haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

also off topic... today is a sad day.. may we take a minute to remember all those who's lives were cut short on this day in 2001.

awww, come on, stop it please

[19:02] <+SteamDB>   App: 221100 - DayZ

[19:02] <+SteamDB» Changelist 675787 (1 apps and 0 packages) - http://steamdb.info/changelist/675787/

• 221101/manifests/experimental: 375851546060505593 › 3093490879864898216
  • branches/experimental/buildid: 378407 › 379740
Edited by DizzyBob

cant wait for playable exp...

also off topic... today is a sad day.. may we take a minute to remember all those who's lives were cut short on this day in 2001.

Indeed, already 13 years ago... time flies. Lest we forget.

It's difficult for me to forget, every time I see the skyline I was born under I'm reminded.

Back on topic:

97.9mb update done.

Servers are live. Client should be available within minutes.

This one is almost the same as yesterday (some more tuning and crash fixing)

In general you can read last few status report as of the contents go.

-Duplication issues (fixed)

-New items

-Global stats

-Central loot economy

-Lots of bugfixing

-Temperature system

and a lot more

Known Issues:

Loot in containers is not visible after server restart

Broken shadows

Weapon switch during melee attack

During ammo ejection crash

Right click on opened Tuna, Sardines or Spaghetti crash

Melee attack with Can Opener crash

wet statuses on clothes are not showing up in UI updated

items visually stays in hands during throw animation

• Like 9

Servers are live. Client should be available within minutes.

Known Issues:
Loot in containers is not visible after server restart
Broken shadows
Weapon switch during melee attack
During ammo ejection crash
Right click on opened Tuna, Sardines or Spaghetti crash
Melee attack with Can Opener crash
wet statuses on clothes are not showing up in UI updated
items visually stays in hands during throw animation

Thanks SmashT.    Do you know if they fixed the hunger/thirst status updates?  Last time I ate it didn't update and when I logged back in I was extremely stuffed and threw up right away lol

I am in, so away we go!!!!!

Played 10 minutes, got a CTD. 
But new melee mechanics is good, Zombie are nicely animated and the new weapon work pretty well with a decent hitbox. 

Played 10 minutes, got a CTD. 

But new melee mechanics is good, Zombie are nicely animated and the new weapon work pretty well with a decent hitbox. 

A random CTD or was it caused by any of the known issues SmashT quoted in post #1057?

Damn, can't test the update now, got to work in a few minutes.

Hmmm ... No ctds here at all and I just played for 30 mins .. I'm loving the update so far the zombies are amazingly scary with their new harder to avoid path finding , the new animation(s?) , and lastly but not least much more houses seem to work to lock them out from last I checked :) .. Also the door opening closing sounds are amazing , definitely need more variety but it's a minor(but huge ) step in the survivally and realism direction . Can't wait to see it hit stable ... But oh anyone else see this bug ; when your usin a caddle prod and also have a compass in your inventory you switch randomly from the caddle prod to the compass in mid combat ? lol it's a tricky bug and I'll try and put it on the bug tracker tonight after work but anyone else have this issue ?

For me the issues are minor.

The baton should be placed in the pocket and not float on the shoulder, and also it´s damage output is really really low. Gonna test it out a bit more first but some tweaking could be good.

Hot - cold - wet etc seems interesting so just hoping it´s possible to dry out in a good timeframe and not to fast or to slow.

Two CTDs in an hour. The sounds where you can hear other people loading and opening stuff are back. Servers seem to crash, or at least I'm loosing connection after about 5-10 on any server. Swedish servers are not showing up. 

Found cattleprod and telescopic batoon. Tested the batton, kindof like a baseball bat in usefullness, but it will fit in one slot. Didn't find a battery for the cattleprod until my char got reset randomly, that has happined a few times.

Well, it ran for about 30 minutes, and then crashed while eating an apple, if that's got anything to do with it at all. But it runs, and it does so smoothly most of the time.

When I spawned in, two Zeds were on me already. No hyper-/ hypothermia occurred although I got soaked quite a bit.

Just used a medical thermometer , as soon as I did the server restarted and I got a crash to desktop ... Coincidence ?? I dunno ...

Is there a certain spawn area for the medical thermometer other than a medical building?

Crash when eating tunafish.   Dude I was talking to crashed when he was eating a bunch of food and drink I gave him.

Is there a certain spawn area for the medical thermometer other than a medical building?

the one I found was in the two story green house on the first floor under the medical cabinet that hangs on the wall ;)

• Like 1