Sign in to follow this  
OptimumVision

I don't see why people are saying dayZ isn't that fun.

I can play for seven hours straight and not get bored.

yea, same here. the ones complaining are either the trolls, little'uns, or the assholes in general. the ones that insult the people like us saying we are wrong and *insert random cuss word here* are the really annoying ones.

• Like 1

yea, same here. the ones complaining are either the trolls, little'uns, or the assholes in general. the ones that insult the people like us saying we are wrong and *insert random cuss word here* are the really annoying ones.

'unno that seems to be a bit close-minded. Those that don't enjoy it, well, it's just not their type of game and they ought to go back to CS,BF,CoD etc. There's little point of them going ARF ARF ARF DIS GAEM SUX Y CANT I NOSCOPE4201SHOT PPL?

Well... is only so much you can do with your "imagination" alone... is ok for kids that have plenty of imagination, but for grown ups we need "motivation".

I'm to old to pretend that a carbon box is a spaceship... i want the "spaceship".

• Like 4

I'm to old to pretend that a carbon box is a spaceship... i want the "spaceship".

One of the saddest things in adult live, when did we lose our fantasy and imagination that was once so powerful? :(

• Like 2

Well... is only so much you can do with your "imagination" alone... is ok for kids that have plenty of imagination, but for grown ups we need "motivation".

I bought a saturn-V off of Ebay.

One of the saddest things in adult live, when did we lose our fantasy and imagination that was once so powerful? :(

I guess is because the older you get..the more you realize that a box is just a "box". To be a kid again, huh ? :(

Don't need boxes when you got gameZ, I did a 10hr session last week, still knackered...

Don't need boxes when you got gameZ, I did a 10hr session last week, still knackered...

Hey Bone what's knackered. Sorry, I'm just a dumb ole Murican.

I used to enjoy it a lot until the recent zombie patch.

Now I constantly have to carry more bandages than the military and hope upon hope that another 3 or 4 dont spawn on the one i just managed to kill with an axe, when i finally made contact with a random hitbox, after the zombie lunged at me from 20ft, missed, but still broke my arm and made me bleed.

Tbh, I cant cope with everything else in Alpha state, but not this.

Well for me, I only played Dayz mod a private server because of the fact that you stick to it and you find the community attractive. 

For now, its more or less death match mode, whithout fun.. I play after each major update to test it out, but no more than that. I'm waiting for the private shard to arrive and the game going to beta too I guess.

I have to admit i really love this game, but i played so much of the mod, in the early dayz, that i need it to develop into something more, then what it is now.

At least to draw my attention again :)

Ive played the mod for sooooo many hours, and it was really fun. But i still need to get abit more "meat on the bone" in the standalone, before i want to start playing it alot.

Just so i dont make the same mistake i did with the mod, play to much before it actually became a very good game.

I can see how it can be boring sometimes, in the current alpha version, but i think that will change dramatically in the future :)

We have a saying here: "In every man resides a child."

When we loose our imagination, what else do we have?

I can see that if you server hop until geared, join a high population server for action, get killed by a wall peeking camper and restart server hopping the game gets boring pretty soon. But thats because players just miss most of the gameplay by doing so.

Currently the game is guilty of not making clear that thats not "the way how it is played". Specifically in terms of "level speed" and "power level" this way of gameplay is overpowered so people might get the impression of gimping themselves when actually playing the game as it is meant to be.

We have a saying here: "In every man resides a child."

When we loose our imagination, what else do we have?

Books, movies, TV... and wait for it.... Games. In the end of the day why most of us plays PC games ? To  stimulate our imagination ?.. is jut that grown ups needs "more" stimulation than kids.

Books, movies, TV... and wait for it.... Games. In the end of the day why most of us plays PC games ? To  stimulate our imagination ?.. is jut that grown ups needs "more" stimulation than kids.

I don't play all the time, but movies and TV aside, books also need some imagination. Just reading off the text is boring.

I don't play all the time, but movies and TV aside, books also need some imagination. Just reading off the text is boring.

Exactly.. but, will you read a book where you have to write the story yourself ?..just lots of blank pages that you have to fill with your imagination ? Or...you enjoy reading what a writer have imagined ?

An empty book with a " Make you own story" title won't sell in a book store...isn't any different with games. 

I can't get the motivation to go back to the mod. I just enjoy the standalone so much better. It's the little things that make it special.

450 hours for $30 spent, I can't understand where the complainers are coming from. 

Every patch I put in some good solid game time.  Check for bugs, see what's new and changed, then I'll taper off and usually wait for the experimental to patch again, test on that until it goes live and then rinse and repeat.  It causes less burnout as I patiently wait for them to finish the game.

I don't get how you play for such a long session without any zombie dodging or eradicating. I find real life camping a blast, in a video game however, not quite the same. The roadblock from long play sessions for me, is that it's too easy to loot and find what you need because there are rarely any obstacles. At least in the mod, you could spend an hour crawling through a small town like Msta, desperately trying not to disturb the herd. It was fun and each house you managed to get your ass into, was a relief. A time to stand up, stretch out those legs, have a breather and survey the land for your next destination. Sorry, I just can't go around pretending these zombies are dangerous. 

PS. I do play the game a lot, but it's purely out of addiction at this point.

Edited by JubeiDOK

I never lost my imagination and im almost 30 years old lmao. Some ppl just need the right boost of creative inspiration.

My friends don't necessarily think it's not fun, they just disn't see the point in surviving when were being told that all our stuff is getting reset. Now a month later they are juat growing impatient and playing other games now.

Leaving me solo

/cry

I think our imagination just changes as we get older.

I can't imagine a box is a rocketship anymore. That shit is boring. But if I have to figure out the solution to a problem while I am on the job, or I have to find somewhere to hide my stash, I tend to get quite creative. I guess it seems like I am able to focus my creativity better and not waste time imagining I am a survivor in an post-apocalyptic situa-- oh, wait.