haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

I'm looking at about 160 player slots full in my region.

I really have no idea what that means but all I'm seeing is this.

2uOeTYA.jpg

I know there have been a lot of questions about what causes this and what needs to be done to fix it, but so far I haven't seen any explanations, official or unofficial.

Am I 'entitled' because I want to know the answer for this great mystery? I don't know, I don't care.

Edited by Exorade

I really have no idea what that means but all I'm seeing is this.

In your filter change the ping to 500, you'll see some more servers that way.

I've got 2 working servers in my region atm. Both are full.

I've had a really hard time playing yesterday with all the disconnects and crashing.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

Zed aggro got crazy again. They can see you from very far away even if you crouch walk or crawl. I'm not sure if they can randomly hear you or just can see through walls. I tried testing their hearing by sneaking  behind a zed that was facing away from me. He didn't aggro even when I tried running behind him.

On the other hand I've had a couple of situations when I was inside a building looking for loot and zeds would suddenly run to me from 50m away.

Melee is bad, srsly.

Pitchfork has new animation but also deals no damage most of the time.

Shovel works fine, kinda slow swings.

Baseball bat hits lower than when you aim. You need to look almost directly up if you want to hit a zed in the head.

I was more successfull defendin myself with fists than melee, although there is a weird inconsistence aswell: sometimes zeds fall down after one hit to the head, other times they take 10 and don't care.

There goes SWE01 it seems. Now there are just two servers left in total that i can see. Do I have to go outside?

• Like 1

I don't have any need to see servers that i can't play on because of said high ping.

Exp build still down for the moment I see..  Well, kind of.  I see a @#$% ton of servers, but can't seem to connect to any of them.  Itching to check out and test more .49 goodness! 

I got a question for you , does anyone else have the problem that when you make a fire you can't see the flames only the heat and the glow of the firewood?

this has been the case for me for a long time now, anyone got the same or an idea if a certain setting causes this?

Thanks.

I played in US servers yesterday from the EU, and... i was actually nicely surprise, no lag or desync with a ping of nearly 200, they definitely got the network issues fixed big time, well in some servers anyway.

Edited by Cpanther

The servers that are up, the european ones at least, loose connection with me after about 5 minutes.

Maybe there's another issue like the "splint throwing server restart". I heared Brian Hicks mention in his livestream that he crashed the server he played on. I could imagine some idiots tried to reproduce it on the other servers, because they all went down after the stream.

Maybe there's another issue like the "splint throwing server restart". I heared Brian Hicks mention in his livestream that he crashed the server he played on. I could imagine some idiots tried to reproduce it on the other servers, because they all went down after the stream.

Definitely the type of thing i can imagine people doing, i can imagine people salivating at the possibility of being available to crash a full server... the ultimate griefing. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the people who put the experimental servers back online. :thumbsup:

I bet it's anoying to do your day job outside office hours.

Now lets experiment some more...

• Like 1

wtf almost every server offline atm ... theyre not doin maintanance on sunday are they ? XD

Svetlo ran very smoothly until the servers dropped, was it optimized recently?

It was going well and suddenly, all server disapeared :'(

Same, something is happening. Probably a good something but either way we'll find out soon.

also i did just find 1 weapon in 3 hours of playing ... pretty nice i think 

Anyone else getting a glitch where shadows are dissappearing then re appearing in the wrong places?

Anyone else getting a glitch where shadows are dissappearing then re appearing in the wrong places?

Yes.

The weather system like now has almost no impact on playing the game. I couldn't reach hot/hyperthermia state at all though I tried to force or provoke it (incl. wearing vest, headgear, gloves, boots). At least I could reached the opposite (yellow) cold/hypothermia state, but it had no really impact on gameplay, not more sway then usally with the weapons or something. In fact I didn't have to care what I am wearing atm... imo the char is getting to fast dry after a rain shower and of course to fast soaked when the rain is starting.

Btw I am bored from the food system too (since months) because when I am once full energized (light green), then I never have to carry food with me (just a waste of slots). I am always totally fine with eating occasionally a piece of food what I always find randomly on my journey.

Edited by Sharplooter

The weather system like now has almost no impact on playing the game. I couldn't reach hot/hyperthermia state at all though I tried to force or provoke it (incl. wearing vest, headgear, gloves, boots). At least I could reached the opposite (yellow) cold/hypothermia state, but it had no really impact on gameplay, not more sway then usally with the weapons or something. In fact I didn't have to care what I am wearing atm... imo the char is getting to fast dry after a rain shower and of course to fast soaked when the rain is starting.

Btw I am bored from the food system too (since months) because when I am once full energized (light green), then I never have to carry food with me (just a waste of slots). I am always totally fine with eating occasionally a piece of food what I find randomly on my journey.

Well.. that is a tricky one, you can survive without food for up to two months.. 3 weeks realistically, and no more than 3 days without water.. i always been wondering how they going to balance that.

Well.. that is a tricky one, you can survive without food for up to two months.. 3 weeks realistically, and no more than 3 days without water.. i always been wondering how they going to balance that.

By survive, you mean not die and without much calorie burn. If you're active like the avatar in game by necessity you're not going to last nearly that long*. Even if you completely discount all the lol-sprinting that players currently do this guy is easily burning between 2k and 3k calories per day. Unless of course your idea of playing DayZ is a Gandhi simulator. :)

*There also needs to be a distinction made between "dead" and "utterly ineffective" the latter is really the threshold to be concerned with for a game. If you take a rifle round to upper center of mass, it may not necessarily kill you immediately but you're definitely out of the fight and basically helpless. For a game, this is equivalent to dead. Starving for a couple days in which you are also very active will also make you pretty helpless.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

By survive, you mean not die and without much calorie burn. If you're active like the avatar in game by necessity you're not going to last nearly that long. Even if you completely discount all the lol-sprinting that players currently do this guy is easily burning between 2k and 3k calories per day. Unless of course your idea of playing DayZ is a Gandhi simulator. :)

Right, the way DayZ plays is not short of being a super athlete ... which means that we should be constantly eating...and drinking...

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

If you wouldn't eat so long you would be debilitated and couldn't do so long journeys, probably nausea becasue of to low blood sugar or circulation (some ppl would die faster than others because of hypoglycemic).

In the Mod I carried always food/meat with me, it was necassary when the char got hit/injured. In the SA you just need to be once light green energized. Of course the SA mechanic is more realistic then the Mod but for the gameplay the unrealistic mechanic of the Mod was better.

All what I am trying to say is that imo it's an issue when you don't have to carry food and drink with you. Get sick from drinking from ponds without water purification is badly needed. I would agree to stay interim healthy from drinking from wells. 

Edited by Sharplooter