JackyCTV

Kiddy Bandits

still remember hiding up in the high rocks in Novo, almost at the top but just enough elevation for someone to get up behind me.  I was prone in a rock-ditch and didn't think i could be easily seen from below.  I shimmied out and shot a zombie dead with the LRS and Mosin then went back into my ditch and ate my dinner whilst listening to the soothing wind of DayZ.  Before I was finished my tall-ie beer, some kid had popped up on hte rocks above me

"are you fucking stupid or something?" he said in a juvenile voice

CRACK

*you are dead*

"Yeah you're fucking stupid aren't you, hey?  Fucking stupid aren't you"  he parroted.

Good kid.  He must have been looking for me for 30minutes after my innocuous shot, but mad props for sniper hunting.

omnomnom.  Curse you tortillas!

• Like 3

Why are kids in this game so damn annoying?

I was teaming up with this kid, he was like 13 or something but he seemed cool at first. Our group got larger and we were chilling by a fireplace, we were 4 at the time..

Then all of sudden he stands up, shoots everybody then says "Sorryyyy my best friend told me to do eeeeet i think ur awesome teeheee"

No **** off!!

• Like 2

Why are kids in this game so damn annoying?

I was teaming up with this kid, he was like 13 or something but he seemed cool at first. Our group got larger and we were chilling by a fireplace, we were 4 at the time..

Then all of sudden he stands up, shoots everybody then says "Sorryyyy my best friend told me to do eeeeet i think ur awesome teeheee"

No **** off!!

and you made the mistake of trusting an immature child in the world of dayz...

still remember hiding up in the high rocks in Novo, almost at the top but just enough elevation for someone to get up behind me.  I was prone in a rock-ditch and didn't think i could be easily seen from below.  I shimmied out and shot a zombie dead with the LRS and Mosin then went back into my ditch and ate my dinner whilst listening to the soothing wind of DayZ.  Before I was finished my tall-ie beer, some kid had popped up on hte rocks above me

"are you fucking stupid or something?" he said in a juvenile voice

CRACK

*you are dead*

"Yeah you're fucking stupid aren't you, hey?  Fucking stupid aren't you"  he parroted.

Good kid.  He must have been looking for me for 30minutes after my innocuous shot, but mad props for sniper hunting.

omnomnom.  Curse you tortillas!

You know happens when you assume.

Great story. What an intelligent kid. Pretty rare.

i don't know about you, but it made an ass out of me. 

He feasted on my 5 rounds and half eaten tins of beans.  In the mean time i hoovered the meat crumbs off my plate, cringing at his abuse of my cessile state, too lazy to respawn.  Each sip of my pale ale grew more and more bitter as I felt the sting which I so frequently dealt to others.

Little shit :(

TBH i don't have as much interaction with confirmed kids as in the mod.  Most people i confront refuse to communicate.  All tall dark and mysterious types, whichever end of the barrel they sit on.  In the mod they'd roam in screaming shrieking packs and would flock off at the first sign of danger to stalk you all the while until you lay down to do something or take a smoke. 

GERDERNMD KIDS!  One day you'll stop to pee and all your shit will be mine!

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Killing for fun, killing for beans, killing to feel safe are all the same. You all scare the F out of me. Congrats, you are taking years off my real life.

I must disagree, there is a difference between killing to feel safe or because I want your loot and killing for shits and giggles. 

Killing for loot is risky because I can ruin it.

Killing to feel safe, is more of a mexican stand off that went wrong.

Killing for fun is just killing because I want to, because I'm bored have 600 M4 bullets and I won't even bother looting you. 

First two come from necessity, and large numbers of zeds will affect them, because will those few beans worth not being able to loot the town because there is 30 zeds chasing me ? Is that guy more of a threat to me that a horde of zeds ?

I must disagree, there is a difference between killing to feel safe or because I want your loot and killing for shits and giggles. 

Killing for loot is risky because I can ruin it.

Killing to feel safe, is more of a mexican stand off that went wrong.

Killing for fun is just killing because I want to, because I'm bored have 600 M4 bullets and I won't even bother looting you. 

First two come from necessity, and large numbers of zeds will affect them, because will those few beans worth not being able to loot the town because there is 30 zeds chasing me ? Is that guy more of a threat to me that a horde of zeds ?

Oh I 100 % agree with you General. I kinda was referring to the point of view of me, the victim. I'm dead, no matter the reason. I was using a little levity.

They (the KOSer for whatever reason) scares the hell out of me. That's a good thing imho. It teaches me not to get caught out in that position to begin with.

i don't know about you, but it made an ass out of me. 

He feasted on my 5 rounds and half eaten tins of beans.  In the mean time i hoovered the meat crumbs off my plate, cringing at his abuse of my cessile state, too lazy to respawn.  Each sip of my pale ale grew more and more bitter as I felt the sting which I so frequently dealt to others.

Little shit :(

TBH i don't have as much interaction with confirmed kids as in the mod.  Most people i confront refuse to communicate.  All tall dark and mysterious types, whichever end of the barrel they sit on.  In the mod they'd roam in screaming shrieking packs and would flock off at the first sign of danger to stalk you all the while until you lay down to do something or take a smoke. 

GERDERNMD KIDS!  One day you'll stop to pee and all your shit will be mine!

Victim report card: F.

We are smarter and more experienced then they are. Now we have to prove it. Good luck.

Remember (concerning kids) everyone:

First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight.

• Like 1

situation 1 - Player is looting every house down a long street, running everywhere they go, making lots of noise. they are using the front doors of every building, creating a nice predictable pattern. when he gets to the end of the street, i step out from an alley and shoot him in the chest, i grab all the stuff that he saved me the trouble of looting.

situation 2 - i'm tracking a player that has a nice big backpack, but didn't have any weapon that i could see. i'm getting pretty close, and am getting cocky in my head as i plan out where i'm going to get him (the firehouse). i follow him in, forget to check my corners and i get gutted with a kitchen knife. SKS + scope, 7.62x39 / 7.62x51 / .357 ammunition, .357 magnum, and every handy tool you can think of, are all his now.

both times, the victim got outplayed, slipped up, etc. and i would argue every murder in DayZ short of getting shot while you're still on the beach, or a lag kill something else generally out of your control, is the victim's fault such that they made mistakes and got outplayed. this ageist garbage is nothing more than refusing to admit you screwed up.

• Like 1

both times, the victim got outplayed, slipped up, etc. and i would argue every murder in DayZ short of getting shot while you're still on the beach, or a lag kill something else generally out of your control, is the victim's fault such that they made mistakes and got outplayed. this ageist garbage is nothing more than refusing to admit you screwed up.

Agree 100 %. It depends on the individual young or old. Buttttttttt, you have to admit, there are some tendencies of young people that us oldies can exploit.

Impatience, inexperience, invincibility. We as oldies, don't have our shortcomings in game. Thank God. Generally weaker, slower, stamina.

Can you imagine if the game made us play our age? :o

Edited by RAM-bo4250

haha, definitely rambo. i'm not denying huge differences in maturity or gaming tendencies at all. i'm not even that old, but what i've lost in my ability to land crazy twitch headshots in CS, i've gained in cunning and strategy.

Can you imagine if the game made us play our age? :o

press X to pay your mortgage  :(

Edited by sab0t

You were once 12 too,there is enough ageism post about " damn kids KOS all the time" etc. i don't think this post among others like this is needed.

I agree, I was kid once too. We used to shoot cats. One objection I have to have tough - today's kids sit too much in front of the screen, they should go outside like we did, have some real life, some real fun. So many cute little cats everywhere! They are evil. The cats, not kids. It's bad to shoot kids.

• Like 1

I agree, I was kid once too. We used to shoot cats. One objection I have to have tough - today's kids sit too much in front of the screen, they should go outside like we did, have some real life, some real fun. So many cute little cats everywhere! They are evil. The cats, not kids. It's bad to shoot kids.

No, no, no, you mustn't encourage them to go outside.

Remember (concerning kids) everyone:

First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight.

the only kid i would trust is Clementine ;)

good point ;)

• Like 1

With all the violence, drugs/alcohol talk, sexual and racist crap that happens in an online game, kids under 17 should not be playing..period.

When i determine a survivor is a kid, I tell them that i'm from the UN and shoot them down.

Nothing personal, it's the law and is for their own good. 

Good to see we have the moral police even after an apocalypse.  I knew your kind would survive.

• Like 3

I am a Hermit with the way the game currently is.  So I have not had any real experience with other players.  I keep to myself and if I feel threatened I kill.

no wonder your a hermit, you probably kill anyone who's within 50m of you.

if not, good on you, usually people say "when i feel threatened" it means exactly what i said, a person 50,100, 500 meters away from you.

no wonder your a hermit, you probably kill anyone who's within 50m of you.

if not, good on you, usually people say "when i feel threatened" it means exactly what i said, a person 50,100, 500 meters away from you.

this isn't always the case, If I engange by saying "Hello Friendly" and they start making rash movements and pulling weapons out thats when I feel threatened and start shooting

Crap I've just given birth to a bandit that's now on the lose with an SKS, mountain backpack, UK assault vest, Bandanda, and he's in the city of the freshspawns, what have I done!  Should've never trusted him.

• Like 2

rule of thumb: if it squeaks, kill it.

• Like 5

i have not been killed by a squeaker yet. when i hear someone squeaking, "mom, i dont want to go to bed yet" i start shooting.

• Like 1