stops moving.

Here I got hit by 3 mosin shots and lived to tell the tale...

That right there is why the mosin is no good for fire fights within 2 to 3 hundred meters.  Mosin gets one shot off to their 3 to 4.

Edited by huf757

My Mosin kills over the last month.

Mosin kill ...geared...one shot 150 yards centre mass

Mosin kill ...geared...one shot 2 yards head

Mosin kill ...bambi...two shots 200 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared...one shot 200 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared...two shots 300 yards centre mass

Mosin kill....geared...one shot 50 yards centre mass

Mosin kill....bambi...one shot 100 yards centre mass (he had taken axe wound from another player)

Mosin kill....geared ...two shots 350 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared...one shot 200 yards head

Mosin kill....geared....one shot 250 yards head

Mosin kill...bambi....one shot 250 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...bambi...one shot 300 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared...one shot 500 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared...one shot 150 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...bambi...two shots 75 yards centre mass

Mosin kill ....geared....one shot 550 yards centre mass

Mosin kill...geared....one shot 900 yards centre mass....bleed out and killed by zed after unconscious

Mosin kill...bambi...one shot 600 yards centre mass...bleed out and killed by zed after unconscious

Geared...full gear etc.

Bambi...either very little gear or partially geared but no rifle (mainly no rifle)

From the looks of it the press vest is Kevlar like what the police use. Funny, those types of vests do absolutely nothing for high powered rifle rounds. They are designed for low sub rounds such as pistols and such. 

I wouldn't say nothing, yes the bullet would still go trough and do the damage, but some of it's kinetic energy would be lost in the process. 

I am of the belief that none of the clothing items even plate carriers should reduce the damage in any shape or form.

Keep the dayz mod damage system where regardless of time alive you are always just as vulnerable everyone with the same health and armor protection everyone equally as likely to fall victim to a single gunshot from a makarov.

Have plate carriers and other vests only differ in look and in inventory slots nothing else.

At this point in game development, fiddling with all the stats of every piece of this or that gear makes no sense.  They should just be adding them as fast as they can with a reasonable initial setting, and then tweak them in Beta. 

The only clothes that should provide anti bullet protection are

Press vest - for obvious reasons

Track suits - because that's a marvel of slav tech

I couldn't even KoS him. .. he just turned around (blood pouring from his body) and killed me in 2 shots...

I believe it was an attempt to reduce KoS. Totally didn't work.

Totally did.

Oh, and bwahahaha.   :emptycan:

• Like 2

The other day I shot a geared guy 3 times in the head with a makarov and my friend shot him 10 times with sks, and during that time he returned fire on both of us and broke both of our legs, but he either bled out or was knocked out and respawned. Ridiculous

Edited by MagneticToast

The other day I shot a geared guy 3 times in the head with a makarov and my friend shot him 10 times with sks, and during that time he returned fire on both of us and broke both of our legs, but he either bled out or was knocked out and respawned. Ridiculous

That's just the shitty netcode mostly, not the armor.

• Like 1

..//..

( i assume being sick weakens you).....

..//..

if it dont kill you it makes you stronger

xx

Totally did.

Oh, and bwahahaha.   :emptycan:

Nah. I just won't use the Makarov anymore. And he died, too.  :D

Edited by scriptfactory

I am of the belief that none of the clothing items even plate carriers should reduce the damage in any shape or form.

Keep the dayz mod damage system where regardless of time alive you are always just as vulnerable everyone with the same health and armor protection everyone equally as likely to fall victim to a single gunshot from a makarov.

Have plate carriers and other vests only differ in look and in inventory slots nothing else.

Well if the made plate carriers extra rare, then I'd like them in game.

It would have trade off of being heavier and provide less inventory space than usual tac vest.

But having plate carrier vest should not mean you are immortal.

It should reduce dmg of shots or two (depending on caliber), before ballistic plate is ruined and you would need to find new and replace it.

Also they could add plates of various ballistic procetion and those of higher one, would be ofc more rare than those protecting against pistol rounds.

Just my thoughts though.

Well if the made plate carriers extra rare, then I'd like them in game.

It would have trade off of being heavier and provide less inventory space than usual tac vest.

But having plate carrier vest should not mean you are immortal.

It should reduce dmg of shots or two (depending on caliber), before ballistic plate is ruined and you would need to find new and replace it.

Also they could add plates of various ballistic procetion and those of higher one, would be ofc more rare than those protecting against pistol rounds.

Just my thoughts though.

I'd like if it worked as so - only a few rare vests can carry protective plates. There are plates you can find in places like barrackses, which, if put into the vests' storage, will render their protective qualities onto the vest. Perhaps larger plates work better but obviously take up more space.

• Like 1

This and a players ability to "zoom" off making it incredibly hard to hit a player when they're moving are my number one issues with the current state of the game by far.  A player can literally almost fly away at full speed it feels and looks totally unreal. It shouldn't take 30rnds of 5.56 at 150 yards to put someone down because they can run at a million miles an hour.

Edited by robhimself

This and a players ability to "zoom" off making it incredibly hard to hit a player when they're moving are my number one issues with the current state of the game by far.  A player can literally almost fly away at full speed it feels and looks totally unreal. It shouldn't take 30rnds of 5.56 at 150 yards to put someone down because they can run at a million miles an hour.

I think the easy solution to this is to make the 'shock' condition from being hit disable sprinting - rather you can only run or walk.

But they've said on multiple occasions that they don't want players killing each other from far away, and want fights to only be close-range. It's shitty design, but their words, not mine.

Edited by trtk

the sprint speed feels insanely fast in general...3 of us today opened fire on someone 100m away and it took roughly 20 shots combined before someone hit him due to him sprinting and zig zagging at 30km/hr...

some kind of momentum build up that takes a second before sprinting reaches full speed would be really nice..being able to literally dance your way out of oncoming fire is terrible.

• Like 1

I like the current speed of sprinting (so getting around without vehicles isn't extremely time consuming).

However, I agree with this statement:

I think the easy solution to this is to make the 'shock' condition from being hit disable sprinting - rather you can only run or walk.

The shock condition could last 5-15s or so depending on the cartridge.

Edited by bonesnap

Hard to believe, since the guy was standing still

Hard to believe but definitely possible, I guess. It happens rather frequently. After being shot people sometimes have a few seconds to return fire. Double kills happen to me more often in this game than BF4.

But they've said on multiple occasions that they don't want players killing each other from far away, and want fights to only be close-range. It's shitty design, but their words, not mine.

If that's the case than they better improve the qualilty of gameplay mechanics. Because right now, close quarter combat even with weapons really brings out how bad the controls and netcode is. The last 3 times I got in a firefight with less than 20 feet between us, we both died because of the seconds delay after getting shot.

So it's counterproductive to make distance killing difficult. Killing at a distance is the only enjoyable part of Dayz right now because when it happens, you don't notice the problems or frustrations with the netcode or terrible melee.

Edited by hothtimeblues

some kind of momentum build up that takes a second before sprinting reaches full speed would be really nice..being able to literally dance your way out of oncoming fire is terrible.

Or they can just reduce the sprint speed dramatically so it is not like this.

Yes that is the sprint speed in dayz btw , 30 km/h

Edited by kichilron
Spoilers!
  • Like 1