shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Not been as active in the game lately... needed a bit of a break but came back at it with rejuvenated enthusiasm. 

Working my way east between Cherno and Elektro with a fresh in Musty. I'd found a raincoat and a sledge but other than that was pretty plain. Made it to Elektro and found one guy who told me to keep my distance as he pointed a shotgun at me. "I'm pretty leery of anyone right now... so if you don't mind go ahead and put your sledge away too." 

"Sure thing." I put my sledge away only to find my character automatically assumes a fighting stance. "Whoops- sorry about that... hate it when it does that." 

Then 2-3 zombies come from various directions and I'm dodging and weaving... "Go ahead and hit them with your sledge." 

Out comes the sledge... He obviously didn't want to shoot for fear of drawing attention. Smart! 

I flail a little but eventually knock them all down. 

"Okay, now where were we? I'm heading east, then up to the north... I just spawned in near Cherno and haven't really stopped to grab anything." I had a couple tins of food but no gear. 

"Need anything?"

"Actually no... not really. Just want to keep pushing east." 

"Alright, well good luck out there. I'm going to continue west." 

We went our different ways and I felt comfortable not looking over my shoulder. Eventually I got to the town east of Elektro (Kamishovo) and ran into another survivor near the police station. 

"Eh there- How's it going?"

"Good- but I'm dying of thirst. You got a soda or anything?" 

"No, to be honest... I have a couple cans of food that should help- some spag and some peaches but nothing to open them with. You have a screw driver or anything?" 

"No I don't... That's okay man I'll just keep looking-" 

"Well, wait a sec. I have a hatchet here. Let me try that out." I hacked the cans to pieces apparently- spilling just about all of it but leaving enough to take a dent out of his thirst. "Listen, I know this area a bit and there's a well right around here... around these next couple of buildings. I'm sure I can find it if you have a few minutes." 

"Okay... I'll stay close but I'm going to go check out a few buildings." 

I went on my search and almost immediately saw someone with a ghillie hood and a red (?) raincoat or something like that. Long rifle- not sure the kind... but he went to great lengths to avoid me seeing him sprinting out of sight. "Hey- ghillie guy!" I called out hoping he'd hear me. "I'm just hanging out man... I got nothing worth shooting me over." No answer. 

I ran to the road in the direction he was running in hopes that I could talk him out but didn't see him. I went back and found the well I was looking for. Nice! "Eh! Hey guy with the blue pack- you out there? Can you hear me?" Nothing. Then I saw him running along the tracks. "Hey man- I found it! It's right over here." 

"Oh wow man, thanks!" 

"Yeah, I knew it was over here somewhere. There's a guy running around with a ghillie hood so you might want to be careful but-" 

SNAP

You are unconcious.

"HEY WHAT THE FUCK MAN! WHY'D YOU DO THAT!?" the guy I was helping (trying to help) was not pleased. 

A different voice said a few words I don't remember- there were a couple other shots. 

"Why'd you kill him man... why? He didn't do anything?" 

YOU ARE DEAD

"Sorry buddy." (not sure who said that... wasn't the guy I was helping- that's all I knew)

So that's me back on the beach- same spawn point as before. Sigh. 

Running back through Elektro with nothing- kind of hoping to run into the guy I was helping again and thank him for speaking in my defense. I picked up a zombie conga line in hopes that if I ran into someone I could just deploy the line on them and give me a chance to escape. I had 4 guys in tow when I came across another survivor with a long rifle. Pretty sure it was in fact the same guy who killed me. I zig zagged a bit, looped around to reassemble my troops and get them in a nice little cluster, then headed back towards the guy with the gun. 

SNAP

You are dead. 

You're an idiot... but nice shot I guess. 

Anyway- grew tired of that. 

Went back to a pub that was in my history (persistence on I think)... found that I was to the west of the NWAF. I think DaveB and I ended up in that area together at some point but it was about 10 minutes behind from where we'd actually left the game during a reset. Weird. 

Made my way solo to the NWAF hoping to pick up a scope or some binoculars since I was already pretty well kitted out thanks to some supplies Dave had handed over. 

I made my way to the north side towards the tents- taking some good time to keep an eye open for movement. I came in along the north wall, under the fence sort of near the entrance gate. I saw a zombie standing there at the gate which I took to be a good sign. I slowly stood- heard the zombie launch at what I assumed was me...

SNAP SNAP SNAP- zing! zing! 

Jesus! Here we go again. I tap danced my way around the incoming and bolted to the east towards cover. I performed some rigorous switchbacks between trees, looking for those that provided the best concealment. Once I was sure I'd broken contact, I kept running for another couple hundred meters, found a dip in the terrain and took shelter under a pine tree that had branches that went to ground towards the direction of the threat (that I knew of.) 

I stayed there- motionless... double alt tap- moving head only. I heard another couple shots coming from the direction I came... Waited. 

Caught movement directly west- I think it was my pursuer running back from chasing me... or someone else entirely. More shots. Silence. 

More movement! This time to the west but running south. Zombie in pursuit of something- not sure what. 

SOOOOOOOOOOO confused. I waited another couple minutes to see what was going to shake out. Nothing. 

I switched off my "bitch" mode and decided it was time to go on the offensive. To be honest, I initially started running east away from danger (or towards it? At this point I didn't know) but decided to turn around and carefully make my way back to what was clearly an ambush site. I made my way up the NE corner of the airfield and tent camp, cut across the road there that leads up the hill, then came back down. In my travel I'd heard one more shot that helped me confirm that someone was in that area... I took up a protected and somewhat elevated position and watched. I did see some movement on the other side of the airfield up the hill on the west side but lost it pretty quickly.

Nothing obvious was working in the tent camp. Did I have the best vantage point? Maybe? I'd never posted around the airfield before so I wasn't sure... I knew I had to check it out since if that was THE BEST area to see into the tent camp- there was a very, very good chance that someone else would be dropping in on me shortly. 

I moved around the area cautiously, gaining confidence as the server pop dwindled. Funny enough it seemed to coincide with the shots being fired. One person after another were leaving... but one familiar name remained. 

I worked my way around to the north but found the elevation was too low to see over the wall. I returned to my initial vantage point. Server pop had completely dropped off. I waited another minute to ensure my immediate area was clear and logged. I felt like I'd been engaged at some level or another for 10 minutes of intense action but over an hour and a half went by. 

Oh yeah... THAT'S why I love this game!

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 5

I've had a funny old DayZ recently.  My solo pub character hasn't done much and nothing much has happened to him.  I've reached a plateau with him where he's fully geared to the level that I want (SKS, sawn-off shotgun & Magnum, decent clothing, etc...) and explored all of the map.  So, whilst I am perfectly happy to run around, unless I actively decide to seek out other players or visit high danger locations, there's not much for him to do.

Fortunately, my friend DC has been on a lot recently and we've been playing together on various private servers where we already have partially geared characters near each other.  

My third ever player kill came from such a character.  

We'd both died at the NWAF having met an assault rifle armed player (tip - a shotgun versus AK battle goes badly for the shotgun player, especially if I am the shotgun player) and DC got a Novo spawn and I got a Berezino spawn - close enough.  I sprinted North to join him and managed to find a motorbike helmet, SKS with 16 rounds and a splitting axe.  Since the route I had chosen took me near Cernaya Polana I decided to drop in to the fire station to see if I could find a fire axe.  It seemed very quiet so my guard was down as I walked to the metal shelves at the foot of the stairs.  There I saw a Magnum - I'm having that, so I stood in front of the shelves and opened my inventory to make a little room for the gun.

Clang clang clang!  Someone is on the stairs right above me!!

I mash the button to close my inventory, spin round and start to run.  I get to the furthest doors and turn to see a guy in a motorbike helmet with a fire axe held above his head charging at me.  I say "it's ok, I'm friendly!" but he keeps charging at me.  I turn and run, taking a straight route down the road, looking over my shoulder as I go.  The guy is still chasing me with his axe out so I have pulled a short way ahead of him.  I've told him I'm friendly, I've tried to get away, but he's still trying to kill me so he's obviously a PVP maniac.  Fine.

At maybe 30 metres, I turn and pull out my SKS.  I try and remember how to do this.  No time to crouch, and besides I want to stay mobile, so I stay standing, but I do aim down the rifle.  He sees the danger, obviously, and starts to jink like mad.  I try and hit him with a trio of careful shots but I don't see to hit him.  At close range his speed and ability to change direction is just too quick.  In a panic as he finally comes into melee range I release the remaining 7 shots in a hail of fire.  He swings and hit me.  Gun empty, with no melee weapon out, I bolt, holstering my gun as I go.  

Luck has been with me as somehow his axe has seemingly done me no damage and I look over my shoulder as I run to see him still chasing me but he's bleeding - I've hit him!  Ok, that's a game changer and all I need to do now is play smart and safe and I can walk away from this.

We run through the town for a few streets and pick up 3 zombies before I break out of the buildings, still being chased by a bleeding maniac and 3 zombies, and reach a field.  This ends here, but like I said, play it safe and take the least amount of risks possible.  I spend the next 4-5 minutes running in squares around the field, still being chased, with the maniac taking swipes at me whenever he gets close enough.  It feels like forever but finally the guy drops.  I run over to check his pulse (and see his name) but he's already respawned.  I grab his fire axe and kill the zombies.  

On reflection I wonder what I would have done if he had broken contact after we had hit each other.  Prior to that, back at the fire station, I definitely would have been happy to break contact and just leave.  I'm cool with that.  But after he continued to attack me, and actually hit me, even though I warned him off?  Hmm...  Once he was bleeding the ball was definitely in my court - if he had attempted to get away to bandage himself I could have reversed the roles and started chasing him.  And maybe I would have, it would have been nothing less than he deserved.  Anyway, I didn't have to make that decision - he made it for me.  

But it's something to think about...

• Like 2

A Tale about Karma

Well my willingness to play this has dwindled somewhat recently after clocking up 52 hours play time on my recent steam counter

A lot of this has resulted in me being killed on sight all over the map.

I Logged on towards the beach in Elektro, tiredness caught up with me the previous night and I logged in Elektro not something I normally do, I head further inland towards the school area did a sweep and picked up some much needed hydration, when a pop up informed me a friend had booted up Dayz and a few minutes later he was in the same server. Instead of our usual skype call I steam messaged him to say I was in elektro in the pub by the school. He told he was in elektro by the police station I moved myself to the front of the building and see him checking the roof in his fresh spawn gear.

We meet in front of the school using in game chat and I toss him some food as he heads towards the fire station trying to find a weapon, I head towards the police station myself doing a quick sweep and head around the side to the garages looking for a long range scope for my Mosin. No Such luck I make a decision to check the two story red and green houses just at the entrance to elektro kamy side. First one returns nothing of significance so I head towards the next one…..

Doors are open hmm I wonder if my friend had checked here, I get just in the door and I hear the sound of someone eating so without really doing anything naivety takes over and I rush upstairs and into the first room on the right, I don’t peak or use the 3rd person exploit I just walk in the room, some moderately geared guy just crouched there eating. I Leave the room and head back down the stairs

Halfway down I stop, now im not one to kill on sight ive always believed that this game is about the social experience, I quick select my magnum head up the stairs, right click and bring up my ironsight and drop the guy in the face with one shot. Whether this was me just helping me to gear my friend I don’t know, I like to think it was frustration and me taking this out.

Not knowing where my buddy is I send him a steam message and send him the location of the gear, a few minutes pass and he arrives comes straight upstairs and helps himself to the gear and the mosin the guy had, I take my position in the door way waiting for him to gear so we can head out.

I then hear what I think is a door opening but with us two using ingame chat I take no notice believing it to be some type of interference, I then peak down at the door its open I think to myself maybe he didn’t shut the door.

Then Black screen

You are unconscious……….

I hear my buddy and the guy at the bottom of the stairs having some trash talk and something pops up clear as day “You guys killed my friend”

You are dead......

I then get a steam message “he got me too, ill call you on skype”

Now id like to think that if this guy saw me eating he would have done the same, it was Elektro afterall maybe I should have spoken to him first who knows

And onto another note, the last two days ive tried a couple of new servers out and one in particular needs some attention “Fear and Loathing in Berezino” Full of dupers and glitchers, ive never heard so much M4 fire it was constant then I found a dead player, his back pack consisted of 3 protector cases which had 3 ammo boxes, containing 3 x 60 round mags, then 120 or so M4 rounds. I didn’t even want to take the stuff in fear of being branded a hacker myself anyway just a heads up.

Lee

Well, i had a couple of disastrous trys the last few days. I got into a police station , just as i was looking around i heard footsteps a funny laugh and "you are dead" , mind you i was totally bare in gear, id just spawned around the corner from it. I was no earthly threat to this guy, but oh well. I did say something to him but its too colourfull to repeat here >:( .

Anyway i re spawned in near Svetlo on the beach to the south, i went in and right away started finding food and drink. I had them right away until i found better stuff. I got into the cop shop in svetlo and found a double barrel rifle with ammo for it , happy days :D

So i skulked around svetlo for a while and headed nth west. At the time i didnt know it was svetlo . Moving from building to building i heard the zombies going nuts, then some foot steps running along the middle of the road heading nth out of town. Id just about finished my collecting of gear , so i crept out and followed a long enough distance behind the zombies and the other person. For whatever reason one zombie stopped in its tracks so i had to scout around it and keep moving. I veered of the main road into a wreckers yard somewhere  and found  marin back pack.

Headed into polana, did a bit of searching for certain things that i thought were worth having and kept going nth west, i then saw a big town that turned out to be Novo , i stayed on the southern west outskirts and didn't go in , id heard gunshots and wasn't going to risk it although i had a good kit on me.

Kept moving nth west and found Pobeda Dam , then moving through a couple of houses i found a mosin, then 20 more rounds of ammo hidden under a bed. I went out into the forest a bit and left the twin barrel and went back for the mosin, got it :D

So im up on the second floor about to log off and i hear someone say , " im friendly" then that laugh i heard earlier when i was shot and bang. I looked down and there was the guy that the zombies were after and the one that i am sure shot me. I saw him move toward the house i was in , he didn't know i was there, he went in. I hadn't looted anything at all from in there as i was fully hydrated and energized , no point. He was gathering some gear and then came up stairs, opened the door that i was standing behind and i promptly invited him in with a fire axe through the skull. :thumbsup: He didn't even see me :D

I didn't take anything, didn't need to, oh apart from his worthless KOS life :lol:

I happily logged 

• Like 1

I spawned in Elektro on teh Wobo server, people were shooting with ak's and mosins so I went along the coast. As I climb onto the roof of a house I notice a sniper lying there sniping. I shoot him and take his gun and some ammo. I only get 500 metres or so before someone kills me with automatic fire. I run for my corpse but it is gone. I run for the guy i killed but he is also gone.

I try another character and spawn in the woods above Vybor. I slowly approach the edge of the woods and start to scope the area and SWISH! "You are dead". I didn't live for a minute even.

Respawn on the wobo server in Cherno. I run around gearing up for a while then when I open a door a guy sits there with a gun, He shoots me dead.

I try yet another character and stay of the grid for a while. Its quite boring so I log out.

I respawn on the 9thcav server north of Novo. I gather some nice gear while people kill eachother in the town. I finally get to Polana and as I'm climbing the firestation tower a guy at the top starts shooting at me with a magnum. He misses so i run away. I try to get him but I only have one bullet for my 1911 and ofcourse i miss. I leave polana and hear a lot of shoooting from the fire station as i run away. I go to the airfield and log out as the server restarts.

I also had the worst luck the day before. I spawned outside of cherno on the roof of the factory building. Almost immediately I am attacked on the roof by a Bambi. I tell him to stop and start pulling out my repeater. Seconds later I am dead. I lagged and fell off the roof. I am upset ofcourse and as I'm respawning the server restarts. At least the bambi didn't get my stuff.

• Like 1

not a good dayz.. i only played for an hour and died 3 times  :rolleyes:. and hacking seems to be back, even worse than before

i joined the grumpy old gamers private server, i hadn't played on this one in a while and was a bit suprised when i spawned with decent gear, a cr rifle, longhorn, plenty of ammo and everything else i need to survive. not knowing my exact position i ran around for a bit and found a town, just as i enter it and i'm crouched behind a wall i see a player running right on the other side of it, he pops behind the corner, i aimed my gun at him.. but he had his gun on his back so i hold fire. i think desync screwed me over here because he shot me anyways.. 2 shots, gunsmoke appearing in front of the guy but no weapon in his hands.. i manage to fire off 1 shot but died immediatly after that.

i spawn on the beach on a patch of rocks so the first thing i do is search for a stone and craft a knife, while i'm doing this i hear a shot.. there was a guy in a pink raincoat firing flares a few dozen meters away, he saw me and aimed his gun at me.. i put my hands up and start walking away and i lost sight of him. i was looking around with the alt key when suddenly the guy is standing right in front of me. then he just drops most of his gear.. i did not expect that.. he had a drybag full of ammo and a protector case. no food, no weapon.. just ammo. every single slot.  i look up just in time to see the guy running off into the bushes. then all of the sudden my character started equipping a pink raincoat, backpack, mosin with LRS,..  and i wasn't the one doing it! f*ing hacker.. well, i know what's going to happen next and i don't want to give him the pleasure so i put the mosin to my head and pulled the trigger

this time i respawn near elektro or cherno and i run straight for the buildings hoping to gear up fast. i found a rifle almost immediatly and i hadn't heard any signs of activity yet.. then someone fired a mosin very close to my position. i crouched inside a building and waited for a minute or 2 aaaaand..  then i get hit by an axe. no-one around, i'm alone in the room. i get hit a second time and die. 

i switched to a public server.. the character i have on public is pretty fresh, just an empty drybag and an sks with 7 rounds that i recuperated off my body after a run in with a KOS guy last time i played.. i just went looting for some food, got energized and hydrated and called it a day. after today i'm seriously considering just shooting anything that moves before it can hack or kill lol

Edited by Belphegor

My first eight hours in the game was great fun but also quite hard. Especially considering that the very first thing I did in the game was to run to a barn and jump off the highest floor down to the second and broke my leg. I had to crawl for half an hour to a nearby town and let a zombie finish me up. That taught me a lesson for sure, lol!

I respawned right outside some small town with lots of food and water, so that made for a good start. I managed to stay alive for a few hours until I got ill and died from that and hypothermia.

Enjoying the game so far!

• Like 1

I once  crawled all the way from Elektro to Cherno with broken legs only to be killed by a player I met there. I took 40 minutes or so to crawl along the road and it wasn't super-fun. This was before you could make stone knives and make kindling from trees so you had to actually find a stick in a house or the woods.

Lunchtime played at work with my buddy on our private server guys. Made it to balota airbase where we were constantly ambushed by new spawn zombies. they seem to spawn right behind you no matter where you go. i had my longhorn out and was aiming at an infected on the tarmac when tango sees one pop out of nowhere behind me. the silent z got a hit in on my back before tango brought him down with his axe. my vest is down to worn, bastard. we score a couple ballistic helmets and ammo, also fashioned my first improvised silencer.

after work i got on my public server guy. made my 2nd trade and all went smoothly (red_ensign). Got some addons for my ak101 sniper set up. As a bonus got an akm with 75rnd drum. Gave a gorka jacket that i didn't need in return for the extra. Log off with the akm in my hands and when i returned later tonight, gone! Thankfully i was smart enough to take the rail and scope off it and put it on my 101 before i logged. those didn't vanish.

run around looking for some 5.45 ammo for my 74u but no luck. fill up my canteen in the constant rain that chernarus provides, eat some peaches under a tin roof and call it a night.

ARRGH! I spawned with a decently geared character that had eaten some bad chicken and got sick. I looked all over dubky and the apartment complex for some charcoal tabs but none were to be found. I drank water and vomited to gain some time and then had to go to cherno. I looked everywhere but couldnt find those damn tabs. Finally I got to the point where I was on the verge of passign out, so i found a house where nobody goes and stashed my akm, cr75, ammo box, grenade, combat knife and all the other stuff I had. I then ran for teh hospitals but couldnt fins any chracoal. then I fell unconcious so i repspawned. Got two bad spawns then i spawned in cherno. I ran for my stuff and to my suprise almsot everything is gone. instead i get a sporter, a blaze and some junk. They had left my vest with some stuff in it but everything else was gone. I was only gone for like four minutes :(

Playing on experimental, I found two bear traps after spawning near Svetlo. I had set them up on both doors at the southernmost tavern, when I was distracted by two zombies wandering near. As I was watching them, someone hit me from behind with a shovel. So rather than fighting him, I began running around the tavern in hopes of making him run into the trap. He narrowly missed the first one, but the second one got him. I turned around and watched him trying to crawl away with broken legs. I tied him up with some wire, took all his food and drink, fired a flare to attract zeds and other players, and took off. I climbed up the industrial building to watch him. Two minutes later a bambi came running into town. He punched the other guy to death and took everything from him before running off into town. 

Karma, boys and girls. 

ARRGH! I spawned with a decently geared character that had eaten some bad chicken and got sick. I looked all over dubky and the apartment complex for some charcoal tabs but none were to be found. I drank water and vomited to gain some time and then had to go to cherno. I looked everywhere but couldnt find those damn tabs. Finally I got to the point where I was on the verge of passign out, so i found a house where nobody goes and stashed my akm, cr75, ammo box, grenade, combat knife and all the other stuff I had. I then ran for teh hospitals but couldnt fins any chracoal. then I fell unconcious so i repspawned. Got two bad spawns then i spawned in cherno. I ran for my stuff and to my suprise almsot everything is gone. instead i get a sporter, a blaze and some junk. They had left my vest with some stuff in it but everything else was gone. I was only gone for like four minutes :(

never assumed nobody goes in the house...noob like me go into every house! LOL

I once  crawled all the way from Elektro to Cherno with broken legs only to be killed by a player I met there. I took 40 minutes or so to crawl along the road and it wasn't super-fun. This was before you could make stone knives and make kindling from trees so you had to actually find a stick in a house or the woods.

Wow. That sucks! I didn't know you could find a stick without having to chop a tree down. I always carry sticks and an axe , just in case ;). A

I've logged far too many hours in this game already, it's so addictive! I had my first run-in with another player today. Bastard shot me in the back before I even managed to press F2 haha, so I'm being a lot more careful while running in the larger cities after that. Since I don't know the map at all (to be honest, I haven't even managed to open the map yet lol) I've been traveling along the railroad tracks for a while. It was fun until I got to one end of it where it was a very small military base or something like that. I was just about to poke around to see if I could find a firefighter axe (favourite weapon so far!)  when someone turned up in a very serious vechicle... I sprinted to the forest and stayed under a tree for ten minutes, but they never came after me I think.

I need to find a tent! That'll be my goal for tomorrow.

Some good PVP in electro. People were speaking of a man with an m4 in electro. That drew some attention because there were 5 or so others with sks' and Mosins. I killed every.single.one of them though! and we ate them! (my friends and I).

so, i am playing musty server and my character is not bad, shotgun with bullets (4). So, I was looting around the east air strip and I found a truck!!! Yippy right. I was driving around and hit a guard rail and I got the truck stuck. So I turn the engine and got back. Next thing I know, I got the message you are dead!!!! wtf. I thought I turn off the truck. So, I re spawn and got killed 4 5 times lol

Musty server is full of killers!

Edited by thewire

so, i am playing musty server and my character is not bad, shotgun with bullets (4). So, I was looting around the east air strip and I found a truck!!! Yippy right. I was driving around and hit a guard rail and I got the truck stuck. So I turn the engine and got back. Next thing I know, I got the message you are dead!!!! wtf. I thought I turn off the truck. So, I re spawn and got killed 4 5 times lol

Musty server is full of killers!

Really? I just started playing there today and everyone was friendly. I ran into someone with a truck at the Zeleno base but he took off before I could say hello. Then I met another guy while I was looting, and he gave me a bunch of spare ammo and some aviators!

Was hanging out on musty earlier. Went over that Kozlova mt area between Cherno and Electro cause I like hanging out in the woods. Realized I needed water and decided to hit up the well just east of Cap Golova. As I come down I scope out the area, see a guy with an orange backpack down near the houses. Before I can decide to risk it or leave. The sever resets. When I log back in about 5 min after the reset, I'm a bit further back up the mt. I hike down, get to my scoping out spot and now I see two players running around the area by the pump. Okay... I guess I'll head out, I unscope my PU and when I did I thought I saw a hint of movement to my left. So I freeze and look around. Hmm nothing. I start crouch walking when I hear a mosin shot followed by another one. I scurry next to a tree. They sounded like they came from right beside me! I swear I thought someone was trying to kill me.

A min later, I see the mosin guy move forward, he's aiming down the mt at the water area. He doesn't even see me! Cool I'm out of here. Then I'm like but what about those poor guys down at the pump? I line up my sks on the dude and drop him with two shots. I lost sight of his body and wasn't sure if he was dead. So I start looking for it. Can't find it. Guess it got lost down the hill. So I move back to my scoping spot to see if I see anyone cause I really could use a drink and fill up my canteen. As I'm scoping I hear the sound of feet. I look behind me and a freshspawn looking guy tries to pummel me. I fire off some shots, breaking his leg. So I try talking to the guy, see what his deal was. He doesn't respond, doesn't type. Just pulls out a knife and rolls around. I pull out my sawed off. Blam. Blam. I miss. Oh well, fire axe time. One hit and he's dead.

Head down the mt to get water. Encounter another freshy, who said he was friendly but seemed sketch so I left. Ended up drinking out of a pond somewhere in the hills.

Yeah it was a good Dayz. :)

I have had a reasonable experience in Musty so far- a few guys were surprised I was nice and I was equally surprised that some of them were nice. Ran into a couple of jagoffs but overall it's been a decent run with them. 95% of the jags were near Cherno / Elektro and one batch was in Ber.

today on my pub, i managed to hunt a wild boar, one shot with a sks. How do I cook it? 

Edited by thewire

From experimental 0.55

Well, I saw a bear trap set below a ladder in the apartments at Berezino. You could see it rather plainly but the bottom portion was partially clipped under the cement floor.

I did something risky.

I decided I felt safe enough in Berezino at the apartments (no less) with only a few others on the server, to do some infected sniping with the Repeater I was hand carrying.

I had caught sight of a few that were a good distance away and settled in to a balcony to pick them off.

After I killed 1, I had just started zeroing in on the next and actually had aggro'd it at great distance when a player called out to me from behind!

I knew that we probably had less than 30 seconds before the infected came scampering up behind him so if the player decided to attack, I might have some infected back-up.

I did a few sidesteps to glimpse a character who had mostly what looked like starter gear, brandishing what I believe was a lead pipe.

He told me he was looking for someone to test a land mine out with and I told him I wasn't interested.

I offered supplies which he refused and then that's when the infected fell upon him.

I hear him taking a beating and drop the Repeater in favor of the silenced 1911.

As he is spinning around the infected, flailing with his pipe, it's like something out of an movie where the hero has to shoot the zombie tangling around and around with his friend.

Trying very hard not to hit the player, I managed to get off only one clean shot center mass which unfortunately did not kill the infected but staggered it and the poor bleeding bastard ran out the door and sought refuge in an interior room.

(If there were a knock down mechanic in game, and the survivor had been knocked to the floor, this would have offered a good moment to cleanly smoke that infected....)

As he ran out another infected must have been coming up the stairs and aggro on him too!

I ran the other way in plain sight of them but the infected were dead set on tearing this now bleeding dude apart and followed him.

I switched to sawn-off and things grew quiet. I reloaded my other empty weapons and waited a little more.

I wasn't sure if dude was dead or even if all of this some kind of set-up or not but if he really was at least neutral, the least I could do would be to kill the infected I drew down upon us.

Soon I heard him again, calling out.

I think the infected lost aggro from him as I saw one walk right past me as if it was headed back outside, or retracing it's steps.

Boom, shotgun drops it.

Switch to Magnum.

Blau, blau, 2 infected bodies block the doorway.

A short pause.... "Are they dead?!"

"Yes, they're all dead."

He then thanks me and asks if I want a ride anywhere in his friends V3S.

I said I just wanted to leave the building without being shot in the face.

He said ok, and that he would leave me alone now (which he thankfully did).

I waited a minute and cursed myself for not taking screens.

I then ran NW and within a couple minutes came upon a V3S sitting running in the road. I stood at the treeline, looking for movement and saw no one but I decided that this might also be a trap and was likely the friend of the guy I met in the apartments.

Now heading more West I came upon a barn and beside that barn... my very own truck!

I had not been looking for a V3S and was apprehensive about hurting my character driving but thought I didn't have a choice but to take this gift the gods bestowed upon me.

Cutting further west, collecting Magnum ammo as I went, I thought I might cut across a field and when I tried to go from asphalt to grass I gently rolled the truck onto it's side.

I was able to exit the passenger side safely and continue west on foot.

I7e0zfj.jpg

oleJ5fZ.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Step 1, found a truck in the middle of nowhere :D

2 , learn to drive it

3 have some fun and decide where im going

4 my connection crashes and when i come back on i have died

5 respawn , in the rain and being slapped by 2 zombies :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

6 reset my brain and off i go again......

• Like 1

I went into a shed building outside elektro with the catwalk and a small room. When i get to the room theres a guy laying inside. Oh, i didnt see you I says. He gets up and takes up his gun, Dont shoot, says I. he shoots and misses. I said DONT shoot says I and start pulling out a gun. he shoots and I go unconscious and he shoots my head so i die then says something stupid in German. I respawn close and run to my corpse. it is unlooted but lots of ruined stuff. I hunt for the guy but cant find him.

I play with another char and run about for quite a bit. i manage to find a truck and as I'm running into a police station i see a guy on the floor in the room with a cell. I try to run past but cant even say hello before he shoots me dead.

I try my Wobo character whos in Severograd. Almost right away I hear a guy running around in a house. He aggros zombies so i just hide and wait to see what he looks like but he doesnt come out. I go to a nearby office building and go upstairs. As I'm scoping the area out a guy comes up the ladder, takes out a pistol and shoots me.

I respawn outside Kamyshowo. I loot around and hear shooting in the distance. Some bambis come running and chases me with brooms so I run towards elektro. As i get close theres a v3s wreck in the road with a dead guy attached to it. Further ahead I find three corpses on the beach, recently dead. I loot them and find a mosin with lrs, m65 jacket, black bandana, ammo, food, grenades and more. Strangely, none of the guys have a real backpack, only improvised ones. I take position over elektro, ready to inflict some justice on bambikillers, kos:er and other lowlife scum.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 2

What an exciting and sad day. 

Musty server:

I have this character alive for a few days already. He has enough kit to survive alone long term and been from the east coast to all the to north west coast, visited the big fake lake on the west. Drove and survive twice truck incident: once the game crashed and another the truck just crashed of the hill. Survived been shot at twice, been into a gun battle, I think I even killed that dude but I ran away scared instead of searching the body in Novo. He shot at me first.

He died from not sure what. He was inside the barn on the 2nd floor. I came back using the stairs but maybe it's dysnc??? When I got out, i got the you are dead. Could it possible someone shot at me? But I didn't hear any gun shot.

2nd character, spawned near Electro of all place. Ran into a maniac that just killed 2 people, I think found two bodies. He started chasing with a melee weapon, I ran but I turn around and fought him. Knocked him down. Striped his backpack then waited for him to get conscious back, killed him with a pickaxes! Now he is surviving so far 

Edited by thewire
  • Like 1

So after my reset i re spawned ( new)  near Solnichny. Rather than look for a back pack and weapons etc i just went for food and drink and had them as soon as i saw them , as mentioned here somewhere.

I headed to Dolina because its an easy trip there and stocked up a bit on some food and drink.

I decided to bypass a detour  to a place where i know weapons routinely spawn but isn't on any of the ( spawn point ) maps for weapons. Last few times there ive found 357 hand guns, repeater ( 357) with 357 ammo as well. That handgun packs a real punch, i had around 60 plus rounds and it would drop a zombie with one shot in my previous life.

I was a bit nervous as not going there but i had a plan to finally get to where i wanted to go.

So i was rather happy with the gear i had, no guns yet though, although i found a splitting axe. I stopped in at Polana and found me a repeater plus some 357 ammo :D at least i knew it was a one shot drop if i got in trouble.

From there a trip to Gorka, then up to Dubrovka. Id found a 25 place back pack and pet water bottle so i made the run to Krasno. I wasnt interested in going to the airfield, this was more about exploration. Skirting around the nth west of the airfield i headed to Polana the skirted around Novo and headed to Svergino. :o Phew time for a breather.

The headed to Severo, Ratnoe then turned tail and went up nth east to Nagornoe , found myself a tactical vest and then headed to Kamensk stopping along the way to admire the sights :thumbsup: . Stary Yar, Polesovo, Zaprudnoe and then Novaya , i now had an sks as well which i am carrying in my hands, still dont have a fire axe yet though >:( and i still have the 357 repeater rifle and a huge amount of everything.

All the time im looking at places to make a base when that finally gets put in the game. There some great spots that have tree cover ( to stop choppers coming in) and good side access cover.

Zombies? you ask, well i think i have dispatched about 50 so far, lead them around a corner and wait then chop, lol. Or if they haven't seen me i come up behind them and take them out first.

Other survivors? a few Ive seen, they haven't seen me and there was one group of about 8 that ran right past me, that was heart pumping nerves right there, they were not there on a holiday. Gave some cans of drink and some fresh food to a new guy i saw running around that was almost dead near Novo, poor bugger  though i was going to shoot him :o . He said don't shoot don't shoot, in a bit of a panic ( i think he had been culled quite a few times) I said , "dont worry mate, im not a mongrel like some others". Dropped it on the ground and run off.

So now im sitting waiting my time to make the push down sth, only thing i need is a mosin,  scope and binos and id love a 357 magnum too, if i want to act on what my plans are further down the track, if i stay alive that is.

If you see PA8 on a server its me, i will be alone ( for now ) , i am friendly unless you aren't,  say hi.

No i will not put my weapon down on the ground if you have one as well.

Cheers all.

• Like 1