haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

While i was running around berinzino i found a police car stuck in the ground so i guess they fixed the random police car spawns... sort of  <_<

That's a negative, Powerhouse.   Loot spawns are currently not fixed.   Well, unless this new system is really what they're calling Centralized Loot.   This image was taken at Green Mountain Exp. .49 server.   When I see this happen, it usually happens to an area of buildings for some odd reason.

09012014.jpg

I don't suppose the ridiculous loot spawn system has been fixed yet, with all the PAX and whatnot going on?

Edited by Shinjuru
  • Like 1

Another odd thing about this is that it is random from server to server.  Meaning one server may exhibit this and another, same location will not.  I found this last week during a day long marathon with a deer bait shack.  One server had the issue while the other was just fine.  Population on both were about the same.

Finally updated today! I always thought hyperthermia was only when you get too cold, and it would be a different term for when you get too hot, but since "thermia" is basically temperature roughly translated, it goes for either extreme, right?

LOL you can wring your clothes out! Wring out your Leather Jacket, sure! Hehe...

Ahhh, it's good to be back! :D

Happy trails!

Weirdest thing just happened - Demonica, it was on the server you were on - or, actually, still are in.  Was up the hill from Novodmitrovsk, saw a player stuck in some sort of animation sliding down the hill.  Evidently he wasn't stuck in anything from his point of view, but I was startled long enough to just sit there - he shot me from the middle of whatever his character was doing.

So, is this a bug, or an exploit?  If it is something a player can do on purpose, it is definitely a cheat.

Watch out for this one - if somebody seems to be doing the Macarena, they can still kill you :D

Z

Finally updated today! I always thought hyperthermia was only when you get too cold, and it would be a different term for when you get too hot, but since "thermia" is basically temperature roughly translated, it goes for either extreme, right?

LOL you can wring your clothes out! Wring out your Leather Jacket, sure! Hehe...

Ahhh, it's good to be back! :D

Happy trails!

Hypo = too cold

Hyper = too hot

:)

• Like 1

Weirdest thing just happened - Demonica, it was on the server you were on - or, actually, still are in.  Was up the hill from Novodmitrovsk, saw a player stuck in some sort of animation sliding down the hill.  Evidently he wasn't stuck in anything from his point of view, but I was startled long enough to just sit there - he shot me from the middle of whatever his character was doing.

So, is this a bug, or an exploit?  If it is something a player can do on purpose, it is definitely a cheat.

Watch out for this one - if somebody seems to be doing the Macarena, they can still kill you :D

Z

It's a bug that's been in for a long time.  At certain points it was less prevalent, but the last patch or two brought it back.  It's related to desync I'd say.  Definitely annoying, because as you say, you can't tell what a person is doing.

You're right, generally not in the same place.  I believe that I have seen this occur on every .49 server that I've played on somewhere in Chernarus, both on Hardcore and Regular Experimental servers,

Another odd thing about this is that it is random from server to server.  Meaning one server may exhibit this and another, same location will not.  I found this last week during a day long marathon with a deer bait shack.  One server had the issue while the other was just fine.  Population on both were about the same.

Edited by Shinjuru

Probably the most messed up EXP patch I've seen so far. I don't know how they broke the melee mechanics or why they are changing them but they were fine a long time ago. The supposed new melee mechanics just make it almost impossible to kill a zombie with any sort of ease. Even if you see the tip of your weapon clip through the zombies head it won't hit at all. This has gotten so much of my gear ruined it's not even funny. A lot of stuff that's pristine like food, rags, etc... Will sometimes say they can't be used because they are ruined even though I can clearly see pristine on the description. I've even seen some stacks of ammo that are just damaged say they can't be used because they're ruined.

Also, I don't know if I'm crazy or what but I swear the hunger system is broken in this patch. I can NOT hit energized stage 2 no matter what I do. I can eat literally stacks of food. My thirst can be at its worst stage and I can eat a handful of baked beans, fruit, canned tuna, etc and go from red thirsty to stage 2 hydrated and still be at stage 1 energized. Because of this I can't heal from any sort of damage because you have to be stage 2 energized and hydrated to start the healing process. I finally quit and played something else after zombies who somehow saw me from a mile away facing the other direction chased me through 20 something different houses. Kept trying to lock them inside somewhere or find a hiding place in the upper floors of some of the 2 story buildings so I could bandage myself. I didn't die but I kept getting hit from them even though they were constantly being locked outside and I was way out of their melee range.

I usually don't have a problem with retarded bugs but my gear getting constantly ruined, not being able to heal, not being able to kill zombies and having them hit me from a mile away got a tad too frustrating.

You mean the one where the character looks like he's constantly changing his weapon?

How would that work as an exploit? "O wait, I'm going to enable this cheat that makes me highly visible, that'll give me the edge."

Twat. That is all.

lol... no offense but you wouldn't have to answer if you read my post carefully.. no BS.. and your comment.. yes.. is BS good day

1. As of 0.49 i noticed something. We all know bug with the running inside of building, suddenly breaking your legs or dying. I noticed that it happens very often in the upper levels of fire station for example, so i tested the thing out. When i was sprinting up and down in the FS tower, with 2 of 3 playthroughs i died.' WELCOME to exp, and some people on here tend to tell that's 'normal'

Last one i was just jogging around for about 10 minutes and nothing happened. I didnt had enough time to do more repetitions, so if you guys noticed something on this matter im curious about it.

Second thing i noticed is zombies chasing wildlife, then stoping in their tracks and punching air not doing any harm to fleeing animals. WELCOME to exp. this is normal when they screw it up again, taking NO time to fix anything

Also havent found any of the new items in game during 6 hours of playing :/. Welcome to dayZ my friend.. if it was up to dean hall he'd make it impossible to find anything within 72 hours.. just to watch you 'run around and get screwed over' this is dayZ.. this is YOUR story

lol... no offense but you wouldn't have to answer if you read my post carefully.. no BS.. and your comment.. yes.. is BS good day

Members need to use the Report tab more often.

WizzardsCuff has made insulting posts across the board more often than is acceptable.

We do not ban for using a bad word but repeatedly insulting others will result in warnings and eventual banishment.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Members need to use the Report tab more often.

WizzardsCuff has made insulting posts across the board more often than is acceptable.

We do not ban for using a bad word but repeatedly insulting others will result in warnings and eventual banishment.

Thank you.

alright, I'll do that next time then, thank you for clarifying this.

greetz,

Tigermonk

I've finally ran into the loot stacking issue myself, though not as stacked as others. Earlier today I was in Novo and went to the city hall up all the stairs and checked the three floors for loot. A few sporters and an SKS, books a crossbow, lots of stuff but not massive stacks.

I was coming from one of the towns near Novo past a large industrial area which I found one of those wood buildings two story some tables/chairs (not sure what building its supposed to be) inside was just some normal stuff but around the side in the room you can only get to from outside it had a few guns and tonnes of generic stuff like books, bottle, food and drinks etc. I made my way to Novo and decided to head straight to the top 3 floors of the city hall to look for loot, when I got there it was choca-block. Each room area on each floor had a minimum of 3 guns if not 8+, CR75 Carbines, CR75 pistols, over 10 sporters, few SKSs, some shotguns and assorted other pistols (1911 engraved, P1, magnum etc). Also tonnes of ammo and other loot. Only problem was 0 magazines. But it seems like something triggered lots of stuff to respawn there.

I went through Novo on that server earlier and cleared most of it, when I got there, there were a few people around and some doors open some closed so only partially looted. Maybe it was me earlier clearing it and a restart filled it?

Also been trying to figure out hyperthermia. I get it pretty fast normally and I've found while it doesn't kill you, it makes you super thirsty quickly, I could drink an entire canteen, be stuffed and hydrated, and 15mins later be thirsty again. The only way I've found to lose it is to become soaked. I wore a raincoat, winter hunter pants and backpack(25 slot). So I would run to a river and soak myself and be fixed for a short time. I tried running around with no pants but made no difference. Tried a full tracksuit outfit (pants and jacket) but still exactly the same, except the rain eventually soaked me. Are you supposed to just stop moving around and sit somewhere for a period to fix it or prevent it? Or is getting soaked the only way?

Edited by noother10

Just came to say I love the weather/body temp effects. After about 3 hours on an exp server today, I'd say it adds a big layer of realism to the game. More two-way radios spawn points? I found two in civ houses, one in Dubrovka and one in Polana.

Unfortunately Radios have been broken for the last 3 or 4 patches.

Did anyone ever encounter a bug where you get stuck in free-look mode ( ALT key ) ? Just had to relog to be able to turn my character again.

Did anyone ever encounter a bug where you get stuck in free-look mode ( ALT key ) ? Just had to relog to be able to turn my character again.

You probably double tapped Alt, in which case double tapping it again resets it.

I have had something similar.  Spamming the ALT key fixed it for me every time I got into it, though, so mine may have been something different.

You mean the one where the character looks like he's constantly changing his weapon?

How would that work as an exploit? "O wait, I'm going to enable this cheat that makes me highly visible, that'll give me the edge."

HAH!  Hadn't thought about it like that.  Thanks.

Z

Hm, tried double tapping, didn't try spamming the key however. Maybe the game didn't register my keypress correct just as it does with the hotkeys. But good to hear that the actual problem sat in front of the monitor in this case, saves me from writing a bugreport.

Edited by ChainReactor

Also been trying to figure out hyperthermia. I get it pretty fast normally and I've found while it doesn't kill you, it makes you super thirsty quickly, I could drink an entire canteen, be stuffed and hydrated, and 15mins later be thirsty again. The only way I've found to lose it is to become soaked. I wore a raincoat, winter hunter pants and backpack(25 slot). So I would run to a river and soak myself and be fixed for a short time. I tried running around with no pants but made no difference. Tried a full tracksuit outfit (pants and jacket) but still exactly the same, except the rain eventually soaked me. Are you supposed to just stop moving around and sit somewhere for a period to fix it or prevent it? Or is getting soaked the only way?

So the devs suggested that they are looking at nerfing hyperthermia a bit. In the meantime getting wet is probably the single easiest way to drop your temperature. That said if you only just see the effect go away and go back to business as usual you're going to overheat again almost immediately. Remove unnecessary clothing like hats and gloves or at least don't wear very warm ones. You might also try keeping a T-shirt or just running around in your under shirt for a while. If you're uncomfortable running around without everything on take a cooling break where you strip down to get nice and cold and drop your temperature a bit. Give it some time though if you know your outfit is heating you.

I've started carrying a "warm outfit" which is a wool coat/rain coat or something similar inside which I put my gloves/warm hat (ushanka or viper) and the rest of the time I'm running around in something much lighter. If I feel like I might get dangerously cold, I'll put on pieces of my warm outfit to either warm up or get comfortable.

Edited by Ebrim

Hm, tried double tapping, didn't try spamming the key however. Maybe the game didn't register my keypress correct just as it does with the hotkeys. But good to hear that the actual problem sat in front of the monitor in this case, saves me from writing a bugreport.

Had that yesterday, spamming helped me, BUT double tapping ALT should work, so yes, a minibug as far as I am concerned. But I would not report such a "small" thing in experimental, maybe it's a fluke. If spamming is the answer, then the problem is not really sitting in front of the monitor ;)

Edited by bautschi

Any idea about the release of this patch? I've quit from the experimental 2 days ago and i hope this week will come to stable

Edited by GunnyITA

I have to play without boots, gloves, hat and jacket, because i have all time hyperthermia, please fix it.. It's not Egipt, even in real life if it is hot you can stand it, In Chernarus is Autumn no 40C or winter and snow, for now you can't gear up your character the way you want, and many clothes are useless. And you have to run barefoot wtf  :facepalm:

• Like 1