hellzbro

does anyone find the crossbow underpowered

does anyone find the cross bow completely underpowered, i can't quite pinpoint why i find it underpowered but do you think the nerf on the cross bow should be reverted, because i shot someone 3 times in the chest and they didn't die, i'm quite sure i hit though considering his shirt went from pristine to ruined, same with his vest. Thoughts?

It could be buffed a bit I guess. Been shooting zombies and players, take 2-3 shots. If it would be 1-2 shots, would be quite nice.

i think it should be one shot, because by the time you reload, you die lol

Should be one shot to the head and five+ body shots for zombies, and one shot to the head and two or three shots to the body for a person.

• Like 1

two shot in the body is useless, by the time you shoot someone a) they've gone undercover b) they've turned around and shot you, i agree with the zed tho

Probably fixes itself once the whole clothing damage absorption thing is polished.

Right now that makes a lot of the weapons feel underwhelming. 

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

I think 2 body shots with the crossbow, and 1 with the bow should be enough to KOS simply to balance out the negatives of putting up with their limitations and lengthy crafting time.

i think it should be one shot, because by the time you reload, you die lol

the reload for the bow is actually rather fast.

Altho..i never used one since there are far better Options available and easy to find.

Nope they are underpowered in real life so thus they should be in game.

Totally underpowered by design. I don't like it but it is a game design decision. To make crossbows and bows the slightest bit useful they really need to implement arrow/bolt crafting.

Need flaming arrows. is this the only zombie experience in the history of the genre that doesn't allow the use of fire?

i can think of some crafty booby traps utilizing those portable gaz cannisters too.

I've been using the crossbow for hunting and it's great, quite and sometimes you can even pick up your arrows. But agree for pvp it sucks.

Probably fixes itself once the whole clothing damage absorption thing is polished.

Right now that makes a lot of the weapons feel underwhelming. 

Pretty much this. I almost feel they need to give items different damage absorbing properties eg some being bullet proof/resistant some being stab resistant and some being blunt force resistant. Might be a little complex ( i dont think so but i dont have to code it) but would certainly make a more complete and satisfying damage model..

Its a crossbow... one that can only be loaded with proprietary bolts adding to its weakness. It shouldn't be unreasonable strong or accurate but being able to craft bolts or simply use sharpened stick (at much less accuracy) would greatly increase its viability.

• Like 1

I'm fine with its power, the reload time is just BRUTAL though. You really have to be going for headshots with it.

If only bolts were more plentiful, or craftable, then it'd be better.

• Like 1

I tried to kill 2 zombies with it and was severely beaten. Maybe some more practice but I'd rather use an axe or a firearm.

We definitely need to have a crafting option for crossbow bolts and the damage dealt needs to be higher (one shot kills for head shots and two for the body, plus speedier reloads).

• Like 1

Nope they are underpowered in real life so thus they should be in game.

How does that even make sense if I use a crossbow or a bow to shoot an arrow through your torso in real life you aren't going to make it.

Edited by naraga
  • Like 3

How does that even make sense if I use a crossbow or a bow to shoot an arrow through your torso in real life you aren't going to make it.

Pretty much.

Now, don't get me wrong, a bow/crossbow would (and should) lose every time to a firearm in a stand-up fight. But, in an ambush situation, an arrow/bolt to the upper chest will kill you just as fast as a bullet.

just did a quick catalogue search, but won't link here in case of advertising:

avg range 0-60yd, with majority killshots being taken under 20yd, with reccomendation to fire within 40yd. Some websites claim that velocity & energy start slipping rapidly at 30yards or so.

OK, so now
* 350grain arrow/bolt with 355FPS(feet per second) @ 240lb force at the string.  Assuming all that force is transferred to the bolt and doesn't degrade until 30yd.

Even 240lb/in^2 is a LOT of force.  A slightly broadened arrow is still going to transfer that energy to you at the TIP, which is a very small point.  It's going to punch right through you and drag the head along with it.

that's just one example, i know there's variability in force, though most of the speeds i saw was around 350FPS.

You really should be dropping people in one hit to the chest/head.  Zombies are a different story, but I was quite upset to see that when launched into a guy's chest, he didn't drop dead.  At the very least i'd like him off his feet so I can reload or put my xbow away and twist the bolt around a little. 2-3 bolts, who do you guys think you are?

Along with gardening comes the ability to make poisonous tips for your arrows/bolts.  So, yea.  Should feel underpowered right now.

That is the thing, though: getting shot with an arrow should not be something that can be shrugged off. You have a razorblade-tipped pointed projectile LODGED in your body (if the shooter knows what they are doing, probably somewhere in the upper torso, cutting up your lungs and major blood vessels), interfering with muscle movement and causing ALOT of pain.

An arrow will kill you just as dead as a bullet.

does anyone find the cross bow completely underpowered, i can't quite pinpoint why i find it underpowered but do you think the nerf on the cross bow should be reverted, because i shot someone 3 times in the chest and they didn't die, i'm quite sure i hit though considering his shirt went from pristine to ruined, same with his vest. Thoughts?

doubt's how did u shoot someone 3 times. the reload time is epic. musta been an afk

Well, I found a crossbow today (a nice camo xbow) and a couple of bolts. I hunted down a Zed and shot him twice in the chest. The Zed kept coming, so yes, they are underpowered at the moment. They should be one of the most powerful weapons in the game.